First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Pissed

London, KY

#1 Dec 31, 2013
Could anybody explain what the fuel adjustment is that's on the electric bill. These utilities are outrageous!
Did anybody else have a huge jump?
my 3 cents

Barbourville, KY

#2 Dec 31, 2013
my jumped almost 30.00 and then also the cable has went sky high. Called direct yesterday, I am canceling my B'ville cable. It's a rip off.
higher

Barbourville, KY

#3 Dec 31, 2013
Mine went from $270 to $391.
This happened last year and you should expect it to rise again for the month of January if it follows the pattern that it did last year. Mine was $565 for January 2013. I am really dreading the next bill. I think they raise them during the winter months as they wish. I do not think it's been cold enough to go up that much due to using more heat. I've lowered my thermostat but that didn't seem to have helped.
my 3 cents

Barbourville, KY

#4 Dec 31, 2013
I have gas heat and it still went up.
Wow

Barbourville, KY

#5 Dec 31, 2013
It is so they can sit at the shell station from 2-4 and get paid why they don't do nothing but flirt with women . That they gas we pay for
Not true

London, KY

#6 Jan 1, 2014
Wow wrote:
It is so they can sit at the shell station from 2-4 and get paid why they don't do nothing but flirt with women . That they gas we pay for
The hourly workers are not benefitting from this rate hike.
stupid

Barbourville, KY

#7 Jan 1, 2014
Gotta make up the cost of losing that ol tru seal electric bill somehow.
Haha

London, KY

#8 Jan 1, 2014
Paying for. Kceoc heat bills thay sure don't help me any
shedevil

London, KY

#9 Jan 1, 2014
Pissed wrote:
Could anybody explain what the fuel adjustment is that's on the electric bill. These utilities are outrageous!
Did anybody else have a huge jump?
yes mine was outrageous.I can tell you its to pay for all their workers cable bill .All their employees get their cable free of charge.
not a dumb person

Barbourville, KY

#10 Jan 1, 2014
shedevil wrote:
<quoted text>yes mine was outrageous.I can tell you its to pay for all their workers cable bill .All their employees get their cable free of charge.
Before you get on here bashing the employees who pay high electric bills too, go to the boss at utility office and ask if employees get free cable and see what answer is....NO. They pay for cable just like everyone else. Do you not know that working people get nothing "free"! Even if they did what does that have to do with electric rates? You must not be on city sewage or you would be gripping about that! I pay electric with a usage charge, water and double that for sewer...wow it is expensive to crap? I guess the old out houses will be coming back. Lanterns might be in demand too!
Rainbow

Barbourville, KY

#11 Jan 2, 2014
Mine is usually $250.00 and it is $400 this month... We didn't put up Christmas lights and plugged the Christmas tree up 6 times max for only a couple hours and my thermostat has been set on 60... This is crazy!!!!
Rainbow

Barbourville, KY

#12 Jan 2, 2014
Oh and another thing they charged me $53 to read my meter and I live 5 mins away from BUC... WTF?
Rainbow

United States

#13 Jan 2, 2014
Back in the day I use to give the meter reader a BJ and he would be on his way and i wouldn't get a bill for that month.
wonders

Barbourville, KY

#14 Jan 2, 2014
can someone please explain to me what the power adjustment is? I have called andsked several times its always a different story...my adjustment was 59.00 not counting electric went up and the cable...wonder whos driving a new car and taking vacations on our money we pay extra...I know one person adjustments cant be this high...They know we either pay or do without....Who do we call besides BUC to find out about this jump,and complain about workers at shell everyday for hours.
wow

Barbourville, KY

#15 Jan 2, 2014
Yes city employees do get free cable an internet unless they have changed it in the last couple years and I am pretty sure they have not so....
explain

Manchester, KY

#16 Jan 2, 2014
my 3 cents wrote:
I have gas heat and it still went up.
Mine too and I also heat with gas. They are ridiculous and should be investigated
Ummm

Winchester, KY

#17 Jan 3, 2014
Rainbow wrote:
Back in the day I use to give the meter reader a BJ and he would be on his way and i wouldn't get a bill for that month.
Dude, you're not right in the head. How in the world can a man do that to another man?
sue

Barbourville, KY

#18 Jan 3, 2014
power adjustment on the electric bill is paying for ku electric that is what I was told when,I asked about it so really we are paying 2 electric companies
Hey now

Barbourville, KY

#19 Jan 3, 2014
I agree with all they are the biggest rip offs that is true they raise em in the winter months as they please and there workers ain't shit
confused

Barbourville, KY

#20 Jan 3, 2014
sue wrote:
power adjustment on the electric bill is paying for ku electric that is what I was told when,I asked about it so really we are paying 2 electric companies
Could someone elaborate on this? Are we seriously paying KU as well as Barbourville Utilities? And if so, why?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jenny Mills 26 min Earl 6
Cleve Darrell Smith (Nov '10) 31 min Kari 4
Barbourville High School 2 hr billybob 3
Is Paul Baker a good Disability Lawyer? (Dec '12) 3 hr Arnsbaby 72
larry 3 hr in the know 1
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 hr ChromiuMan 131,542
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 4 hr beeraholic 49
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 6:38 pm PST

NFL 6:38PM
Texans' Ryan Mallett might have torn right pectoral
ESPN 7:14 PM
Source: Texans' Mallet played with pec injury
NFL10:12 AM
Ryan Mallett (torn pectoral muscle) out for season
Bleacher Report10:51 AM
Andre Johnson, DeAndre Hopkins Updated Fantasy Outlook After Ryan Mallett Injury
NBC Sports11:46 AM
Bengals' Dalton and Green finally get it going - NBC Sports