Stivers center swin coach abandons ch...
wow

United States

#21 Mar 21, 2012
so wrote:
<quoted text>don't go then
we've already paid for lessons
too hot

Manchester, KY

#22 Mar 21, 2012
they need to do something about the cardio room .it is so hot in there .they try to cool it but,either the air isn't working right or the sun from those windows is making it unbearable to use. they need to do something.people are complaining.some one is gonna stroke out for sure.
county swimmer

Murray, KY

#23 Mar 22, 2012
too hot wrote:
they need to do something about the cardio room .it is so hot in there .they try to cool it but,either the air isn't working right or the sun from those windows is making it unbearable to use. they need to do something.people are complaining.some one is gonna stroke out for sure.
i want to start going here but i would like to know who is the manager and who is responsible for the temperature of the building and temp. of the pool water. so who is it?
wow

United States

#24 Mar 22, 2012
Ugggh! Have to endure that heat again this evening! I dread it! Have you all stopped by for your tour of the building yet?? Make sure to go to the therapy room you'll see!
too hot

Manchester, KY

#25 Mar 22, 2012
tommy ruth is the director.i guess he is
well well

United States

#26 May 22, 2012
This dee woman that thinks she owns the center was even rude to a local judge and his daughter last weekend now ive heard it all about how that place is with children after listening to that
FYI

London, KY

#28 May 23, 2012
well if u know anything about the kceoc u know that paul dole is the CEO and dee is his wife, so yea they do run things...
soooo

London, KY

#29 May 23, 2012
So has the temperature of the therapy room and pool cooled down some?

Since: Mar 12

Lexington

#30 May 23, 2012
it's a 6 million dollar pool, and it is in a league of its own in this area, but they could have built a very nice pool and put some of that money into other areas of the facility. it's very limited except for the pool. And dee dole, she is just a nasty person to start with, anyone else who acts half as bad as she does would have got the boot in a couple of days.
maybe

United States

#31 May 23, 2012
i guess she does.she's the new director.i find mrs.dole very helpful when i go there don't know her personally.the last director acted a bit uppity if you ask me.oh well no one's perfect.
In the Know

United States

#33 May 23, 2012
Dee Dole is far from helpful! She has all her former swimmers working there as lifeguards and although she will tell others that there is a need for additional guards, she will not hire any. I know certified lifeguards who have applied and went through her "swimming" test and she didn't feel that they were strong enough swimmers. Probably because she didnt coach them. Ok! Someone felt that they were strong enough to certify them. Lifeguard certification is not an easy task. It is a 3 or 4 day training. She is rude to people when they go to the center and it isn't just her. The assistant is no better. Someone needs to take control of the center and the way it is being ran or it is going to be a million dollar waste. No one wants to be treated like they are not worthy when they are paying to use the facility. Furthermore, she needs to give other young adults in this county the opportunity to work besides just the few that have swam on her beloved swim team. At least these kids are trying to work and aren't depending on us to support them like so many others in our county. Give them a chance, Dee Dole!
complainer

United States

#34 May 24, 2012
I dont know if the gym has air or not because it is so hot in there that it is impossible to work out. That might be the reason there's only a few people go there. I have complained about this but it just doesn't help. Just a reminder, clean the equipment before using, I don't think they do each time.
NEVER COME AGAIN

London, KY

#36 Jun 3, 2012
In the Know wrote:
Dee Dole is far from helpful! She has all her former swimmers working there as lifeguards and although she will tell others that there is a need for additional guards, she will not hire any. I know certified lifeguards who have applied and went through her "swimming" test and she didn't feel that they were strong enough swimmers. Probably because she didnt coach them. Ok! Someone felt that they were strong enough to certify them. Lifeguard certification is not an easy task. It is a 3 or 4 day training. She is rude to people when they go to the center and it isn't just her. The assistant is no better. Someone needs to take control of the center and the way it is being ran or it is going to be a million dollar waste. No one wants to be treated like they are not worthy when they are paying to use the facility. Furthermore, she needs to give other young adults in this county the opportunity to work besides just the few that have swam on her beloved swim team. At least these kids are trying to work and aren't depending on us to support them like so many others in our county. Give them a chance, Dee Dole!
I had a group there last week she is the worst excuse for a person much less a manager. That place could be great but not with this lady running. KNOX COUNTY GET A CLUE
Terrible

United States

#37 Jun 3, 2012
complainer wrote:
I dont know if the gym has air or not because it is so hot in there that it is impossible to work out. That might be the reason there's only a few people go there. I have complained about this but it just doesn't help. Just a reminder, clean the equipment before using, I don't think they do each time.
What do you expect when they spin 6million on a pool for Union College... Pool area's are very hot and that is basically the entire facility with a few small rooms and crappy workout equipment.. Its a joke and waste of money. Knox County citizens should be pissed over it. They could have spent half the money and made a facility twice as nice and have 10x the members
Fact Checker

London, KY

#39 Jun 4, 2012
Terrible wrote:
<quoted text>
What do you expect when they spin 6million on a pool for Union College... Pool area's are very hot and that is basically the entire facility with a few small rooms and crappy workout equipment.. Its a joke and waste of money. Knox County citizens should be pissed over it. They could have spent half the money and made a facility twice as nice and have 10x the members
Think you better rethink who this pool is for UNION COLLEGE? Its KCEOC or more like the DOLE Pool. Dont KCEOC employess have a memebership. Union people dont.
wondering what the truth

London, KY

#41 Jun 11, 2012
What is the truth about this place?
THE TRUTH

Somerset, KY

#42 Jun 11, 2012
It is true! She does not pay any attention to those children at various times!!! Children that age HAVE to HAVE constant supervision around water (among other activites)! I PERSONALLY watched her turn her back to a child, and the child jumped in the water. A three year old! If that had been my child, I guess I would be in jail! Anyhow, it is THE TRUTH!
seriously

Somerset, KY

#43 Jun 11, 2012
Fact Checker wrote:
<quoted text>
Think you better rethink who this pool is for UNION COLLEGE? Its KCEOC or more like the DOLE Pool. Dont KCEOC employess have a memebership. Union people dont.
So what if the employees of KCEOC have a membership to the Center. Who do you think does the payroll and such? KCEOC employee!

It isn't going to kill one of Union's students to pay for a membership anyway (like the rest of Knox County). Hell, 99% of them are from out of state getting a free ride anyway. Free Room and Board, free books, supplies, etc. The other 1% gets grants, ect...$$$ that does not have to be paid back like a loan!

Leave KCEOC alone... they may just take the Home they built for you, the apartment you are living in, the air conditioning you have in the summer, the heat you have in the winter, the food that feeds your children's mouths all summer long, the free passes to the water park or even the electricity that lights the home they've provided for you or the telephone that allows you communication... ALL FOR FREE!

KCEOC is dedicated to Community Action! It is doing it's job well! Again... look at the heating/cooling/electricity/ap artment/housing/food/education programs!

To be honest, you probably would not even have internet access if it wasn't for KCEOC! If you don't like it, keep complaining and see how it feels to actually have to pay rent or a mortgage!

Sorry, but true!
sure thing

United States

#44 Jun 12, 2012
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if the employees of KCEOC have a membership to the Center. Who do you think does the payroll and such? KCEOC employee!
It isn't going to kill one of Union's students to pay for a membership anyway (like the rest of Knox County). Hell, 99% of them are from out of state getting a free ride anyway. Free Room and Board, free books, supplies, etc. The other 1% gets grants, ect...$$$ that does not have to be paid back like a loan!
Leave KCEOC alone... they may just take the Home they built for you, the apartment you are living in, the air conditioning you have in the summer, the heat you have in the winter, the food that feeds your children's mouths all summer long, the free passes to the water park or even the electricity that lights the home they've provided for you or the telephone that allows you communication... ALL FOR FREE!
KCEOC is dedicated to Community Action! It is doing it's job well! Again... look at the heating/cooling/electricity/ap artment/housing/food/education programs!
To be honest, you probably would not even have internet access if it wasn't for KCEOC! If you don't like it, keep complaining and see how it feels to actually have to pay rent or a mortgage!
Sorry, but true!
I JUST LOVE KCEOC !

Since: Mar 12

Lexington

#45 Jun 12, 2012
seriously wrote:
<quoted text>
So what if the employees of KCEOC have a membership to the Center. Who do you think does the payroll and such? KCEOC employee!
It isn't going to kill one of Union's students to pay for a membership anyway (like the rest of Knox County). Hell, 99% of them are from out of state getting a free ride anyway. Free Room and Board, free books, supplies, etc. The other 1% gets grants, ect...$$$ that does not have to be paid back like a loan!
Leave KCEOC alone... they may just take the Home they built for you, the apartment you are living in, the air conditioning you have in the summer, the heat you have in the winter, the food that feeds your children's mouths all summer long, the free passes to the water park or even the electricity that lights the home they've provided for you or the telephone that allows you communication... ALL FOR FREE!
KCEOC is dedicated to Community Action! It is doing it's job well! Again... look at the heating/cooling/electricity/ap artment/housing/food/education programs!
To be honest, you probably would not even have internet access if it wasn't for KCEOC! If you don't like it, keep complaining and see how it feels to actually have to pay rent or a mortgage!
Sorry, but true!
You might want to know that some people don't get anything from the KCEOC at all, those of us who have jobs and pay for everything ourselves. They have misused money year after year after year, and if you think that either of the Doles are competent in their positions you are either blind, stupid or both.(or on the payrole) Sorry but true!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
How much prison time will Pam bargo get ? 16 min Lame 2
Teaching jobs 24 min Smith 2
where is Nicole Langley? (May '15) 46 min laid back on the ... 32
Diagnostic Review 55 min Hero to zero 4
I love you 57 min Just saying 17
Roads in Whitesburg Hollow involving Three Oaks (Jun '14) 1 hr Owner 23
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr another viewer 148,328
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages