Friend

Orlando, KY

#41 Jan 8, 2014
David would never cheat on his wife he loves her
Hahahaha
kyman

Somerset, KY

#42 Jan 8, 2014
You people of barbourville who think this mayor is honest.are living in a dream world or u have a intrest in some of the money.
Darren

Orlando, KY

#43 Jan 8, 2014
It makes me sad but we will work and get this fixed....... What a flipping joke the way you fixed your money problems check one cause wife to lose job at bank check two and what was it "27" check three
Karma for Jimmy Baker

United States

#44 Jan 8, 2014
Jimmy Baker is a thief always has been hes been doing this for years I hope they send his ass to prison.....if you wonder who this is Jimmy you screwedover menearly 20 years ago long time to wait ?????
mayor poop

Keavy, KY

#45 Jan 8, 2014
Sadly, you bunch of halfwit bubbleheads will vote him in again. Because you are all tards and he knows it. Has he brought any legit lasting jobs to barbourville? Are half the commercial buildings on the square empty? Get a clue idiots.
sad

London, KY

#46 Jan 8, 2014
Its sad this little tow is so dumb they keep voting for people like this.That is why we have nothing in our town but a park that covered in duck $hit.
ducks to peperoni to bud

London, KY

#47 Jan 8, 2014
sad wrote:
Its sad this little tow is so dumb they keep voting for people like this.That is why we have nothing in our town but a park that covered in duck $hit.
I was told by someone who works at the bank that the wife had already done the ground work to get a loan set up to buy the pizza place close to the square. Seems there is a good chance that a new drive will be started to vote the city wet and the plans are to set up a sports type bar and restaurant in the pizza place. That pays a lot more than running a duck pond. Big things ahead for B. ville thanks to its leaders.
Todd

Keavy, KY

#48 Jan 8, 2014
I can't wait till that's open and Barbourville becomes WET we need out of the stone ages.
Well

Keavy, KY

#49 Jan 9, 2014
Darren West??? Come on. I grew up with him & if what has been posted on here is the least bit true, I guess I would have to see it to believe it! I have always thought he was very honest & professional! I would be totally shocked if any of this were true!
Truth

United States

#50 Jan 9, 2014
Cindy wrote:
My son got pulled over by the city and gave the cop $100 and got out of his DUI
Your son is just as guilty for bribing as the cop taking. That is where we lose alot of money. All the ticket fixing is a bunch of bull alway's has been. Has to STOP.!!!!!!!! What if some one had been killed by your son would you be putting on here.MY SON WAS INNOCENT.
uh hmnnn

Keavy, KY

#51 Jan 9, 2014
"Acknowledge and implement recommendation" .. sounds a lot like "guilty, so what?" to me. There should be a letter of resignation with that addmission of incompetence.
my 3 cents

Barbourville, KY

#52 Jan 9, 2014
Would think that the mayor and his wife would have bought us dinner before they screwed us over.
last days

Pasadena, CA

#53 Jan 9, 2014
Well more examples of how politicians use and abuse tax payers money. These people should definately do some time in the federal pen.
Laughing

Keavy, KY

#54 Jan 9, 2014
I just read the Barbourville paper and west and Lawson act like the run this town. They have a very small vote which can be over ruled by the mayor. What dumb a**
Truth

United States

#55 Jan 9, 2014
uh hmnnn wrote:
"Acknowledge and implement recommendation" .. sounds a lot like "guilty, so what?" to me. There should be a letter of resignation with that addmission of incompetence.
That is what Hall says every time also.County is no different than city. All a bunch of out-laws.
"GOOD OLE BOYS"
my opinion

Keavy, KY

#56 Jan 9, 2014
I also have read the complete audit and like Thompson stated in Corbin Times, I to was surprised they (the auditors) didn't find more. They were very few things listed that will be turned over the the Attorney General's Office. A smack on the hand. Sad day in Knox County. Better think of things like this when we vote.
problem is

London, KY

#57 Jan 9, 2014
my opinion wrote:
I also have read the complete audit and like Thompson stated in Corbin Times, I to was surprised they (the auditors) didn't find more. They were very few things listed that will be turned over the the Attorney General's Office. A smack on the hand. Sad day in Knox County. Better think of things like this when we vote.
It seems as if there are not any credible people running for office there , anymore. You folks continue to put different people into office yet you aleays get the same results. You better start thinking of these things hefore you get anywhere near an election..If a politician is telling you he can make things better...he is a liar. The only thing an honest politician can do is tell you the truth, nothing more. The problem is most folks dont want to hear the truth so they vote for the lying scumbags and then complain. Everyone knows when these liars are lying, most of it is common sense, a pure fool can tell they are lying,,,,,,Why in the hell do you keep voting them into office to begin with.......As in the past,....chances are....nothing will change except the name of the lying scumbag who wins.
heard that

Mount Vernon, KY

#58 Jan 9, 2014
rly wrote:
<quoted text>
You cant believe everything you read. This stuff isn't true. Theres just an idiot putting this stuff on here.(Darren West). Very Jealous and dangerous person in disguise wanting to take the mayors position.
I doubt that Darren West controls the tv stations and the newspapers,talk about an idiot.
vote

London, KY

#59 Jan 9, 2014
If politicians, would do the specified job in which they were hired and devote their time to that job alone they would have their hands full.
Most in office want to have a hand in every aspect of all offices held.

This is wrong....

So, don't say I didn't know.

Just like families members benefiting from an appointed position. When voted in office, hire people that are qualified to run positions that are needed. Don't hire family members and let them learn as they go. I think that discriminates against people that are better qualified for these jobs.
We Will See

London, KY

#60 Jan 9, 2014
Laughing wrote:
I just read the Barbourville paper and west and Lawson act like the run this town. They have a very small vote which can be over ruled by the mayor. What dumb a**
I think the Mayor's days of over ruling is just about up. West, Lawson, and the other council members are doing what the citizens of the town elected them to do. David Thompson has dominated every aspect of this town for his own benefit for years, even before he became mayor he ripped off the town under his father's administration. Yeah, he's done some good for the city, but he's done even more to line his own pockets. Dumb asses or not, West, Lawson and the others had strong enough votes to get an audit that the Mayor couldn't over rule and he won't be able to over rule what comes as a result of it either. We'll see which dumb asses are left standing in the end.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump campaign 16 min Really 10
outlaws 1 hr eighty one 18
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr IND 151,880
Who do I make complaint to about ER registratio... 2 hr tracker 10
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 2 hr smh 49
Daniel Boone entertainment 3 hr woooooo 4
Higher Property Taxes 3 hr What a mess 22

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance