wondering

Gray, KY

#21 Jan 7, 2014
top wrote:
Who gives a rats ass about if the mayor gave away a few free passes to the water park?? That's what he should do!! Who care if a project goes out to the highest bidder??? Sometimes you get why you pay for!! Who cares if he lets his wife be a manager at the water park?? The city looks better than ever!!! Just look around..... I'd say David Thompson has done a great job. Has anyone ever heard of a politician that didn't bend the rules a little or favor someone a little here and there??? Hell no!!! He is good for barbourville. Done a good job.
Raymond smith bent the rules for favors to. Everyone wanted to crucify him.
I would like to know

Somerset, KY

#22 Jan 7, 2014
Part of the audit said they hired a plumber and electrician to do work that city employees can do. Well, I guess that makes our licence worthless. I wonder how the auditer got so much power that we can order the mayor to break state law. State law, no person shall engage in the occupation of plumbing without a valid state plumbing licence. Im sure there is a simular one for electricians to, i just cant quote it.
What theives

Barbourville, KY

#23 Jan 7, 2014
I just spent 3 hours reading the audit and its amazing. Its unbelievable how much the street superintendent, mayor, and his wife have stolen from the city. Its way up in the tens of thousands, if not hundreds of thousands of dollars over the years. Stealing aluminum recycling, pop machine money, scrap metals, and even city gravel. Those are just the petty things these jokers stole. It seems like they didnt miss a a trick when ripping off the city. These jokers should be indicted. The Advocate should print the report in full next week. Read it yourself:

http://apps.auditor.ky.gov/Public/Audit_Repor...

Since: Jun 12

Lexington KY

#24 Jan 7, 2014
it is finally out. There it is residents of Barbourville. what a douchebag.
mike

London, KY

#25 Jan 7, 2014
time for them to pack up and move out!
mayor poop

Keavy, KY

#26 Jan 7, 2014
top wrote:
Who gives a rats ass about if the mayor gave away a few free passes to the water park?? That's what he should do!! Who care if a project goes out to the highest bidder??? Sometimes you get why you pay for!! Who cares if he lets his wife be a manager at the water park?? The city looks better than ever!!! Just look around..... I'd say David Thompson has done a great job. Has anyone ever heard of a politician that didn't bend the rules a little or favor someone a little here and there??? Hell no!!! He is good for barbourville. Done a good job.
you are an imbecile, go wipe the turd off that brown nose you have
jane

Manchester, KY

#27 Jan 8, 2014
top wrote:
Yep he done a good job, corn holed the whole little town. seems as if the lady straped on a 12 incher and helped hump the good folks. The rules were not bent they were bypassed and the folks were bent over and hammered.

Toledo, OH

#28 Jan 8, 2014
mayor poop wrote:
<quoted text>you are an imbecile, go wipe the turd off that brown nose you have
Brown nose?? Lol!!! I don't know him and he don't know me. Just calling it like I see it.
LOL

London, KY

#29 Jan 8, 2014
jane wrote:
<quoted text>
That is your biased opinion,.. The audit report on the issue is documented investigative facts.
Like it or lump it...still facts vs some ones opinion.
LOL is this Darren getting upset? Facts, opinions, lies... WHO CARES?! Its TOPIX. I can put anything I want on here.:))
city

London, KY

#30 Jan 8, 2014
The main thing is there was no money missing. Seriously people? Anyone in office in ANY town is going to catch hell from some dead beat cheating SOB lol He cracked me up laid back in his chair on the news lastnight looking like he had no worry in the world.. Well ive got news for him cheating people out of toys FOR CHILDREN over the internet I wont say which one but itll eventually catch up with ya buddy! ;)...
wow

London, KY

#31 Jan 8, 2014
Darren west does that? I know him personally and would never think he would be cheating people over the internet? Especially things for children. Ill have my church pray for him.
Louisville, KY

#32 Jan 8, 2014
Yea the mayor and his wife had this one coming! They both act like they do no wrong. Meanwhile the whole county knows different but what do you do? If I were them Id be ashamed to show my face in that town anymore. Then again if they are going to prison they wont have to worry bout that! Its called Karma Wendy! hahahaha!!!!
jane

London, KY

#33 Jan 8, 2014
LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL is this Darren getting upset? Facts, opinions, lies... WHO CARES?! Its TOPIX. I can put anything I want on here.:))
nope, ain't Darren, dont know Darren, just an outsider watching two inbred political factions and their family and friends throw the usual Knox County political stuff at each other. Dumb people trying to make themselves look good by putting someone else down. The facts show the mayor and his crownies have serious problems, they must address, This darren dude just has to ignore your likes and he will be fine. Right now it seems you are probably on the loosers side. You might wanna suck up to Mr. Darren while you still can.
wow

London, KY

#34 Jan 8, 2014
Cheating on his wife also? That is just unacceptable!
jane

London, KY

#35 Jan 8, 2014
wow wrote:
The auditors report did not say anything about the mayor cheating on his wife, I agree it is unacceptable.:)
Cindy

United States

#36 Jan 8, 2014
My son got pulled over by the city and gave the cop $100 and got out of his DUI
jane

London, KY

#37 Jan 8, 2014
wow wrote:
You are supposed to be at your Church, praying....remember?:)
LOL

Barbourville, KY

#38 Jan 8, 2014
city wrote:
The main thing is there was no money missing. Seriously people? Anyone in office in ANY town is going to catch hell from some dead beat cheating SOB lol He cracked me up laid back in his chair on the news lastnight looking like he had no worry in the world.. Well ive got news for him cheating people out of toys FOR CHILDREN over the internet I wont say which one but itll eventually catch up with ya buddy! ;)...
Who are you kidding, besides yourself? If you read the audit report the Thompsons and Jimmy Baker stole tens of thousands of dollars and services, if not hundreds of thousands over the years.

http://apps.auditor.ky.gov/Public/Audit_Repor...
Sam

Orlando, KY

#39 Jan 8, 2014
Street dept gravel my drive way free
Jack

Orlando, KY

#40 Jan 8, 2014
Water and elect dont send me bills as long as I give them 50 dollars

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
All will bow!!! 2 min steve 6
John G 14 min steve 4
Daniel Boone Owned Slaves, shut down the DBF! 46 min Sheep 14
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr ChromiuMan 166,385
This Mornings Sun rise .... 2 hr Amazed 2
Judge ex removing daniel boone statue ! 2 hr Bill 31
Jason gray 2 hr Bill 5
Bad wreck on 25e in front of creek market!! Sat Well 7

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages