not good

London, KY

#61 Jan 9, 2014
What theives wrote:
I just spent 3 hours reading the audit and its amazing. Its unbelievable how much the street superintendent, mayor, and his wife have stolen from the city. Its way up in the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years. Stealing aluminum recycling, pop machine money, scrap metals, and even city gravel. Those are just the petty things these jokers stole. It seems like they didnt miss a a trick when ripping off the city. These jokers should be indicted. The Advocate should print the report in full next week. Read it yourself:
http://apps.auditor.ky.gov/Public/Audit_Repor...
You will never get the truth from the Advocate. That paper is like every thing else in Knox Co. only certain people get there names in the paper for good or bad. When they finish the audit in the mayors office they need to cross the street and clean the court house out,
uh hmnnn

Barbourville, KY

#62 Jan 9, 2014
empty buildings on the square, long lines at the unemployment office and a full house at the foodstamp office.. but theres a new sprinkler at the park .. hahaha
not good

London, KY

#63 Jan 9, 2014
Jack wrote:
Water and elect dont send me bills as long as I give them 50 dollars
who do you give it to?

Barbourville, KY

#64 Jan 11, 2014
I still would vote for Thompson. This is all petty bull shit that don't add up to anything. Somebody else is just wanting his job. It's obvious he has done a great job with the city. B'ville is one if the nicest and cleanest small towns I have ever been to. Not many jobs around here but. He has done good with what he has had to work with. Who cares about a bunch of petty bull shit.
facts

London, KY

#65 Jan 11, 2014
top wrote:
I still would vote for Thompson. This is all petty bull shit that don't add up to anything. Somebody else is just wanting his job. It's obvious he has done a great job with the city. B'ville is one if the nicest and cleanest small towns I have ever been to. Not many jobs around here but. He has done good with what he has had to work with. Who cares about a bunch of petty bull shit.
stealing is stealing!!
uh oh

Barbourville, KY

#66 Jan 11, 2014
top wrote:
great job? at what? drive around town .. every street and say clean and friendly once more to verify that youre full of sh*t
not good

Manchester, KY

#67 Jan 12, 2014
Truth wrote:
<quoted text>
Your son is just as guilty for bribing as the cop taking. That is where we lose alot of money. All the ticket fixing is a bunch of bull alway's has been. Has to STOP.!!!!!!!! What if some one had been killed by your son would you be putting on here.MY SON WAS INNOCENT.
You have got to be kidding me. Any one with half a brain and the money would have done the same thing.
Elvis

Somerset, KY

#68 Jan 13, 2014
David at one time was one of the biggest dope dealers in Knox county and he's always been a crook. I just can't believe people voted him in for mayor. But hell just about all of the ones in office are crooks but people keeps voting for them.

Manchester, KY

#69 Jan 13, 2014
i think he is a good mayor

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Brodhead, KY

#70 Jan 13, 2014
rly wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant believe everything you read. This stuff isn't true. Theres just an idiot putting this stuff on here.(Darren West). Very Jealous and dangerous person in disguise wanting to take the mayors position.
It's a published report so you are Wrong and the AG is involved...
innocent until ...

Corbin, KY

#71 Jan 13, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>It's a published report so you are Wrong and the AG is involved...
All you are hearing are accusations by David's enemies. The truth will come out after Charlie Greene and Gilbert get their chance to fight for our mayor.
david who

London, KY

#72 Jan 13, 2014
[QUOTE who="innocent until ..."]<quoted text>
All you are hearing are accusations by David's enemies. The truth will come out after Charlie Greene and Gilbert get their chance to fight for our mayor.[/QUOTE]

I will venture to say that there wont be anyone willing to step forward and interefere for or against the mayor. The politicians will be too worried some of their own little favors and tricks will be uncovered. Time for the good ole boys to keep a low profile and stay out of the way, ole daddy mayor and mommy mayor will be on their own. cover your own arse is the name of the game now.

“"Living The Dream"”

Since: Sep 11

It Is What It Is

#73 Jan 13, 2014
People should have known all along, He was the one who stocked the gambling machines in all the businesses for years!! That's self-explanatory!!
Ralph

Manchester, KY

#74 Jan 14, 2014
This was a set up. JM didn't want David running for JE so he had Darren turn David in. Who did Darren work for before this....JM!
Bill Jones

Manchester, KY

#75 Jan 14, 2014
Ralph wrote:
This was a set up. JM didn't want David running for JE so he had Darren turn David in. Who did Darren work for before this....JM!
This is right. I hadn't thought about that side of the whole thing. JM and Darren will be judge and mayor and we all know how all of them stole so much gravel together with Cox. This is just a big set up.......I say vote the mayor back in office, he did no wrong.
sheeit

Barbourville, KY

#76 Jan 14, 2014
see what happens when the AG office starts to squeeze a little .. that honor among thieves BS goes out the window quick, watch out to see who gets run over by the bus.
joe public

Graham, WA

#77 Jan 14, 2014
Bill Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
This is right. I hadn't thought about that side of the whole thing. JM and Darren will be judge and mayor and we all know how all of them stole so much gravel together with Cox. This is just a big set up.......I say vote the mayor back in office, he did no wrong.
The audit says differently. A lot of people in denial or cahoots. Either way looks like the Mayor should have done things differently. He should never had family handling any kind of finances for the city or let them have jobs that were city run, the waterpark is a good example.
Billy Bobbie

London, KY

#78 Jan 15, 2014
Bill Jones wrote:
<quoted text>
When are these retards gonna learn that the state and feds have their number and are watching them? Jackson, clay, Knox and Whitley counties are under constant watch and it usually takes a couple years for the state and feds to make a move on these thieves, They think they are getting away with their thieving, then they get hammered.

Politics are a magnet for the lowest life individuals at any level, Especially those who have already ripped the system off and feel they have gotten away with it before. Most wise and decent people dont want to be involved with the political system and the scum that it involves.

The system cannot be fixed, people are gonna continue to elect the same types that have destroyed the system.....IT WILL ONLY GET WORSE.

What you have is the scum in washington scraping the scum in Frankfort, raking the scum in The county, raking the scum in town. From top to bottom it is still scum, trying to make the other scum look worse.
Worked for Wendy

Barbourville, KY

#79 Jan 15, 2014
Tell me what office in our county that does not have their wife or family member working in the office he's wife was just at the water park and never paid by check thru the city she got all concession money but bought all that went into the concession and paid for her workers know what you are talking about.

“Hanging on by a thread”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

#80 Jan 15, 2014
Worked for Wendy wrote:
Tell me what office in our county that does not have their wife or family member working in the office he's wife was just at the water park and never paid by check thru the city she got all concession money but bought all that went into the concession and paid for her workers know what you are talking about.
That is one of the major problems that has been allowed to enter into the political system. We vote for an individual to do a job, we expect them to place well qualified people into positions they need to fill to support them. The first thing they do is hire or appoint their wife family members or friends into positions they have open.

That in and of itself is a conflict of interest as far as public trust goes. How can you possibly have confidence in people who just throw family and friends into positions of running the business of any entity. The same holds true for the school system the churches and politics....and that is the primary reason they are disfunctional. Dismissing the importantance of qualifications and replacing it with favoritism, a recipe for dumbing down and corruption

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min What if 136,187
billy gambrel 2 hr katie 3
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 10 hr yoyo1346 13
Jeff & Jamie Mays (Jul '11) 10 hr looking for Jeff 15
Does anyone know Chico Eversole ? 10 hr Farmer 2
Teacher arrested 12 hr Dd 4
Lisa and Teresa Vaughn twins 16 hr hmmm 6
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]