Fisherman

Anderson, SC

#1 May 30, 2009
What do you think?
Good Place to Fish Or Isnt It?
Wolf lady

Hodgenville, KY

#2 May 31, 2009
It would be good if the fish would bite more. and they would clean it out so you wouldn't get snagged on a tree or something.
i know

United States

#3 May 31, 2009
thats the best place i know around here .they sure are some big fish in the pond i fish there every year wouldnt go no where else
Fisherman

Anderson, SC

#4 May 31, 2009
I agree 100%
My wife and I was there last night from 7:30 till 11:30 before we even got a bite,first fish was a 3lb blue cat and the second was a 16lb flathead and the 3rd was a 11lb flathead and just before we had left my wife hooked another flathead so we left.Idk why they put so many flatheads in there if their not gonna let you keep em.The guy sitting next to us caught a 11 1/2lb flat head not 5 minutes after i caught mine.

Also if you will notice,they come out and call for the tournament on saturday evenings at 6:30 which starts at 7pm,if you will notice before they call it you will see the owner dump 5 5gal buckets of stuff in the water,which i think is dog food to feed the fish so they can rack up on the 10.00 a person they charge to and keep their fish too.

I like Running bear,it needs to be cleaned up and so does the office and the restrooms,my wife sit there for 5 hours needing to go and wouldnt because they stunk so bad..
info

Eubank, KY

#5 May 31, 2009
they do not feed their fish dog food, and they do not dump stuff in the water, also they try their best to keep it clean but its hard for one person to do it all by their self. and they can not help what kind of fish the truck brings and puts in the lake. but it is a good place to fish.
wondering

Louisville, KY

#6 May 31, 2009
I always loved this lake. The last time I fished there was in 2006 and I caught plenty of fish.Of the ones I caught, at least 20-25 of them ranged from 20-54 POUNDS! Great place for big fish.
crybaby

Somerset, KY

#7 May 31, 2009
I live in Manchester and we can over there a lot and fished it was a nice place I have not been over there this year are they already open what time and days are they open I would love to bring my grandson
info

Eubank, KY

#8 May 31, 2009
they open @ 8am-11pm m-f open all night f-sat. open 8am-11pm sun
lol

London, KY

#9 May 31, 2009
They feed the fish after they
close at 11:00 pm M-T its hard
to catch fish there like you used
to he has alot of dog food in the
back room and he says thats for his
dogs that a bunch of BS if you ask me
how come the fish dont bite like they use
to i can go to the River and catch more
fish in 2 hrs then you can at any pay lake
these days and they taste better then the farm raised fish do by far.
wow

United States

#10 Jun 1, 2009
do they really charge 10 dollars a person to fish? i can remember it was 6 dollars. are you talking about the one on 229 that homer runs?
fisherman

Anderson, SC

#11 Jun 1, 2009
info wrote:
they do not feed their fish dog food, and they do not dump stuff in the water, also they try their best to keep it clean but its hard for one person to do it all by their self. and they can not help what kind of fish the truck brings and puts in the lake. but it is a good place to fish.
Uh yes they can help what kinda fish the truck puts in the lake,its what they call a *ORDER FORM* chk or call in what kind and how many and thats what they bring, and if they dont feed them why the hell is dog food floating around the lake like shit? and yes in the office there is dog food piled mile high,them loud mouth begals dont eat all that food if they did they wouldnt be any good to hunt unless he feeds the hell outta them to then rips pple off on em when he sells em.Homer use to own running bear and nvr caught any fish then either althought i like homer he now runs BIG BEAR out on 229
fisherman

Anderson, SC

#12 Jun 1, 2009
wow wrote:
do they really charge 10 dollars a person to fish? i can remember it was 6 dollars. are you talking about the one on 229 that homer runs?
They charge 7 for 5 fish and 10 for the tournament which noone ever wins because they feed em just before they call it I KNOW I WAS THERE SATURDAY NIGHT but ill be damned they nvr got my 10 dollars and if my mind dont change they will nvr get another 7 either and if they dont clean it up like the bathrooms and the office where they fix burgers and stuff with the roaches crawling around someones gonna report them to the Health Dept and then they wont be gettin that fake tournament money anymore...HaHA!!!
oh no

London, KY

#13 Jun 1, 2009
wow wrote:
its 7.00 to fish there and they do not feed the fish. if you will hang out there till they close you would see. so till you know facts dont run your mouth and if you think its so bad why go there. lots of other places to go . ken has 10 dogs and the dog food is for them so if your feeding the fish you need to stop dumping you trash there and blaming it on ken he will be pissed
oh no

London, KY

#14 Jun 1, 2009
fisherman wrote:
<quoted text>
They charge 7 for 5 fish and 10 for the tournament which noone ever wins because they feed em just before they call it I KNOW I WAS THERE SATURDAY NIGHT but ill be damned they nvr got my 10 dollars and if my mind dont change they will nvr get another 7 either and if they dont clean it up like the bathrooms and the office where they fix burgers and stuff with the roaches crawling around someones gonna report them to the Health Dept and then they wont be gettin that fake tournament money anymore...HaHA!!!
YOUR CRAZY AS HELL THERE ARE NO ROACHES THERE mabey some dirt but you sweep after 150 people tracking back and forth all night and day always something they have a chart with the peoples name on it and what day they won it and if there was roaches you had them in your clothes and brung them in but was there today and nothing was seen call the health department if you like they have been there
big fish

United States

#15 Jun 1, 2009
i have been doing good at jr paylake in woodbine
twiggy

Somerset, KY

#16 Jun 1, 2009
Been there many times, have yet to catch my first fish. I believe they feed the fish there.
i know

United States

#17 Jun 2, 2009
lol wrote:
They feed the fish after they
close at 11:00 pm M-T its hard
to catch fish there like you used
to he has alot of dog food in the
back room and he says thats for his
dogs that a bunch of BS if you ask me
how come the fish dont bite like they use
to i can go to the River and catch more
fish in 2 hrs then you can at any pay lake
these days and they taste better then the farm oraised fish do by far.
o no he dont feed the fish i no him good that dog food is 4 the dogs
who cares

AOL

#18 Jun 2, 2009
if you dont like to fish there stay the hell home thats all i can say .
know them

Somerset, KY

#19 Jun 2, 2009
There used to me a pay lake in Manchester that was on Ham Hollow it was $ 5.00 dollards no limited and the people that runned it was very nice people but when they gave it up it when to the dogs it was a wonderful place to go and it was runned right I beleive that they where cotongim or something like that very nice people
wondering

Bowling Green, KY

#20 Jun 2, 2009
Fact is: If you really know how to fish pay lakes, you will catch fish at any of them. Fishing these lakes requires unique tactics at each lake depending on different variables. Need some advice on a particular lake? Please ask and I will try to help.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Board of Education 2 min Coming soon 2
Since beer is made with barley or other starche... 22 min Jus being funny 4
Jenny Buchanan 31 min Wondering class mate 4
Should a city school board member sell alcohol ? 1 hr Why 17
Silver Pontiac G-6 1 hr Tim lawson 1
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr another viewer 148,147
Bonita Williams BHS board member should RESIGN !!! 1 hr Why 12
Board Meeting 2 hr Family 59
stabbing 11 hr rey 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages