Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912?

Aug 13, 2013 | Posted by: TopMod15 | Full story: politix.topix.com

This exam was taken by middle schoolers in Bullitt County, Kentucky. The real test contained 58 questions and wasn't multiple choice.

Comments
381 - 400 of 1,031 Comments Last updated 15 hrs ago
its

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Hyden is Lying wrote:
<quoted text>
He's also lying about the stock market situation. It's currently "inching higher". Good news for the economy is always bad news for Obama haters...http://www.dailyfinan ce.com/market-news/
real easy to prove you .the mkts are down on ever mkt the dow.is 177.33 down today SNP down Buns down.oil 108 up 2.22 you are .any body can check this out.what a brain you are.
here

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Link wrote:
<quoted text>
Please provide the link with that information. Thanks .
your link its called a tv remote just push the manbc or fox mkt watch. and it in plain sight.the mkts has fell today two months.and the futures is looking for even more when they open at 9.oc in the morning.oil has went up today 2.98 cents on the barrel .that about 18 cents on the gallon at the pump.within the next two weeks.gold was higher .all metals will go up.and food.the mkts are in a decline watch them for your self.
On the mark

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

here wrote:
<quoted text>your link its called a tv remote just push the manbc or fox mkt watch. and it in plain sight.the mkts has fell today two months.and the futures is looking for even more when they open at 9.oc in the morning.oil has went up today 2.98 cents on the barrel .that about 18 cents on the gallon at the pump.within the next two weeks.gold was higher .all metals will go up.and food.the mkts are in a decline watch them for your self.
Your theory makes more perfect sense than many of these naysayers want to, or are able to admit. We as mere citizens have little inside information into what is going on with this country or overseas. It's the movers and shakers, the ones with contacts and billions invested, who get the skinny of what's on the horizon and they get that information much sooner than we as the peons of society ever will. We are the backbone of this nation, yet they are the true muscle. We do the grunt work, they reap the rewards.

The stock market is and always has been a dead giveaway when something is looming. I am intrigued by your insight and honestly amazed that there are a couple of people out here who honestly understand the true underbellies of politics, along with how far the intestines can stretch once you slit them open. Once those intestines are in a straight line and laying wide, many of you would be surprised at the stench emanating from within the feces of political and corporate corruption.

There are growing number of us out here who are not taking what the media spoon feeds us as fact any longer. Watch the stock market even if you don't have a portfolio. You'll put it all together in time.

Well said and extremely well thought out, user named "Here".

<Standing up, applauding user "Here">
well

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

aint it the truth LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL...so true...but they still don't get it. They will just repeat what Rachael Madcow tells them to say. That's how they roll. Is is funny but it's kind of sad how stupid they are and what their stupidity does to their kids lives. Oh well! lmao
It is sad, as they blindly follow the democratic line, and talk in circles, constantly bringing up rush limbaugh sean hannity, both guys I rarely listen to. But their favorite trying to make some cutesy insult with the word tea or tea bag in it. They constantly show a lack of critical thinking, and also a severe lack of originality.
por

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

No
problem

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Link wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok. You can't substantiate your claims. Thanks for clearing that up.
is. you cannot recognize it when you see it.
if you

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

Link wrote:
<quoted text>
How many names do you post as under that Hyden, KY location? Did you even graduate elementary school? You shouldn't be surprised when people question the substance of someone that doesn't even know that sentences start with capital letters. A fact is a fact. A fact is proven by evidence. Evidence that you have continually refused to provide.
not got the brains to understand .i can not help that but its no shock you or her never did .why would it change now.
MrFisHroy

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

problem wrote:
<quoted text>is. you cannot recognize it when you see it.
Someone from eastern Kentucky giving english lesson's? WTF
its

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

jut a couple that cant face true facts.they been around long time they go from on to another judging their on comments all these judgement's are coming from the same two.their name are gy. yo.
tommy

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

The first answer is 12.5%. I couldnít answer the other questions because I donít have a Facebook account. Here are some typical questions all Harlan County 8th graders can answer. First Iíll ask the questions, and then see if you can get the answers. I may be wrong, so please check my work. These are just typical questions a person from Harlan might receive.

GEOGRAPHY:

1. Name the largest Island in the World?
2. What is the capitol city of Burkina Faso?
3. In what country is the Ob River found?
4. How tall is Mt. Everest in feet?
5. What is the smallest Canton in Switzerland?

MATH:(calculators are permitted)

1. A certain element decays from 1000g to 500g in 8 days; at what rate is the element decaying? Please give answer to 3 decimal places!
2. What is the 2nd derivative of sin(x)?
3. A sphere has a radius of 3000 miles: what is the volume of the sphere?
4. The area of a circle is pi times the radius squared. A certain circle has an initial radius of 100 ft. and is increasing at 30 ft. per second. How fast is the area of the circle growing?
5. If I put 100 dollars in the bank and the interest in compounding instantaneously at 3% annually, how much money will I have by the end of the year?

Answers:

1. Greenland
2. Ouagadougou
3. Russia
4. 29,028 feet
5. Zug

Math:

1.-.087g
2.-sin(x)
3. 37, 699, 111 cubic miles
4. 18,849.556 feet per second
5. 103.05 dollars
tommy

Mclean, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

I made one error. Can you tell me which one I got wrong. An 8th grader from Harlan could tell me?
hahaha

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

What wrote:
<quoted text>
What are you even talking about?? Is English your first language???
ha hahahaha.u r not y's..
thanks

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

On the mark wrote:
<quoted text>
Your theory makes more perfect sense than many of these naysayers want to, or are able to admit. We as mere citizens have little inside information into what is going on with this country or overseas. It's the movers and shakers, the ones with contacts and billions invested, who get the skinny of what's on the horizon and they get that information much sooner than we as the peons of society ever will. We are the backbone of this nation, yet they are the true muscle. We do the grunt work, they reap the rewards.
The stock market is and always has been a dead giveaway when something is looming. I am intrigued by your insight and honestly amazed that there are a couple of people out here who honestly understand the true underbellies of politics, along with how far the intestines can stretch once you slit them open. Once those intestines are in a straight line and laying wide, many of you would be surprised at the stench emanating from within the feces of political and corporate corruption.
There are growing number of us out here who are not taking what the media spoon feeds us as fact any longer. Watch the stock market even if you don't have a portfolio. You'll put it all together in time.
Well said and extremely well thought out, user named "Here".
<Standing up, applauding user "Here">
the mkt. has always predicted whats shortly ahead when you know how read it.watch the middle east action.and then watch the mkt's now the usa. only gets 10% of its oil from their but here the thing if trouble begins and threatens the canal.then most other big nations like china Indiana and Germany gets most their oil from their,so these big oil co. here will raise the prices and sell oil from here to them .then the people here will pay the same price as them nations over seas'e do.its going up.it jumped 309 just today.so that tell you they going be big trouble in the middle east.with the mkts not investing heavy in that part the region .they are falling fast.these big boys know whats going be going on.and you can tell by the way they invest.its like tomorrow news paper.
hunter snelling

Murray, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

any one could if they study history
thats

Hyden, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2013

Judged:

hunter snelling wrote:
any one could if they study history
another good way.what has been will be again.
Hyden posts are Bizarre

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Link wrote:
<quoted text>
How many names do you post as under that Hyden, KY location? Did you even graduate elementary school? You shouldn't be surprised when people question the substance of someone that doesn't even know that sentences start with capital letters. A fact is a fact. A fact is proven by evidence. Evidence that you have continually refused to provide.
The person with the Hyden, Ky proxy pretty much lives on this thread and repeats himself a lot. I'm not sure if he's mentally challenged, uneducated or maybe just a confused elderly person. Judging by the way he writes, he may be just as confused trying to process what others write, so he can't reply on point. Either way, it's a waste of time expecting to have a rational discussion with him.
MrFisHroy

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

OR maybe a waste of time period on Topix?
A space cadet started the thing to begin with.
well

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

believe a cracker wrote:
<quoted text>
you cant respond, you simply can not respond. when someone paints you into a corner (like you do others) you don't know what to do with me?
Why the need to repeat yourself? Where you trying to type and pull your panties out of a wad at the same time?
What to do with you? Dude, I'm a guy, I dont want to do anything with you.... weirdo!

Since: Feb 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Temper, temper.
>
You boys should learn how to be nice.
>
>
BB might bop you in the eye if your not good.
>
WinKERS!!_{:
Hyden posts as Bizarre

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2013

Judged:

Link wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah, it's said how some people take this site so seriously they spend all day and stay up all night with it. With all the posting Hyden does, you'd think he'd be able to write properly. I see that his buddy from Someset has already come to defend him. Their locations are always the same. They're not fooling anyone by changing usernames with every single post.
The political trolls will never get over losing the election. That's why they hijack threads like this that don't even have anything to do with politics. Funny how the Munfordville troll who uses one of Rush Limbaugh's favorite kiddy names, Dirty Harry Reid, claims locations don't matter. But, when you have the same unique for Owensboro locations saying the same partisan political nonsense again and again the same day, it's pretty obvious. Especially obvious with the Hyden troll that's barely literate. I've seen it's best to just let them change names all day and agree with each all they want. The more they post, the more ridicolous they make themselves look.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 min DITCH MITCH 150,094
KJB marriage straight from the bible!! Marriage... 27 min IronHammer 8
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr pusherman_ 130,289
Pull an absess tooth? is that dangerous (Sep '08) 1 hr Dental Assistant 41
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 2 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,475
Johnnie Mcgegor at csc 2 hr Big fan 3
Lesb or Bi 2 hr Good time Sally 2

Search the Barbourville Forum:
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••