Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912?

Aug 13, 2013 | Posted by: TopMod15 | Full story: politix.topix.com

This exam was taken by middle schoolers in Bullitt County, Kentucky. The real test contained 58 questions and wasn't multiple choice.

Comments (Page 14)

Showing posts 261 - 280 of918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
yep

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

TOW wrote:
<quoted text>
Breitbart preys on the weak and feeble-minded by telling them they are intelligent and well-informed.
Good point. The same goes for the right wing talk radio hosts and Fox News Channel. It's an entire market catering to close minded people who want nothing more than their opinions feed back to them. I remember one neocon poster wrote Fox News was superior because of their ratings. WWE wrestling and the Kardashians have high ratings also...lol
SYL

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

okimar wrote:
<quoted text>The Progressive plans for the past century are coming to fruition..... Each generation is becoming increasingly miseducated and more dependent. The Conservative individual holdouts and the Elite left will be the only ones able to chart their own destinies. Most others will resemble the masses of the left today. Blithering idjits knowing/thinking/saying nothing unless it came from some Gov't planning committee.
Considering how your post was judged, The dummy down program of young Americans has worked.
I don't know why my posts show flatwoods I'm not from flatwoods, but close. Grayson, Ky.
LOL

Owensboro, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

I think posters like the Flatwoods person with all the name changes, okimar and Le Jimbo are shining examples of the dumbing down of people and low and misinformation voters.
Mary

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

test wrote:
any test on earth put it on any table i can pass it.no problem at all.
This thread is about a TEST, not your political views. Stay on track, idiots.
So here's the test. take it. Post your answers here. I don't think any of you morons can pass it.

http://es.redskins.com/topic/369242-1912-8th-...
I doubt it

Jonesborough, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

I have a BA,and am well on my way to a Masters degree; I looked at the test, and I doubt I can pass it! This does make a statment about modern education. I can't spell without the aid of spellcheck, I consider myself good at math (regular math), however I find useing a calculator the easy way. Remember in 1912, if you graduated 8th grade you could get certified to teach grades 1-7! My Grandfather was very proud that he graduated 8th grade (a bit before 1912), I thought that was funny, I'm not laughing now!
Really Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Back in 1912 if you passed the 8th grade you could become a teacher so it must not be to hard.
liposuctionLucy

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

I can't help where my proxy server is. Don't know why it says Lady Lake.
Get back to the topic...Did you take the test or not ?
liposuctionLucy

Ocala, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Really Really wrote:
Back in 1912 if you passed the 8th grade you could become a teacher so it must not be to hard.
Well, LOOK at the test, take it and tell us your answers. You will not be able to answer ONE question.
Here's the test.

Really Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

just took it and only missed two of the questions.
whoknows

Versailles, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Education standards used to be more stringent. People quit school earlier if they weren't academically inclined. Schools now are more or less babysitting services.

My Grandmother completed HS in Burnside in 1932. From her level and descriptions, she was more advanced than most college grads today.
Really Really wrote:

“I'm not the Reds pitcher”

Since: Jun 13

Hick town, USA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Not a problem but I'm a 20 years of schooling and they put you on the day shift kind if guy.
SYL

Ashland, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

fatbacks x wrote:
At least in 1912, the the population of decendents of criminal and mentally deranged immigrints was a hell of a lot lower. With the new fed reserve on board we went from big time killing our own citizens to loading up the boats to go kill worldwide, all with the blessings and backing from wallstreet.A hundred years of indoctrination and techonology has made it possible and agreeable for us to wear a infered camera in our a---s. And most likely, happily pay for the app.
I went to school in the 50's and I don't remember a test like that.
Doll

Monticello, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

All they want is access to your friends list on FB.
Apenas cruzado

Madison, TN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

I just made it past eighth grade. So if it is in Spanish I think I can pass.
Ancient Wolf

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 17, 2013

Judged:

Congratulations. You get a cerveza.
all over

Clay City, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

Common Core will ensure they will not be cable of passing a 2012 8th grade test 10 years from now.
Paul C

Oak Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
This thread is about a TEST, not your political views. Stay on track, idiots.
So here's the test. take it. Post your answers here. I don't think any of you morons can pass it.
I can.
resident

Franklin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

I got 10 of 12. The ones I missed were ridiculous. "Decline "I""? WTF does that even mean? Maybe decline has an old meaning, but it has long since been forgotten.
oh paleeze

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

LOL wrote:
<quoted text>
The test was from 1912, you dunce! Have you ever ever made a comment that was on topic?!?
Are you STILL trying to police what people can talk about on topix? Do you not have any control or authority powers in your home? Is that why you constantly try to control people on topix? lol How's that working for you, wannabe cop? lmao
not easy

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 18, 2013

Judged:

I took the test and missed two - the one about the "decline 1" or whatever and one other. I know school was a lot harder in 1912. My grandmother graduated from college in 1906 and she was brilliant. The school system now is not as rigid and the standards are not nearly as high. You are dumb and you know nothing of history if you think school was easy in 1912 in our country.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 261 - 280 of918
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

32 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 11 min Commietator 138,306
Would love to have a female to HUG and SNUGGLE ... 12 min gator 5
Chief Deputy Derek Eubanks... (Jan '12) 29 min michelle 916
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr angela 122,516
Who would make a great mayor? 3 hr WTF 74
can u apply for food stamps online 3 hr guss 28
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 3 hr sPam 81,188
Eight arrested in Knox drug roundup... 9 hr your screwed 9
•••

Freeze Warning for Knox County was issued at April 16 at 3:24AM EDT

•••
•••
•••