First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hey

Paris, KY

#21 Jun 3, 2009
Unique tactics? Most people wait for others to catch fish, then run to their spot and cast about 3 inches from their floater. Paylakes are a pain in the ass. You either don't catch anything, or you do catch somthing and some dick or tom comes over and fishes your spot. It's the reason why I havn't fished them in so long.
wondering

Bowling Green, KY

#22 Jun 3, 2009
Att.hey: Unfortunately you are correct about people fighting for the good spots. However, like it or not this is a productive tactic for paylakes simply because fish tend to stay in schools at these lakes. It is a situation where you must aquire a good spot with fish in it then defend it from the ones trying to root you out. For some people this is just simply not worth the effort and believe me I do sympathize. It is frustrating. Maybe to avoid this situation you could go during a slow time of the week when the problem wont exist. BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!

Since: Sep 08

Location hidden

#23 Jun 3, 2009
what gets me is the guys that throw there line all the way across the pond and then real it back to 20 feet in front of them or the ones the sit on the other side of the pond and throw over to where your fishing there is some real aSS holes at pay lakes thats why i stoped going to them
wondering

Bowling Green, KY

#24 Jun 3, 2009
That is just people not being very respectful or overly proud of there casting abilities. The only plausible reason for over-casting is if you know where a school of fish are and you dont want to land on top of them and spook them. One option is to throw out barrier lines on each side of your actual spot so they cant come in on you,however this does eliminate one or two of your poles from being very productive. Give it a try. GOOD LUCK!
I KNOW

Barbourville, KY

#25 Jun 4, 2009
They need to put that rope
back down the middle of the lake
and stop that sh*t.
Suxz Azz

Garrettsville, OH

#26 Jun 7, 2009
I just left Running bear,been there since 7:30pm Saturday,got 3 small bites,no fish,2 guys caught 2 good sized fish,one was 33lbs (blue) other 22lb (blue),ive said this a million and one times, but this is my last,i like the lake and the people that run it but no more will running bear get my money,I went to Tims awhile back,fished all day but left the lake with 167lbs of fish.And im like the other guy,people will be on one side fishing and cast not 10 foot from the other side of the bank,where u are,why the hell cast to the bank on the other side,if u wanna fish off the bank jus drop a line in front of you.Anywayss,its a pretty good place if the fish bite but like i said i was there for 6 and a half hours and the 3 bites i got was blue gill.Good Luck to all whom fish at the lake,but after tonight they lost a customer.
Suxz Azz

Garrettsville, OH

#27 Jun 7, 2009
oh no wrote:
<quoted text>YOUR CRAZY AS HELL THERE ARE NO ROACHES THERE mabey some dirt but you sweep after 150 people tracking back and forth all night and day always something they have a chart with the peoples name on it and what day they won it and if there was roaches you had them in your clothes and brung them in but was there today and nothing was seen call the health department if you like they have been there
U must work there,lmao..
i seen roaches there tonight,we were hungry so we ordered pizza and had it brought to us,everytime we go there it cost a fortune,cant catch our dinner so we have to buy it,i would die and go to hell before i ate food outta that kitchen,you can go in there at 4am and they dont even have a light bright enough to see what the hell there doin,wonder why there isnt any lights?Tell me that,is it so customers wont see the roaches crawling on there food before they eat it?or so they wont see all the dog food,if i was the guy that lived there id buy a rifle and shoot ere one them loud mouth friggin dogs,u cant go take a piss unless there barking.If you work there,tell Ken that HE LOST MY 7 DOLLARS AND HES GONNA LOSE MORE BCUZ I HAVE ALOT OF FRIENDS THAT GO THERE,AFTER TONIGHT I DONT THINK THEYLL BE BACK EITHER!!!!Now,your crazy az hell lmao @ u
1stunna

London, KY

#28 Jun 9, 2009
kenny ray is the man!!!!
big daddy in middlesboro

Middlesboro, KY

#29 Jun 12, 2009
hell this is the best paylake around i always tag out he dont feed the fish and he honest ive never seen dog food floating around it a clean lake wouldnt go nowhere ealse.
who cares

AOL

#30 Jun 17, 2009
if you dont like it. will dont go back down there and fish stay the hell away and then you wont have to bitch about it any more will you .
happy

Madisonville, KY

#31 Jun 17, 2009
were is this at 25e or 229 please let me know
wondering

Bowling Green, KY

#32 Jun 18, 2009
running bear is on 25e behind RECC electric company.Big bear is about 5-miles up 229 just past the 830 junction. These are 2 seperate lakes, I know each lake very well. If your wanting a chance at a BIG fish (20 pounds or better) running bear on 25e is your best bet. You see, Homer Rice was the original owner of running bear on 25e, then sold it to Ken Frost who ownes it now. Ken just kept the name running bear and Homer simply named his new lake Big bear. My advice is to try running bear on 25e. Good chance at landing a BIG fish! GOOD LUCK!
wondering

Bowling Green, KY

#33 Jun 18, 2009
I have fished both these lakes every since they both opened. If you have anymore questions on either of them, please feel free to ask. I'll help you anyway I can.
happy

Madisonville, KY

#34 Jun 18, 2009
thanks i normly fish at pardise i always catch my 5 or 10 then come on home. would like to try some were eles may see you there
tell it all

East Bernstadt, KY

#36 Jul 12, 2009
donna&jan need not say nothing they leave the hospital all the time without clocking out.they set in x-ray doing nothing but talking about people we do not need a sectarey at all in there. the techs could take care of the office between them and save a lot of money.
Jaron gray

Barbourville, KY

#37 Jul 11, 2014
Running bear is a great place to fish and have fun with your family. People on here are saying that they feed fish dog food and they are roaches. If you would notice that as soon as you pull in the are kennels with about 10 dogs. That's why all the dog food is in the back.. And there are no roaches there. Who would even come up with that? Just because you lost in the tournament doesn't mean that you have to start rumors and crap so people won't come back in fish. The hours are Tuesday through Thursday 8am-11pm. Friday-Saturday open all night. There are a big fish tournament on Friday and buddy on Saturday. Then close at 11pm on Sunday. Closed Monday to clean and pick up and get ready for the other days.
Jaron gray by god

Barbourville, KY

#38 Jul 11, 2014
Caught a 30lb flat head

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Linda Darlene Doolin (Jan '09) 10 min barberette5657 3
teena Marie mills 29 min infoman 7
Mike Smith For Sheriff (Feb '14) 1 hr Darren 226
food stamp office 1 hr Darren 16
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr stray-cat 132,163
Mayor west gives city councilmans son raise 2 hr Just a fact 22
jason hughes 4 hr sky 10
praying it's all a lie 22 hr Just the truth 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Wed dad 52
Barbourville Dating