Good Job Mr Redneck

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2011

WHY would anyone in their right mind, be proud, to be called a redneck? There is a reason why people think the slander word for white trash is "redneck". Close minded, think they are superior to others, MOST are uneducated, live off of food stamps and welfare, inbreeders, they screw up their kids heads so their kids can grow up and contribute to society in a negative way too. "Yeah I'm proud to be a Redneck", dum ass showed up to a job interview with that saying on his shirt. Why?, because he did not want to get the job, he wanted to continue getting unemployment funds, good job Mr. Redneck!
redneck

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2011

Judged:

stupid just comes easy to us , we dont even have to try

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Working in the fields all day caused their necks to turn red, hence, redneck. Basically a term for good hard working people. Your Damn right I am a redneck.

“Counter Intelligence”

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Americans are stupid.
Good Job Mr Redneck

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Answering Machine wrote:
Working in the fields all day caused their necks to turn red, hence, redneck. Basically a term for good hard working people. Your Damn right I am a redneck.
Historically the term "redneck" could mean what you are stating but today's society do not view "redneck" as a hard worker, it is the opposite - LAZY and white trash. You working all day in the fields makes you a harder worker and proud of it,that does not make you what society views a redneck to be, unless you have the other qualities that are listed above in the other comments about a redneck.
Terry135

Gray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

This what the dictionary say a redneck is:
1. an offensive term for a white farm hand in the southern United States, especially one regarded as uneducated or aggressively prejudiced
2. an offensive term for somebody who is opposed to liberal social changes, especially somebody regarded as prejudiced
Knowing Eye

Cathedral City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2011

Terry135 wrote:
This what the dictionary say a redneck is:
1. an offensive term for a white farm hand in the southern United States, especially one regarded as uneducated or aggressively prejudiced
2. an offensive term for somebody who is opposed to liberal social changes, especially somebody regarded as prejudiced
Please read the "Coal Miner" section of the article:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redneck

The term was originally used to describe UNION MEMBERS who stood up to the owners and the federal government despite so incredible odds. They withstood a lot of abuse, including arrest and murder, from their own government.

The people that withstood that abuse have a right to be proud.
Good Job Mr Redneck

Warner Robins, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Redneck term is NOT consider that way anymore! They are not considered UNION MEMBERS! When you see shows like Steve Wilkos and Jerry Springer, most of their guests are from the south, their rednecks and it puts the people in the south to shame. Although some people in the south are downright the best people you will meet, except the ones that are close minded, but most will give you the shirt off their back.
Fredneck

Barbourville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 15, 2011

Only red necks and red necks who dont know what a red necks is , are proud of being rednecks.
Knowing Eye

Cathedral City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 16, 2011

Good Job Mr Redneck wrote:
Redneck term is NOT consider that way anymore! They are not considered UNION MEMBERS! When you see shows like Steve Wilkos and Jerry Springer, most of their guests are from the south, their rednecks and it puts the people in the south to shame. Although some people in the south are downright the best people you will meet, except the ones that are close minded, but most will give you the shirt off their back.
I think there is a difference between being unsophisticated (Jeff Foxworthy's definition) and being deliberate idiots like the guests on Springer. Those are not redneckts - they are damn fools and we should chase them out of state as soon as possible.

I think Foxworthy has elevated the term "redneck" from what it used to be.
bushie

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Answering Machine wrote:
You need to go back to school,that isn't were it came from.You are showing your IQ

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 18, 2011

bushie wrote:
<quoted text>You need to go back to school,that isn't were it came from.You are showing your IQ
You are retarded
Todd A

Libertyville, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 3, 2011

hatesthenewedsystem wrote:
<quoted text>
.if a child dont want to learn
Nice English! Schools can punish kids, at least anywhere I've ever lived, and a typical redneck reaction to anything seems to be paddle the kid or kick someone's ass. Solve everything by hitting.
sthrnbybrth

Commerce, GA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

The children learn from the adults, end of story.
hello

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2013

Rebel wrote:
Cousin love?

Actually most people who act out or display the traits of the "redneck" stigma have brown or black necks.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 35 of35
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min ChristWarrior 122,515
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 min Mississippi Man 81,183
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min Jay 138,304
Is Paul Baker a good Disability Lawyer? (Dec '12) 1 hr Question 70
Larry dye and Amy dye 1 hr Just me 13
Melissa Collett (May '12) 2 hr hot mama 41
mike baker for jailer 2 hr Games 3
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 5 hr your screwed 9
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 15 at 9:40PM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs