scholar

Barbourville, KY

#41 Nov 18, 2012
Dink wrote:
When are we closing it down
my boy went to barbourville ind. high school and went on through college and got two degrees and now has a great job thanks to that school!
scholar

Barbourville, KY

#42 Nov 18, 2012
Parent wrote:
Barbourville Elementary test scores were lower than all county schools but Flat Lick and Lynn Camp!
i can't hardly believe that.
mom

Barbourville, KY

#43 Nov 18, 2012
Wondering wrote:
Well excuse me I went to Barbourville
my son went there. switched from central and started doing a lot better!

“No A appointment Necessary ”

Since: Dec 09

Cannon, KY

#44 Nov 18, 2012
It should have been closed down more than ten years ago.
Bump

Barbourville, KY

#45 Nov 18, 2012
scholar wrote:
<quoted text>i can't hardly believe that.
All of the test scores for the elementary schools were posted in a previous thread. Look at that one for more info, or look them up yourself online. It's definitely true.
Dreamer

Williamsburg, KY

#46 Nov 18, 2012
look again wrote:
Barbourville system is not in any danger.
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I know that Barbourville City is currently at cap for the number of Knox Co. kids that they are permitted to take and they can't go over any more or they will be losing money. That was a motion set forth by the Knox Co. school board and only step one of moving toward the ending of the recprocal agreement with Barbourville city. If and when that happens Barbourville City can't afford to stay open. Maybe for a couple of years or so, but that's it. People in Knox Co. can't afford to pay tuition to the city school in order for their children to attend school out of district, especially in the down economy and so many jobs that have been lost over the past few years around here. It would be best for everybody involved if the two schools merged because it would bring the best of administrators, teachers, students, athletes, etc. together for a common cause.
Dumbasses

London, KY

#47 Nov 18, 2012
Dreamer wrote:
<quoted text>
I wouldn't be so quick to say that. I know that Barbourville City is currently at cap for the number of Knox Co. kids that they are permitted to take and they can't go over any more or they will be losing money. That was a motion set forth by the Knox Co. school board and only step one of moving toward the ending of the recprocal agreement with Barbourville city. If and when that happens Barbourville City can't afford to stay open. Maybe for a couple of years or so, but that's it. People in Knox Co. can't afford to pay tuition to the city school in order for their children to attend school out of district, especially in the down economy and so many jobs that have been lost over the past few years around here. It would be best for everybody involved if the two schools merged because it would bring the best of administrators, teachers, students, athletes, etc. together for a common cause.
There is no best of at either place LOOK AT TEST SCORES. They need to replace all involved at booth places.
look again

Barbourville, KY

#48 Nov 18, 2012
People are worried about something that will not happen. Move on. Not gonna happen!
Ya know

Williamsburg, KY

#49 Nov 19, 2012
look again wrote:
People are worried about something that will not happen. Move on. Not gonna happen!
You lady are in complete denial. It may not happen but could absolutely very well happen too.
LOLZ

London, KY

#50 Nov 19, 2012
Dreamer wrote:
<quoted text>
it would bring the best of administrators, teachers, students, athletes, etc. together for a common cause.
The only job The Knox Co Board can do right is keep keep students that don't think SSI is a career choice from leaving leaving thier failed school system.

Oh wait...Huette said they will be the top of the state in 5 years.

Oh wait...Huette said that 6 years ago.
Parent

Barbourville, KY

#51 Nov 19, 2012
Barbourville school is not closing.What would be the reason for it to close?The county kids are not keeping it open anyway.They are also still accepting new students my daughter goes there and said they have gotten two new students last week.Its not in any danger of closing.
Intheknow

Sheridan, AR

#52 Nov 19, 2012
BHS is safe and sound. It is a small school with a great deal of pride. My kids have been friends with their classmates for twenty plus years. If you want to point fingers, point the finger in your direction. How many of these posts are from parents who sit down every night and go over homework. If parents are not involved then your kids are not involved. Test scores are down across the state--do your homework. Study test results. What did your kid score; I bet you don't know. If you want to keep your kids clean and sober then I think you need to set an example. Help them set goals and know what they are interested in. You might be surprised.
DaughterWon

Mount Sterling, KY

#53 Nov 19, 2012
barbourville parent 2 wrote:
<quoted text>I'm pretty sure the winner is decided by who collected the most money!! Sadly enough it's decided by money but its not the teachers who decide the king & queen. Plus students are the ones who nominate & decide which kids run for king & queen in each class.
I HATE TO SAY YOUR WRONG BUT YOU ARE! MY DAUGHTER WON A FEW YEARS BACK AND WE DIDN'T PUT NOT ONE DIME ON IT. THE KIDS ARE THE ONE'S THAT VOTE ON WHO THEY WANT TO WIN!!
The Truth

London, KY

#54 Nov 19, 2012
I am a graduate of KCHS and I am also a college graduate with a great career. High School is all what you make it. If you have good parents that support you in what you do there is no worries. The problem with today is that a lot of parents of school aged children are on drugs, they lay around on the draw and teach their children its ok. If you raise a child to be ambitious and to work hard it doesn't matter where they go to school they WILL succeed, point blank period.
bebop

London, KY

#55 Nov 19, 2012
LOLZ wrote:
<quoted text>
We need better teachers and board members. Teachers need better excuses.
how does this crook mr hulett keep getting hired back thats what is wrong with our school system.we had the best principal that had ever been to knox central besides frosty hammons.and hullett got rid of him.his name was allen storie
Dumbasses

London, KY

#56 Nov 19, 2012
bebop wrote:
<quoted text>how does this crook mr hulett keep getting hired back thats what is wrong with our school system.we had the best principal that had ever been to knox central besides frosty hammons.and hullett got rid of him.his name was allen storie
Knox Central has not got over Allen yet. He just about destoyed that school and may have destroyed it.
city slicker

Barbourville, KY

#57 Nov 19, 2012
B'ville city is as safe as the dbf. Not gonna close it. Get over it already.
County Parent

Barbourville, KY

#58 Nov 20, 2012
My daughter went to GR Hampton and was getting treated horribly, I moved her to Barbourville City and her grades are great and doesn't get picked on either because of be from the county. I think some people may be jealous because their children can not go to the city school. Also, I do not need test scores to tell me how my daughter is doing, we can see that everyday with her grades. If any school needs shut down its the county schools.
Wrong

Williamsburg, KY

#59 Nov 20, 2012
Parent wrote:
Barbourville school is not closing.What would be the reason for it to close?The county kids are not keeping it open anyway.They are also still accepting new students my daughter goes there and said they have gotten two new students last week.Its not in any danger of closing.
The city school receives finding for the county kids that attend school there our if district, so yes they are benefitting from those students. I don't know the numbers but I would bet that a great majority if the city school students are in fact from the county. If the county decides to not re-sign the reciprocal agreement with the city school, it will definitely impact the city school tremendously because they will loose funds that those students bring in. The only way they could survive if this situation were to occur would be to charge tuition for out if city district students. People aren't going to be able to afford to do that. The only way the city school could do aside from charging tuition is to only except only kids that resude on the city limits and downsize majorly. That process would include teacher, administrative, and staff layoffs, etc. among other things. There is a great possibility of the Knox school board not re-signing the reciprocal agreement, like they didnt with Corbin. From what I have been told the Knox school board was reluctant to sign it the last time it was up for renewal. The city school and those who attend there should be prepared to face this very real possibility.
Dreamer

Williamsburg, KY

#60 Nov 20, 2012
Dumbasses wrote:
<quoted text>
There is no best of at either place LOOK AT TEST SCORES. They need to replace all involved at booth places.
I will give you one thing your username fits you well. Do look at the test scores because the city school test scores are among the lowest of the schools in the area.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Keep our town DRY 15 min OMG 13
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 25 min HistoricallySpeaking 133,373
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 1 hr Princess Hey 3,661
in the corbin times barbourville Wet vote! 1 hr Keep our tax money 3
dinky phipps 1 hr Tired of jealous ... 30
Romeo's Italian Resturant 2 hr Soccer mom 2
Bills mom (dead beat granny) 2 hr Baker 1
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Thu marsh 55
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 8:54 am PST

NBC Sports 8:54AM
Andy Dalton replaces Aaron Rodgers on Pro Bowl roster
Yahoo! Sports 9:39 AM
Dalton to replace Rodgers for Pro Bowl
NFL10:12 AM
Andy Dalton added to Pro Bowl roster
NBC Sports12:57 PM
Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton headed to his 2nd Pro Bowl
NBC Sports 3:15 AM
Marvin Lewis on Andy Dalton: We don't have time to waste on QB competition