Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912?

Aug 13, 2013 Full story: politix.topix.com 1,075

This exam was taken by middle schoolers in Bullitt County, Kentucky. The real test contained 58 questions and wasn't multiple choice.

Full Story

Since: Aug 13

Location hidden

#784 Sep 1, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>You picked Chicago lite to move to? That's a shame. There reasons the students there are so unprepared are myriad but the most glaring examples are because of the f**ked up bussing plan they've been using for years and gross misspending of funds on administration rather than education. Really,what school principle is either so screwed up they need a vice principle and/or a couple assistant principles? Just how many secretaries DOES the school board need in the information age where computers are the norm? Finally,get the politics out of education and teach those kids,require uniforms and re-institute discipline to the classroom. What many fail to realize even the BEST teachers are only as good as the students/material they are given.
All true okimar. However you could have saved yourself a lot of typing by simply saying, the Democrat Party strikes again, and again and again !
Its there

Munfordville, KY

#785 Sep 1, 2013
This is sad!
How funny

Madisonville, KY

#787 Sep 2, 2013
Those poor political obsessed crybabies continue to show how out of touch they are. It's funny how upset over the election they still are they take any thread off topic to whine. They're gonna get even worse after they lose the presidency yet again.
Cowboy Way

Russell, KY

#795 Sep 2, 2013
okimar wrote:
<quoted text>You picked Chicago lite to move to? That's a shame. There reasons the students there are so unprepared are myriad but the most glaring examples are because of the f**ked up bussing plan they've been using for years and gross misspending of funds on administration rather than education. Really,what school principle is either so screwed up they need a vice principle and/or a couple assistant principles? Just how many secretaries DOES the school board need in the information age where computers are the norm? Finally,get the politics out of education and teach those kids,require uniforms and re-institute discipline to the classroom. What many fail to realize even the BEST teachers are only as good as the students/material they are given.
. Great post!

Location hidden

#797 Sep 2, 2013
Its there wrote:
This is sad!
Ain't it the truth my friend! Never the less, welcome to the Funny Farm where the chronically maladapted frolic in the field! Please be careful not to step on the maniacs or the meadow muffins. Stepping on either will bring a bad result.

Since: Sep 13

Location hidden

#804 Sep 5, 2013
Very tough made me really think.
Whew

United States

#806 Sep 5, 2013
I googled it.....YEESH!!!
Tom

Alsip, IL

#807 Sep 6, 2013
I can't pass one now
C H Farley

Elkhorn City, KY

#808 Sep 6, 2013
Special Ed wrote:
No I went to a Pike County Board of Education School. We never had to take any test to pass 8th grade! I spent two years in 8th grade so I should know!....lol
I was Superintendent then. Children were smarter back then, and not as fat. They worked for the family to survive. Their Parents didn't take dope. There were no Doctors to hand out pills. Everyone respected their elders and each other. They lived by the Ten Commandments, and everyone feared God. I was a Great Year.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
ooo

Tompkinsville, KY

#810 Sep 6, 2013
No
Welcome to Reality

United States

#812 Sep 6, 2013
C H Farley wrote:
<quoted text>
I was Superintendent then. Children were smarter back then, and not as fat. They worked for the family to survive. Their Parents didn't take dope. There were no Doctors to hand out pills. Everyone respected their elders and each other. They lived by the Ten Commandments, and everyone feared God. I was a Great Year.
Those "Great Years" of religious fanatics like yourself being able to force your archaic superstitions into our education system are over. That is one of the only improvements that have been made in our schools!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
lol

Bowling Green, KY

#813 Sep 6, 2013
hoax
Woof woof

United States

#814 Sep 6, 2013
Hey I passed it!
Ate the SOB, shit the floor and there it lays!
The Dude

United States

#815 Sep 6, 2013
Welcome to Reality wrote:
<quoted text>Those "Great Years" of religious fanatics like yourself being able to force your archaic superstitions into our education system are over. That is one of the only improvements that have been made in our schools!
Great statement!!!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
SYL

Ashland, KY

#816 Sep 6, 2013
Welcome to Reality wrote:
<quoted text>
Those "Great Years" of religious fanatics like yourself being able to force your archaic superstitions into our education system are over. That is one of the only improvements that have been made in our schools!
You are wrong. Religion WAS NOT and IS NOT forced on anyone. You went to church, if you wanted to go. If you didn't go,no one forced or tried to behead you for it.[Like it will be here soon]
My grandparents went to church when they could get there.{not many had automobiles back then.} My parents didn't go to church much after they became young adults, and they didn't force us kids to go. They decided to go regular after they became older. No one threatend or forced them to go.
Now same with me,I never went much till I had a child with serious health problems.
I never forced my kids to go, but did take them with me when I went . But now they go on their own,because they WANT to, not because they are forced.
When did you get the ideal that the christian religion was ever forced on anyone.
You are mixed up on religions. It's not the Christian Religion that forces people into religion,it's the Islamic Religion that forces it's people into their religion.
Yes, we wanted our children to grow knowing it was better to act decent, not kill or steal, illicit sex practice's and not do drugs. Is that what you think is the best way for your children to live and die? How terrible for children today....

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“A proud Kentuckian ”

At Your Mama's House

#818 Sep 6, 2013
SYL wrote:
<quoted text>
You are wrong. Religion WAS NOT and IS NOT forced on anyone. You went to church, if you wanted to go. If you didn't go,no one forced or tried to behead you for it.[Like it will be here soon]
My grandparents went to church when they could get there.{not many had automobiles back then.} My parents didn't go to church much after they became young adults, and they didn't force us kids to go. They decided to go regular after they became older. No one threatend or forced them to go.
Now same with me,I never went much till I had a child with serious health problems.
I never forced my kids to go, but did take them with me when I went . But now they go on their own,because they WANT to, not because they are forced.
When did you get the ideal that the christian religion was ever forced on anyone.
You are mixed up on religions. It's not the Christian Religion that forces people into religion,it's the Islamic Religion that forces it's people into their religion.
Yes, we wanted our children to grow knowing it was better to act decent, not kill or steal, illicit sex practice's and not do drugs. Is that what you think is the best way for your children to live and die? How terrible for children today....
I guess you haven't heard of the various schools around the country teaching creationism as a "science". Walked though a school during Christmas season? Those aren't Buddhist decorations.
Nor have you walked down any main street during the Christmas holidays. No, I am not talking about shop owners decorating their individual storefronts (as is their right). I am talking about city funds used to decorate for a specific religious holiday.
As A non-Christian, I can attest that Christianity is shoved down our throats daily.
I don't need to threaten my children with eternal punishment to teach them right from wrong.
The Christian religion hasn't exactly a great record of producing moral examples.(inquisition, pedophile priests, witch hunts, Jim Jones....ect)

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Welcome to Reality

United States

#819 Sep 6, 2013
Newport Guy wrote:
<quoted text>
I guess you haven't heard of the various schools around the country teaching creationism as a "science". Walked though a school during Christmas season? Those aren't Buddhist decorations.
Nor have you walked down any main street during the Christmas holidays. No, I am not talking about shop owners decorating their individual storefronts (as is their right). I am talking about city funds used to decorate for a specific religious holiday.
As A non-Christian, I can attest that Christianity is shoved down our throats daily.
I don't need to threaten my children with eternal punishment to teach them right from wrong.
The Christian religion hasn't exactly a great record of producing moral examples.(inquisition, pedophile priests, witch hunts, Jim Jones....ect)
Well said, Newport Guy. I really don't have the patience to respond to naive people like SYL anymore. I've looked back at his other comments and notice they're all just long winded, rambling nonsense.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Turtle Man

Madisonville, KY

#820 Sep 6, 2013
Wooo0000 weeeeeeee LIVE ACTION
i doubt

London, KY

#821 Sep 7, 2013
that i could lol
Bane

Madisonville, KY

#822 Sep 7, 2013
The ones judging are humorless airheads.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
what happen on the creek ambulances an law is u... 8 min parent 4
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 33 min ChromiuMan 131,873
from someone that cared 1 hr carous 1
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 2 hr lol 7
Porsche mills 3 hr Well.... 24
Need food badly 6 hr Nope 43
truck payments 6 hr gator for office 14
To the Garland family 11 hr Well.... 3
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE