Why is south east Ky so poor and depressed?

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#42
Mar 31, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

billy bob wrote:
<quoted text>Old Mitch plays a big part. The people who have most of the coal rights in ky are oil men. Some times they let the p-ons work a little for them but all the big money leaves ky. If you keep voteing the same you will get the same. Old Mitch will be on TV telling his same old lies this year and people there will eat it up AS ALWAYS
This info is from an article by Laura Flanders. But I added the links for your convenience.
http://www.counterpunch.org/2004/04/01/first-...
Mitch McConnell's wife is Elaine Chao, she is the daughter of James Chao, the founder of Foremost shipping company. Foremost shipping carries goods between the US and China,the majority of all imports are by sea and Foremost shipping is a multi-billion dollar company.
James Chao has close ties with some of the most powerful people in China, both in business and politics. He went to school and was friends with Jaing Zemin the future leader of the Peoples Republic of China.
http://search.aol.com/aol/search...
James Chao got his start in the shipping business with the Tung family of Shanghai, powerful in both business and politics. Tung Chee Hwa was the first chief executive of Hong Kong after its reunification with mainland China.
http://search.aol.com/aol/search... +
James Chao's wife is from the Hsus family of Hong Kong and are also a powerful family in shipping and politics. but I haven't found any info about them yet.
Here is another link concerning Mitch McConnells finances I found to be very interesting and worth reading. I thought Mitch's wife was a gold digger but it appears he was.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/12/05/9258...
Now all you McConnell people can curse me all you like.
shedevil

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#43
Apr 1, 2013
 
Limbertwig wrote:
The greed of crooked politicians and their church house pals.
At least they work at something.
wow

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#44
Apr 2, 2013
 
So the rich families want the county to stay poor? This on purpose? Also it doesn't seem like their family members are doing such a good job or their would be growth in the town.
Dyslexic Luthor

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#45
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

I always find it funny when the typical low brow holier-than-thou religotard starts blaming problems on people 'lazy drawing a check', ss if the petty money one can get in welfare is a deterrent to working. People are on checks because there are NO jobs, and the few jobs that are around here are low wage, the majority only minimum wage.

There was a chance to bring some jobs and revenue into the city with legal Liquor sales. These same religotards bitching about welfare stacked the vote against legal sales. You people created the stagnation here in this county, enjoy it because its not going away while you people still live here and refuse to allow the area to progress into the 21st century... Die soon please.

“Not afraid to stand alone.”

Since: Jun 09

Flat Lick Ky.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#46
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

1

Dyslexic Luthor wrote:
I always find it funny when the typical low brow holier-than-thou religotard starts blaming problems on people 'lazy drawing a check', ss if the petty money one can get in welfare is a deterrent to working. People are on checks because there are NO jobs, and the few jobs that are around here are low wage, the majority only minimum wage.
There was a chance to bring some jobs and revenue into the city with legal Liquor sales. These same religotards bitching about welfare stacked the vote against legal sales. You people created the stagnation here in this county, enjoy it because its not going away while you people still live here and refuse to allow the area to progress into the 21st century... Die soon please.
Amen!!!
Southern Ed

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#47
Apr 3, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Dyslexic Luthor wrote:
I always find it funny when the typical low brow holier-than-thou religotard starts blaming problems on people 'lazy drawing a check', ss if the petty money one can get in welfare is a deterrent to working. People are on checks because there are NO jobs, and the few jobs that are around here are low wage, the majority only minimum wage.

There was a chance to bring some jobs and revenue into the city with legal Liquor sales. These same religotards bitching about welfare stacked the vote against legal sales. You people created the stagnation here in this county, enjoy it because its not going away while you people still live here and refuse to allow the area to progress into the 21st century... Die soon please.
You hit it spot fkn on! Let's not forget the good ol' southern political system that has held progress back only to line their pockets under the table. Only the political families get jobs and promotions here while the 'paupers' remain striving to survive. I have seen many a man lower their standards just to get, and keep a job in this region because people are so jealous they don't want you to succeed and have anything better than them. But that's ok, because Sunday I know they will be praying for us all. It's the same shite here in this county. Nothing ever changes for the good.
corbinite

Corbin, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#48
Apr 3, 2013
 
Bunch of dumba$$, lazy, meth-head, welfare suckers having dumba$$, lazy, pot smoking, moron kids...sucking the taxpayer dry and wanting nothing but the next 'chick.'

That's why this area sucks.
billy bob

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#49
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Limbertwig wrote:
<quoted text>
This info is from an article by Laura Flanders. But I added the links for your convenience.
http://www.counterpunch.org/2004/04/01/first-...
Mitch McConnell's wife is Elaine Chao, she is the daughter of James Chao, the founder of Foremost shipping company. Foremost shipping carries goods between the US and China,the majority of all imports are by sea and Foremost shipping is a multi-billion dollar company.
James Chao has close ties with some of the most powerful people in China, both in business and politics. He went to school and was friends with Jaing Zemin the future leader of the Peoples Republic of China.
http://search.aol.com/aol/search...
James Chao got his start in the shipping business with the Tung family of Shanghai, powerful in both business and politics. Tung Chee Hwa was the first chief executive of Hong Kong after its reunification with mainland China.
http://search.aol.com/aol/search... +
James Chao's wife is from the Hsus family of Hong Kong and are also a powerful family in shipping and politics. but I haven't found any info about them yet.
Here is another link concerning Mitch McConnells finances I found to be very interesting and worth reading. I thought Mitch's wife was a gold digger but it appears he was.
http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/12/05/9258...
Now all you McConnell people can curse me all you like.
Thanks for info, I would say old mitch played a big part china imports. only in ky could he get as far as he has. People well eat bread and water there and still vote for that thing.NUTS
idk

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#50
Apr 5, 2013
 
Southern Ed wrote:
<quoted text>
You hit it spot fkn on! Let's not forget the good ol' southern political system that has held progress back only to line their pockets under the table. Only the political families get jobs and promotions here while the 'paupers' remain striving to survive. I have seen many a man lower their standards just to get, and keep a job in this region because people are so jealous they don't want you to succeed and have anything better than them. But that's ok, because Sunday I know they will be praying for us all. It's the same shite here in this county. Nothing ever changes for the good.
But even the good families are starting to feel it. So the plan didn't work.
heard that

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#51
Apr 5, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

it's meant to stay that way so the goverment will send money to these impoverished countys so the politicians can get their greedy hands on it.
billy bob

Port Charlotte, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#52
Apr 6, 2013
 
heard that wrote:
it's meant to stay that way so the goverment will send money to these impoverished countys so the politicians can get their greedy hands on it.
like Iraq! Bush and friends. Well said
shedevil

Hazard, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#53
Apr 6, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

I believe in helping people who really need it.But I think they need to do random drug tests and if you test positive your foodstamps and checks should be terminated.Its not right that us honest hard working tax payers pay for a bunch of meth heads.And yes I believe people overseas should be helped to they didn't ask to be born over there and the bible says help your neighbors and they are your neighbors and if not for the grace of god it could have been you born overseas.
willing

Williamsburg, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#54
Apr 7, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Dyslexic Luthor wrote:
I always find it funny when the typical low brow holier-than-thou religotard starts blaming problems on people 'lazy drawing a check', ss if the petty money one can get in welfare is a deterrent to working. People are on checks because there are NO jobs, and the few jobs that are around here are low wage, the majority only minimum wage.
There was a chance to bring some jobs and revenue into the city with legal Liquor sales. These same religotards bitching about welfare stacked the vote against legal sales. You people created the stagnation here in this county, enjoy it because its not going away while you people still live here and refuse to allow the area to progress into the 21st century... Die soon please.
There is work around here if a person is determened to work.The job shop an places like that are always asking for help.You might have to drive to corbin or another county but they will keep you working.There is nothing wrong with drawing a check if you have something wrong with you but if you are healthy enough to work then you should work an leave the checks for the people who really need them.
well

Glasgow, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#55
May 9, 2013
 
There are more people in the state drawing checks than there are working. Gotta be something wrong with that.
scoop

Eubank, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#56
May 10, 2013
 
willing wrote:
<quoted text>There is work around here if a person is determened to work.The job shop an places like that are always asking for help.You might have to drive to corbin or another county but they will keep you working.There is nothing wrong with drawing a check if you have something wrong with you but if you are healthy enough to work then you should work an leave the checks for the people who really need them.
Yeah brilliant"NOT" those places use you like a condom and when they bust they're nut ,throw you away.Not to mention by the time you pay car insurance ,taxes for everything around you and gas and rent and utilities you have nothing left to survive on,although you may be able to buy you a meal. Inflation is high and your pay is 8$ an hour,God forbid you get sick.Go to one of these factories and see how they run threw temp's.They work you to death and wo'nt hire or by the time they are ready to hire you're to broke down to carry on.save that shit.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 55 of55
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

67 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min Le Jimbo 144,892
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 9 min Khatru 127,983
Ssi cuts foodstamps badly ! (Jan '13) 21 min Dude 82
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 33 min NO NO 81,552
blackberry's 1 hr Blackberry 6
Red Chevy Cruze 1 hr just found out 4
big yard sale 2 hr jackie 1
KC Basketball Coach 5 hr KC Fan 55
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 13 hr Fillus 382
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••