pink slip wrote:
im told alot at every school
They need to fire 90% of them.
wondering

Manchester, KY

#5 Apr 1, 2011
pink slip wrote:
im told alot at every school
why were they fired, or were they just laid off?
well

London, KY

#6 Apr 1, 2011
How bout the principle at KC?
what does it matter

Somerset, KY

#7 Apr 1, 2011
fired or laid of both means no longer considered employed by the knox county board of education, and he or she is no longer going to receive regular employee wages or benefits.
wondering

Manchester, KY

#8 Apr 1, 2011
what does it matter wrote:
fired or laid of both means no longer considered employed by the knox county board of education, and he or she is no longer going to receive regular employee wages or benefits.
both "mean" not "means". Capitalize K for Knox C for County B for Board of E for Education. AND there is a difference in "fired" and "laid off". Fired for undesirable work performance and laid off for lack of funding, etc. Get it genius? Go finish passing the rest of your tests and then become Mr. Know It All, sir, you have tried all your life and still can't cut it.
iknow

Corbin, KY

#9 Apr 1, 2011
They give several a pink slip ever year at the end of the school year, but they always get called back to work if they are related to someone.
kc panther

Somerset, KY

#10 Apr 1, 2011
wondering wrote:
<quoted text>both "mean" not "means". Capitalize K for Knox C for County B for Board of E for Education. AND there is a difference in "fired" and "laid off". Fired for undesirable work performance and laid off for lack of funding, etc. Get it genius? Go finish passing the rest of your tests and then become Mr. Know It All, sir, you have tried all your life and still can't cut it.
i quess this means you must be one of "those" fired dont it?
well

London, KY

#11 Apr 1, 2011
Teachers as always way over payed and under worked. They are like welfare people, they dont want to work but they want a big check.
crazymom24

East Bernstadt, KY

#12 Apr 1, 2011
well wrote:
Teachers as always way over payed and under worked. They are like welfare people, they dont want to work but they want a big check.
As a teacher I not only resent this statement, but I would love to know of any other job that requires you to go to school at least 6 years and pays what we get paid. People who make statements like this have no idea what we go through. Just so you know, I do work and I pay taxes so I don't appreciate being compared to people who get a check and don't have to work for it.
crazymomfan

United States

#13 Apr 2, 2011
I do agree with you. I feel that the teachers earn ever penny they make and more. Teachers are over worked and under paid for sure. Who in the world would want the responsibility these peoople have? I'm no teacher and never desired to be one. I wouldn't even encourage my child to become a teacher. This day and time teachers are used and abused. Yes I'm sure there is a few that don't deserve there jobs. That is gonna be anywhere you work. There is good and bad in the all jobs. Most the teachers I've ever had contact with took pride in there students. This is only a reflection on themselves. If that child does bad then that makes the teacher look bad. It takes a very special person to become a teacher. These people go to school for aprox. 18-20 yrs. that's from beginning to college graduate. Then they have to work 20+ yrs. to retire. So tell me that they don't deserve there pay.. That is so stupid. I'm sure there's a lot of people out there drawing checks that don't deserve them. I respect the teachers and if the parents would get more involved with there childrens educations and participate more in the school functions I'm sure you would know how much a teacher deserves there pay. Every parent should have to go to school at least one week and be there just as a teacher and see how much pride thse people put into there positions. Come on now we should be proud we have great teachers. Who knows what kind of influence these teachers can make in a childs life. Instead of looking forward to drawing a check they might just teach them that they can be doctors, lawyers, etc. Look people we need to support these teachers.. These teachers spend more quality time with our children than the parents do. So go figure.
draws a check

Somerset, KY

#14 Apr 2, 2011
well wrote:
You are absulutely right, every teacher i know wants the jobs doing nothing all day like being a reading recovery or math recovery teacher "tutoring" 4 kids a day, the best do nothing job in the buildingis sfa facilitator because they never see or teach kids all day and always at a "meeting". Those with big ambition go for the jobs at the board were they never see kids or teachers be it laison facilitator or coach. big checks for doing nothing aint that the same as welfare people
crazymomfan

United States

#15 Apr 2, 2011
Goes to show how much you know.. There are children with learning problems that have the opportunity to learn just as well as some child that doesn't. These kids get one on one teaching. You should be glad that available for the children in our schools. Yes there's a lot of people at the board.. Those people paid dearly for there jobs. Do you realize how much it costs to go to college and get a degree? Do you think just any o joe can go into a position and operate a whole school system. If there is a problem then that should be taken up with the super. or your elected school board member. Your board member is the one that represents your district. The next time you vote take a minute and think about it.. Don't vote for the man or woman for who they are. Vote for them for what they stand for. I didn't want to even get into the political part of this but that seems to be where it's leading.. Just be a parent and stand by your child and there teacher and work together and I'm sure you will be satisfied with the results.
cant be

Somerset, KY

#16 Apr 2, 2011
tiger wrote:
6 at girdler elem
I just heard that
flat lick fired 3 teacher and 2 aids
dewitt fired 2 teacher and two aids and a janitor and libraian is half time at flat lick and dewitt
are they combining the schools this year?
central elem parent

Somerset, KY

#17 Apr 2, 2011
crazymomfan wrote:
Goes to show how much you know.. There are children with learning problems that have the opportunity to learn just as well as some child that doesn't. These kids get one on one teaching. You should be glad that available for the children in our schools. Yes there's a lot of people at the board.. Those people paid dearly for there jobs. Do you realize how much it costs to go to college and get a degree? Do you think just any o joe can go into a position and teach.
well your degree isnt helping my child who goes to reading recovery he still cant read. One on one reading never happens becuase you fail to teach him he waits every day for you to pick him up but he is told every day you are busy.school test scores and the county test scores are both in the bottom ten in the state. So give ole joe a chance to teach cause it cant be no worse than you who dont do nothing
teacher

United States

#18 Apr 2, 2011
most teachers in knox dont care about anything but the money but that is not all of them some do try for the children
crazymomfan

United States

#19 Apr 2, 2011
What's the matter with you doing some teaching your child also. I hope that you sit down with your child and help them out. Like I said before there's some that don't deserve there positions. There's others that go way beyond the call of duty. Children need to be helped out at home as well. The parents and the teachers work together and there will be results. If your child has a learning disorder then yes by all means your child should get that one on one teaching. I feel also that a childs parents can be just as affective teaching there child as the teachers.
fellowteacher

Winchester, KY

#20 Apr 2, 2011
crazymom24 wrote:
<quoted text>
As a teacher I not only resent this statement, but I would love to know of any other job that requires you to go to school at least 6 years and pays what we get paid. People who make statements like this have no idea what we go through. Just so you know, I do work and I pay taxes so I don't appreciate being compared to people who get a check and don't have to work for it.
AMEN! ppl have no idea what teachers go through...as far as being over paid, what planet r u living on? if anything, teachers do not get paid enough.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 6
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bonita you Promised Kids First ! 10 min IgnoranceIsAbundant 11
Female Trump Supporters "break the internet"...WOW 13 min bvillain 6
~~Keep A Word~~Drop A Word Game. (Jun '10) 1 hr Princess Hey 1,407
Yolanda 1 hr Cray 2
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 2 hr Soldier 24
Msc topic disappeared wonder why lol??? 2 hr Do you know 9
TreadzTireCenter 2 hr James 8
KCHS principal 3 hr Gravy 27
Three liquor stores in bville 6 hr really 10
More from around the web