Gasbag

Winchester, KY

#21 Feb 16, 2013
Nimbletwig wrote:
Just wondering about any of yours or maybe a family members experiences with him, thank you.
Bygod you'd sure enough qualify for a crazy check.
Justice

United States

#22 Feb 18, 2013
I hired Paul Baker on the same day I filed for disability. I was told that I did the right thing because people always get denied on the first decision. I worked two and three full time jobs for 17 years, had medical evidence to support my claim, and it was my doctor that told me I would never work again. I filed in February and was awarded my social security disability in April. Paul Baker never met me nor did he do anything on my case. Since I had hired him, he got 33% of my back pay. I have seen him in court several times and he isn't very good in court and it doesn't matter if its SSD/SSI, Divorce or Criminal law. He is arrogant and rather rude at times. If you want "a good old boy" who plays the system, he may be the one for you. I wanted someone who would be an advocate for me, but Mr. Baker got paid for doing NOTHING!
Judicious

Barbourville, KY

#23 Feb 18, 2013
Show Time wrote:
<quoted text>
Did your Sister have enough Medical Evidence to support her Claim...Paul Baker has never dropped anyone unless they couldn't provide the Medical Evidence, that He needed to show before the Law Judge ! To Prove that your Sister was Disabled!!! You and your Sister are both Unhappy Campers, because Sis wasn't truly Disabled!!!
That's a LIE, Paul Baker has dropped more clients by far than any attorney around, it's simple math, he sees more clients therefore, he loses more cases, actually a hell of a lot more than he should because he over extends himself and can't give each case the time it deserves. If he is so great tell me when was the last time he fought for a disability client in civil court?????? Probably never, because it takes too much time and effort, so screw the client. The clients that won their cases with him could have probably done it their selves online and saved themselves 25% of their back pay. They think he's a guru, when the facts are he only cherry picks the easy ones that don't take a lot of effort!!
And if this girl that I donít know, didnít have the evidence she needed, then why did Paul take the case in the first place, heís guru, heís the expert. Why would he take the case and give the girl false hope if she didnít have the evidence????? My guess would be there wasnít enough money in it for his time and effort, so she got sold out to the almighty buck.
Nope

Fond Du Lac, WI

#24 Feb 19, 2013
In a word? No.

He sat me down the day I went to court and actually had to ask me what was wrong with me. He'd not even looked through my records prior to that day. I did get it, but I did so because I ended up having a seizure in front of the judge. The judge himself was asking better questions than Paul Baker did.
Big Dick Magursky wrote:
All you f---ing deadbeats od SSI should be taken out and shot Paul Baker is aa low life scumbag for helping lazy, sorry a-s pillheads get disability.
I pray you never become disabled, or have to deal with the daily, uncontrolled seizures that I do. I pray you never have to lose out on your hopes and dreams, or suffer discrimination. I pray that no cold-hearted person on the internet ever tells you should be killed because you're no good, even though you'd give anything to be normal; or assume you're a drug addict, even though you've never even drank alcohol in your life, much less taken a pill (and insulting your religion in the process.) I pray that people will be kind to you, and that you'll never know the kind of life I've known. May God bless you, sir.
Answer

Barbourville, KY

#25 Feb 19, 2013
eric c conn wrote:
http://mrsocialsecurity.com/'
Dont fool around with getting your diability. Call the best, which is Eric Conn.
LOL...ok!

You might want to rethink that...Mr. ERIC C. CONN...was just indicted for Social Security fraud in Pikeville federal court along with a local SS judge.

SO, if I had hired him as my SS attorney I would be worried that they will go back and "double check" all those people he worked for. Don't be surprised to see your case re-opened!
NoTsoHAppy

Barbourville, KY

#26 Feb 21, 2013
In a word? No.
He sat me down the day I went to court and actually had to ask me what was wrong with me. He'd not even looked through my records prior to that day. I did get it, but I did so because I ended up having a seizure in front of the judge. The judge himself was asking better questions than Paul Baker did.
<quoted text>

He did me the same way, he had to ask me several questions trying to get up to speed, I knew then I was screwed. He never questioned or defended me in front of the judge, never openned his mouth in my defense, I got major screwed.
NoTsoHAppy

Barbourville, KY

#28 Feb 21, 2013
Justice wrote:
I hired Paul Baker on the same day I filed for disability. I was told that I did the right thing because people always get denied on the first decision. I worked two and three full time jobs for 17 years, had medical evidence to support my claim, and it was my doctor that told me I would never work again. I filed in February and was awarded my social security disability in April. Paul Baker never met me nor did he do anything on my case. Since I had hired him, he got 33% of my back pay. I have seen him in court several times and he isn't very good in court and it doesn't matter if its SSD/SSI, Divorce or Criminal law. He is arrogant and rather rude at times. If you want "a good old boy" who plays the system, he may be the one for you. I wanted someone who would be an advocate for me, but Mr. Baker got paid for doing NOTHING!
The law clearly states he can only collect up to 25% of your back pay. He's may be another Eric Conn (Conn just got caught for disability fraud) you need to call your SS office and report him!!
REALLY

Barbourville, KY

#29 Feb 21, 2013
Why is anyone surprised, Paul is in it for Paul. He is the kind of attorney where all the attorney jokes you've ever heard apply. He's not there to help you, he's there to help himself!!
got it

Pineville, KY

#30 Feb 21, 2013
why do you need a lawyer to get disability,I signed up and got a review and got mine,dont understand getting a lawyer,I get full benefits,a lawyer never entered my mine.
Jumper Cable

Rockford, IL

#32 Feb 21, 2013
You Better get an Attorney for your Disabilty! Paul can go before a law Judge & it will be you who has to answer for your Illness in front of a Rehabilitacian Councel & also a Court Reporter! While you state the Facts about your Disabilty! Fact is , Paul is the Attorney! You have have the Medical reports that Validates your Medical Claims for Disability! No Attorney can go in & ask that a Law Judge give you, your Disabilty because you say you are unable to work & are to Ill to work! You have to have Medical Evidence to prove this. No Lawyer, not even Paul Baker can say anything that will get your Disability! You have to have Medical evedience! Don't get on here & put Paul Baker down! He has helped Many People get their Disability! He doesn't set back & just get paid , you have to submitt what you own & what have in your Possesion. If it's over $3,000.00 The Social Security has to know... If you own anything of any Value, you should have sold it to pay your Bills! Or pay for Doctor Visits & medication! You want the State to hand you a CK, you have to prove that you actually need this money to Survive! While you own Vehicles & RVs & land and so many other things! What do you want the State to do? Let you keep your Toys & recieve a CK ? Guess who won't be getting a Ck ...You My Friend!!! Be Honest & Factual & pray that God shows you Favor!!! You'll need it! Don't Blame the Lawyers, Inventory what you have & its worth & then apply for SSI.... Sad but true! God Bless!!!
Happycat

Barbourville, KY

#33 Feb 22, 2013
Jumper Cable wrote:
You Better get an Attorney for your Disabilty! Paul can go before a law Judge & it will be you who has to answer for your Illness in front of a Rehabilitacian Councel & also a Court Reporter! While you state the Facts about your Disabilty! Fact is , Paul is the Attorney! You have have the Medical reports that Validates your Medical Claims for Disability! No Attorney can go in & ask that a Law Judge give you, your Disabilty because you say you are unable to work & are to Ill to work! You have to have Medical Evidence to prove this. No Lawyer, not even Paul Baker can say anything that will get your Disability! You have to have Medical evedience! Don't get on here & put Paul Baker down! He has helped Many People get their Disability! He doesn't set back & just get paid , you have to submitt what you own & what have in your Possesion. If it's over $3,000.00 The Social Security has to know... If you own anything of any Value, you should have sold it to pay your Bills! Or pay for Doctor Visits & medication! You want the State to hand you a CK, you have to prove that you actually need this money to Survive! While you own Vehicles & RVs & land and so many other things! What do you want the State to do? Let you keep your Toys & recieve a CK ? Guess who won't be getting a Ck ...You My Friend!!! Be Honest & Factual & pray that God shows you Favor!!! You'll need it! Don't Blame the Lawyers, Inventory what you have & its worth & then apply for SSI.... Sad but true! God Bless!!!
They're not talking about SSI, they are talking about disability insurance, which has nothing to due with what you own or have. This isn't a welfare handout. This is for people that have worked probably in most cases their whole lives and now they injured and need some of that money they paid in to uncle sam back. So you have no idea what you are talking about. You don't no anything about disability, and you sure don't no anything about Paul Baker. You're better off filing on your own and going before the ALJ by yourself. No need to give him 25% of your money to sit in court with you and NEVER say a thing or defend you in anyway (like others have stated, you'll need to tell him what's wrong with you cause he's never prepared) these are the facts !!!
Randy

Bonnyman, KY

#34 Feb 22, 2013
All I can say from my experience with him is this, any attorney would be a step up, don't trust him.
Jack

Barbourville, KY

#35 Feb 25, 2013
If choose to get an attorney, and fill that your case could swing either way, then I'd suggest MORGAN - BRASHEAR - COLLINS. They won't give up on you, they'll know your case inside and out, and they'll be prepared, these are all the things Paul won't do for you.
Big Hastle

Winnebago, IL

#36 Feb 26, 2013
NoTsoHAppy wrote:
In a word? No.
<quoted text>
He did me the same way, he had to ask me several questions trying to get up to speed, I knew then I was screwed. He never questioned or defended me in front of the judge, never openned his mouth in my defense, I got major screwed.
Not so Happy, maybe you didn't have enough eveidence to prove that you were Ill or had Seizures in front of the Judge , Seizure eveidence is hard to Prove! My Nephew was informed in front of a Doctor that it's hard to Prove Seizures. With out a Great Deal of Evidence! Most Likely your Stress of the meeting caused you to have your Seizure! My Nephew had test after test & there was nothing Medicially that could state that my Nephew had Seizures! This wasn't Paul Bakers Fault! It was a God thing that you actually Showed the Law Judge , that in Fact you had Seizures in front of the Judge & Occupational Therapist! Are you Upset that Paul represented you & got a Percentage of your Money! Did you not Hire Paull to be your Attorney? Then he needed enough Medical evidence tp present your case! You said he asked you to tell the Judge what your Disability was! I was also asked that same question! Why do feel as though you shouldn't have to answer that also! I also had to speak about my Medical condition in front of the Rehabilitation Officer about my Disabilty! All you had to do was become stressed enough to have a Seizure & get your Disabilty. Stop getting on here & acting like you are not so Happy! You got your Disability, didn't you? Well My Nephew still has to go to work & he has had his Liscense taken & had people take him to work! He works in a Coal Mine, Underground & is Married & has to work to have any type of life for him & his wife! You recieve a ck & my Nephew has to get up at 3:00am ride to Virgina & work 10 hour shifts! I would guess you get food stamps & a Medical Card, my Nephew doesn't. He has to work...Notsohappy, you need to be Grateful, instead of putting Paul Baker Down as your Attorney! Paul is a Good Lawyer & he was there with you when you got your Decision from the Judge! You need to stop & think how Blessed you are instead of being Ungrateful! Paul can only present what medical evedence you provide! With Obamam care getting ready to go into effect, things could get a great Deal worse for yo. If you don't start Thanking God & being Grateful ! What you have been blessed with, could be taken away! Be Grateful, God Bless
Nope

Beloit, WI

#37 Feb 27, 2013
Big Hastle wrote:
<quoted text>
Stop getting on here & acting like you are not so Happy! You got your Disability, didn't you? Well My Nephew still has to go to work & he has had his Liscense taken & had people take him to work! He works in a Coal Mine, Underground & is Married & has to work to have any type of life for him & his wife! You recieve a ck & my Nephew has to get up at 3:00am ride to Virgina & work 10 hour shifts! I would guess you get food stamps & a Medical Card, my Nephew doesn't. He has to work...Notsohappy, you need to be Grateful, instead of putting Paul Baker Down as your Attorney! Paul is a Good Lawyer & he was there with you when you got your Decision from the Judge! You need to stop & think how Blessed you are instead of being Ungrateful!
I think you might be confused between whose post you were replying to. I was the one who had the seizures, not NoTsoHappy. However, since a lot of your post seems to be directed towards me, I'm going to reply.

I am not bad-mouthing Paul Baker. I am simply telling the truth of the situation. I'm not going to lie and say that he is the best lawyer ever when I feel like he did a poor job of representing me. I feel like that I was forced to pay him for work he did not do. I had plenty of evidence going back over the course of nine years and the seizure in front of the judge was the icing on the cake. However, had I not had it, his substandard representation would've lead to another denial despite the overwhelming evidence.

The reason I had to fight so hard to get mine is the same reason your nephew has had a nightmare of a time getting it: you cannot get disability for Epilepsy unless it negatively affects you; and proving that is an uphill battle. If your seizures are moderately controlled by medication, you will not get it. If your seizures are infrequent, you will not get it. If your seizures do not show up on an EEG, you will not get it. It's not like other conditions where just a diagnosis is all it takes. The truth of the matter is that it's nearly impossible to find work with daily uncontrolled seizures regardless of what you can do and how much education you have - no one will hire you because you are an insurance risk and a guaranteed problem worker. Legally, you are not allowed to hide your condition from your employer. Social security does not take that into consideration, though - a judge might, but otherwise, you're probably out of luck.

As for your nephew, his neuro should order a video EEG. It's usually a 3-4 day ordeal which will put him on video and an EEG at the same exact time. Seizures that do not show up on regular EEGs will often show up on an video EEG. He'll need at least two to show up on an EEG to even be considered for disability. He'll also need to prove that medication does not work for him. He must also be officially diagnosed with Epilepsy, and he'll need a letter from a neuro saying that he cannot work (I had two letters from two different neuros and still got denied.) Despite that, he will still have to prove why he is negatively affected, and will likely still be denied at least twice.

I feel sorry for your nephew. I do. He should not be anywhere near a coal mine with seizures. But honestly, you words hurt. What I get is barely enough to cover my bills. I do not get HUD, food stamps, heating assistance or any other aid. I neither qualify, nor want it. I do not get SSI, so my income is from what was already paid in over the years. My medical card is paid for by money that has been removed from my check each month. I am grateful for it, but at the same time, it's a trade off. I wish that I didn't have seizures and could go to work. I have dreams, I have ambition and I'm still trying to better myself, even though I'm likely suffering mild brain damage each and every day due to seizures. My life is an uphill battle at times, and frankly, it's a little upsetting when someone makes you feel like you're a mooch despite it all...
Jack

Barbourville, KY

#38 Feb 27, 2013
Big Hastle, you need to take some of your own advise and stop judging NotSoHappy. First off your confused about who you were talking about, and all NotSoHappy was saying is:(Paul Baker never met me nor did he do anything on my case. Since I had hired him, he got 33% of my back pay) NoSoHappy is a perfect example of the kind of clients that Paul wants. If your case is harder than that, good luck then, you're on your own.
PS. I bet Paul dropped your nephews case when the going got tough, bet ya a $100 he never tried the case in civil court for him!!!!
In the NO

Barbourville, KY

#39 Mar 14, 2013
If you want a sincere, hard working attorney that you can trust, see Morgan in London. After just your first visit, you'll know you made the right choice!
Rehab Me

Barbourville, KY

#40 Mar 17, 2013
Paul Baker office filed for me. Very professional staff. Satisfied Customer.
Robert

Barbourville, KY

#41 Mar 19, 2013
Rehab Me, Their staff isn't to bad, however, they don't do much other than submit your info on line. I called there once an asked to speak with the girl that was my case manager, the receptionist told me she was out to lunch an would have her call me when she got back. Hours passed and no call, so I called back, the receptionist connected me to her and she said she didn't get my message from the recep. (which was bull) then she told me because it was Friday that the recep. holds their messages until the end of the day so they can work with clients walking in. I should of dropped them right then, I should of went with my gut feeling, cause it just kept getting worse. I strongly advise you to see Morgan in London. I wish you the best I really do, otherwise I wouldn't be telling you my story. I hate to see someone else get screwed.
Hunter

Barbourville, KY

#42 Mar 19, 2013
REHABME, run, run as fast as you can. I agree with robert too, morgan is a professional.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 min Folks 7,205
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 15 min Ari son of Anarchy 155,456
Daniel bays (Jul '12) 46 min woohoo 9
Stealing from child's grave 1 hr who knows 12
Couple arrested for child abuse 3 hr Answer 2
Pastor Arnold Murray R.I.P.. 5 hr LOL 11
Chamges to Topix? 6 hr Archangel Oger 2

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]