Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912?

Aug 13, 2013 Full story: politix.topix.com 1,075

This exam was taken by middle schoolers in Bullitt County, Kentucky. The real test contained 58 questions and wasn't multiple choice.

Full Story
believe a cracker

Lebanon, KY

#522 Aug 23, 2013
when you people cant win a decent debate you resort to name calling , filibustering, and now the all time low of providing a link with an embedded virus?
why are YOU so scared of rational thought?
believe a cracker

Lebanon, KY

#523 Aug 23, 2013
Mary has NO FRIENDS wrote:
So...basically, the only time you're not trolling topix is when you're asleep. What a miserable person you are!
why does rational thought upset you so much?
The Dude

Alexandria, VA

#528 Aug 24, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>LIAR! LIAR LIAR.
The answers are not even given so how could you possibly know that you only got one wrong.
Post your answers HERE and we will grade you.
You such a damn idiot yes after you answer each question it shows you if it's right or wrong and at the end it gives you a letter grade so I'm done with your stupid ass go to hell and get a life you stupid idiot
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#531 Aug 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
You such a damn idiot yes after you answer each question it shows you if it's right or wrong and at the end it gives you a letter grade so I'm done with your stupid ass go to hell and get a life you stupid idiot
One of the questions is
When electing a president and vice president, how many electoral votes are allowed PER STATE ?
Are you saying you even know what electoral votes are, let alone EVERY STATES electoral votes ?
I think very few politians even know the electoral votes except for the largest states.
How many points did you give yourself for the answer to this question ?
WWmadmadflo onFIshROy

Madisonville, KY

#532 Aug 24, 2013
back then each stste had the same amount of elec. vote's, NEXT?
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#533 Aug 24, 2013
WWmadmadflo onFIshROy wrote:
back then each stste had the same amount of elec. vote's, NEXT?
WRONG! WRONG WRONG.

Google it or check this link, the map shows the electoral votes for each state in 1912.
Very different from todays electoral votes, but NOT the same for each state.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_pr...
The Dude

Ashland, KY

#535 Aug 24, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>One of the questions is
When electing a president and vice president, how many electoral votes are allowed PER STATE ?
Are you saying you even know what electoral votes are, let alone EVERY STATES electoral votes ?
I think very few politians even know the electoral votes except for the largest states.
How many points did you give yourself for the answer to this question ?
I honestly did not have that question
Mary

Lady Lake, FL

#538 Aug 24, 2013
The Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
I honestly did not have that question
Ok, so post a link to the test that you took. I keep posting the link to the VERY DIFFICULT test that I am talking about. Everyone says they aced the test but NOBODY will post their answers. Ther is NO WAY that people on this site could even answer a few of the questions.
believe a cracker

Columbia, KY

#539 Aug 24, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so post a link to the test that you took. I keep posting the link to the VERY DIFFICULT test that I am talking about. Everyone says they aced the test but NOBODY will post their answers. Ther is NO WAY that people on this site could even answer a few of the questions.
VIRUS/ADVERTISEMENT you putrid waste of human flesh!
debate facts, there is no need for a link. why have someone speak for you? engage in pure debate.
you cant, and wont!
kold Kash

Madisonville, KY

#540 Aug 24, 2013
IF it won't pay the bill's Who need's it?
haa

Hyden, KY

#541 Aug 24, 2013
Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the questions is
When electing a president and vice president, how many electoral votes are allowed PER STATE ?
Are you saying you even know what electoral votes are, let alone EVERY STATES electoral votes ?
I think very few politians even know the electoral votes except for the largest states.
How many points did you give yourself for the answer to this question ?
all you got to do is google that the way all college do their test now days.a calculator and a computer and plenty of money, is a guarantee that you can be a certified fool in any field in america.take them away they just a average person like a 8th grader. or less. in many cases.

“Cogito ergo sum”

Since: Jan 13

Location hidden

#542 Aug 24, 2013
Seems you must have a FB account to participate. The first question was easy. It would be what an 8th grade student of today should know. Was simple math.
maybe so

Morehead, KY

#543 Aug 25, 2013
Yes wrote:
I can!
I'll bet you,you better know the bible pretty good before saying that!!!In 1912 this country actually believed in GOD!!!
spartan

Louisville, KY

#544 Aug 25, 2013
Goethe wrote:
Seems you must have a FB account to participate. The first question was easy. It would be what an 8th grade student of today should know. Was simple math.
Yeah,the math was rather simple on the eighth grade test I Googled from 1912.However,deciphering the wording on exactly how the math problems should be worked proved to be rather difficult.
In short,it seemed that one's reading comprehension needed to be sharper than his mathematics skills in order to pass the math tests of the era.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

#545 Aug 25, 2013
I am betting that neither the survivors nor those that drowned on April 15th of that year were very much concerned about passing the 8th grade.
Buddha

Bangkok, Thailand

#546 Aug 25, 2013
The number of electoral votes for each state is the number of congressional representatives (apportioned based on population) plus the number of senators (2 per state)from that state. So the answer to that question is the same today as it was then, "The total number of senators and representatives from that state". The test does not ask you to list how many electoral votes each state gets. The definition is in the constitution and every middle school child was expected to know it. I assumed that every student was still required to learn this basic piece of citizenship, but the public schools have apparently slipped even further than I knew, based on the comments above.
well

Harrodsburg, KY

#547 Aug 25, 2013
lol wrote:
Kentucky's education system is a joke.
and you can thank the democrats for it
pollyanna

United States

#548 Aug 25, 2013
maybe so wrote:
<quoted text>I'll bet you,you better know the bible pretty good before saying that!!!In 1912 this country actually believed in GOD!!!
People also used to believe the world was flat, you superstitious nitwit!
hollerrat

Hazard, KY

#551 Aug 25, 2013
well lets examine the evidence, democrats have controlled the state of ky since Lincoln was assassinated, how can you blame republicans for the failures of the state government here, sounds like claiming George w bush is responsible for the democrats wrecking the economy in 2008 prepostereous
Points

Madisonville, KY

#553 Aug 25, 2013
IT keep's arguing the same point over & over
hoping for a different result?
TEXT BOOK INSANITY!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor candidate Gary Williams Trash Talking oth... 21 min Elder abuse 38
who will you vote for as jailer 29 min County Worker 58
Durenda Lawson Lundy (god) she thanks (Mar '11) 58 min worn out 35
Corbin's alchol sales bring in another big busi... 1 hr odd to me 5
union 1 hr homeless 1
Has Rabbit and Jm fell out ? 1 hr Needle eye 5
What has JM Hall done for Knox County ? 1 hr Trigger51 2
who got arrested at bville walmart? Tue Ky Resident 4
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]