knox county hospital
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
hello

United States

#1 Nov 8, 2011
last night someone came in to see their wife and without even checking the lady told him that his wife left and he asked about how long ago and the lady said she couldn't tell him. he went outside and called her cell and she never left when he went back in he didn't go off or anything he was obviously not happy about that tho and a different person came to the window and he asked again to see his wife and the lady told him in a threatening tone to not talk to her like that. is it even legal for them to lie like that?

Since: Sep 11

Location hidden

#2 Nov 8, 2011
maybe that was his wifes way of getting away from him, she told the nurses to tell him shes not there, she might have been there for abuse in the first place, stranger things have happened
hello

United States

#3 Nov 8, 2011
ICU_2 wrote:
maybe that was his wifes way of getting away from him, she told the nurses to tell him shes not there, she might have been there for abuse in the first place, stranger things have happened
if that was her way of getting away from him i don't think they would be married or that he would know she was there or that the second lady would of let him see her or that she would of even answered her phone... think before you speak....

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#4 Nov 8, 2011
ICU_2 wrote:
maybe that was his wifes way of getting away from him, she told the nurses to tell him shes not there, she might have been there for abuse in the first place, stranger things have happened
and maybe the nurses were playing angry birds on their phones and didn't like being interrupted, "stranger things have happened".
hello

United States

#5 Nov 8, 2011
sorry if i offended you but the people at that hospital make me so mad and from what i know for facts about that hospital and the workers i would never recommend that somebody go there if you can go to a different hospital instead then do it.
geez

London, KY

#6 Nov 8, 2011
we took a family member a couple of weeks ago yhey kept them over night one of the nurses got plum rude because no one was gonna spend the night with this person is that not what the nurses get paid for too take care of patients its not our fault their short staffed i say close the nasty crummy place down get a new staff maybe there could be hope fore that place
medicalspecialis t

Dyer, TN

#7 Nov 9, 2011
KNOX CO. Hospital is a JOKE... look at their HOSPITAL COMPARE SCORES!!! This place needs shut down for good, it is such a joke... send CHF patients home from ICU with out even going to the floor... the doctors are pathetic... I have been in healthcare for years and the insurance ex MCA and KMA are cracking down and will not pay for this hospitals services look at other area hospitals if you want treatment. Scores are good at corbin and middlesboro arh. This is the same hospital that had a patient come in that had trouble with a catheter and tried to manipulate it and done trauma to him and put him back in the unit, MD to cover up for "his" hospital passed it off on an outside agency and people lost their job. Knox Central has some upcoming lawsuits as well... please take them to other places for treatment Pineville is like 10 min away... dont go to this "BAND AID STATION"

Since: Jun 11

Location hidden

#8 Nov 9, 2011
it is better than nothing...but barely
TOAST

London, KY

#9 Nov 9, 2011
here it is!
&NR =1 the future of Barbourville!!
ALL OVER

Harrison, AR

#10 Nov 9, 2011
How many people, groups, organizations have owned and failed with this hospital.
Just like the schools.
Just like the jail.
just like the judge-exe office.
I could go on and on. How does London and Corbin have good hospitals, jails, school system.
I bet they Knox Counties System, will lay it on all the drugs, thiefs and meth heads the ones they keep letting go home to sober up before the next arrest and the thiefs to make them some more money for the next arrest. They are keeping the courts pocket full.
Horray, lets keep the crazies happy we will get re-elected.
TOAST

London, KY

#11 Nov 9, 2011
ALL OVER wrote:
How many people, groups, organizations have owned and failed with this hospital.
Just like the schools.
Just like the jail.
just like the judge-exe office.
I could go on and on. How does London and Corbin have good hospitals, jails, school system.
I bet they Knox Counties System, will lay it on all the drugs, thiefs and meth heads the ones they keep letting go home to sober up before the next arrest and the thiefs to make them some more money for the next arrest. They are keeping the courts pocket full.
Horray, lets keep the crazies happy we will get re-elected.
We will always have a place to dip our sorrow in, The Olympic size pool!!!
People stop your Mumering

United States

#12 Nov 9, 2011
You ask God to Bless where you work & that you are THANKFUL FOR YOUR JOB... Are you truely Thankful!!!
This Hospital doesn't need to shut down. We need this Hospital Regardless of what anyone thinks.... I have family that works here & they need their Jobs. True seal sold out & there aren't many Jobs left in this town. Stop Complainning & start Praying!!!! Do you want unemployment for a few Months or do you want this Hospital to Prosper..... God is great & Mighty.... Either you trust in Him or you lean unto your understanding, living in Fear & Doubt.... I Don't know who is in charge, He will be held accountable for every move & decision & what he has done with this Hospitals Money. I Have Family that Depends on this Hospital... I am praying & you all need to stop you complainnning & Mummering & start PRAYING... Or you will be without a Job.... Wake uo to the Facts, God is the one you need to turn to !!!! Not anyone else. Working4jesus
Thanks Knox

Harrison, AR

#13 Nov 9, 2011
ALL OVER wrote:
How many people, groups, organizations have owned and failed with this hospital.
Just like the schools.
Just like the jail.
just like the judge-exe office.
I could go on and on. How does London and Corbin have good hospitals, jails, school system.
I bet they Knox Counties System, will lay it on all the drugs, thiefs and meth heads the ones they keep letting go home to sober up before the next arrest and the thiefs to make them some more money for the next arrest. They are keeping the courts pocket full.
Horray, lets keep the crazies happy we will get re-elected.
.It's the truth. Just like the school system, they have tried no child left behind,etc. NOTHING
Parents can't wait to sign their child up on a crazy check to get money.
The jail was a mess back way before the last 2 jailers, tear it down no let's see how much money we can get to repair it. Oh no, now it's not big enough.
Questionable dealings with the judge-exe. office since well as long as I can remember.
Every office blames the other. Their hands are tied. Seems like the County is tied as a whole.
Quite pointing fingers one at the other and get something done. You know I want to be proud to say I am from Knox County.

EVERYTHING SHOULD NOT BE BASED ON MONEY. THE ROOT TO ALL THIS EVIL!
Walgreens just as good

Harrison, AR

#14 Nov 9, 2011
People stop your Mumering wrote:
You ask God to Bless where you work & that you are THANKFUL FOR YOUR JOB... Are you truely Thankful!!!
This Hospital doesn't need to shut down. We need this Hospital Regardless of what anyone thinks.... I have family that works here & they need their Jobs. True seal sold out & there aren't many Jobs left in this town. Stop Complainning & start Praying!!!! Do you want unemployment for a few Months or do you want this Hospital to Prosper..... God is great & Mighty.... Either you trust in Him or you lean unto your understanding, living in Fear & Doubt.... I Don't know who is in charge, He will be held accountable for every move & decision & what he has done with this Hospitals Money. I Have Family that Depends on this Hospital... I am praying & you all need to stop you complainnning & Mummering & start PRAYING... Or you will be without a Job.... Wake uo to the Facts, God is the one you need to turn to !!!! Not anyone else. Working4jesus
This hospital is a joke. You couldn't get a decent Doctor to work at it either.
hey

United States

#15 Nov 9, 2011
Well, I dont know that point that I am making here, but just as a FYI, I applied for work at the school board and was sent to the Job Shop in London for my drug screening ( which consist of peeing in a cup..no blood taken, etc.) as Knox County Hospital wants to charge 60.00 for the service while The Job Shop in London charges 35.00
Now if this kind of rate is typical of other tests and treatments that are given at the Knox County Hospital I assume a lot of insurance companies are going to buck on a lot of required treatments and test for patients. Hence why many are being sent elsewhere or why proper treatment many times is not given because of insurance problems. This hospital can't "prosper" ( as someone mentioned above ) when they cannot even come close to matching ( almost doubling ) a simple employee drug pee test compared to a place like the Job Shop in London who even has to contract the tests out to a lab and yet still turn a profit in doing so.
Truth

Manchester, KY

#16 Nov 10, 2011
Before I got hired at St joes London I had to take a drug test and they sent me to the Job Shop too. They didn't even do it at their own facility. The Job Shop can charge less for their labs than hospitals can.

And I have worked at several local hospitals. Knox County Hospital is no worse than any of the other hospitals. They all have their problems. All you ever hear about is the bad. If someone dies people around here automatically want to blame the hospital, doctors or nurses. The worst hospital I have ever been to is UK. And that is where the really bad patients get sent to.
hey wrote:
Well, I dont know that point that I am making here, but just as a FYI, I applied for work at the school board and was sent to the Job Shop in London for my drug screening ( which consist of peeing in a cup..no blood taken, etc.) as Knox County Hospital wants to charge 60.00 for the service while The Job Shop in London charges 35.00
Now if this kind of rate is typical of other tests and treatments that are given at the Knox County Hospital I assume a lot of insurance companies are going to buck on a lot of required treatments and test for patients. Hence why many are being sent elsewhere or why proper treatment many times is not given because of insurance problems. This hospital can't "prosper" ( as someone mentioned above ) when they cannot even come close to matching ( almost doubling ) a simple employee drug pee test compared to a place like the Job Shop in London who even has to contract the tests out to a lab and yet still turn a profit in doing so.
hey

United States

#17 Nov 10, 2011
Truth wrote:
Before I got hired at St joes London I had to take a drug test and they sent me to the Job Shop too. They didn't even do it at their own facility. The Job Shop can charge less for their labs than hospitals can.
And I have worked at several local hospitals. Knox County Hospital is no worse than any of the other hospitals. They all have their problems. All you ever hear about is the bad. If someone dies people around here automatically want to blame the hospital, doctors or nurses. The worst hospital I have ever been to is UK. And that is where the really bad patients get sent to.
<quoted text>
"The Job Shop can charge less for their labs than hospitals can."

And exactly why is this??
So Stupid

United States

#18 Nov 10, 2011
I thought this topic was about the Hospital, not the cheap price of a Drug ck at the Job Shop. I'll say this much....Let you or a family member be transported to a Hospital as far away as Corbin or London. After a Car wreck, Heart attack or something that a few extra mins makes all the difference. When Knox County Hospital isn't here any longer...Then who else will you gripe to...
Murmmering & complainning never fixed anything.. Nor did it get a prayer answered...You people who have gotten on topix & have complained about this hospital are so STUPID... Immature is what I can say for all of you !
think about it

Madisonville, KY

#19 Nov 10, 2011
hey wrote:
<quoted text>
"The Job Shop can charge less for their labs than hospitals can."
And exactly why is this??
the hospital must charge more to cover the cost of treating people who dont have any health insurance or means to pay. is, it fair, no it is not, but this is the reason.
LOL

United States

#20 Nov 10, 2011
So Stupid wrote:
I thought this topic was about the Hospital, not the cheap price of a Drug ck at the Job Shop. I'll say this much....Let you or a family member be transported to a Hospital as far away as Corbin or London. After a Car wreck, Heart attack or something that a few extra mins makes all the difference. When Knox County Hospital isn't here any longer...Then who else will you gripe to...
Murmmering & complainning never fixed anything.. Nor did it get a prayer answered...You people who have gotten on topix & have complained about this hospital are so STUPID... Immature is what I can say for all of you !
Oh SHOVE IT lady! The poster did mention the hospital in the post. You just didn't care for it because it was a bad point made toward the hospital. You must either work there or have a family member who does. People are going to gripe or disagree with things whether you like it or not.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder (May '14) 1 min lucy 449
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 24 min North Mountain 159,586
Boob jobs & Lapband 49 min Big ole bully 11
Garbage on stinking creek roadsides ! 1 hr Jane 4
Trump is doing great ! 2 hr almost gone 30
Coach dinky out?? 2 hr Calling BS 5
Meth 4 hr Amy 1

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages