Next Last
joe

Sheridan, AR

#1 Oct 8, 2010
They are no better than the Taliban!
hmm

Barbourville, KY

#2 Oct 8, 2010
there's already a very long thread on this subject. It has already been discussed. You may want to read your Bible and talk to God about it.
joe

Sheridan, AR

#3 Oct 8, 2010
Dear hmmm,

Why dont you read your Bible instead of Topix? I dont care if it has already been discussed. There is no reason that it cannot be discussed again.
umustnotundersta nd

Barbourville, KY

#4 Oct 8, 2010
Joe im not trying to be rude, but you need to read ur bible.
1 Timothy 2:1112

11 A woman should learn in quietness and full submission. 12 I do not permit a woman to teach or to have authority over a man; she must be silent.
joe

Sheridan, AR

#5 Oct 8, 2010
LIKE I SAID, YOU NEED SHIPPED TO THE MIDDLE EAST.
Amanda

Sheridan, AR

#6 Oct 8, 2010
I believe that God would be happy for anyone to preach what is good and what is right.
hmm

Barbourville, KY

#7 Oct 8, 2010
joe wrote:
Dear hmmm,
Why dont you read your Bible instead of Topix? I dont care if it has already been discussed. There is no reason that it cannot be discussed again.
Because I am not the one questioning what the Bible says, I already understand what God says about the subject. When something is already down in black and white, why try to dissect it again?
cmon

Georgetown, KY

#8 Oct 9, 2010
Amanda wrote:
I believe that God would be happy for anyone to preach what is good and what is right.
This is a classic example of "screw what the bible SAYS, this is how I think it should be so I'll go with this". Either follow the book or don't, you can't do both.
contradiction

Barbourville, KY

#9 Oct 9, 2010
cmon,

The Bible also says that everyone should come forth and spread the word of god. It contradicts itself hundreds of times. You cannot take one verse and apply it to anything. This is the mistake Christians seem to always make. Idiots. The Bible is not resolute on anything except the Commandments and even some of those are broken by no other than god himself.

Stop trying to apply bible-logic to everyday situations. It cannot be done and you will look like a fool.

Having said that, women can be preachers if they so choose. I consider Joyce Meyer one of the most influential ministers I've ever heard.

Go beat your wife then make her cook for you and get off Topix where you're spreading nothing but blind ignorance.
read it

Barbourville, KY

#10 Oct 9, 2010
contradiction wrote:
cmon,
The Bible also says that everyone should come forth and spread the word of god. It contradicts itself hundreds of times. You cannot take one verse and apply it to anything. This is the mistake Christians seem to always make. Idiots. The Bible is not resolute on anything except the Commandments and even some of those are broken by no other than god himself.
Stop trying to apply bible-logic to everyday situations. It cannot be done and you will look like a fool.
Having said that, women can be preachers if they so choose. I consider Joyce Meyer one of the most influential ministers I've ever heard.
Go beat your wife then make her cook for you and get off Topix where you're spreading nothing but blind ignorance.
you are so right! it was a women that lead me to the lord! and for all you true believers out there don't let me see you cut your hair shave your leg's or wear pants either! funny how man can twist a verse such as A WOMEN'S HAIR IS HER GLORY into women cant cut there hair?
umustnotundersta nd

Barbourville, KY

#11 Oct 10, 2010
joe wrote:
LIKE I SAID, YOU NEED SHIPPED TO THE MIDDLE EAST.
well explain to me or give me a scripture that says its ok for a woman to preach!
cmon

Mount Morris, MI

#12 Oct 10, 2010
contradiction wrote:
cmon,
Joyce Meyer? Tax evasion and missuse of church funds..... She has been charged with both.
As far as blind ignorance, could you please show me where it says that a woman can preach... It actually explains why they can't "For eve was deceived and Adam was not"
It does not contradict itself if you take it back to the original languages, it is just the kjv that does this. Before you spout your beliefs, it would benefit you to offer some scripture to back it up.
Final note: if the bible contradicts itself then it must be false, because, something can't be right and wrong at the same time.
lobo

Redondo, WA

#13 Oct 11, 2010
contradiction wrote:
cmon,
I would like for you to explain how God is breaking the Commandments. It's pretty arrogant for someone to say that not to mention downright stupid and ignorant.

“Somewhere in Time”

Since: Dec 09

Cannon, KY

#14 Oct 11, 2010
:)

Since: Jun 08

The Creek

#15 Oct 11, 2010
So much to say on this subject but I don't believe that God's intent for women was to preach. A little old fashioned and I won't get into details but I will say that I, Miss Independent, do not practice what I 'preach'....pun intended.
crazy one

Toccoa, GA

#16 Oct 11, 2010
if you want to go and listen to WOMEN PREACHER GO AHEAD BUT MOST PEOPLE ON HERE ARE NOT INTERESTED IN YOUR WOMEN PREACHER.
human

London, KY

#17 Oct 11, 2010
The bible plainly says that a preacher or deacon of the church shall be the HUSBAND of one WIFE not the wife of one wife.
Dan

Lexington, KY

#18 Oct 12, 2010
"And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: And also upon the servants and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit." Joel 2:28~29

Again your sons and daughters will prophesy, and so they will be prophets, "and upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit." I wonder why Joel mentions twice that the spirit will be poured out upon the gals? Our daughters and hand maids? I guess it has to be said twice.

Now a prophet according to the Old Testament was originally called a seer.

"Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to enquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer." 1 Samuel 9:9

And so, we know that a seer is one who can see things. Discern the nature of things, but most important of all is one who can see things in the word of God.

I realize that some people today think that the word seer is non Biblical, however in the beginning, originally the prophets were called seers in Israel. And so, this is what Moses and Deborah and Samuel were called. And you see the word used several times in Samuel's books. And so, sometime after Samuel the word for prophet in Hebrew came into use.

We also know that a prophet was one who received the word from God. And so, all of the prophets even to John the baptist tell us "the word came to me saying." And so, the word comes to us, if we study and read it. It comes to life.

"Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness." Luke 3:2

So the scriptural chain of the prophets was not broken since it even tells us that the word came to John the baptist. And so, this matter of them saying "the word of the Lord came unto me saying.." is the reality of a prophet. The word coming to life in them.
Dan

Lexington, KY

#19 Oct 12, 2010
If your son or your daughter receives a word. Then it was sent to them and they have the right to have their name associated with the word they received. Just like the prophets of old have their names as the title of the book of the word they received. If Sally gets a word from God and tells it to the preacher. And then the preachers says he got a word from God, he is fibbing because he did not get the word, but Sally got the word. And Sally is due her recognition.

It would be kind of hard for the word that has come to life in a man or woman, to remain in them without them wanting to share it. Out of their bellies flow rivers of living waters. And evey soul has their witness and testimony. You will not tell either a man or a woman to sit down and shut up and keep silent and so suppress and censor the word that they have received.

And no one can say the God will not do a new thing in the earth. And we know that He tends to tell us what He is going to do in advance. And so, He does tell us that our sons and daughers will prophesy and that "upon the handmaids in those days will I pour out my spirit." And so, no one can say that He will not do such things, since He tells us He will. And so, a woman can receive a word from Him, and has the right to proclaim and be a witness of the word. And so, a woman has her testimony the same as any man.

About 20 years ago now, an old friend of mine named Phil Boggs one day out of the blue said "We all have our word." And so, hearing that I recognized that it is true. The Holy Spirit gives everyone their witness, their word and testimony. And so, this is Phil's testimony here.

"Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert." Isaiah 43:19

I suppose if men who claim to be spiritual will not stand up and pastor as they ought. And will not allow themselves to be used as prophets in the body of Christ. Then Yahweh has to call upon the women since the men are not doing their job. And so, there might come a time or age when this is how it is. And who is to say this is not that time or age? Are you so sure it is not?
Dan

Lexington, KY

#20 Oct 12, 2010
In the scriptures back when the New Testament was being lived. The women then were told to keep quiet in the early church. But God never meant for women to always remain quiet in history and never be heard. And you know now, it is 2000 years now since Christ was born. And so, it is high time for a new thing in the earth. Time for all people men, women and children to testify and witness to the power of the living word.

Sorry folks but we do not live in those ages any more, and history never goes backwards. Mankind never looses knowledge of their past technologies, but goes forwards and takes their know how into the next age. And so, knowledge is retained. And the ages change, and so, nothing remains as it was forever. If it did, then many people along about now wouldn't want to hang around on the earth very long. They would be wanting to move on.

In these days we have seen some really bad creatures that creeped up into the church unaware and for the most part they appear to be of the male gender. So, we shall see what God will do, and if He is doing a new thing in the earth.

Now referring to a word that is received from God that is anointed by Him and is of a truth inspired by Him for our sons and our daughters:

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning." James 1:17

If a prophet in the body of Christ comes along today. And of a truth utters an anointed word. Then that word will come to pass. And it does not at all matter if anyone who hears or reads the word believes it or not. Really now it matters not. Since the Mighty One and His prophet make a majority and are the consensus of heaven. And so, neither the Holy Spirit or the prophet are going to ask any man's permission to hold a revival, and believe in restoration. Fore most, it is God's will that we prosper in spirit, and so in spiritual growth. However forked tongued ones have come along and turned prosperity around into being manifest only in physical terms such as in money. And so, define prosperity as financial growth rather than spiritual growth. And tell us that Yahweh the Great King in heaven is a banker. And so how forked tongued can they get? And again Yahweh does not need their approval to move upon His people to bless them with His Holy Spirit. And none of them have to receive the gift of speaking in tongues as proof or evidence of the Holy Spirit since the first gift of the Spirit is faith. And so, faith is the evidence.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Norma Ray Brock 3 hr curious 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr wow 131,389
who will you vote for as jailer 3 hr true 24
howard davis (Aug '12) 5 hr dizzyone1313 32
Mike Baker needs to run the Jail 5 hr Jumper Cable 6
Family Court Judge 6 hr decided voter 49
Who will you vote for as Judge Executive ? 6 hr decided voter 5
Who works at both the Advocate and the jail? 7 hr Patty 11
Knox Co jail threads GONE again!!!! 7 hr Webster 10
our little oligarchy town of barbourville 8 hr Character 10