almost time to vote all the old faces out of office! can't wait!

Posted in the Barbourville Forum

jack

London, KY

#1 Apr 29, 2014
we can all see nothing get's done in this town and no entertainment for the people who live here with nothing getting worked on or improved for the people it's time vote them all out and vote all new in! let's show them the people have the real power here!
Voter

Barbourville, KY

#2 Apr 29, 2014
jack wrote:
we can all see nothing get's done in this town and no entertainment for the people who live here with nothing getting worked on or improved for the people it's time vote them all out and vote all new in! let's show them the people have the real power here!
I agree the city council and ficial court control what happens vote them all out in may and nov .
another voter

Barbourville, KY

#3 Apr 29, 2014
the city council is getting rid of them old names one at a time, they wil get my vote, keep it up
Hob nob

Barbourville, KY

#4 Apr 29, 2014
another voter wrote:
the city council is getting rid of them old names one at a time, they wil get my vote, keep it up
yep I always trusted Wilma and Gary never did the other three but never again their all gone and only cima and mc Donald pats sick and cima will be back in on the county .
funny

Barbourville, KY

#5 Apr 29, 2014
jack wrote:
So what is new about that? There was no entertainment for the people before. What was being worked on up to now? What did you expect? Construction of an arena in a couple of months time? lol. A movie theater? A bowling alley? If you have the money to front something like that, go for it.
People post the silliest things on here and think everyone will stand back and nod their heads uh-huh, uh-huh. Some do, I guess. But think about how ridiculous the above is in the context of the history of this town, and the poverty and ignorance here. There's a lot of work to do.
jack

London, KY

#6 Apr 29, 2014
i'm sick of people trying to use poverty as a reason not to have things to do around here if anything it should be more of a reason to have things of course your probly one of these people who are in office who don't want the town to have anything as long as you get a pay check the way i look at it if you can't improve things and do something useful for the people who vote you in office you should be voted out i wish you could vote a new face in every year not 4 years then we see people do their job!
Resident

Barbourville, KY

#7 Apr 29, 2014
jack wrote:
i'm sick of people trying to use poverty as a reason not to have things to do around here if anything it should be more of a reason to have things of course your probly one of these people who are in office who don't want the town to have anything as long as you get a pay check the way i look at it if you can't improve things and do something useful for the people who vote you in office you should be voted out i wish you could vote a new face in every year not 4 years then we see people do their job!
The city council people make a thousand dollars each month they should donate that back if they are for the town .
Nov

Barbourville, KY

#8 Apr 29, 2014
Vote in a new council
Sully

Clay City, KY

#9 Apr 29, 2014
As I said earlier in the thread about Mitch McConnell....

You see, our local as well as national government is rigged, it's ruled by bankers and the satanic elite known as the Illuminati, and they are hell bent on bringing about a one world government sooner than later.

And with the high fuel and food prices along with all other living expenses going through the roof, it appears the "new world order" will indeed be sooner rather than later.

Please, get right with God, accept Christ as savior, expose these evil elite and get everyone else to do the same. God bless.

And here is just a bit of evidence to back up my point....

https://www.youtube.com/watch...
serious question

Bowling Green, KY

#10 Apr 29, 2014
Has anyone ever actually took the time to look up the responsibilities of the council and the responsibilities of the mayor? Do your homework...ladies and gents
Well

Barbourville, KY

#11 Apr 30, 2014
serious question wrote:
Has anyone ever actually took the time to look up the responsibilities of the council and the responsibilities of the mayor? Do your homework...ladies and gents
The employees say they put a STOP to the council members sticking their nose in their business and they have learned their lesson on trying to fire or force retirement of employees the police dept has made sure Ronnie Gary and Sherman keep their noses out of their jobs. I guess that shows their responsibilities and limits now .
surely

Barbourville, KY

#12 Apr 30, 2014
Resident wrote:
<quoted text> The city council people make a thousand dollars each month they should donate that back if they are for the town .
As I am sure you would, too, given the chance?
serious question

Bowling Green, KY

#13 Apr 30, 2014
Well wrote:
<quoted text>The employees say they put a STOP to the council members sticking their nose in their business and they have learned their lesson on trying to fire or force retirement of employees the police dept has made sure Ronnie Gary and Sherman keep their noses out of their jobs. I guess that shows their responsibilities and limits now .
Clearly you have some kind of reading deficiency. I didn't ask what do people "say". Because if you pay attention...."they" say a whole lot. For good reason you dodged, deflected, or conveniently ignored my question. So here's an opportunity to redeem yourself.....Anyone ever looked up the responsibilities of the council, and the responsibilities of the mayor?
serious answer

Barbourville, KY

#14 Apr 30, 2014
serious question wrote:
<quoted text>
Clearly you have some kind of reading deficiency. I didn't ask what do people "say". Because if you pay attention...."they" say a whole lot. For good reason you dodged, deflected, or conveniently ignored my question. So here's an opportunity to redeem yourself.....Anyone ever looked up the responsibilities of the council, and the responsibilities of the mayor?
http://www.lrc.ky.gov/statutes/statute.aspx...

I did
serious question

Bowling Green, KY

#15 May 1, 2014
serious answer wrote:
Thank you! Notice that the mayor can delegate authority. Also notice the very first sentence of the last subsection. My point? The council, seeing their responsibility of creating/maintaining a budget for the city (how the money should be spent), actually can check in periodically with various departments to see if any problems exist, such as theft issues which effect the city budget. At my work place, I don't mind anybody checking over my work nor should city employees unless....well, unless they have something to hide perhaps?
Comment

Madison, TN

#16 May 1, 2014
Only real job Collins has ever had was with R Farmer and the state fired him. His dad paid his way through school. He never mowed yards to pay for college like they say.
Yes sir

Barbourville, KY

#17 May 1, 2014
serious question wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you! Notice that the mayor can delegate authority. Also notice the very first sentence of the last subsection. My point? The council, seeing their responsibility of creating/maintaining a budget for the city (how the money should be spent), actually can check in periodically with various departments to see if any problems exist, such as theft issues which effect the city budget. At my work place, I don't mind anybody checking over my work nor should city employees unless....well, unless they have something to hide perhaps?
you can bet the police officers have put a stop to Sherman sticking his nose in their business check with Gary or Ronnie for you think it's not true

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Need food badly 24 min Helper 35
Heard Nick Mandel almost died 55 min Concerned 1
Night life in Barbourville 1 hr Jack 1
To the Garland family 2 hr uhhh 2
it should be against the law for a woman to drive 2 hr common sense 4
Rats?? just wondering 4 hr Snuffleupagu 5
kids free glasses and hearing checked 4 hr aaa 8
Porsche mills 10 hr Info 21
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) Dec 15 Corky 51
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Barbourville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Barbourville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:36 pm PST

NFL 2:36PM
Blake Bortles to start Thursday night for Jaguars
NBC Sports 3:20 PM
Could Tennessee be Jay Cutler's next destination?
NBC Sports 3:50 PM
Bengals heading back into withering spotlight - NBC Sports
Bleacher Report 4:11 PM
Live: Titans vs. Jaguars
ESPN 4:21 PM
Jags don 'I Can't Breathe' shirts for warmups