Smoking Ban coming to Barbourville!

Smoking Ban coming to Barbourville!

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jack

Middlesboro, KY

#1 Feb 11, 2014
Nods

Stanford, KY

#2 Feb 11, 2014
uh-oh

London, KY

#3 Feb 11, 2014
Don't sneeze on me. I hate it and I might get sick.

Don't smoke on me. I hate it and I might get sick.

I hope the ban passes.
SmokingEmOut

Somerset, KY

#4 Feb 11, 2014
SMOKE! SMOKE! SMOKE! THAT CIGARETTE
Writer Merle Travis

Now I'm a fellow with a heart of gold And the ways of a gentleman I've been told Kind-of-a-guy that wouldn't even harm a flea But if me and a certain character met The guy that invented that cigarette I'd murder that son-of-a gun in the first degree It ain't 'cause I don't smoke 'em myself and i don't reckon that it'll hinder your health I smoked 'em all my life and I ain't dead yet But nicotine slaves are all the same at a pettin' party or a poker game Everything gotta stop while they have a cigarette CHORUS Smoke, smoke, smoke that cigarette Puff, puff, puff until you smoke yourself to death. Tell St. Peter at the Golden Gate That you hate to make him wait, But you just gotta have another cigarette.
Jack

Keavy, KY

#5 Feb 11, 2014
A smoking ban in big B'ville is a joke! Instead of worrying if someone smoking a cigarette why don't we try and get these dope head thiefs off the streets first. This place goes at everything backwards. Why not worry bout bringing businesses here and building our town up instead of painting pretty paintings on our walls and planting flowers!! I think someone smoking is the least of our worries.
Marlboro

London, KY

#6 Feb 12, 2014
Jack wrote:
A smoking ban in big B'ville is a joke! Instead of worrying if someone smoking a cigarette why don't we try and get these dope head thiefs off the streets first. This place goes at everything backwards. Why not worry bout bringing businesses here and building our town up instead of painting pretty paintings on our walls and planting flowers!! I think someone smoking is the least of our worries.
Ban smoking.....? Legalize medical Marijuana....? More people smoke pot in Knox county now than cigarettes, How in the flusk does that work? Ban smoking but make sure you burn your garbage and leaves and throw some tires and plastic in there. If you really wanna help the health of knox county, first put a fine on anyone 10 lbs overweight, make it mandatory that all parents cook healthy meals for their kids and everyone would have to keep a daily record of how many calories they consume and burn.as well as personal hygene records.

The second hand smoke from cigarettes is minor compared to the odors that are emmitted from these lard arse farting people.... we smokers have have to tolerate when we go to buy our smokes.
gator

Mountain View, CA

#7 Feb 12, 2014
People who smoke also.......SUCK
Marlboro

London, KY

#8 Feb 12, 2014
gator wrote:
People who smoke also.......SUCK
You seem to ....BLOW.... quite a bit, welcome to the boat,or maybe...I should say may I join you?
tim

United States

#9 Feb 12, 2014
Marlboro wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to ....BLOW.... quite a bit, welcome to the boat,or maybe...I should say may I join you?
nobody wants to smell a smoker's breath, smell horrible
seems like

London, KY

#10 Feb 12, 2014
tim wrote:
<quoted text>nobody wants to smell a smoker's breath, smell horrible


Then move away , if you are that close to smell their breath, then your body odor or your cheap perfume or cologne probably smells even worse to the smoker. Many smokers see your fat your untidyness, your actions and language and your dress just as revolting as you see their smoking. Its a nice break to go take a break and smoke and try to forget what you have just seen and smelled. MOVE ON DUMBAZZ, dont stand and sniff like a dumb dog.
Just Thinking

London, KY

#11 Feb 12, 2014
Jack wrote:
A smoking ban in big B'ville is a joke! Instead of worrying if someone smoking a cigarette why don't we try and get these dope head thiefs off the streets first. This place goes at everything backwards. Why not worry bout bringing businesses here and building our town up instead of painting pretty paintings on our walls and planting flowers!! I think someone smoking is the least of our worries.
Although I am not a smoker and do not want people blowing their smoke on me, this poster makes so much sense. Our town is in trouble. We need real solutions to these concerns. Drugs are destroying us. Lack of business opportunity may also be our downfall.
vote

London, KY

#12 Feb 12, 2014
A lot of people are being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that have never smoked in their lives. The type of cancer is brought on by 2nd hand smoke.
I have smoked also, not knowing I have put my family and friends at risk. Is it so bad to ask people not to smoke around the public?
Justin

Stanford, KY

#13 Feb 12, 2014
vote wrote:
A lot of people are being diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer that have never smoked in their lives. The type of cancer is brought on by 2nd hand smoke.
I have smoked also, not knowing I have put my family and friends at risk. Is it so bad to ask people not to smoke around the public?
Please apply a little common sense to things. If it were in fact “second hand smoke” causing this “stage 4 lung cancer” we’d all be up sh!t creek without a paddle considering all the diesel engines that run around us hauling our cakes and pies in for mass consumption.
Justin

Stanford, KY

#14 Feb 12, 2014
Just Thinking wrote:
<quoted text>
Although I am not a smoker and do not want people blowing their smoke on me, this poster makes so much sense. Our town is in trouble. We need real solutions to these concerns. Drugs are destroying us. Lack of business opportunity may also be our downfall.
I agree with you 100%.
vote

London, KY

#15 Feb 12, 2014
Justin wrote:
<quoted text>
Please apply a little common sense to things. If it were in fact “second hand smoke” causing this “stage 4 lung cancer” we’d all be up sh!t creek without a paddle considering all the diesel engines that run around us hauling our cakes and pies in for mass consumption.
You have no idea. You do have a choice to smoke. So, what you are saying, it is ok if you smoke around none-smokers. Cancer, asthma, the list goes on and yes it comes from second hand smoke. Also, smoking and lung cancer clinically proven,#1.
Justin

Stanford, KY

#16 Feb 12, 2014
vote wrote:
<quoted text>
You have no idea. You do have a choice to smoke. So, what you are saying, it is ok if you smoke around none-smokers. Cancer, asthma, the list goes on and yes it comes from second hand smoke. Also, smoking and lung cancer clinically proven,#1.
You have no idea about having an idea. It was well proven back in the 60's and early 70's that smoking caused no harm. Are you using these same type "studies" to make your claim that "smoking and lung cancer clinically proven,#1"?
vote

London, KY

#17 Feb 12, 2014
NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE

http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/...

Secondhand smoke (also called environmental tobacco smoke, involuntary smoke, and passive smoke) is the smoke given off by a burning tobacco product and the smoke exhaled by a smoker.
At least 69 chemicals in secondhand smoke are known to cause cancer.
Secondhand smoke causes lung cancer in nonsmokers.
Secondhand smoke has also been associated with heart disease in adults and sudden infant death syndrome, ear infections, and asthma attacks in children.
There is no safe level of exposure to secondhand smoke.

Now Justin this is my last post to you on the subject. You should not be on this topix misinforming people. I don't expect that you meant to.
Justin

Stanford, KY

#18 Feb 12, 2014
vote wrote:
Now Justin this is my last post to you on the subject..
Good, because you're very narrow minded.

http://cfrankdavis.wordpress.com/2012/09/22/g...
Blowing smoke

London, KY

#19 Feb 12, 2014
vote wrote:
NATIONAL CANCER INSTITUTE
http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/...
Secondhand smoke (also called environmental tobacco smoke, involuntary smoke, and passive smoke) is the smoke given off by a burning tobacco product and the smoke exhaled by a smoker.
At least 69 chemicals in secondhand smoke are known to cause cancer.
Secondhand smoke causes lung cancer in nonsmokers.
Secondhand smoke has also been associated with heart disease in adults and sudden infant death syndrome, ear infections, and asthma attacks in children.
There is no safe level of exposure to secondhand smoke.
Now Justin this is my last post to you on the subject. You should not be on this topix misinforming people. I don't expect that you meant to.
What you need to do is avoid smokers, chill, get a good cool drink of water, and refrain from blowing smoke outta yo ass. Every one could quit smoking today and a year from now the cancer rate and the other things attributed to second hand smoke will not change.

Just go hump a tree, save a couple snail darters, and you will be fine.
vote

London, KY

#20 Feb 12, 2014
Blowing smoke wrote:
<quoted text>
What you need to do is avoid smokers, chill, get a good cool drink of water, and refrain from blowing smoke outta yo ass. Every one could quit smoking today and a year from now the cancer rate and the other things attributed to second hand smoke will not change.
Just go hump a tree, save a couple snail darters, and you will be fine.
OK, I had to quite smoking, very heavy smoker. You said " Every one could quit smoking today and a year from now the cancer rate and the other things attributed to second hand smoke will not change", not anything would change because the smoke and poisons that are in your body and everyone that you have exposed, will not evaporate into thin air, but after our generation has passed maybe the next one will have a chance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 min Forever wuTang 160,924
Amy and John 37 min john 17
Who has had fun behind Warners bolder holder fa... 1 hr Oops 1
I'm wondering what color Panties you're wearing... 1 hr Commandos 4
Looking for Debbie lawson 1 hr Misunderstood 7
Is Bill Ferro on Disability? 2 hr Just saying 2
Looking For A Big Beautiful Woman 3 hr lady toe lover 32

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages