Comments
1 - 20 of 26 Comments Last updated Apr 24, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
In Pain

Bolivar, TN

#1 Mar 16, 2009
I do not have any insurance so i am wondering if any of you know where the cheapest place is to get a tooth pulled?

I need one pulled really bad but i cannot afford the $105.00 dr. woolum & dixon charges per tooth.

Please if you know of any place way cheaper please list the name of the dentist and location.

Thank you so much
CreekGirl123

Corbin, KY

#2 Mar 17, 2009
If u live in barbourville, I go to brook mills. Good dentist. He might be cheaper and may put u on a plan.

Not sure!

Good Luck!
Tramp Blues

Manchester, KY

#3 Mar 17, 2009
I'll pull it for a 30-pack of Bud Light in the cans.
Best one I know

Barbourville, KY

#4 Mar 17, 2009
In Pain wrote:
I do not have any insurance so i am wondering if any of you know where the cheapest place is to get a tooth pulled?
I need one pulled really bad but i cannot afford the $105.00 dr. woolum & dixon charges per tooth.
Please if you know of any place way cheaper please list the name of the dentist and location.
Thank you so much
Brooke Mills would be my suggestion. He is cheap but he is also an awesome Dentist. Good christian man!
seem2

Norman, AR

#5 Mar 17, 2009
i know where one is income based but its not local
Bvillian

Richmond, KY

#6 Mar 17, 2009
Dunaway(if thats how ya spell his name) pulled a tooth of mine about a year ago. Costed $65 for simple extraction.

And if you call and tell him you are in pain, you are sure to get a next day appointment. Thanks.
seem2

Somerset, KY

#7 Mar 17, 2009
there is a cliniccalled the white house clinic in richmond its income based
1962 woman

Somerset, KY

#8 Mar 17, 2009
brooke mills charges 83 dollars for tooth extraction checked today
Well

Barbourville, KY

#9 Mar 19, 2009
Dr. Owens is cheap and VERY good. If you don't have insurance and need to make payments, even if it's just a dollar a month, he'll work with you and if you get behind on payment, they don't call and hassle you either. I went to him both before I had insurance and afterwards.
fromthispointon

London, KY

#10 Mar 20, 2009
In Pain wrote:
Thank you so much
Why In the world does not barbourville Hospital have a dentist on call 24/7 people have so many dental emergencys, It is treated like its nothing , They need a dental chair and x ray and yank that tooth out if its 4,56 am but they had rather write a big prescription for pain pills and make a apt 30 days away by that time someone could be hooked on pain medicine, so now you got a rotting painful tooth and a drug habbitt to add to it , I say the hospital should have a 24 hour a day er dental care its a sickness just like anyother yank that tooth out we dont want to go to loco momma medicine woman to get a tooth pulled,
but if its after 5,00 pm and you got a tooth emergency you just may have to go see loco momma medicine woman.
BCHS

Corbin, KY

#11 Mar 27, 2009
because the hospital can't afford to pay a dentist to be on staff full time. That's why.
dont care

London, KY

#12 Mar 27, 2009
Hey for real they should have some one to call in when you need them. My 6 year old grand daughter had to wait the whole week in., in very bad pain. Fell at school, and broke off her two front teeth.Now she will have to have about 6 surgery's they say, but if she would have been able to go strait to the denist she could have saved her teeth.
BCHS

Corbin, KY

#13 Mar 27, 2009
Well, what hospital did you take her to? In Corbin there's always an oral surgeon on call at nights and on the weekends. Just for your information, most general dentists don't have hospital privileges which is what you have to have in order to work inside the hospital. You have to be qualified to have them. The oral surgeon's do but, the oral surgeon's can also bill your medical insurance for your care when surgery (such as what your granddaughter would need) is needed. General dentists can't bill your surgery so, you would either have to pay the general dentist up front or the general dentist would have to do your work for free. I don't know about you but, if I was a general dentist and I worked in my office all week (40 hours) I wouldn't want to be on call at the hospital on weekends and then do surgeries for free! Would you? General dentists just don't make the money like the surgeons do and that's why they don't work in the hospitals. What should have happened with your granddaughter is the hospital ER should have gotten hold of the oral surgeon on call and requested they come in to see her or they could have called the nearest hospital with an oral surgeon on call and you could have gone there. I know Corbin and London both have oral surgeon's on call. Best of luck and I'm sorry for what has happened to your sweet granddaughter! Will she be going to University of Kentucky's pediatric clinic for further care?
dont care

London, KY

#14 Mar 27, 2009
BCHS wrote:
Well, what hospital did you take her to? In Corbin there's always an oral surgeon on call at nights and on the weekends. Just for your information, most general dentists don't have hospital privileges which is what you have to have in order to work inside the hospital. You have to be qualified to have them. The oral surgeon's do but, the oral surgeon's can also bill your medical insurance for your care when surgery (such as what your granddaughter would need) is needed. General dentists can't bill your surgery so, you would either have to pay the general dentist up front or the general dentist would have to do your work for free. I don't know about you but, if I was a general dentist and I worked in my office all week (40 hours) I wouldn't want to be on call at the hospital on weekends and then do surgeries for free! Would you? General dentists just don't make the money like the surgeons do and that's why they don't work in the hospitals. What should have happened with your granddaughter is the hospital ER should have gotten hold of the oral surgeon on call and requested they come in to see her or they could have called the nearest hospital with an oral surgeon on call and you could have gone there. I know Corbin and London both have oral surgeon's on call. Best of luck and I'm sorry for what has happened to your sweet granddaughter! Will she be going to University of Kentucky's pediatric clinic for further care?
Not sure but you should have been there to help when help was needed. A little late now. You would have thought the hospital would have known all that ,and told us at them time.
hello

Waterford, MI

#15 Mar 28, 2009
Well wrote:
Dr. Owens is cheap and VERY good. If you don't have insurance and need to make payments, even if it's just a dollar a month, he'll work with you and if you get behind on payment, they don't call and hassle you either. I went to him both before I had insurance and afterwards.
here is HE located? My husband needs work done & I would like to make payments!
Well

Barbourville, KY

#16 Mar 30, 2009
hello wrote:
<quoted text>here is HE located? My husband needs work done & I would like to make payments!
He's over behind Bingham's Florist, by Rite-Aid. His number is 5 4 6 - 8 2 2 8!
the best i know

Mount Ida, AR

#17 Mar 30, 2009
Try Dr Eddie (Edwin) Smith he is great and will help you out in anyway possible. He will work with you and doesnt try to rip you off.
chico

United States

#18 Apr 2, 2009
i am not a drinker but if i needed a tooth pulled and didn't have the money here is what i would do. get a bottle of jack daniels, take a few drinks, pass out, have my hubby or a good friend standing by with a pair of plairs. jerk the darn thing out and no more tooth problems.

“Counter Intelligence”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#19 Apr 2, 2009
chico wrote:
i am not a drinker but if i needed a tooth pulled and didn't have the money here is what i would do. get a bottle of jack daniels, take a few drinks, pass out, have my hubby or a good friend standing by with a pair of plairs. jerk the darn thing out and no more tooth problems.
You should run for president. You are so innovative.
big red one

AOL

#20 Apr 4, 2009
i need a tooth pulled cheap in the youngstown,ohio area. does anyone know of a place?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 5 min FUCKlNG Hysterical 1,480
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 18 min BRAIN STORM 130,544
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 25 min Republicans Are S... 151,267
stephanie wallace 35 min g bounce 1
marsha drury (Jul '11) 54 min Man 3
Slush pup 58 min I KNOW 3
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 1 hr Ancient Wolf 81,599
Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12) 19 hr Girl 40
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••