First Prev
of 2
Next Last
sweetpea

Brookville, IN

#1 Apr 2, 2014
anyone have something positive to say about Barbourville? Is it a ok place to live?
Big D

Paris, KY

#2 Apr 2, 2014
I have three words for you....DON'T. COME. HERE. You will thank me later. Please heed my warning.
john

London, KY

#3 Apr 3, 2014
not a lot to do here but it's a pretty laid back place to live or has been for me I moved here in 2005 and love it to each their own
boar dumb

Keavy, KY

#4 Apr 3, 2014
if you like to go to other towns for shopping , restaurants, movies, doctors and entertainment and arent concerned with the way the local politcos spend your money an dont mind religious fanatics attempt to maintain prohibition you'll love it, come on down
mike

London, KY

#5 Apr 3, 2014
it's just a small town it's hard to get that kind of info on topix come spend a few days and check the town out and see if it's a place you would like to live people are nice here every town has it's ups and downs but it's very low crime rate
been there

Barbourville, KY

#6 Apr 3, 2014
It is a black hole that once you enter you can never escape. You are damned to be a check-drawing drug making stupid hillbilly.
my opinion

Barbourville, KY

#7 Apr 3, 2014
Run, Run as fast as you can and never look back. Go to London, they work there.
sweetpea

Brookville, IN

#8 Apr 3, 2014
thanks all for your input.
Concerned

United States

#9 Apr 3, 2014
Get on highway one and head to ft wayne thats a good town now...
jimmy

London, KY

#10 Apr 3, 2014
this is why we can't have nice things the next town up talking smack as always new jobs are coming 2 new places one is open another is about too and more in the meetings by the way I don't go out of town to shop I support our local town
guss

Puyallup, WA

#11 Apr 3, 2014
mike wrote:
it's just a small town it's hard to get that kind of info on topix come spend a few days and check the town out and see if it's a place you would like to live people are nice here every town has it's ups and downs but it's very low crime rate
How can you say it has a very low crime rate? Have you taken a peek at the jailtracker lately and seen how many are there for murder? Child molesting, DUI ,even though it is a dry county, just to name a few. Don't even mention theft to support the drug habit of oxycontin and all the meth labs found. At least tell the truth. Even the former mayor and his wife are criminals as well as the wannabe county attorney David Jorjani. Per capita, I would say that the crime rate is quite high.
sorry

Keavy, KY

#12 Apr 3, 2014
jimmy wrote:
this is why we can't have nice things the next town up talking smack as always new jobs are coming 2 new places one is open another is about too and more in the meetings by the way I don't go out of town to shop I support our local town
...attention walmart shoppers .. there is nothing "local" about walmart
jimmy

London, KY

#13 Apr 4, 2014
I don't shop at walmart I shop at local owned business I have lived here a few years and haven't had to deal with crime it's all in people you hang with bigger city's have just as much problems if not more it's just kept inside the box everyone has their own views and I respect that just giving my views on the way I see it. is Barbourville perfect? no but it's not half as bad as some let on do I wish we had more to do in town? yes do I think any other county is any better because it's 15 mins up the road ? no. yes it has more to do but just as much crime you can see that on the news.
The voice in your head

Keavy, KY

#14 Apr 4, 2014
jimmy wrote:
I don't shop at walmart I shop at local owned business I have lived here a few years and haven't had to deal with crime it's all in people you hang with bigger city's have just as much problems if not more it's just kept inside the box everyone has their own views and I respect that just giving my views on the way I see it. is Barbourville perfect? no but it's not half as bad as some let on do I wish we had more to do in town? yes do I think any other county is any better because it's 15 mins up the road ? no. yes it has more to do but just as much crime you can see that on the news.
We need better schools, better hospitals, better roads, better public services, way more small business ventures we dont even have a reliable dog catcher here. I respect your hometown spirit but there are big problems here.. crime from drug related activity being the major one. Drugs are what kids and young adults turn to when there isnt much of anything else. It would seem that in a small town it would be easier to keep track of drug activity but it is also easier to keep track of the law. I would be interested in seeing a study on crime in small towns and see Barbourvilles standing per capita, Im afraid it would be pretty near the top
Bpd wife

Keavy, KY

#15 Apr 4, 2014
The voice in your head wrote:
<quoted text> We need better schools, better hospitals, better roads, better public services, way more small business ventures we dont even have a reliable dog catcher here. I respect your hometown spirit but there are big problems here.. crime from drug related activity being the major one. Drugs are what kids and young adults turn to when there isnt much of anything else. It would seem that in a small town it would be easier to keep track of drug activity but it is also easier to keep track of the law. I would be interested in seeing a study on crime in small towns and see Barbourvilles standing per capita, Im afraid it would be pretty near the top
The bville police dept now has the lowest moral in 30 years since they have a new mayor that should be in jail himself and a council full of fools the men don't know what to do I just hope they can get back up and working they have had over a year of this mess the council has put them in .

“Ignorance, a curable disease”

Since: Apr 09

Pineville, ky

#16 Apr 4, 2014
I've lived here twice.. I love it, not much to do but it has a homey feel in my opinion. It has its drugs and negative stuff too like other places but all around I think its cozy.
stephanie

Willimantic, CT

#17 Apr 4, 2014
I've considered visiting Barbourville. A friend of mine moved there some years ago, and I haven't heard from him since. Does ANYBODY know Ron Stevenson?
information

Barbourville, KY

#18 Apr 4, 2014
If he came here and you haven';t heard from him. Now he is drawing a check and making meth.
stephanie

Willimantic, CT

#19 Apr 5, 2014
information wrote:
If he came here and you haven';t heard from him. Now he is drawing a check and making meth.
actually, i heard he passed away, but nobody seems to be able to tell me how he died. anybody who's responded just says he died, but not how, and even the bureau of vital stats can't locate a death cert. but thanks for replying, and believe me, i've considered the scenario you offered. i just don't have any answers. frustrating.
Stumpy

Keavy, KY

#20 Apr 5, 2014
stephanie wrote:
<quoted text>actually, i heard he passed away, but nobody seems to be able to tell me how he died. anybody who's responded just says he died, but not how, and even the bureau of vital stats can't locate a death cert. but thanks for replying, and believe me, i've considered the scenario you offered. i just don't have any answers. frustrating.
http://www.rootsweb.ancestry.c om/~kyknox/Knox-County-Home.ht ml

knox cnty death certificates are in this site, dont know if its complete

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TreadzTireCenter 4 min James 4
Foley's 1960's Union College 30 min Old buzzard 12
Female Trump Supporters "break the internet"...WOW 1 hr Proud American 4
Jill 2 hr Soon 6
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Strel 148,934
Anyone seen Kilgore fight ? 5 hr Angie 14
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 5 hr John 18
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages