I know

Harrison, AR

#24 May 15, 2013
I know who you ate talking about that has the Black top business They live in a 2oo thousand dollar home and drive big fancy cars. and goes and get food stamps and medical cards for there kids. They put everything in there daddy name so they don't get caught . But god know all about them and one day they will pay for lying. Karma will get them just wait and see. There is alot of low lifes needs to get them a job and quit living off the Tax people money.
maricopa

Tacoma, WA

#25 May 15, 2013
The foodstamp program is having cuts made to it as you type about it on here. The Democrats are trying to stop the cuts but the GOP has already started them. So buckle up.
maricopa

Tacoma, WA

#27 May 15, 2013
Dead-Head wrote:
Griping about the lives of others, the way most of you seem to do, makes you all look jealous of those who draw.
And I'm not trying to start an argument, but it's true.
~Live and let live
Get off it specialist. You change your name and opinion so many times that no one cares what you say and your opinion matters even less.
dont matter

Madisonville, KY

#29 May 16, 2013
It really don't matter who draws what,their not going to cut our taxes any less.
turn in

Sheridan, AR

#31 May 16, 2013
It does matter because a few people out there really need it and can't get it. Plus for us that work and barley get by and the stamp people have it made! Have every min with their kids it's not right! I actually reported a couple don't know the outcome or even if they are looking into it but maybe they will
Really

London, KY

#32 May 16, 2013
You really reported someone for what you think is going on in there house do you live and eat and help them pay there bills, I didn't think!! all you done what acted in a way that you had know business, And believe it or not have you ever been on stamp they will not lasted more that three weeks and the other week you go without, people act like you eat steak everyday of the week but if you don't spend them right you will not be eat bean the last few day of the month, that is for a family of four, and before you say a word I work everyday and so does my husband my I do not draw one dollar of nothing and like it that away I going to go pay 200 dollar to the eye dr for my daughter and trust me I would love to have a medical card but right now I can live without it but make no mistake about it if I need it I would go get all the help I can because I work and have for 20 years I have payed enough in that if I needed it I would be getting what I have give, Saving the taxes money is not going to help me or you So with all of that been said, MIND YOU OWN BUSINESS!!
Phone

London, KY

#33 May 16, 2013
I will say that black topping business getting medical card is bull crap something does need done with that, they don't need it!
fed up

Middlesboro, KY

#34 May 16, 2013
I personally feel that all government assistance should be reserved for the working class, elderly, and physically disabled people. I know a girl, Ashley Shelton, who lives with her fiance, Mike Broughton in Corbin. She receives foodstamps, medical card, and welfare through Knox County, claiming to live alone in Barbourville. Mike alone brings in a 6 figure salary. This is sickening.
yep

Manchester, KY

#35 May 16, 2013
no. to Complain on social services. in Frankfort, 1-800-372-2973 to complain on a grocery store for buying food stamp cards 1-800-372-2970 i hope this helps
just me

London, KY

#36 May 16, 2013
Dead-Head wrote:
<quoted text>I agree with you.
Reading some of your posts I think it would be a better world if most people think the way you do. You really made me stop and think when you said you can't buy your friends. Maybe you should have went a little farther and included family. Any hoo jealous people are just that and trying to change them is a waste of your time.Just take comfort in the fact that why they are sitting around trying to destroy their friends, family, and neighbors they are also wasteing their on lives.
wastold

London, KY

#38 May 16, 2013
I have a question for you people that have adopted a child,I was told if you adopte a child you receive a check from the government.Can someone tell me if this is true or not?
Well

Barbourville, KY

#39 May 16, 2013
fed up wrote:
I personally feel that all government assistance should be reserved for the working class, elderly, and physically disabled people. I know a girl, Ashley Shelton, who lives with her fiance, Mike Broughton in Corbin. She receives foodstamps, medical card, and welfare through Knox County, claiming to live alone in Barbourville. Mike alone brings in a 6 figure salary. This is sickening.
And where does he work that he brings in a 6 figure salary? Or are you talking about dollars and cents!!?! Lol :)
Saw It

United States

#41 May 20, 2013
Nancys Store on 1304 buys foodstamps for 60 cents on the dollar. Hoskins Store did too. Why arent they getting in trouble
hey

Barbourville, KY

#42 May 21, 2013
Brothers market buys wic and sells gas and smokes for stamps.Crooked bunch out there!
travis

Somerset, KY

#43 May 21, 2013
wastold wrote:
I have a question for you people that have adopted a child,I was told if you adopte a child you receive a check from the government.Can someone tell me if this is true or not?
you do till the adoption is finally
fed up

Middlesboro, KY

#44 May 22, 2013
Well wrote:
<quoted text>
And where does he work that he brings in a 6 figure salary? Or are you talking about dollars and cents!!?! Lol :)
He works at Troll and Toad on American Greeting Road in Corbin. She works there as well, on a part time basis of course. Their employer knows what they are doing and frauduelently fills out the welfare papers. They say, "He pays taxes so he is only collecting what he has paid in".
sinner

London, KY

#45 May 22, 2013
I will tell you bunch of cry babies whats wrong with this post, you all are sticking your nose in someone elses business, mind your own because you don't know the situation these people are in. Just be happy you are able to walk out the door every morning to go to work, things could be a lot worse then what they are now. So thank the lord for what you have and don't be jealous of others, you should worry about the drug heads in this town, this is a poor post, spend your time with your elders. If you want to be a detective then go to school for it. Keep your nose inside of your house, worry about what your husband is doing while he is away.
sinner

London, KY

#46 May 22, 2013
Just a couple more things: You need to worry about what you are doing wrong, because I know you are not an angel and yes you do wrong, I know most of you complainers and karma will bite you.
New Knox employer

United States

#47 May 25, 2013
I have never seen so many people I've tried to hire that say they can't take a check because of their check?? How in the world could anyone there make it with the welfare abuse in that county. I'm out of there!!
Sorry Knox county
hopeful

London, KY

#48 May 25, 2013
call the state ombudsmans office, they will investigate.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 32 min Constiutional Aut... 131,439
No more old way cafe!!! 1 hr Prayers for evil ... 9
Let's Play Word Association (Nov '08) 1 hr Hatti_Hollerand 3,854
don't buy Mitchell's chilli 2 hr court jester 1
is jackson manor apartments good place to live? 4 hr truth teller 1
I need the best car accident lawyer in town 6 hr Peter Simmons 9
has anyone found a male fox hound with a red co... 6 hr Hunter 7
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Nov 16 appleannie46 47
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:38 pm PST

NBC Sports 2:38PM
Stats looking good, but Titans rookie QB wants win - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 3:14 AM
How Bell Reinvented His Game, Became Steelers' Workhorse
NFL 5:08 AM
Jeremy Hill 'deserves' touches as Bernard eases back
NBC Sports 6:28 AM
Todd Haley: We'll give Le'Veon Bell all that he can take
NBC Sports 3:10 PM
Titans' Williamson looking like 5th-round steal - NBC Sports