Roads in Whitesburg Hollow involving ...

Roads in Whitesburg Hollow involving Three Oaks

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Since: Jun 14

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Jun 5, 2014
Thursday, July 10th @ 6:00 p.m. there will be a Barbourville City Council meeting to discuss the roads in Whitesburg Hollow in Three Oaks. We seem to have a person who thinks he owns the roads in this area. Thus, are roads are not being maintained and ruining our vehicles. Who is going to pay for our vehicle repairs? As residents in this area, WE PAY BOTH city and county taxes. Yet we are being advised by the City and County they cannot do anything to this area because this area has never been turned over to either of them. Where is our money being spent? Some of us, DID NOT purchase our land nor our home from Mr. Carnell Sprinkles. Furthermore, who gave Mr. Sprinkles the permission to take over our roads? How come this property has NEVER been signed over to the City nor the County? Some of the homeowners in our area, have deeds that specifically say there is to be city street lights and city side walks. Yet each month, we are paying for the city street lights to Barbourville Water and Electric. We have also heard that our roads are being used as collateral for Mr. Sprinkles to build more homes in our area. If this be true, who gave this permission? And, why is it that the person or persons NOT enforcing these regulations?

Not to mention the fact that some of the neighbors DO NOT have garbage pick up at their house. They have to take their garbage twice a week to the neighbors house due to the fact that Mills Garbage will not come on private property to pick up their garbage in White Oaks.

We the people of Three Oaks deserve to have answers to these very important questions!
And, we request that our road be made a City or County road if we are going to pay these kind of taxes, so we can get the benefit like other subdivisions of our tax dollars.
aaa

Keavy, KY

#2 Jun 6, 2014
Roads are terrible up there. I'm just glad I don't live up there and have to drive on them every day. I have no clue on who is at fault in the situation, so I am going to hold judgement on that part of it. I knie that i would hate to pay the added city taxes and have to drive on roads in that condition. Those have to be the worst paved roads in Knox County.
I know

Keavy, KY

#3 Jun 6, 2014
City Councilman Williams told me at his store one morning that they bought that from that man and it was not the city's problem and the city or county did not make them buy from him so it was their problem so they needed to leave the city out of it .
Well

Keavy, KY

#4 Jun 6, 2014
one council member said those people were going to go to the council meeting last night and complain but west had told them they better not so they didn't go to the meeting but they should have not been laughed at by the city

Fort Myers, FL

#5 Jun 6, 2014
Who is WEST? I DO NOT KNOW WEST and NO, he/she did not tell us not to come to a meeting! And, no WE ARE DEFINITELY not afraid. We pay both CITY and COUNTY taxes, so if they CITY nor the COUNTY say they are responsible - they need to quite collecting our taxes! We are holding up our end of the deal by paying the taxes. In return, our vehicles are being ruined by our roads not being maintained.

As I mentioned previously, NOT EVERYONE bought from Mr. Sprinkles. My home wasn't purchased from this guy. Some of the other neighbors DID NOT purchase from this man.

You say Mr. Williams said it's not the City's problem. Why is the CITY collecting our taxes then? Why the COUNTY is collecting taxes?
Who's pocket is our tax dollars going in?

Who gave Mr. Sprinkles permission to own something that belonged to someone else to begin with? We only want answers to our questions.
Furthermore, what roads we have are being ruined by his huge trucks hauling concrete and other supplies over them. There are huge "pot holds" in our roads. Mr. Sprinkles is not fixing what he is tearing up.

Someone must be held accountable for our roads and our tax dollars!

If not, Three Oaks Subdivision should seek legal council from an attorney out of the State of Kentucky, who has a KY license to practice and sue the city, county and Mr. Sprinkles. In the suit, request that the damages to our vehicles be repaid back to us and they pay ALL our legal council fees. This is not a joke - we all have beautiful homes in this area and we expect our tax dollars to be spent on our roads like other subdivisions in and around the City of Barbourville and Knox County.

WE WILL DEFINITELY BE AT THE COUNCIL MEETING THURSDAY, JULY 10TH @ 6:00 P.M. DEMANDING ANSWERS!

maybe

Keavy, KY

#6 Jun 6, 2014
Form a home owners association, collect annual dues and use the money as seen fit by members of the associaion, whether it be repairs to common grounds or attorney fees. It would seem that if the property were annexed into the city and being taxed as such the roads would be the responsibility of the city. Also get up with Bill Oxendine concernng your property values being affected by deterioating roads. The city apparently doesnt care what cost you money, but they may not like it if it cost them money in tax revenue. Organize and present your case over and over again, persistence will get attention and start looking for a contact in Frankfurt that you can call with you concerns on a "regular" basis. The city is under a little more scrutiny from Frankfurt than they are comfortable with right now ... JMHO
Wasting time

Keavy, KY

#7 Jun 6, 2014
You must not have seen or heard about all the stupid things the city council have done in the past few months to the people you will be laughed at and made fun of by the council just like the other post said .
JMitchell01 wrote:
Who is WEST? I DO NOT KNOW WEST and NO, he/she did not tell us not to come to a meeting! And, no WE ARE DEFINITELY not afraid. We pay both CITY and COUNTY taxes, so if they CITY nor the COUNTY say they are responsible - they need to quite collecting our taxes! We are holding up our end of the deal by paying the taxes. In return, our vehicles are being ruined by our roads not being maintained.
As I mentioned previously, NOT EVERYONE bought from Mr. Sprinkles. My home wasn't purchased from this guy. Some of the other neighbors DID NOT purchase from this man.
You say Mr. Williams said it's not the City's problem. Why is the CITY collecting our taxes then? Why the COUNTY is collecting taxes?
Who's pocket is our tax dollars going in?Just wait and see you must not have seen all the stupid things that the city council has done to the people in the last few months you will be made a fool of and laughed at just like other person told you
Who gave Mr. Sprinkles permission to own something that belonged to someone else to begin with? We only want answers to our questions.
Furthermore, what roads we have are being ruined by his huge trucks hauling concrete and other supplies over them. There are huge "pot holds" in our roads. Mr. Sprinkles is not fixing what he is tearing up.
Someone must be held accountable for our roads and our tax dollars!
If not, Three Oaks Subdivision should seek legal council from an attorney out of the State of Kentucky, who has a KY license to practice and sue the city, county and Mr. Sprinkles. In the suit, request that the damages to our vehicles be repaid back to us and they pay ALL our legal council fees. This is not a joke - we all have beautiful homes in this area and we expect our tax dollars to be spent on our roads like other subdivisions in and around the City of Barbourville and Knox County.
WE WILL DEFINITELY BE AT THE COUNCIL MEETING THURSDAY, JULY 10TH @ 6:00 P.M. DEMANDING ANSWERS!
Wasting time

Keavy, KY

#8 Jun 6, 2014
maybe wrote:
Form a home owners association, collect annual dues and use the money as seen fit by members of the associaion, whether it be repairs to common grounds or attorney fees. It would seem that if the property were annexed into the city and being taxed as such the roads would be the responsibility of the city. Also get up with Bill Oxendine concernng your property values being affected by deterioating roads. The city apparently doesnt care what cost you money, but they may not like it if it cost them money in tax revenue. Organize and present your case over and over again, persistence will get attention and start looking for a contact in Frankfurt that you can call with you concerns on a "regular" basis. The city is under a little more scrutiny from Frankfurt than they are comfortable with right now ... JMHO
you all must not talk to anybody the council have done many stupid things in the past few months they will laugh and make fun of you just go and see how it works out then don't say you weren't warned when you leave mad watch what happens with Williams and Moore they know it all you will be leaving mad with excuses and no answers .
Voter

Keavy, KY

#9 Jun 6, 2014
It's kinda funny that this person thinks that this new mayor and the council will do this for her but I also feel she has picked a lost cause to go to them with .
gator

Indianapolis, IN

#10 Jun 6, 2014
I am going to ponder on this issue whilst I perform the task of making a truck payment.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#11 Jun 6, 2014
Be very careful asking any city or local government to get involved in your life... Because you may get something in the end you really don't want...And telling someone to form a home owners association..That's a JOKE..I was a member of a home owners association in Cincinnati Ohio for several years and the fact that there is someone to tell you you can't do anything to your personal property that you have bought and paid for...Something as simple as planting flowers,Painting your door,Displaying an American flag, any change to your property you have to get it approved..Then there's the association Dues$$&&Mine started out at 150.00$ per month..I lived there 3 years and when I sold the property the dues were 425.00$ PER MONTH...SO I SAY BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR OR HOPE SOMEONE ELSE CREATES!
Mee too

Keavy, KY

#12 Jun 6, 2014
Big rig 71 wrote:
Be very careful asking any city or local government to get involved in your life... Because you may get something in the end you really don't want...And telling someone to form a home owners association..That's a JOKE..I was a member of a home owners association in Cincinnati Ohio for several years and the fact that there is someone to tell you you can't do anything to your personal property that you have bought and paid for...Something as simple as planting flowers,Painting your door,Displaying an American flag, any change to your property you have to get it approved..Then there's the association Dues$$&&Mine started out at 150.00$ per month..I lived there 3 years and when I sold the property the dues were 425.00$ PER MONTH...SO I SAY BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU ASK FOR OR HOPE SOMEONE ELSE CREATES!
Yes I really doubt anyone wants the barbourville city council members telling them anything about how to keep up their property and what they can and can't do on property they pay for themselves .
maybe

Keavy, KY

#13 Jun 6, 2014
some people are content to hide behind their screen and talk stupid crap about the new mayor and council, while others choose to fight for the causes that they feel are important to them, if its your choice to cower down and accept your fate ..then you deserve what you get or dont get. HMA's can be good or bad , if you read and sign anyway, whose fault is it? You can reach any office in the country with just your fingertips. I had a problem with one of the most recognizable names in the county, after finding the right person in Frankfurt and a few weeks of proving that I will not go away, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a check and an apology.
whats with that

London, KY

#14 Jun 6, 2014
maybe wrote:
some people are content to hide behind their screen and talk stupid crap about the new mayor and council, while others choose to fight for the causes that they feel are important to them, if its your choice to cower down and accept your fate ..then you deserve what you get or dont get. HMA's can be good or bad , if you read and sign anyway, whose fault is it? You can reach any office in the country with just your fingertips. I had a problem with one of the most recognizable names in the county, after finding the right person in Frankfurt and a few weeks of proving that I will not go away, I was pleasantly surprised to receive a check and an apology.
Frankfurt is in Germany.Frankfort is in Kentucky,
Marie

Keavy, KY

#15 Jun 6, 2014
Going to that council meeting would be a waste of your time go out and eat or go shopping .
Just a fact

Keavy, KY

#16 Jun 7, 2014
These people should be took out of the city if they are not going to get help up there they need to start a petition

London, KY

#17 Jun 7, 2014
Just a fact wrote:
These people should be took out of the city if they are not going to get help up there they need to start a petition

We have a SIGNED petition. We are not requesting any home owner association. Simply our roads to be maintained as most of the other roads around our area in the City Limits.
Resident

Keavy, KY

#18 Jun 7, 2014
JMitchell01 wrote:
<quoted text>
We have a SIGNED petition. We are not requesting any home owner association. Simply our roads to be maintained as most of the other roads around our area in the City Limits.
Good luck Moore and Williams will make short work of you and you will be going back home mad but I do agree with you and I am sure many more people would to .
Kool j

Keavy, KY

#19 Jun 8, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text> Good luck Moore and Williams will make short work of you and you will be going back home mad but I do agree with you and I am sure many more people would to .
Ms jmitchell I can't wait to see the results of your quest .

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#20 Jun 8, 2014
Is this a private housing community??If so tax dollars can't be legally to fix your street..just curious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What has the east Barbourville pastor done ? 15 min I know 8
Jo Ore 28 min observing from a ... 5
Three liquor stores in bville 3 hr well 9
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 3 hr Bek-Bek333 66
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 hr ChromiuMan 148,957
JR SMITH snitch 4 hr Knows 14
green beans 4 hr Lottie 2
KCHS principal 5 hr Explain 26
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages