Barbourville, in the 80's.

Barbourville, in the 80's.

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

Eighties

United States

#3 May 15, 2013
Things were great back then. Cruising around "A&P" parking lot - I mean, that was the highlight of the weekend. We would go to town around 7pm and cruise till whenever.(while listening to that funky 80's music, lol)
Going to "Druthers".....Those were the good ole days.
Gas was .89 a gallon, you could take 5.00, buy a pack of cigarettes at the "big chicken" and fill up with gas and cruise all night.
ghost from the past

London, KY

#5 May 17, 2013
the eightys were cool one thing was peope would meet up at hamburge hut have a good meal and hangout with friends people then wasnt as nosy as they are now this meth shit wasnt around then or either people had more sense than to use it friends then loved each other and helped each other now you can count your true friends on one hand.
jack

Flat Lick, KY

#6 May 19, 2013
Dead-Head wrote:
What are some of your memories of the ole town, back in the 80's?...
I remember getting off the school bus, down at my mothers store in town, every afternoon and hearing that funky 80's music on the radio everyday.
Please post some of your fond memories and what things were like back then. I seem to remember hearing about John Dixon a lot back then. He was said to be the greatest lawyer to ever come from this area.
~God bless you-
Sam Davies is ten times the layer john dixon was.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Older men Younger women 18 min Dangerous Pro 14
Will someone loan me $6000? (Apr '11) 1 hr i aint perfect 40
Police: Woman arrested after passing out in car 1 hr i aint perfect 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr umoron 151,737
No regrets 4 hr Your way 6
cheese eating rat on callebs creek 6 hr YourName 6
women 6 hr in the know 2
Higher Property Taxes 8 hr Woweee 14

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages