yes it does work.you do not know what your talking about.<quoted text>those kits are usless copperhead and rattlesnakes venom are not the same only the very old or very young will die from most snake bites or if thier allergic to the venom
a copperhaed bite cause a fever swelling in the spot bite and usly a large pus ball on the place biting by the next day your unlikly to die from a copperhead bite unless your very old or very young or if your allergic to the venom or have been bite by more then one copperhaed at the same time.
400 victims of copperhead bites found only two deaths, both the result of simultaneous bites by three or more snakes.
Posted in the Barbourville Forum
#21 Jun 19, 2011
#22 Jun 19, 2011
yes i do and thay don't work most of the time the venom is to deep for the kits to work . most snakes fanges are up to 3 inches long and the venom get in to your blood system realy fast in seconds it just depends on where you where bite at .
Most species of rattlesnakes have hemotoxic venom, destroying tissue, degenerating organs, and causing coagulopathy (disrupted blood clotting). Some degree of permanent scarring is very likely in the event of a venomous bite, even with prompt, effective treatment, and a severe envenomation, combined with delayed or ineffective treatment, can lead to the loss of a limb and rarely, death.
First aid for a rattlesnake bite
When a bite occurs, the amount of venom injected cannot be gauged easily. Symptoms and swelling may occur quickly, and may cause death easily, but in some cases hours may pass before serious effects appear.
Experienced health workers typically gauge envenomation in stages ranging from zero, when there is no evident venom, to five, when there is a life-threatening amount of venom present. The stages reflect the amount of bruising and swelling around the fang marks and the speed with which that bruising and swelling progresses. In more severe envenomation cases (stage four or five) there may also be proximal symptoms, such as lip-tingling, dizziness, bleeding, vomiting, or shock. Difficulty breathing, paralysis, drooling, and massive hemorrhaging are also common symptoms.
When bitten by a rattlesnake, quick medical attention is critical, and treatment typically requires antivenin/antivenom to block the tissue destruction, nerve effects, and blood-clotting disorders common with rattlesnake venom, Most medical experts recommend keeping the area of the bite below the level of the heart. It is important to keep a snake bite victim calm in order to avoid elevating their heart rate and accelerating the circulation of venom within the body. Untrained individuals should not attempt to make incisions at or around bite sites, or to use tourniquets, as either treatment may be more destructive than the envenomation itself.
Any bite from a rattlesnake should be treated as a life-threatening medical emergency that requires immediate hospital treatment from trained professionals.
#23 Jun 19, 2011
Although venomous, these snakes are generally non-aggressive and bites are almost never fatal. Copperhead venom has an estimated lethal dose of around 100 mg, and tests on mice show its potency is among the lowest of all pit vipers, and slightly weaker than that of its close relative, the cottonmouth. Copperheads often employ a "warning bite" when stepped on or agitated and inject a relatively small amount of venom, if any at all. "Dry bites" involving no venom are particularly common with the copperhead, though all pit vipers are capable of a dry bite.
Bite symptoms include intense pain, tingling, throbbing, swelling, and severe nausea. Damage can occur to muscle and bone tissue, especially when the bite occurs in the outer extremities such as the hands and feet, areas in which there is not a large muscle mass to absorb the venom. A bite from any venomous snake should be taken very seriously and immediate medical attention sought, as allergic reaction and secondary infection are always possible.
The venom of the Southern copperhead has been found to hold a protein called "Contortrostatin" that halts the growth of cancer cells and also stops the migration of the tumors to other sites. It will probably be ten or more years before contortrostatin is used in practical treatment but it has shown to be a very promising drug in laboratory studies.
Although technically the antivenin CroFab could be used to treat an envenomation, it is usually not administered for copperheads, as the risk of complications of an allergic reaction to the treatment are greater than the risk from the snakebite itself in most cases. Pain management, antibiotics, and medical supervision in the case of complications is usually the course of action. In 2002 the Illinois poison control center report on the availability of antivenin, the report stated it used 1 Acp to 5 Acp depending on the symptoms and circumstances. The symptoms of a mild envenomation include swelling of the hand, mild cellulitis, and respiratory distress. The symptoms of a moderate envenomation would include swelling of the hand, vomiting, mild bleeding, ecchymosis, diaphoretic, sinus tachycardia, and hypotensive
#24 Jun 19, 2011
Copperhead Snake Bite Treatment
Copperhead snake bite treatment is very important, in case of the pets as the venom affects animal health quite badly. In case of humans, copperhead snake bites are typically not fatal. Before getting to know about the copperhead snake bite treatment, one might like to perform snake identification by characteristics, which is very important before treating any kind of snake bites. Here are some tips to consider as copperhead snake bite treatment.•Immobilize or freeze the bitten area. Make sure to place it on a lower level than that of the heart and stay calm. Staying calm will prohibit the venom from spreading throughout the body system.
•Never try to apply ice on the copperhead snake bite or even sucking out the venom. Instead, tie above the affected area very tightly which will reduce the blood supply to that part.
•If your pet is bitten by the copperhead snake, keep the animal calm and get it to the veterinarian as soon as possible.
Most importantly, do not try to kill the snake, it is the main reason why most of the people get bitten by them. For those of you who have undergone the treatment of copperhead snake bite, here is an interesting fact about the copperhead snake bite. Many medical journals actually state that the copperhead snake venom has many cancer fighting properties and a protein called as contortrostatin, which has properties to disrupt the tumorous cell's ability to affect the neighboring healthy cells. Isn't it an interesting fact!
Well, on this note, I conclude this little piece of information about the copperhead snake bite treatment. If you, your family member or any of the pets get affected by the copperhead snake bite, don't forget to seek medical attention, as soon as possible! Take care!
#25 Jun 19, 2011
change your name to stupid
#26 Jun 20, 2011
Does anyone know who the boy was that got bitten and how he is doing now?
#27 May 13, 2013
Are you seriously stating that all snakes lay eggs while laughing and calling someone stupid....I am sure you have left a bunch of people laughing at your dumbass some snakes lay eggs some give live birth. Copperheads give live birth their you are about 8 to 12 inches long at birth....What a dumbass.lol
#28 May 13, 2013
glad to hear he is doing ok
#29 May 13, 2013
gald to hear he is ok
#30 May 15, 2013
I was infromed by several Men while I was out looking for Hickory Chickens.(mushrooms) I was told that we had an abundance of Copper Head & Rattle snakes we had Unleashed in Knox County!By the Forestry Department ! Because of the the deficiet of these Spieces here in our County! I said you can bring them in & I can Promise you every Knox Countian will Kill everyone we come across!!! Can you Believe that they would bring Copper Heads & Diamond Back Rattle Snakes & just turn them loose here in our County! I know that this is True, because my Husband place his leg over a Log & found a Copper Head waiting on him to strike at him... I told my Husband you had better take your Gun with you because the Snake are out & I don't want you with a Snake Bite ! My Husabnd Shot the Copper Head & Came home with a few Mushrooms! People please be Careful while you are out there.. The Snakes have been turned lose & you need to be Aware that Snakes have been turned loose here in Knox County.....God Bless... A Momma
#31 May 16, 2013
Where were they turned loose at? Does anything help keep snakes away?
Add your comments below
|Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10)||9 min||BRAIN STORM||130,544|
|'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10)||16 min||Republicans Are S...||151,267|
|KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther...||19 min||Republicans Are S...||1,478|
|stephanie wallace||26 min||g bounce||1|
|marsha drury (Jul '11)||45 min||Man||3|
|Slush pup||49 min||I KNOW||3|
|KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11)||1 hr||Ancient Wolf||81,599|
|Roger Vanover trying to buy perscription medici... (May '12)||19 hr||Girl||40|
Find what you want!
Search Barbourville Forum Now