Knox County Association of Baptist an...

Knox County Association of Baptist and other non-profit churches broke the Law!

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
jack

Dyer, TN

#1 Feb 2, 2012
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1828.pdf

it is illegal for a non-profit to become active in politics. The Knox county association of baptist broke the law when they run the ad last week against the alcohol vote in the new paper. someone should report them to the IRS and they will lose their non profit status.

"A church or religious organization will be regarded as
attempting to influence legislation if it contacts, or urges
the public to contact, members or employees of a legislative
body for the purpose of proposing, supporting, or
opposing legislation, or if the organization advocates the
adoption or rejection of legislation."

"Legislation includes action by Congress, any state legislature,
any local council, or similar governing body, with
respect to acts, bills, resolutions, or similar items (such as
legislative confirmation of appointive offices), or by the
public in a referendum, ballot initiative, constitutional
amendment, or similar procedure."

“Respect for Tradition ”

Since: Dec 10

Cannon, KY

#2 Feb 2, 2012
jack wrote:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf /p1828.pdf
it is illegal for a non-profit to become active in politics. The Knox county association of baptist broke the law when they run the ad last week against the alcohol vote in the new paper. someone should report them to the IRS and they will lose their non profit status.
........Interesting..........
here n now

Hodgenville, KY

#3 Feb 2, 2012
Duhhh....just another example of MAN'S churches and the so called christians and believers thinking they can control an uncontrolable social network. Heres a suggestion.....promise them the county will pay them 10% of all sales as tiths...they will turn from resistance to support for the issue immediately.

“Respect for Tradition ”

Since: Dec 10

Cannon, KY

#4 Feb 2, 2012
here n now wrote:
Duhhh....just another example of MAN'S churches and the so called christians and believers thinking they can control an uncontrolable social network. Heres a suggestion.....promise them the county will pay them 10% of all sales as tiths...they will turn from resistance to support for the issue immediately.
True..
Association Member

Madisonville, KY

#5 Feb 2, 2012
The KAB only expressed their opinion. This is just another excuse to condemn Christians and religion. Everyone is entitled to their opinions whether it be for something or against it. They didn't try to tell everyone what to do, only to consider doing what's right. The person that wrote the add, talked from personal experience.

This forum will be removed. May God be with you and may you find some peace on your heart.
Same feeling here

London, KY

#6 Feb 2, 2012
Association Member wrote:
The KAB only expressed their opinion. This is just another excuse to condemn Christians and religion. Everyone is entitled to their opinions whether it be for something or against it. They didn't try to tell everyone what to do, only to consider doing what's right. The person that wrote the add, talked from personal experience.
This forum will be removed. May God be with you and may you find some peace on your heart.
Thank you, will you please define "right".
Same feeling here

London, KY

#7 Feb 2, 2012
Also, please take note that by having this forum removed, you (or whomever) have taken away others ability to "express their opinions" concerning your organization expressing an opinion.
waaaaaaaaaa

London, KY

#8 Feb 2, 2012
oooh i'm going to remove this forum because people realize we're lying and risking our tax-exempt status waaaaaa waaaaaaa waaaaaaaaaa.

a "pious" lie is still a lie, you hypocritical douchebags.
bringinthefunkmf ers

London, KY

#9 Feb 2, 2012
ah yes, the persecuted Christian act. It must be tough being the majority.

You pray for me, I'll think for you. May you find some reason in your brain.
Association Member

Madisonville, KY

#10 Feb 2, 2012
Same feeling here wrote:
Also, please take note that by having this forum removed, you (or whomever) have taken away others ability to "express their opinions" concerning your organization expressing an opinion.
The only thing that would be taken away from this, is the ability for everyone to poke jabs at the KAB. It is fair for everyone to voice their opinions and their feelings on the Wet/Dry vote, but not to deliberately talk bad about an organization, whether it be the Association or a local church.

Voicing your opnion is one thing, but to openly try demean something is a whole other issue.
Funny

United States

#11 Feb 2, 2012
Its not expressing your opinion when you Brantley lie about Alcohol sales in Knox County. These churches are not for people's rights when they are out lying about what is going on. They are only 2 stores able to sale alcohol. No bar's, Honky Tonks ect. I'm all for people expressing concern or opinion but lying in public paper is across the line. Sounds like the Taliban
bringinthefunkmf ers

London, KY

#12 Feb 2, 2012
<quoted text>
The only thing that would be taken away from this, is the ability for everyone to poke jabs at the KAB. It is fair for everyone to voice their opinions and their feelings on the Wet/Dry vote, but not to deliberately talk bad about an organization, whether it be the Association or a local church.
Voicing your opnion is one thing, but to openly try demean something is a whole other issue.
why does the KAB feel the need to lie?
Association Member

Madisonville, KY

#13 Feb 2, 2012
bringinthefunkmfers wrote:
<quoted text>why does the KAB feel the need to lie?
What exactly did the Association lie about? The only article I know that was remotely related to the KAB, was the article where the author spoke of personal experience. Technically the KAB did not write the article. So explain to me what they lied about.
Same feeling here

London, KY

#14 Feb 2, 2012
<quoted text>
You are correct about poking jabs, and I hope you realize that I have not. I am far more educated and have greater morals than most others represented in this forum. My background aside, when the Association makes known an opinion as you have correctly stated, they open a Pandora's box of "pokes" from their community. People do not necessarily "talk bad" about the Association, merely the opinions they chose to cast publicly. Truth is,'our' religion is a direct result of Martin Luther and the Diet of Worms. The Catholic Church had their own opinions (and rules) and they too likewise made them known. With this stated, things are said to be moral if only perceived as being moral. Recall the little town of Salem, they had religious opinions also. They properly backed their opinions with scripture and then properly executed twenty people.
My points are simple if the Association believes in something they indeed have the right to state that opinion, but in fairness they must be willing to understand others will differ and they will also state their differing opinions publicly (and unfortunately rudely). My last point, to state studied findings that have 'greatly' been shown false, and to likewise not understand research appropriately will draw differing public opinions and they too must be expected.
This entire display is very easy for me to understand as I have been in churches all my life, therefore I truly understand "the evil that men do (Shakespeare)". Please take note, the above is only my humble opinion.
bringinthefunkmf ers

London, KY

#15 Feb 2, 2012
<quoted text>
What exactly did the Association lie about? The only article I know that was remotely related to the KAB, was the article where the author spoke of personal experience. Technically the KAB did not write the article. So explain to me what they lied about.
i'm possibly confusing them with the Knox County Ministerial Association.. but I was referring to the number of package liquor stores and the opening of bars. sorry if i have confused two tax-exempt religious organizations illegally attempting to influence legislation.
myself

United States

#16 Feb 2, 2012
I will never look at my pastor in the same light after these past few weeks and the wrong information they are pushing on the youth in our church
Why

Madisonville, KY

#17 Feb 2, 2012
myself wrote:
I will never look at my pastor in the same light after these past few weeks and the wrong information they are pushing on the youth in our church
And where do you attend church at? That's crazy it's like this there is only one heaven and if you plan on going you better realize were not gonna be devided. That pastor your putting down is still your brother In Christ and your no better then him by putting him down.
well well

United States

#18 Feb 2, 2012
Your brother would not steer you children in a direction of his own choice by telling what he knows to be lies and it is a fact these pastors are not telling the truth
town resident

United States

#19 Feb 2, 2012
I think that any pastor in this county knows that if you know it not the truth or facts than its a lie is that true or not

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#20 Feb 2, 2012
jack wrote:
http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf /p1828.pdf
Just an Update...
Someone I know contacted me, he had a long conversation with the IRS on this and what the church group is doing is not prohibited by the laws because they are doing it in a non-partisan manner, he said. Now, if they were supporting a particular candidate or party in an election, that would be a different story.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Satan & God's armies... 10 min Red Arts 9
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 12 min Min 178,085
JOHN SLUSHER and his day of reckoning (Jun '12) 1 hr Lollipop lover 45
Topix giving IP address 3 hr Weird 3
Is *** Sidney Smith *** a murderer? 4 hr sistersister 11
well pump 8 hr carl 1
Crazy women 11 hr Red Arts 14
New jail 15 hr funny one 28

Barbourville Jobs

Personal Finance