Former Adipex User

Madisonville, KY

#23 Jan 23, 2010
I started taking them in January of last year at a weight of almost 400lbs. I took them for 3 months losing nearly 55lbs During that time. I got in a Habit of what to eat, stop taking them for 3 months and still lost and Additional 40lbs. I went back on them in July took them 3 more months and work even harder losing 70lbs this time. I am happier than ever. I am maintaining my weight and never had any problem. If I took them with Coffee or had to much caffeine I did have lots of Energy. But there not candy as some people take them to stay awake and all and they are not for people who have heart problems or BP problems. They can work if you Diet and exercise with them.

London, KY

#24 Jan 24, 2010
travis wrote:
do thay work ive put on alot of weight sent i had work done on my knees
I loss 25 pounds in 2 months, so yeah they work. I ate 3 small meals a day NO sweets or soda, they really stop the cravings, it wasnt like speed at all and they arent addictive.
Fatty

London, KY

#25 Jan 24, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I loss 25 pounds in 2 months, so yeah they work. I ate 3 small meals a day NO sweets or soda, they really stop the cravings, it wasnt like speed at all and they arent addictive.
Yes, they are addictive. They are not for long term use!
get it right

United States

#26 Jan 24, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
You are 100 million percent wrong on the addiction part, adipex is one of the most addictive pills out there...I used to work at a place where bone rail thin people would give up to 7 bucks a pill for them from overweight people. If you can mentally and physically become addictive to a chemical then it is an addictive drug.

However, for those of you without an addictive personality then it would be a good drug to lose weight, just listen to post #23 "former adipex loser" stay mentally focused and do it.

One more thing, when you are feeling depressed over your weight and become ready to lose it, sometimes adipex makes you feel better (euphoria) that is just a side effect...and it will sometimes distract you from your goal to lose weight and then you just eat normally and won't stay focused on your weight loss, so watch out for that and good luck!
get it right

United States

#27 Jan 24, 2010
guest wrote:
<quoted text>
I wasn't trying to be a smartass to you or call you a liar, I actually commend you for being a strong person without an addictive personality, I just don't want those that do have one to get the wrong idea and information about this drug...I have a close friend where I used to work who became extremely addicted and almost killed herself from Adipex/Phentermine. It is an amphetamine so it is addictive!

More Info:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adipex#Contraind...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amphetamine
loser

Pineville, KY

#28 Jan 24, 2010
I have lost about 60 lbs in a year. I took adipex for a while and they worked really good if I exercised while taking them. They were a good help to jump start my weight loss. i have been off of them for about 3 months now and am currently losing weight pretty fast by just dieting and exercising a lot. When I first quit taking them I gained about 20 lbs back but that was during the holidays and everyone was always making candy and its hard for me to say no to hamemade candy. lol
lmao

Mitchell, IN

#29 Jan 29, 2010
People kill me who get on here and act like they just know it all.. I would like to make two statements:First, you absolutly can get more that 30-45, I personally get 60 and I don't go to a fat doctor I go to my family doctor.Second, adipex may have side effects but thats only if you take the medicine for a long time, read the damn paper that comes with the medicine, for crying out loud. If adipex sent you to the hospital twice then I know it could have not had a effect on you that quick and obviously your just a hypercondriact.Third, I would love to know the place that sells thirty for twelve bucks because I know better than that!! They are over fourty dollars no matter where you go,and btw they just recently increased the price of them at pharmacy in the past two or three months, if you dont believe me call Rit Aide in B'ville. Know it all that know nithing!!!!!!!!lmfao
lmao

Mitchell, IN

#30 Jan 29, 2010
And also I forgot to say, adipex has risks but so does everything!!Omg, tylenol has risk, and all medicines out there has risk and side effects. Being over weight is just as bad on one's heart as adipex, and if the adipex was so bad and this and that then they wouldnt even be aloud to be on the market!!!! YOu think the makers of adipex are willing to be sued and take such a risk??Give me a break, know it all!!!!!!!! Seems like being a know it all would damage your brain, Ie:over load of knowledge causing it to explode!! Lol
Susie

Somerset, KY

#31 Jan 30, 2010
lmao wrote:
And also I forgot to say, adipex has risks but so does everything!!Omg, tylenol has risk, and all medicines out there has risk and side effects. Being over weight is just as bad on one's heart as adipex, and if the adipex was so bad and this and that then they wouldnt even be aloud to be on the market!!!! YOu think the makers of adipex are willing to be sued and take such a risk??Give me a break, know it all!!!!!!!! Seems like being a know it all would damage your brain, Ie:over load of knowledge causing it to explode!! Lol
I think drug companies don't care if they hurt us or not it's all about the money. The company that makes Adipex does not want to be sued but if they do get sued they don't really care that much because by that time they have made a ton of money from Adipex sales and they probably expect they will hurt a few people and have a few lawsuites that will no where near match what they have made from selling Adipex. All drugs have side effects just make sure to do your own research and know what you are getting into.
LMAO AT U

United States

#32 Jan 31, 2010
lmao wrote:
Apparently it does damage your brain yours just exploded all over topix...hehehe and you call others the know it all, UNBELIEVABLE DUMBASS!!!
LMAO AT U

United States

#33 Jan 31, 2010
Susie wrote:
<quoted text>
I think drug companies don't care if they hurt us or not it's all about the money. The company that makes Adipex does not want to be sued but if they do get sued they don't really care that much because by that time they have made a ton of money from Adipex sales and they probably expect they will hurt a few people and have a few lawsuites that will no where near match what they have made from selling Adipex. All drugs have side effects just make sure to do your own research and know what you are getting into.
You are exactly right Susie, they just recalled Depakote(maybe misspelled), that drug has been around for years and years. If people don't believe that there is a marketing scheme with drug companies, then they are completely ignorant. Yes, if the FDA approves them, then they have passed the regulations....but how they pass them is the question, not all companies follow proper protocol. However, as long as they have proof they did it will take a significant amount of time and a large amount of people effected with the same symptoms before they link the problems with the pill, therefore taking action. Still yet, just like you said, by then they don't care because they have done made triple quadrillions lol!

Now To lmao....I don't know it all but I do know this...my child was born with problems from a drug the hospital gave me during pregnancy and the lawyers walked us through the entire cycle of how these things work. Next time I'll ask him to take it slow before my head explodes, so thanks for the warning.
kay

Manchester, KY

#35 Nov 8, 2010
i'm not even over weight and i was able to get them in TN...but i'm not sure how much they cost now a days.
I know

Detroit, MI

#36 Nov 8, 2010
Generic adipex is very inexpensive. $13-$14 for 30 pills. I got mine from the new weight loss place in barbourville.
Knows

United States

#37 Nov 10, 2010
I lost 30 pounds in 2 months on them once. I gained back sixty. They made me grouchy and i couldnt sleep after awhile. They are very addictive, drug heads cut them with cocaine. They damage the valves in your heart and cause a murmur. Trust me dont take them. They are pure speed. They call them speckled birds on the street. You might as well do cocaine.
Hinkle Drug

Greenbrier, AR

#38 Nov 14, 2010
I get the generics from Hinkle Drug and they are 12 bucks a script..And yes it is illegal to give more than one month because it is considered at narcotic now...Or atleast that is what two different Drs. have told me..
Kim

Detroit, MI

#39 Nov 16, 2010
I know wrote:
Generic adipex is very inexpensive.$13-$14 for 30 pills. I got mine from the new weight loss place in barbourville.
Where Is the weight loss place at in Barbourville?
jamie

United States

#40 Jan 15, 2011
wonder wrote:
How much do you have to be over weight to get them? Does anyone know?
Your bmi has to be 27+
On the Fence

Saint Augustine, FL

#41 Feb 4, 2011
Has anyone had experience with the Adipex generic phentermen? Good/Bad?
So far so good

London, KY

#42 May 23, 2011
On the Fence wrote:
I have been taking the generic for 6 days, counting every calorie and vitamin intake to make sure I'm getting adequate nutrition. I have slowly introduced more frequent exercise. I am hungry by dinner, but fill up quickly. My goal is to lose 46 pounds. I have lost 9 pounds as of this morning!
Truth

Madisonville, KY

#43 May 23, 2011
On the Fence wrote:
Is the place in barbourville still open?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loreana patterson peace 7 min I think so 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr Traveler 149,020
stinking creek 1 hr truth 99
Three liquor stores in bville 2 hr swampfoot 27
Just Wondering!! 6 hr Kayak 4
has anyone seen april partin (Nov '08) 7 hr April partin 51
Shawntaea and curt Brown? 8 hr John 35
Jessie J. Mills 11 hr Olive 5

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages