Oh yea

San Mateo, CA

#1561 Aug 30, 2014
Coal miner wrote:
<quoted text>
Clint Eastwood is a MILLIONAIRE I would Vote Republican if i was a Millionaire to but i am not i have to work for a living that's why i am a Democrat.
Really? Then what about these as*holes? Ben Affleck, Nicolas Cage,
Leonardo DiCaprio, Steven Spielberg and a host
of other Hollywood celebrities have helped
make California the Golden State for Democrat Alison Lundergan Grimes' U.S. Senate campaign. Each of those celebrities gave the maximum
allowed $5,200 contribution to the Grimes
campaign and were part of a $700,000 windfall
that Grimes received from Californians between
July 1 and Sept. 30. That is more than a quarter of the $2.5 million
Grimes raised during the first three month of
her campaign, according to a report filed
recently with the Federal Election Commission. By comparison, Kentuckians gave Grimes just
more than $500,000 for that period, according
to the report.
Jeremy

Lexington, KY

#1562 Aug 30, 2014
Economics 101 wrote:
Coal is on the way out because it can't compete economically in the free market. Eastern Kentucky coal cannot compete with Wyoming coal because it costs far more to mine Appalachian coal than it does to mine Powder River Basin coal. Appalachian coal is in thin seams and in mountain terrain. Very hard and expensive to get out of the ground. Wyoming coal is in beds 100 feet or more thick under flat land. And not very deep. It is much easier and cheaper to dig out of the ground. So the coal costs less. Users of coal buy the cheapest product. They buy Wyoming coal.
Natural gas is even cheaper -- and becoming cheaper all the time. Once a gas well is drilled there is almost no labor involved. Same goes for transporting it. Coal is bulky and expensive to move. Once a natural gas pipeline is built, it is almost labor free. Disposal of waste is also a factor. Coal ash is hard to dispose of and dangerous. Disposing of it is expensive. Natural gas has zero solid waste to dispose of.
So bottom line: Mitch McConnell's "fight for coal" is just political hot air for the coal addicts. If McConnell (or anyone else) really believes that he can change the basic laws of economics, he is delusional. Anyone trying to "save coal" is pissing in the wind.
I just found this thread and am glad to see someone actually understands why the coal industry is dieing. The rich Republican owners of our power grid are not in the game for public service. They want to make money. Cheap fuel and less labor cost is music to their ears. That you for your post 101. I have been preaching this for years. Vote Democrat!
o clint

San Mateo, CA

#1563 Aug 30, 2014
o clint wrote:
<quoted text> you are so cool.i bet when you and Mitch get together i bet you pull out you pistol and shoot some banks..
No thats for your mom
Coal miner

Richmond, KY

#1564 Aug 30, 2014
Is Mitch McConnell a Woman or a Man he looks like a old Woman I was just wondering.
Yarp

San Mateo, CA

#1565 Aug 30, 2014
"Mommy these mean o'l repugs are being meanies again!". Noone else is allowed to hate, only us libs! I like all my friends all saying the same things over and over and only Republicans are rich (lie) and noone else is! I'll be in the basement saving the world one hypocrite at a time :lisp:"
independent republican

Clarkson, KY

#1566 Aug 30, 2014
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, please vote for Alison then all of the Floyd County politicians will gain more power. Greg Stumbo and all others have Alison in their back pocket. Go Grimes!
her daddy is not running for US Senate!
you sound like old Mcturtle who thinks he running against President Obama
Mitch

Winchester, KY

#1567 Aug 30, 2014
http://img.spokeo.com/720-480/ic_4201415.jpg... Now I'm getting pissed off about this sh!t !...... I've been building sh!t all over central KY for 30 years with your coal tax dollars , So when you come down you will have a nice big freeway to drive on . & nice bridges to drive across .Ever time you mined a few billion dollars in coal tax I'm the man that put it to good use . I'm Not reading this crappy sh!t you guy's are putting on here . I'm just running my campaign on here ! Now get your azz out and vote for your old daddy Mitch !
uninformed idiot

United States

#1568 Aug 30, 2014
honey wrote:
<quoted text>
Thanks to the Republican led Congress that Bill allowed to do their jobs. Unlike the present president.
You need to check your facts, it's the obstructionists that are trying to prevent the president from doing his job.
Republicans Are Stupid

Printer, KY

#1569 Aug 30, 2014
Coal miner wrote:
Is Mitch McConnell a Woman or a Man he looks like a old Woman I was just wondering.
I saw your mom at Walmart the other day.I was wondering the same thing.Is that a woman or a man?DAYUM ugliest woman I've ever seen.
wow evil

San Mateo, CA

#1570 Aug 30, 2014
The billionaire Koch brothers, and Senate Majority
Leader Harry Reid's favorite whipping boys , announced Friday that they are donating a $25 million grant to the United Negro College Fund. The grant will be used to provide "nearly 3,000
merit based awards to African American ...students
seeking scholarship assistance," according to the Charles Koch Foundation's press release.$18.5 million of the money offered will go toward a
scholarship program, with the remaining $6.5
million going to general support of historically
black colleges and universities.$4 million is to go to
loan assistance. "UNCF is proud to announce this new scholarship
program that will help motivated and deserving
students not just get to and through school, but to
become our next generation of innovators and
entrepreneurs. We are enormously grateful to Koch
Industries and the Charles Koch Foundation for their long-standing support of UNCF and for
helping to create new opportunities for earned
success and a better future for our students," said Michael Lomax, UNCF president and CEO. "Increasing well-being by helping people improve
their lives has long been our focus," Charles
Koch said in a statement. The Washington Post noted "such a highly- publicized gift is unusual for Charles Koch. His
foundation routinely gives away lots of money, but
typically with little fanfare." Senator Harry Reid (D-Nev.) has criticized the Koch
brothers countless times from the Senate
floor, calling them a "pair of shadow billionaires spending millions of dollars to rig our political
system" and "two very wealthy individuals who intend to buy their very own Congress." Reid also claimed that all Obamacare "horror stories" were "being paid for by two billionaire
brothers" - the Kochs - and that they were
"absolutely false." Despite Reid's continued attacks, a George
Washington University poll found that 52% of
Americans have never heard of the Koch brothers. A Wall Street Journal/NBC News
poll found similar numbers.
uninformed idiot

United States

#1571 Aug 30, 2014
Insidious wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean the dems would be crushed to dust? Thats what i thought you meant. And yes we'd raise our flag on your dead carcasses. Worry bout your own state.
The truth hurts, sorry your feelings got hurt, do you need a hug?
truth

London, KY

#1572 Aug 30, 2014
Fat Pocket Mitch wrote:
Fat pocket Mitch, Good ole boy from Alabama well at least he knows how to make himself a millionaire and kiss up to the koch brothers
Like Democrats know how to make millionaires of themselves and kiss up to George Soros? Fat Pocket Obama is out kissing up today and the rest of the holiday weekend begging for money from the wealthy. He don't know how to run the country but he sure knows how to beg for money. Same with Grimes...she patronizes the rich too. Surely what's good for Obama and Grimes is good for Mitch.
Grimes father was forced to resign while he was a state representative and chair of the state Democratic Party for ethics violations.....when he was convicted of a felony. Does anyone believe that Allison doesn't have the same ethic principles as her father?
uninformed idiot

Madison, TN

#1573 Aug 30, 2014
If you want to know what's wrong with the Democratic pandering party,the fact is there is not one live brain cell in the whole party.Biggest bunch of dumbass you ever saw.Then try to blame it on someone else.
Insidious

San Mateo, CA

#1574 Aug 30, 2014
uninformed idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
The truth hurts, sorry your feelings got hurt, do you need a hug?
No thanks don't swing that way but you'd be in another holocaust. Beleive me, i don't want to breath the same air as you liberals. What peaceful talk from a true liberal.
Fact

San Mateo, CA

#1575 Aug 30, 2014
The fact she is wooing Hollywood already sends a
message to Kentucky that she doesn't have or
support our values. That's enough to send her
packing in the next election, as we can't have
someone under the thumb of Hollywood liberals
voting for proposals behalf of the people of Kentucky. Accurate depiction of who and what Grimes is Shareing
well

San Mateo, CA

#1576 Aug 30, 2014
uninformed idiot wrote:
<quoted text>
You need to check your facts, it's the obstructionists that are trying to prevent the president from doing his job.
Yawn.
repubsforpills

Hyden, KY

#1577 Aug 30, 2014
FUCKlNG Hysterical wrote:
<quoted text>
Yup, and Alison Grime's daddy is a convicted criminal who abused her when she was growing up. Politicians are shit. Welcome to reality. &#664;&#8255;&#664 ;
How is that her fault? And that doesn't make her a bad person, look how successful she is after facing that adversity. Your a dumb hillbilly aren't you!!!
repubsforpills

Hyden, KY

#1578 Aug 30, 2014
You people from CA, stay in your queer capitol state and obey blacky down in Compton!!!
well

San Mateo, CA

#1579 Aug 30, 2014
repubsforpills wrote:
You people from CA, stay in your queer capitol state and obey blacky down in Compton!!!
Says the queer suporting liberal? And also a racist i see? The real hillbilly is you by the way you talk panzy

Since: May 14

Location hidden

#1580 Aug 30, 2014
Clint Eastwood wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yes you're changing minds again. Changing the world on the gossip trash site. Another reason libs make me puke. Obaminational sickps
I keep you coming back, and I don't have to change my name every post like you do!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Athenesword 136,100
UPS drop box in B'ville? 42 min Answer 9
Mud Slide Up Turkey Creek Rd (Mar '14) 1 hr Stewart 9
knox county detention center 4 hr Welfare Jed 41
Stacy keys and Pablo from 2 Amigos 4 hr yep 8
Stacy Keys 4 hr yep 10
lets go to florida 6 hr isolated incident 141
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]