Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912?

Aug 13, 2013 | Posted by: TopMod15 | Full story: politix.topix.com

This exam was taken by middle schoolers in Bullitt County, Kentucky. The real test contained 58 questions and wasn't multiple choice.

Comments
321 - 340 of 1,017 Comments Last updated 1 hr ago
believe a cracker

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Mary wrote:
Here's the link to the test, AGAIN. Still waiting for someone to take it and post your answers HERE. Bet NOBODY can answer more than ONE question. just proves that Owensboro is full of idiots.
http://es.redskins.com/topic/369242-1912-8th-...
its a virus, nice try a$$clown!
believe a cracker

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

when you people cant win a decent debate you resort to name calling , filibustering, and now the all time low of providing a link with an embedded virus?
why are YOU so scared of rational thought?
believe a cracker

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2013

Judged:

Mary has NO FRIENDS wrote:
So...basically, the only time you're not trolling topix is when you're asleep. What a miserable person you are!
why does rational thought upset you so much?
The Dude

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR! LIAR LIAR.
The answers are not even given so how could you possibly know that you only got one wrong.
Post your answers HERE and we will grade you.
You such a damn idiot yes after you answer each question it shows you if it's right or wrong and at the end it gives you a letter grade so I'm done with your stupid ass go to hell and get a life you stupid idiot
Mary

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You such a damn idiot yes after you answer each question it shows you if it's right or wrong and at the end it gives you a letter grade so I'm done with your stupid ass go to hell and get a life you stupid idiot
One of the questions is
When electing a president and vice president, how many electoral votes are allowed PER STATE ?
Are you saying you even know what electoral votes are, let alone EVERY STATES electoral votes ?
I think very few politians even know the electoral votes except for the largest states.
How many points did you give yourself for the answer to this question ?
WWmadmadflo onFIshROy

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

back then each stste had the same amount of elec. vote's, NEXT?
Mary

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

WWmadmadflo onFIshROy wrote:
back then each stste had the same amount of elec. vote's, NEXT?
WRONG! WRONG WRONG.

Google it or check this link, the map shows the electoral votes for each state in 1912.
Very different from todays electoral votes, but NOT the same for each state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_pr...
The Dude

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>One of the questions is
When electing a president and vice president, how many electoral votes are allowed PER STATE ?
Are you saying you even know what electoral votes are, let alone EVERY STATES electoral votes ?
I think very few politians even know the electoral votes except for the largest states.
I honestly did not have that question
Mary

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly did not have that question
Ok, so post a link to the test that you took. I keep posting the link to the VERY DIFFICULT test that I am talking about. Everyone says they aced the test but NOBODY will post their answers. Ther is NO WAY that people on this site could even answer a few of the questions.
believe a cracker

Leitchfield, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so post a link to the test that you took. I keep posting the link to the VERY DIFFICULT test that I am talking about. Everyone says they aced the test but NOBODY will post their answers. Ther is NO WAY that people on this site could even answer a few of the questions.
VIRUS/ADVERTISEMENT you putrid waste of human flesh!
debate facts, there is no need for a link. why have someone speak for you? engage in pure debate.
you cant, and wont!
kold Kash

Madisonville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

IF it won't pay the bill's Who need's it?
haa

Essie, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the questions is
all you got to do is google that the way all college do their test now days.a calculator and a computer and plenty of money, is a guarantee that you can be a certified fool in any field in america.take them away they just a average person like a 8th grader. or less. in many cases.

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 24, 2013

Judged:

Seems you must have a FB account to participate. The first question was easy. It would be what an 8th grade student of today should know. Was simple math.
maybe so

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

Yes wrote:
I can!
I'll bet you,you better know the bible pretty good before saying that!!!In 1912 this country actually believed in GOD!!!
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Goethe wrote:
Seems you must have a FB account to participate. The first question was easy. It would be what an 8th grade student of today should know. Was simple math.
Yeah,the math was rather simple on the eighth grade test I Googled from 1912.However,deciphering the wording on exactly how the math problems should be worked proved to be rather difficult.
In short,it seemed that one's reading comprehension needed to be sharper than his mathematics skills in order to pass the math tests of the era.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

I am betting that neither the survivors nor those that drowned on April 15th of that year were very much concerned about passing the 8th grade.
Buddha

Bangkok, Thailand

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

The number of electoral votes for each state is the number of congressional representatives (apportioned based on population) plus the number of senators (2 per state)from that state. So the answer to that question is the same today as it was then, "The total number of senators and representatives from that state". The test does not ask you to list how many electoral votes each state gets. The definition is in the constitution and every middle school child was expected to know it. I assumed that every student was still required to learn this basic piece of citizenship, but the public schools have apparently slipped even further than I knew, based on the comments above.
well

Harrodsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

lol wrote:
Kentucky's education system is a joke.
and you can thank the democrats for it
pollyanna

Westminster, MD

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

maybe so wrote:
<quoted text>I'll bet you,you better know the bible pretty good before saying that!!!In 1912 this country actually believed in GOD!!!
People also used to believe the world was flat, you superstitious nitwit!
hollerrat

Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 25, 2013

Judged:

well lets examine the evidence, democrats have controlled the state of ky since Lincoln was assassinated, how can you blame republicans for the failures of the state government here, sounds like claiming George w bush is responsible for the democrats wrecking the economy in 2008 prepostereous

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 19 min sure 146,736
whats wrong with stephanie Mills from gregory l... 2 hr lucky guess 4
Melissa Collett (May '12) 5 hr Lol at that face 72
Anthony Smith 6 hr Antny 10
Any couples into SCAT??? 6 hr guss 14
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 6 hr chinwendu1 128,869
threesomes (May '11) 7 hr Fatcat 29
Marlena cox 8 hr Old friend 34
Elmer at Creek mart 9 hr lmao 8
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 17 hr sheila 420
•••
•••
•••