Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | TPMDC

Oct 18, 2010 | Posted by: TopMod15 | Full story: tpmdc.talkingpointsmemo.com

The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 In 2:44 Evan McMorris-Santoro and Clayton Ashley October 18, 2010, 11:14AM Last night's Kentucky Senate debate was one of the most brutal of the year, hands down.

Comments
16,021 - 16,040 of 16,122 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
whitehair

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 15, 2014

Judged:

Just a change back to Politics!

Now we have all heard the news about Harry wanting to get the NV. land of the Rancher for he and his sons business projects .l suggest he be impeached or, at least, endure an ethics charge in the Senate!!

Of course do not expect much from any of them as they seem all alike.

The systems are broken!!!

Since: Nov 12

Battletown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 16, 2014

Judged:

Liberal pundit writes about what she learned working for Fox News, I bet fellow liberals are now furious with her.....Liberal pundit Sally Kohn wrote “What I learned as a liberal talking head on Fox News.” Despite what she had heard, the folks at Fox weren’t evil, homophobic, hatemongers like so many would have you believe.

My time at Fox News was marked by meeting and working with some of the kindest, smartest, and most talented people I’ve had the pleasure of meeting in life. As I said in my TED talk, Sean Hannity is one of the sweetest people you’ll ever meet – and even now that I’ve parted ways with Fox, he remains a good friend and mentor.

For a radical progressive who once harbored negative stereotypes about folks on the right, it was a turning point for me to meet people such as Mr. Hannity, Karl Rove, Monica Crowley, Sarah Palin, and so many others, and see that – though we certainly disagree profoundly on political issues – they’re personable and kind and human. Just like me.

It’s strange to suggest that a seemingly simple realization such as that is in fact a profound revelation, but in our hyperpartisan era, when we often vilify the other side as being less-than-human, it is.

Once I had that experience with some of the most visible voices on “the other side”– in my case, the right – it was an easy leap to find connection and compassion with everyday conservative audiences. These aren’t evil people, either, or stupid, or any of the other things that some liberals, in their lowest moments, have suggested. In fact, in many cases, I’ve learned that the ideological labels that feel so firm and unyielding among the professional political class are rather malleable among ordinary Americans.

Most people just want a better life for themselves and their kids. And they’re worried about the things they see as barriers to that opportunity – whether it’s big banks gobbling up all the money and real estate titles or higher taxes or struggling public schools or the cost of food. In real communities in real places across the United States, I’ve found that liberals and conservatives share many of the same concerns and problems and simply gravitate toward two different sides in searching for solutions.

“ONE EARTH”

Since: Mar 14

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2014

Judged:

whitehair wrote:
Just a change back to Politics!
Now we have all heard the news about Harry wanting to get the NV. land of the Rancher for he and his sons business projects .l suggest he be impeached or, at least, endure an ethics charge in the Senate!!
Of course do not expect much from any of them as they seem all alike.
The systems are broken!!!
If it is federal land for grazing how is Reed suppose to get it for his sons?
Why make stuff up. It hurts any true arguments you might have. when so much of what is said is obviously false how can the right expect people to believe the truths.

Can impeach over lies and BS.
From Boston

Boston, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2014

Judged:

nagle wrote:
<quoted text>If it was easy everyone would do it.I do not have the patience to look and do not understand much about computers.My nephews wife said she was patient if it just did not take so long.Guess I got the same problem.You give us a good laugh and we thank you for it.That is better than bickering over who is the best politician.No one has made a difference in my life no matter who is president.I get up.I work.I go to bed.I get up.I read a Stephen King book that I forgot the name but the character said something that stood out to me:he said SSDD and that was SAME SHI- DIFFERENT DAY.Again I thank you and May GOD Bless You and Yours.
Ditto
Republicans Are Stupid

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 24, 2014

Judged:

Rebecca wrote:
This was settled years ago. This government is trying to stir women up and make them think they are being done wrong.
Don't anybody ever read or listen to the news?????? GOOD LORD!!!
They think women are stupid and will take what they tell them and run with it without thinking. Well all of us aren't..
If a man has been working five, ten or twenty years and draws a good salary for his work and experience, and then his company hires a female and pays her the starting salary because she doesn't have the experience or the time the man has ,do you think she should be paid the same as him starting out.? Don't be a dumb ass for them.
Equal pay for women has been the law for years.
Now that was really stupid.

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 25, 2014

Judged:

A sweet little boy surprised his grandmother one morning, and brought her a cup of coffee. He made it himself, and was so proud! He anxiously waited to hear the verdict, on the quality of the coffee.

The grandmother had never in her life had such a bad cup of coffee, and as she forced down the last sip she noticed three of those little green army guys in the bottom of the cup.

She asked, "Honey, why would three little green army guys be in the bottom of my cup?"

Her grandson replied, "You know grandma, it's like on TV,'The best part of waking up is soldiers in your cup.'"
politicians

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 26, 2014

cant wait til the next election!
Republicans Are Stupid

Elkhorn City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Judged:

politicians wrote:
cant wait til the next election!
Will Romney win again?

Lmfao
Lmfao
Lmfao
PAM

Flatwoods, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

Flat Top Freddie wrote:
<quoted text>You copy jokes from the INTERNET! Trash!
Is that different from reading them from some joke book, and re telling them, or do you just make up your own?
just

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 27, 2014

to let you people know that race is over it ended in 2010 .its 2014 now.look its spring time. you are 4 yrs behind time.their another race to talk about now.wake up.

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Once there was an Democrat that was down on his luck. In order to get some money he decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom. He went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree and told him, "I've kidnapped you!"

Then, the Democrat wrote a note saying "I've kidnapped your kid. Tomorrow morning put $10,000 in a paper bag and put it beneath the pecan tree next to the slide on the north side of the city playground. Signed, A Democrat."

The Democrat then pinned the note to the kid's shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents, who just happened to be Uncle Tabby, and his very lovely wife.

The next morning the Democrat checked, and sure enough a paper bag was sitting beneath that pecan tree. The Democrat opened up the bag and found the $10,000 with a note. The note said, "Here is your money, but I still don't understand how a Democrat do this to another Democrat?!"
Pam

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
Once there was an Democrat that was down on his luck. In order to get some money he decided to kidnap a kid and hold him for ransom. He went to the playground, grabbed a kid, took him behind a tree and told him, "I've kidnapped you!"
Then, the Democrat wrote a note saying "I've kidnapped your kid. Tomorrow morning put $10,000 in a paper bag and put it beneath the pecan tree next to the slide on the north side of the city playground. Signed, A Democrat."
The Democrat then pinned the note to the kid's shirt and sent him home to show it to his parents, who just happened to be Uncle Tabby, and his very lovely wife.
The next morning the Democrat checked, and sure enough a paper bag was sitting beneath that pecan tree. The Democrat opened up the bag and found the $10,000 with a note. The note said, "Here is your money, but I still don't understand how a Democrat do this to another Democrat?!"
LOL!!! But the rest of do know.
Nonagenario

Lynn, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Republicans Are Stupid wrote:
<quoted text>Now that was really stupid.
I really agree with you. The woman is under her own admission 76 years old going into 77.
No husband and belongs to some kind of Corpses Club ( she confess).
Rebecca

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 29, 2014

Judged:

Nonagenario wrote:
<quoted text>
I really agree with you. The woman is under her own admission 76 years old going into 77.
No husband and belongs to some kind of Corpses Club ( she confess).
Well ,now we know for sure there's no getting through the thick headed, uneducated Liberals. No brains, no education, no job [and doesn't want one] no understanding of the English language ,written or spoken .
By my own admission?? You mean being truthful?? And like I said, you can't understand what you read, can you?
Dim wits like you are the love of Obamas life . Ha can twist your ass around his finger while he takes advantage of you without you dummies ever realizing it. You help him get in power and he's going to step on you like you were a cock roach to get you out of his way when he's through with you. PS, Again ,learn to read. You sound so stupid

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

Pam wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL!!! But the rest of do know.
Ha-ha!!! You're right, Pam, and I hope that you enjoy my jokes. Have a wonderful day, my friend!!
Trixie

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

greggg hobby wrote:
<quoted text>You need to leave Flat Top Freddie alone. He is a Topix Legend. You are the Topix Court Jester! You need to get treatment for your jealousy.
Praise Decency!
Trash..........I don't think so!
You Ding Bat!!! What are you talking about.
Vivian

Saugus, MA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 30, 2014

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
<quoted text>
Ha-ha!!! You're right, Pam, and I hope that you enjoy my jokes. Have a wonderful day, my friend!!
I love you for finding time to write the jokes to make my days to go to work with a smile.
far left on the right win

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 1, 2014

now look the dem's has being trying to warn you repub's of global worming. some how you just don't get it. but with ever neg. thing they got to be a pos. some where.watch this something is making drought that's bad. wildfires burn peoples homes up.and storms and floods destroy homes .cars and ever thing even kills some.now the biggest part of these people have insurance and will be covered.so if they a pos to this kind thing housing is going to take off along with many other things .the ones that takes the hit are insurance co.so you can say global warming boost the economy.and kills you much faster.
mom

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 2, 2014

we have come a long way....
tonn

Danville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 3, 2014

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
This was used about 10 years ago with republican instead of democrat and it is also a blond joke.So now steve is not only copy/paste boy but change words to fit your view.rand paul does that a lot also....steals others idea...plager something or other as I have forgotten the word

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

71 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 5 min sure 146,747
Chris fisher 16 min Memory 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr ChromiuMan 128,881
Giant Cross falls on Adult Store in Tennessee 1 hr Beelzebub 28
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr guy 81,559
Marlena cox 1 hr Lol 40
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 1 hr not 26,204
Elmer at Creek mart 13 hr lmao 8
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 21 hr sheila 420
•••
•••
•••
Barbourville Dating