First Prev
of 5
Next Last

United States

#81 Jan 15, 2014
TOASTup wrote:
People should have known all along, He was the one who stocked the gambling machines in all the businesses for years!! That's self-explanatory!!
Surely not those devilish gambling machines..... I'm sure he forced those stores to share the profits as well.
Sammi Jo

Manchester, KY

#82 Jan 15, 2014
Ralph wrote:
This was a set up. JM didn't want David running for JE so he had Darren turn David in. Who did Darren work for before this....JM!
This is the only post that has made complete sense. Of course there is a little battle in the city and county that has caused all these problems and Thompson probably hasn't even figured out what went wrong. If I were David I'd be turning the tables now on Hall and getting the AG down on him!

Makes me mad that one politician would turn on the other like that! Let the public decide who gets an office and not rat each other out.

“"Living The Dream"”

Since: Sep 11

It Is What It Is

#83 Jan 15, 2014
top wrote:
<quoted text>
Surely not those devilish gambling machines..... I'm sure he forced those stores to share the profits as well.
Those store owners were in it for the money also, But i don't know any of them that became mayor!!
DontMakeMeLaugh

Barbourville, KY

#84 Jan 15, 2014
top wrote:
Who gives a rats ass about if the mayor gave away a few free passes to the water park?? That's what he should do!! Who care if a project goes out to the highest bidder??? Sometimes you get why you pay for!! Who cares if he lets his wife be a manager at the water park?? The city looks better than ever!!! Just look around..... I'd say David Thompson has done a great job. Has anyone ever heard of a politician that didn't bend the rules a little or favor someone a little here and there??? Hell no!!! He is good for barbourville. Done a good job.
I may be mistaken and out of line but it sure looks a lot like more than a "little" favors, embezzlement, cheating,,lyeing, contracting and all that other stuff. On more than several occasions she talked out loud about all the $$$ they were bringing in.
GET A GRIP CITY You Got What You Voted For!
READ THE FINDINGS AND DECIDE FOR SELF
Ummmm Hello

Barbourville, KY

#85 Jan 15, 2014
Sammi Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
This is the only post that has made complete sense. Of course there is a little battle in the city and county that has caused all these problems and Thompson probably hasn't even figured out what went wrong. If I were David I'd be turning the tables now on Hall and getting the AG down on him!
Makes me mad that one politician would turn on the other like that! Let the public decide who gets an office and not rat each other out.
lol its called politics heard the saying birds of a feather flock together. You get out what you put in. go figure dummies!
joe dirt

Barbourville, KY

#86 Jan 15, 2014
he "implemented change"... as soon as the audit started .. hahaha
WOW

Barbourville, KY

#87 Jan 15, 2014
Jack wrote:
Water and elect dont send me bills as long as I give them 50 dollars
No longer wondering why my bill was so much. ha ha ha. imam wandering who else is hooked up on mine besides me.
Converse

London, KY

#88 Jan 15, 2014
It will all blow over in a few weeks and everyone of them will make up after squealing on each other, or at least lets hope they do!
joe dirt

Barbourville, KY

#89 Jan 16, 2014
they cant scrape up enough cash to install handicap restrooms in the courthouse now...wonder how much one of those trailer spaces at Thompson park cost to install , and earns
Charley

Winchester, KY

#90 Jan 16, 2014
Typical small town politics! Serve yourself not the citizens!
Spoot

Barbourville, KY

#91 Jan 25, 2014
Sammi Jo wrote:
<quoted text>
That's the only post that makes sense to you because you're ignorant. It's not a battle (the council members requested the audit), there's blatant corruption/stealing going on in this city. It's evidenced. THOROUGHLY evidenced. Read the audit report. David's response didn't argue or place blame because the evidence speaks for itself. Many of these evidenced wrong-doings are being referred to the Kentucky Office of the Attorney General. You want to know why? BECAUSE THEY'RE CRIMES. This isn't the typical topix bashing/gossip you cretins come here for. Here's a link to the official audit (granted it may be too many words for you/won't "make complete sense"): http://apps.auditor.ky.gov/Public/Audit_Repor...
Citizen Dave

Barbourville, KY

#92 Jan 25, 2014
Worked for Wendy wrote:
Tell me what office in our county that does not have their wife or family member working in the office he's wife was just at the water park and never paid by check thru the city she got all concession money but bought all that went into the concession and paid for her workers know what you are talking about.
The park is owned by the city. That's the problem. She wasn't supposed to get all the concession money. And the city bought what went into the concession. It's not her money. It's not her choice to keep it or not pay taxes on it. That's stealing. Take your own advice and know what you're talking about.
Hummmm

Barbourville, KY

#93 Jan 25, 2014
I heard that Dwight Davis will be running the water park next year what a joke
kyman

Somerset, KY

#94 Jan 25, 2014
The people of barbourville are so stupid they will not believe this audit.
Todd

Barbourville, KY

#95 Jan 26, 2014
Have you ask or read Wendy's contract. I'm pretty sure it says you get paid by keeping the concession money but have to put everything in it yourself and pay your own workers
question

London, KY

#96 Jan 26, 2014
Todd wrote:
Have you ask or read Wendy's contract. I'm pretty sure it says you get paid by keeping the concession money but have to put everything in it yourself and pay your own workers
Is the position limited to wives only or are there qualifications for the position?
plea deal

United States

#97 Jan 26, 2014
I thought Charlie green and Gilbert were working out a deal for David and his wife?
Hmm

Barbourville, KY

#98 Jan 29, 2014
plea deal wrote:
I thought Charlie green and Gilbert were working out a deal for David and his wife?
I'd love to hear more if this is true. What do you know about it?
Bump

Barbourville, KY

#99 Jan 31, 2014
Everyone in Barbourville should read this forum. Informative and funny.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Drug Dealers 17 min sad 3
suboxone clinic 1 hr reporting to Fran... 1
sugars daddies 1 hr larry 22
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Yes and Amen 142,362
Timmy Earles and Eric Canady 2 hr April 5
Knox County sheriff 3 hr turk 19
Local Resident Larry Hammons Featured in Docume... 3 hr Cindy 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages