pide pipper

United States

#1 Dec 10, 2012
A tree fell on 229 about 100 ft before you get to the two mile marker! Two people moved what they could so that all could get by, but there is still a big part sticking out far enough in the lane heading to London, that you have to go into the other lane to get around.
Spread the word! I hope nobody gets hurt!!

I tried calling 911, twice to report this and twice there was no answer. What's up with that?!?
Well

Barbourville, KY

#2 Dec 10, 2012
pide pipper wrote:
A tree fell on 229 about 100 ft before you get to the two mile marker! Two people moved what they could so that all could get by, but there is still a big part sticking out far enough in the lane heading to London, that you have to go into the other lane to get around.
Spread the word! I hope nobody gets hurt!!

I tried calling 911, twice to report this and twice there was no answer. What's up with that?!?
OMG!! No answer at 911??!!?!? WOW!!
Honest

Williamsburg, KY

#3 Dec 10, 2012
You called 911 and they never answered there lines maybe down I am not sure but it will show that you tried and then its there baby from there.
News AT Noon

London, KY

#4 Dec 10, 2012
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
OMG!! No answer at 911??!!?!? WOW!!
Laurel County ..A large tree fell across Hwy. 229 this morningg blocking both lanes of this rual Laurel County highway. An eyewittness told this reporter that he saw the entire event.
While driving south on 229 he saw a bolt of lightning with 3 forks hit the tree a cell phone tower and a small streak hit his car , temporarily blinding him. He locked his brakes and slid within a few feet of some of the branches.
When his normal vision returned he said he could see the power and telephone lines down and the cell -phone tower damaged and smoking. He also had some discomfort in the seat of his pants, he asked me to check and I noticed a large burned out hole in his jeans ...what appeared to be 3 blistered hemoroids and pieces of burnt vinyl sticking to his azz.....Bubba b. Gone
W.S.H.I.T. NEWS
well

Williamsburg, KY

#5 Dec 11, 2012
911 answer your calls and quit playing around like a bunch of kids on your cell phones. its our tax money at work in good old Knox County.
ify

Somerset, KY

#6 Dec 11, 2012
229 should be a four lane 15 years ago its a black top wagon trail one of the most traveld roads between London and Barbourville very large trucks travel it every day add another lane to it make it a four land road please!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jason hughes son 2 hr Jason cuzzo 1
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 3 hr _Zoey_ 3,610
hau mings mexican restaurant 3 hr bugs r us 2
dinky phipps 4 hr Edozier 18
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 5 hr Lee 15
What do you think 5 hr Just sayin 1
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) 5 hr Just sayin 188
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web