not exactly

Chicago, IL

#22 Jul 2, 2013
Trouble wrote:
<quoted text>Damn, we have "local retronauts"? Are those like restaurants that launch into space while you dine or do they just cook there and send the meals back to earth?

Seriously though, which restaurant do you own/manage? So much hatred for a person trying to make a living by doing the same thing all the other competitors do. He can't compete with speed or menu with everyone else, he is just bringing in variety.

I completely disagree with the menu, if he served the same thing daily, because he is at some of the same locations multiple times a week, he would get less customers. People want variety.
It's the right of the property owners to not have him there often
food truck guy

Chicago, IL

#23 Jul 2, 2013
Thanks for the tips! I might even put them on the menu! Thanks trouble you took the words right out of my mouth!

“I WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT”

Since: Dec 09

#24 Jul 2, 2013
The facts wrote:
They say that they keep getting ran off from the parking lot because of Arby's and McDonald's is getting mad because they are getting better business..I seriously doubt that being true. These are million dollar companies against a couple hundred dollar food truck..they are getting ran off because their in everyone's way where people are trying to drive and they are setting in the middle of the road!
I don't doubt it one bit. Greed is part of what made them million dollar companies.
ha

United States

#25 Jul 2, 2013
Dr Dirty wrote:
<quoted text>I don't doubt it one bit. Greed is part of what made them million dollar companies.
Food truck guy I'd say is in a lot of debt! He has two jobs already... He's burning the candle at both ends!! Well one is out for summer so I'd say he's trying to compensate.
well

Chicago, IL

#26 Jul 2, 2013
It would be best to just post new location and not get on social media being so arrogant and putting down local businesses and naming people by name. These businesses employ a lot of locals. I won't be supporting the food truck because of their attitudes
Wishing good on hard work

Somerset, KY

#27 Jul 2, 2013
The guy is out there trying to make money honestly. He is selling food . He may be using the social network to advertise and get people to patronize his business. Thank God we can still put our ieas out there to earn money and be self sufficient . Why not be supportive of people who work and try to make money honestly? It is hard work selling food.
food truck guy

Chicago, IL

#28 Jul 2, 2013
One job and sole surviver!
ha

United States

#29 Jul 2, 2013
food truck guy wrote:
One job and sole surviver!
I thought you worked in Corbin and here in Bville at a school? Have I got you mixed up with someone else? Your initials jw??
LMAO

United States

#30 Jul 3, 2013
i ate there and his food was great hey don't let them run you off you have a good thing going keep it up.. good luck ( CHICO)
LOVE IT

United States

#31 Jul 3, 2013
hey chico i love the cole slaw it had a tang to it you are doing great!!!!!!!!
food truck guy

Chicago, IL

#32 Jul 3, 2013
Chico is not going anywhere! Thanks for everyones support! No its not JW but thanks for sticking your foot in your mouth!
Trouble

Somerset, KY

#33 Jul 3, 2013
Wishing good on hard work wrote:
The guy is out there trying to make money honestly. He is selling food . He may be using the social network to advertise and get people to patronize his business. Thank God we can still put our ieas out there to earn money and be self sufficient . Why not be supportive of people who work and try to make money honestly? It is hard work selling food.
If the food truck guy didn't have a job, people would make posts about get a job, don't be on welfare/unemployment, guess who was in the supermarket with foods stamps...ect.

When someone does have a job, people find something else to complain about. Now the complaints I've seen on this post are pretty lame, "you parked in a spot you had permission for and were making money", "you shouldn't have variety", "you are missing a piece to your truck that obviously doesn't keep you from driving it or continuing your business" and "your business was verbally attacked by competitors, you shouldn't stand up for yourself".

That's America. Everyone has the right to free speech and opinions. No matter what one does there will be haters, but the majority speak in actions and from when I've seen the food truck around, each time I've seen a line.
YWM

Chicago, IL

#34 Jul 3, 2013
Trouble wrote:
<quoted text>If the food truck guy didn't have a job, people would make posts about get a job, don't be on welfare/unemployment, guess who was in the supermarket with foods stamps...ect.

When someone does have a job, people find something else to complain about. Now the complaints I've seen on this post are pretty lame, "you parked in a spot you had permission for and were making money", "you shouldn't have variety", "you are missing a piece to your truck that obviously doesn't keep you from driving it or continuing your business" and "your business was verbally attacked by competitors, you shouldn't stand up for yourself".

That's America. Everyone has the right to free speech and opinions. No matter what one does there will be haters, but the majority speak in actions and from when I've seen the food truck around, each time I've seen a line.
This guy should come to Corbin ! What's the fb under, is the menu on fb ?

“I WORK FOR THE GOVERNMENT”

Since: Dec 09

#35 Jul 3, 2013
Is the food priced fairly reasonable?
ha

United States

#36 Jul 3, 2013
food truck guy wrote:
Chico is not going anywhere! Thanks for everyones support! No its not JW but thanks for sticking your foot in your mouth!
Jimmy your the one sticking your own foot in your mouth brother!! Not I! I'm not the one living above my means and having to grasp at straws to survive! Try reality it's cheaper!
lol

London, KY

#37 Jul 3, 2013
People are so jellous of every one in this town. Where is the truck located and when, I would love to try it. I think it's a great idea. I had thought about trying this but you know how that is, you think something sounds good but you dont follow through or take a risk and some one else dose it and you want to kick your self. This person took the risk so I hope it works out. Congrats. I hope you do great.
not exactly

Manchester, KY

#38 Jul 3, 2013
lol wrote:
People are so jellous of every one in this town. Where is the truck located and when, I would love to try it. I think it's a great idea. I had thought about trying this but you know how that is, you think something sounds good but you dont follow through or take a risk and some one else dose it and you want to kick your self. This person took the risk so I hope it works out. Congrats. I hope you do great.
Getting on Facebook and using the F word and complaining about locals by name is not professional. I don't see the local restaurants doing this. As if Arby's is afraid of you. Plenty of places serve lunch. Go set up next to Tammy's and see if you get complaints. Why not stay at the health dept if you're so great
hey food truck guy

United States

#39 Jul 6, 2013
if ya need any help food guy let me know i will stop by and see ya when your out again.
Gasping

London, KY

#40 Jul 6, 2013
ha wrote:
<quoted text>
Jimmy your the one sticking your own foot in your mouth brother!! Not I! I'm not the one living above my means and having to grasp at straws to survive! Try reality it's cheaper!
Are you serious. What an idiot. You have no way of personally knowing what his debt/income ratio is. You are what working people call "a waste of good space". I haven't been to the truck to eat. So I don't know if it is goo or not BUT I do say kudos to him. Whether it is debt motivated or just fun and earning extra money on the side, he doesn't draw welfare and any asst. I mean what does it matter to anyone? I love the food truck guy and his family. Keep up the good work. Shows your family that if you want something don't stand at the door waiting for your check to come by mail (provided by you and all of us working people), get out and earn it!! Love this idea. Love the menu mix up. Nobody wants the same ole same ole everyday!!
cityfolk

United States

#41 Jul 6, 2013
hey food truck guy keep your head high BUT DONT get on here bashing other business places and don't be on facebook talking smack it just shows you have no class and are not better then the rest. So make a statement about yourself and just compliment the other restaurants in town, I think it will draw in more customers for you. This is my tip for the day to you. God Bless You.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Hey Quantummist! 24 min S and Q backer 4
Jail tracker shows no image 25 min In the know 10
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 27 min Uyh2 172,910
How do you determine your True Enemies? 31 min Uyh2 35
UYH, Please talk to me! 36 min Uyh2 13
Why did mom name me target? 1 hr Target 1
Dee Dole Screws Over Knox County Children ! 1 hr Tide 12
Barbourville police dept ends threats on school... 6 hr mom 16
Biggest wh*re in barbourville 10 hr Quizzes 18
What is Bob Corey running for?? Sat Agenda Finder 42

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages