Just so you know

Barbourville, KY

#1 Sep 27, 2013
School test scores were released today. See the county school's scores here: http://www.knox.kyschools.us/sites/blog/2013/...

All state scores are available here: http://applications.education.ky.gov/SRC/Defa...
Paddle Whackey

Graham, WA

#2 Sep 27, 2013
SAT scores are down across the nation. High school grads are not even ready to go to college according to college administrators. Thank the liberals for all the dummying down of good students so dumbasses wouldn't feel so bad about their lower grades. No child left behind was a bad thing.
returd

Barbourville, KY

#3 Sep 27, 2013
Paddle Whackey wrote:
SAT scores are down across the nation. High school grads are not even ready to go to college according to college administrators. Thank the liberals for all the dummying down of good students so dumbasses wouldn't feel so bad about their lower grades. No child left behind was a bad thing.
no child left behind was signed into law by george bush in 2001 .. stick to the few things you know anything about .. like touching yourself in public
Paddle Whackey

Graham, WA

#4 Sep 27, 2013
returd wrote:
<quoted text>no child left behind was signed into law by george bush in 2001 .. stick to the few things you know anything about .. like touching yourself in public
I know it was signed into law by bush. That doesn't make it right and it is still part of the problem turdhead.
testes

Barbourville, KY

#5 Sep 27, 2013
Paddle Whackey wrote:
<quoted text>I know it was signed into law by bush. That doesn't make it right and it is still part of the problem turdhead.
conservative solution to educational short comings is send your little nose picker to private school with public money, liberal solution is fire the worthless teachers and administators who cant do the job .. local solution is to teach whats on the test.It doesnt take a genius to see which is best
joke

London, KY

#6 Sep 27, 2013
Just so you know wrote:
School test scores were released today. See the county school's scores here: http://www.knox.kyschools.us/sites/blog/2013/...

All state scores are available here: http://applications.education.ky.gov/SRC/Defa...
The scores were awful !
Jack

Williamsburg, KY

#7 Sep 27, 2013
joke wrote:
<quoted text>
The scores were awful !
better than last years
joke

London, KY

#8 Sep 27, 2013
Jack wrote:
<quoted text>better than last years
Yes still at the bottom while other area schools are not
Po man

Graham, WA

#9 Sep 28, 2013
testes wrote:
<quoted text>conservative solution to educational short comings is send your little nose picker to private school with public money, liberal solution is fire the worthless teachers and administators who cant do the job .. local solution is to teach whats on the test.It doesnt take a genius to see which is best
Another obama lover. Liberals won't fire tachers and administrators that can't do their jobs, they promote them to less demanding positions. The logical thing to do is go back to the way schools were conducted in the 50's and 60's. Kids learned then, even if they weren't going to college they were smarter than most college graduates these days. I'd rather see kids go to private schools using public funds if they were actually learning instead of pumping money into the pockets of crooked people that are supposed to be running the schools.
testes

Barbourville, KY

#10 Sep 28, 2013
Po man wrote:
<quoted text>Another obama lover. Liberals won't fire tachers and administrators that can't do their jobs, they promote them to less demanding positions. The logical thing to do is go back to the way schools were conducted in the 50's and 60's. Kids learned then, even if they weren't going to college they were smarter than most college graduates these days. I'd rather see kids go to private schools using public funds if they were actually learning instead of pumping money into the pockets of crooked people that are supposed to be running the schools.
thanks for the mindless rambling of a bumbling halfwit. Im guessing you feel like poor people are making to much money also? Dont worry, Hillary Clinton for 8 years will make you feel better.
Not really

Barbourville, KY

#11 Sep 28, 2013
joke wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes still at the bottom while other area schools are not
Knox county has an overall score of 50, which puts them in the 20th percentile. Not wonderful, but considering they were in the 7th percentile last year, that is quite a big improvement. It takes time (and support!) to get better, and if Knox County continues to improve like this year, that will obviously get better. You have to keep in mind that Knox County has quite a few schools whose scores are averaged together to get the final score. If one school does bad, it brings all the scores down. Lay and GR's scores are already comparable to area schools, and most if not all others went up as well. It takes teachers, administrators, PARENTS and STUDENTS to raise the scores though. Maybe that's what those school's have that are doing well! You need to check all of scores for individual school's in the area before you start saying all other school's are not at the bottom. I think you might be surprised. For instance, Barbourville Elementary ranked LOWER than ALL Knox County schools but one. There are other surprises as well, but you have to actually look at the scores instead of just assuming. The link is posted in a previous post. Check it out yourself. It takes time and effort though, and I realize it's much easier just the condemn and put down the schools without bothering to get any facts. Each district has bright spots and not so bright spots. Look at all before judging.
terror

London, KY

#12 Sep 28, 2013
Not really wrote:
<quoted text>Knox county has an overall score of 50, which puts them in the 20th percentile. Not wonderful, but considering they were in the 7th percentile last year, that is quite a big improvement. It takes time (and support!) to get better, and if Knox County continues to improve like this year, that will obviously get better. You have to keep in mind that Knox County has quite a few schools whose scores are averaged together to get the final score. If one school does bad, it brings all the scores down. Lay and GR's scores are already comparable to area schools, and most if not all others went up as well. It takes teachers, administrators, PARENTS and STUDENTS to raise the scores though. Maybe that's what those school's have that are doing well! You need to check all of scores for individual school's in the area before you start saying all other school's are not at the bottom. I think you might be surprised. For instance, Barbourville Elementary ranked LOWER than ALL Knox County schools but one. There are other surprises as well, but you have to actually look at the scores instead of just assuming. The link is posted in a previous post. Check it out yourself. It takes time and effort though, and I realize it's much easier just the condemn and put down the schools without bothering to get any facts. Each district has bright spots and not so bright spots. Look at all before judging.
How did they compare to Corbin and sine you mentioned it, why didn't you mention how Barbourville HS compared to Knox H S? Do you think the state being in charge of KC had anything to do with improvement? Whoever is happy to be in bottom fifth deserves to be there
Hmmm

Barbourville, KY

#13 Sep 29, 2013
Not really wrote:
<quoted text>
, Barbourville Elementary ranked LOWER than ALL Knox County schools but one.
Wow! Really? That's interesting information.
Mr Skinner

Graham, WA

#14 Sep 29, 2013
testes wrote:
<quoted text>thanks for the mindless rambling of a bumbling halfwit. Im guessing you feel like poor people are making to much money also? Dont worry, Hillary Clinton for 8 years will make you feel better.
Talk about a half wit. You aren't even in touch with the reality of life. I guess common sense has escaped you. Hillary will never be president. She has too much blood on her hands for anyone to risk their career to nominate her. Beside obummer isn't going to leave peacibly, he is going to come up with something so he can stay longer. Martial Law comes to mind, that would effectively do away with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights so he could presumably become a Dictator or King which is his goal.
Fuh que

Barbourville, KY

#15 Sep 29, 2013
Mr Skinner wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about a half wit. You aren't even in touch with the reality of life. I guess common sense has escaped you. Hillary will never be president. She has too much blood on her hands for anyone to risk their career to nominate her. Beside obummer isn't going to leave peacibly, he is going to come up with something so he can stay longer. Martial Law comes to mind, that would effectively do away with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights so he could presumably become a Dictator or King which is his goal.
your stupity is overwhelming me, go back to your little girl games gator.You and limp dick idiots like you will bow to the demos again and then again.
Confused

Barbourville, KY

#16 Sep 29, 2013
Mr Skinner wrote:
<quoted text>Talk about a half wit. You aren't even in touch with the reality of life. I guess common sense has escaped you. Hillary will never be president. She has too much blood on her hands for anyone to risk their career to nominate her. Beside obummer isn't going to leave peacibly, he is going to come up with something so he can stay longer. Martial Law comes to mind, that would effectively do away with the Constitution and the Bill of Rights so he could presumably become a Dictator or King which is his goal.
I thought this thread was about test scores. What has this got to do with that?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 2 hr Princess Hey 821
Narhan Parks 2 hr WonderingEyes 13
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Princess Hey 3,797
Timmy Earles and Eric Canady 2 hr Johanna 3
Stephen Trace Signs 3 hr moneymoney 20
1st day of school for Knox 3 hr wondering 5
Tony Mills and his women 3 hr Gotem 16
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages