of 2
Next Last
jack

Washington, IN

#21 Feb 2, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Just an Update...
Someone I know contacted me, he had a long conversation with the IRS on this and what the church group is doing is not prohibited by the laws because they are doing it in a non-partisan manner, he said. Now, if they were supporting a particular candidate or party in an election, that would be a different story.
I beleive they are wrong or lying about it.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#22 Feb 2, 2012
jack wrote:
<quoted text> I beleive they are wrong or lying about it.
I'm just passing along what I was told and I trust the source as actually calling and having the authority to talk to someone at the IRS .. So I do think this is what the IRS is saying and the position they will take.. I also think by reading the text that it prohibited religious non profits from taking a organized stand on any pending voter based legislation ... But unless some one files a Legal brief and works it through the courts, If the IRS says it's ok.. It's Ok...
jack

Washington, IN

#23 Feb 2, 2012
Association Member wrote:
The KAB only expressed their opinion. This is just another excuse to condemn Christians and religion. Everyone is entitled to their opinions whether it be for something or against it. They didn't try to tell everyone what to do, only to consider doing what's right. The person that wrote the add, talked from personal experience.
This forum will be removed. May God be with you and may you find some peace on your heart.
telling people to vote no is not expressing an opinion.
jack

Washington, IN

#24 Feb 2, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm just passing along what I was told and I trust the source as actually calling and having the authority to talk to someone at the IRS .. So I do think this is what the IRS is saying and the position they will take.. I also think by reading the text that it prohibited religious non profits from taking a organized stand on any pending voter based legislation ... But unless some one files a Legal brief and works it through the courts, If the IRS says it's ok.. It's Ok...
i believe i will report it to the IRS just to make sure.
city voter

Barbourville, KY

#25 Feb 2, 2012
I was really unsure of what i thought about this vote and no i only drink once or twice a month but the things these churches have stooped to have really made me think that i wont be pushed or lied to to make me do as they want so i will vote WET anyway
jack

Washington, IN

#26 Feb 2, 2012
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
something for you read:

http://ffrf.org/faq/state-church/churches-and...

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

London, KY

#27 Feb 2, 2012
jack wrote:
<quoted text> i believe i will report it to the IRS just to make sure.
I suggest you do... I have also send the link to the code to R. Jewell who is the lawyer that did the legal work to get the vote on the ballot.. And to the Advocate for a look see... I'm just glad to see a few people actually put forth effort... Apathy is going kill our side of the issue... I have a lot of medical issues so I can't get too involved as I can't really plan on being somewhere but Geezzz we got a College here... A whole school full of energy drink filled scallywags that could stick their toes in the water.... If I was a college kid and a Vote Wet was going on in a dry town I would have half the school involved if for nothing more than the party of marching around the court square a few times... Heck they could get credit in Political Science Class for the effort and a credit in art classes for making pretty signs....

In His Name

London, KY

#28 Feb 14, 2012
Nimbletwig wrote:
<quoted text>........Interesting... .......
I noticed while reading your "opinon" regarding the position of Christians "influnce" on the general population. It seems however that you missed the mark, by na few degrees (a miss is is as good as amile). The statement (law)mistacenly implies to the influnce of any flunce on "legislative" officals, and I strees "any officals. Would that not include any influnce, including organizations other then Chuches?
Secondly consider the influnce that Churches and the Clergy had in the support and defense of a new experiment, a Republic!
So yes as you have your opinion so do we Christians, we are not a seperate peoples but one. We all are made in the image of God, whether you believe that or not. Last but not least consider where you stand? Will we be better off? There will be no gain only increased domestic, social, deaths, hunger and suffering. Did you consider that or were you only thinking of self and your gain?

Since: Dec 10

Somerset, KY

#29 Feb 14, 2012
In His Name wrote:
<quoted text>I noticed while reading your "opinon" regarding the position of Christians "influnce" on the general population. It seems however that you missed the mark, by na few degrees (a miss is is as good as amile). The statement (law)mistacenly implies to the influnce of any flunce on "legislative" officals, and I strees "any officals. Would that not include any influnce, including organizations other then Chuches?
Secondly consider the influnce that Churches and the Clergy had in the support and defense of a new experiment, a Republic!
So yes as you have your opinion so do we Christians, we are not a seperate peoples but one. We all are made in the image of God, whether you believe that or not. Last but not least consider where you stand? Will we be better off? There will be no gain only increased domestic, social, deaths, hunger and suffering. Did you consider that or were you only thinking of self and your gain?
I have absolutely no Earthly idea what you're talking about.
Old Tom

Barbourville, KY

#30 Feb 15, 2012
Damed hypocrite preachers. Go get your persciption filled! Lets open another drug store here in town. just make sure they don't sell a beer! Oh! i forgot we allready took care of that! PRAISE JESUS UP IN THIS HOUSE AND PASS ME THE PILLS!
Agree

Barbourville, KY

#31 Feb 16, 2012
jack wrote:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf /p1828.pdf
it is illegal for a non-profit to become active in politics. The Knox county association of baptist broke the law when they run the ad last week against the alcohol vote in the new paper. someone should report them to the IRS and they will lose their non profit status.
"A church or religious organization will be regarded as
attempting to influence legislation if it contacts, or urges
the public to contact, members or employees of a legislative
body for the purpose of proposing, supporting, or
opposing legislation, or if the organization advocates the
adoption or rejection of legislation."
"Legislation includes action by Congress, any state legislature,
any local council, or similar governing body, with
respect to acts, bills, resolutions, or similar items (such as
legislative confirmation of appointive offices), or by the
public in a referendum, ballot initiative, constitutional
amendment, or similar procedure."
I agree with the last person that posted something on this. It's over, done and said. Please move on. The vote is over. Corbin is wet so just go there. You continue to keep bashing our town, so why if you dislike it so much here continue to stay? It's ridiculous that you post all this stuff. If you want a better life and feels you have been done wrong then just move. This is not the only small town in the state.
Okay

Barbourville, KY

#32 Feb 16, 2012
Same feeling here wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you, will you please define "right".
Right.. Trying to keep our city small and clean from any other "substance" that don't need to be here. Woe to the man that govern his brother strong drink
Sorry

Barbourville, KY

#33 Feb 16, 2012
bringinthefunkmfers wrote:
<quoted text>ah yes, the persecuted Christian act. It must be tough being the majority.
You pray for me, I'll think for you. May you find some reason in your brain.
I feel sorry for you.
Really

Barbourville, KY

#34 Feb 16, 2012
Old Tom wrote:
Damed hypocrite preachers. Go get your persciption filled! Lets open another drug store here in town. just make sure they don't sell a beer! Oh! i forgot we allready took care of that! PRAISE JESUS UP IN THIS HOUSE AND PASS ME THE PILLS!
You have to have some kind of demonic spirit about you to say something like this :(
Really

Barbourville, KY

#35 Feb 16, 2012
jack wrote:
<quoted text> i believe i will report it to the IRS just to make sure.
Lol you make sure you do that. Now don't forget!
News flash

Somerset, KY

#36 Feb 16, 2012
Agree wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with the last person that posted something on this. It's over, done and said. Please move on. The vote is over. Corbin is wet so just go there. You continue to keep bashing our town, so why if you dislike it so much here continue to stay? It's ridiculous that you post all this stuff. If you want a better life and feels you have been done wrong then just move. This is not the only small town in the state.
You need to understand that you have a right to stay and enjoy the small town as it is and the other person has the right to stay and try to change the town through the democratic process. Just because you dont agree with them,. gives you no right to simply say leave. Democracy is never done, it is never finished it is sometimes interupted by anarchy,(such as you seek to impose) but freedom to choose will eventually win. It may always remain dry, it may become wet, but that issue or another will always pop up despite your temporary anarchy imposed by your religious support.
reckon

Somerset, KY

#37 Dec 30, 2012
Well the knox assocuation pushes for certain politicians what you think happen with school board and that dom is biggest elephant in the mix get rid of that and churches will do well like they were when john partin was in tgere then no lies and pushes for competition among churches just church forvworship no kick back from mission $$$
sad

Manchester, KY

#38 Dec 30, 2012
its a sad day wen people attack a church every one has taken god from the schools and look wat it has done wen i went to school you never seen no one bring a gun to school and open fire people are not going to be happy till god is out of every thing

Since: Dec 10

Somerset, KY

#39 Dec 31, 2012
sad wrote:
its a sad day wen people attack a church every one has taken god from the schools and look wat it has done wen i went to school you never seen no one bring a gun to school and open fire people are not going to be happy till god is out of every thing
I agree with you about this.
candy man

United States

#40 Jun 24, 2014
The association of the blind leading the broke.
Corbin made 800,000.00 big ones in taxes off booze. What percentage of that monies came from the tax paying citizens of Knox.
What percentage of your church's typically drink?
bunch of master debaters effecting the growth of a dying community.
without vision the people perish.
Benjamin Franklin said one of the best gifts God gave man was beer.
drink responsibly do not drive while intoxicated.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 19 min dollarsbill 131,949
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 21 min haha 12
Bastards 26 min get a life 7
Looking for a girl who will POOP all OVER me! ;P (Apr '14) 46 min exlax 18
dinky phipps 1 hr Get back 6
terry smith from the creek 1 hr wondering 7
who's the best lay from the creek 3 hr Truth 8
Who is the best looking woman in knox co. (Feb '10) Sun Lisa 185
To the Garland family Sun jack 7
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search