People on social media showing off th...

People on social media showing off their perfect lives

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Lance Mansfield

Richmond, KY

#1 Jan 2, 2014
Since social media, Facebook, twitter, and so on is very big right now and everyone is into it I was wondering, do you all feel the same way I do like I want to just give up on living when I see posts, pictures and video of people I know that unlike me have everything you can ask for, tons of friends, lots of money, a perfect marriage or relationship with a future spouse, perfectly happy and healthy children and the list goes on and on.

How in the world did people's lives get so perfect and right in the last five to ten years? I mean, am I the only one who doesn't not have all this wonderful stuff? And just why, why would someone who has all of this want to promote it to the world and shove it in everyone's faces? It's almost like they all have a sick psychopathic desire to inflict pain on other people who have less than they do.

I noticed this quite a lot during the holidays both on Christmas and New Years. And I also see this a lot on Valentines day which I personally consider to be the most cursed holiday ever.

So my main question to everyone out there that has all of this and shoves it in everyone's face, is why? Why do you want to make other people feel like they are worthless and should feel like they are no count because they don't have all the nice "blessings" that you have?

Why do people these days play this sick twisted cruel game with everyone? Because of this I've been tempted to get out of social media all together because I just can't take seeing everyone except me and a few others have the whole world and all me and a few others get are crumbs. It's just sick, it's sick and it's demonic to say the least.
self centered people

Middlesboro, KY

#2 Jan 2, 2014
It's because so many people these days are so self centered they think it's all about me me me me. I have this and I have that. my life this and my life that. They think their lives are perfect and everyone else's is to and they don't stop to think and understand not everyone has a perfect life. Everyone don't get everything they want. I know someone just like that and it makes me mad all they want to do is gloat about everything.
Sympathetic

Brownsville, TN

#3 Jan 2, 2014
Lance Mansfield wrote:
Since social media, Facebook, twitter, and so on is very big right now and everyone is into it I was wondering, do you all feel the same way I do like I want to just give up on living when I see posts, pictures and video of people I know that unlike me have everything you can ask for, tons of friends, lots of money, a perfect marriage or relationship with a future spouse, perfectly happy and healthy children and the list goes on and on.
How in the world did people's lives get so perfect and right in the last five to ten years? I mean, am I the only one who doesn't not have all this wonderful stuff? And just why, why would someone who has all of this want to promote it to the world and shove it in everyone's faces? It's almost like they all have a sick psychopathic desire to inflict pain on other people who have less than they do.
I noticed this quite a lot during the holidays both on Christmas and New Years. And I also see this a lot on Valentines day which I personally consider to be the most cursed holiday ever.
So my main question to everyone out there that has all of this and shoves it in everyone's face, is why? Why do you want to make other people feel like they are worthless and should feel like they are no count because they don't have all the nice "blessings" that you have?
Why do people these days play this sick twisted cruel game with everyone? Because of this I've been tempted to get out of social media all together because I just can't take seeing everyone except me and a few others have the whole world and all me and a few others get are crumbs. It's just sick, it's sick and it's demonic to say the least.
I see what your saying but why should people that have a good marriage/relationship a family or are successful not be able to celebrate that? That is not fair to them. Not being selfish but they did not have it easy getting what they have.
Lance Mansfield

Richmond, KY

#4 Jan 2, 2014
Something else I wonder about, are their lives really that great or is it all an act? I know there is a lot of talk about "fake people" and people being and acting fake, is all of this I"m seeing on social media a prime example of this?

I mean for instance, is every marriage I see on fb being promoted as a perfect and happy marriage really as good as they are making it look? I mean is it all an act or are most people all of the sudden almost magically living perfect lives and falling into perfect relationships?

If they are then where in the heck do I go and get some of that "magic"? But as of now I feel like it's more of the former rather than the latter.
self centered people

Buffalo, NY

#5 Jan 2, 2014
Lance Mansfield wrote:
Something else I wonder about, are their lives really that great or is it all an act? I know there is a lot of talk about "fake people" and people being and acting fake, is all of this I"m seeing on social media a prime example of this?
I mean for instance, is every marriage I see on fb being promoted as a perfect and happy marriage really as good as they are making it look? I mean is it all an act or are most people all of the sudden almost magically living perfect lives and falling into perfect relationships?
If they are then where in the heck do I go and get some of that "magic"? But as of now I feel like it's more of the former rather than the latter.
You are one of the biggest fakes around. STFU!
Lance Mansfield

Richmond, KY

#6 Jan 2, 2014
Sympathetic wrote:
<quoted text>
I see what your saying but why should people that have a good marriage/relationship a family or are successful not be able to celebrate that? That is not fair to them. Not being selfish but they did not have it easy getting what they have.
Well I personally think it's more than just celebrating their good fortune and accomplishments.

Especially during the holidays where many of the homeless and less fortunate have been known to commit suicide, I'm under the impression that many of the more fortunate intentionally love to inflict pain on the less fortunate whether or not they know them. And if they do know them I bet they love to do it even more so, because it's like what Yeshua says "the heart of man is desperately wicked who can know it".

And like in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus the rich man had everything and yet he wanted more, at least in the sense, that he wanted to make people like the poor Lazarus feel even worse by refusing to help him and by gloating and promoting his rich and luxurious lifestyle in front of him for the sheer pleasure of it.

Now I hope I'm wrong, but I'm very afraid I'm right and that is the people in the area specifically and the women even more so than the men, get some kind of evil twisted satanic high by inflicting pain on people they either don't like or are less fortunate than they are by rubbing their good fortune or their "blessings" as many in this area love to call it in their faces. They are not really content enough with what they have, they have to inflict pain and dominate other people.

It's also kinda like what our government likes to do to us or other governments especially dictatorships love to do. The leaders have everything their hearts desire, but yet, they get this sick disgusting power high by inflicting pain and misery on their detractors or just on the people in general. It's yet another sure sign we are in the last days. And I only expect this phenomenon will only get worse and worse.

It's almost like this social media phenomenon is set up specifically by the elite or the illuminati (satan's earthly cronies) to help enslave humanity or at the very least enslave the less fortunate especially if they are followers of Yeshua.
Lance Mansfield

Richmond, KY

#7 Jan 2, 2014
self centered people wrote:
<quoted text>You are one of the biggest fakes around. STFU!
See that right there only proves my point. It's like something else I've noticed in this area. Women tend to be attracted to the MMA posers or people who are into that MMA/UFC thug bad boy, image.

It seems like if you don't deal drugs,brawl, beat people up, raise hell, have muscles growing out of your ears, listen to that gangsta rap garbage even though you are white. If you don't subscribe to that type of lifestyle, it seems women won't even give you the slightest look. It's been that way for my generation and it's getting even more like that in younger generations.

And what's even worse many of them try to act self righteously and go to church once or twice a week and then live the kind of lifestyle I just mentioned the rest of the week. They live double lives but yet they get the money and the get the girls.

It's just very disgusting. And I know it's just the times we are living in and the Bible says it will be that way until the end, but for now I'm just wanting to call a spade a spade and call evil what it is to it's face.
Poleman

Puyallup, WA

#8 Jan 3, 2014
Lance Mansfield wrote:
<quoted text>
See that right there only proves my point. It's like something else I've noticed in this area. Women tend to be attracted to the MMA posers or people who are into that MMA/UFC thug bad boy, image.
It seems like if you don't deal drugs,brawl, beat people up, raise hell, have muscles growing out of your ears, listen to that gangsta rap garbage even though you are white. If you don't subscribe to that type of lifestyle, it seems women won't even give you the slightest look. It's been that way for my generation and it's getting even more like that in younger generations.
And what's even worse many of them try to act self righteously and go to church once or twice a week and then live the kind of lifestyle I just mentioned the rest of the week. They live double lives but yet they get the money and the get the girls.
It's just very disgusting. And I know it's just the times we are living in and the Bible says it will be that way until the end, but for now I'm just wanting to call a spade a spade and call evil what it is to it's face.
Sounds like you're a loser and are jealous of what everyone else says they have. It may or may not be true that all those people have such perfect lives, but you confirm that your's is not that great. I don't have everything in the world, but that is a good thing. It makes things that I do achieve seem a little more special once I do get them. If you had everything all perfect all the time, what would you have to look forward to? As long as you're talking about all these people being evil just remember one of the commandments: Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors stuff. It doesn't say it just like that but that is what covet means. To wish you had what your neighbor has. Quit being a loser and enjoy what you attain.
Get a life yourself

Clay City, KY

#9 Jan 3, 2014
Lance Mansfield wrote:
jealous much???
Ummm

Winchester, KY

#10 Jan 3, 2014
Lance Mansfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Eat more crow.
Its BS

Barbourville, KY

#11 Jan 3, 2014
Many of these people are really miserable and putting on a show. If their lives were so great they wouldnt be on facebook trying to convince others how "happy" they are. This isnt an opinion either. I have known/dated some of these people and how different their lives are from what you would think by reading their facebook. Many are miserable, cheating on their "loved ones", and just total fakes.

“"Living The Dream"”

Since: Sep 11

It Is What It Is

#12 Jan 3, 2014
self centered people

Atlanta, GA

#13 Jan 4, 2014
my web life is a fake too
Adrienne

Huntington Beach, CA

#14 Mar 5, 2014
I agree. Social media is a platform in which normal people can post pics or status that help them feel they are living a perfect life. It's only when we put the phone down do we see the piles of laundry. Dishes in the sink. The kids fighting. Dog pooping. But why would we want to air our less then perfect things? We all know EVERYONE has less then perfect lives. But for a few mins on social media we can act or feel like we are Betty Crocker or Martha Stewart. I don't think it's to put another else down as much as it's to lift our own spirits up
Meth is death

Atlanta, GA

#15 Mar 5, 2014
Lance Mansfield wrote:
then get your fat ace off the computer and worry about yourself and your family cause in the end that's all that matters. All these other people don't give a f about your life so quit worrying about theirs. Who cares what people got and what don't got is what you got to realize. Nobody cares but you get off the internet and start walking five miles a day that will make you feel better about yourself
Meth is death

Atlanta, GA

#16 Mar 5, 2014
Lance Mansfield wrote:
<quoted text>
Well I personally think it's more than just celebrating their good fortune and accomplishments.
Especially during the holidays where many of the homeless and less fortunate have been known to commit suicide, I'm under the impression that many of the more fortunate intentionally love to inflict pain on the less fortunate whether or not they know them. And if they do know them I bet they love to do it even more so, because it's like what Yeshua says "the heart of man is desperately wicked who can know it".
And like in the parable of the rich man and Lazarus the rich man had everything and yet he wanted more, at least in the sense, that he wanted to make people like the poor Lazarus feel even worse by refusing to help him and by gloating and promoting his rich and luxurious lifestyle in front of him for the sheer pleasure of it.
Now I hope I'm wrong, but I'm very afraid I'm right and that is the people in the area specifically and the women even more so than the men, get some kind of evil twisted satanic high by inflicting pain on people they either don't like or are less fortunate than they are by rubbing their good fortune or their "blessings" as many in this area love to call it in their faces. They are not really content enough with what they have, they have to inflict pain and dominate other people.
It's also kinda like what our government likes to do to us or other governments especially dictatorships love to do. The leaders have everything their hearts desire, but yet, they get this sick disgusting power high by inflicting pain and misery on their detractors or just on the people in general. It's yet another sure sign we are in the last days. And I only expect this phenomenon will only get worse and worse.
It's almost like this social media phenomenon is set up specifically by the elite or the illuminati (satan's earthly cronies) to help enslave humanity or at the very least enslave the less fortunate especially if they are followers of Yeshua.
parable "Lazarus" yeshua Go blow it out your ass nobody wants to hear that baloney
shocked

East Bernstadt, KY

#17 Mar 5, 2014
Attention: Parents of Teens

Check your childs Twitter pages. A lot of teens are longer using FB now that many parents are using it. You may still be getting them to church on Sunday, but they tell what they are doing the rest of the week on Twitter. Smoking pot, drinking, foul language, and a lot of other things that would shock you.
My Opinion

Ponchatoula, LA

#18 May 3, 2014
It's because it's a persona. People create personas on Facebook. They display to the world their best possible image. The ones with all the friends (maybe over a thousand) have what are called shallow relationships.

Don't envy these people. Most are narcissists.
CreekBrother

United States

#19 May 3, 2014
Get a job and get off Welfare and you might be able to afford nice things!!!!
Life is a gift

Delmar, NY

#20 May 3, 2014
I think all the social media is bs. The people are sad. Truly damaged souls. Feel sorry of these sheep. They will go willing to the slaughter. They are desperate for love and recognition. If only they would open their eyes. They already have both.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 13 min Seriously 170,624
News Police make arrest in Bingham Tire investigation (Aug '13) 49 min I know 11
gR hampton boys basketball tourney 1 hr johng 5
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 2 hr Princess Hey 4,027
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 4,010
Where retha Ross? 2 hr Lisa5555 6
Zeb Garrison (Mar '09) 3 hr zebs use to be kid 26
Warren to receive Knox schools JOB ! ! ! 9 hr Sure 30

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages