Player

United States

#1 Sep 22, 2013
We need to thank these three guys because the BHS kids needed the money.
concerned

Barbourville, KY

#2 Sep 22, 2013
Dinky sure gonna miss it!!!!
omg

Barbourville, KY

#3 Sep 23, 2013
please don't stop bingo it isn't hurting anybody if you don't play go do something else .
Ridiculous

Barbourville, KY

#4 Sep 23, 2013
Is the city mad bc they aren't getting the money from it? It's benefiting the school. City school has done it since I can remember. When I was in school there that is how wemade minmoney for prom. Especially now with the economy, it's hard to sell things throughout the year but ALOT of people come to play bingo even if they don't go to the festival. It's a way to interact and see people in a sit down and mutual setting. Good meeting place. And overall good time. Electioneering goes on and pots are put up to get their sponsorship out. It's a great time and if you don't like it, don't go. I don't see how the city can get rid of it because it's the city school and Fire dept.
homie the halfwit

Barbourville, KY

#5 Sep 23, 2013
to many peeps investing their cash in bingo when they should be paying $4 to ride the merri go round. if 1 school can have bingo ,why not 10 churches .. split it up so nobody has any money to skim.
grayman

London, KY

#6 Sep 23, 2013
churches losing to much money
help

Williamsburg, KY

#7 Sep 23, 2013
take ur money to london to the chicken festival.that's where i'm going i don't spend no money in barbourville.
Jack

Williamsburg, KY

#8 Sep 23, 2013
Player wrote:
cutting into the churches bingo money, so they pulled some strings!
aal

Barbourville, KY

#9 Sep 24, 2013
concerned wrote:
Dinky sure gonna miss it!!!!
No bingo at Daniel Boone?????
Bingo

London, KY

#10 Sep 24, 2013
Player wrote:
Too many people with comprehension problems, they dont understand that B-4 and before are not the same thing. Knox County, nuff said.
aal

Barbourville, KY

#11 Sep 25, 2013
Bingo wrote:
<quoted text>
Too many people with comprehension problems, they dont understand that B-4 and before are not the same thing. Knox County, nuff said.
People keep taking away from Daniel Boone!!! lots of people enjoy bingo!!!! and I know they make money from it!!!!
ops

Barbourville, KY

#12 Sep 25, 2013
Whats next the fonrtear camp and Indains? they might as well its the only thing left that is remotely close to what DBF is about might as well do away with those things and start calling the DBF a county fair
Paddle Whackey

Graham, WA

#13 Sep 26, 2013
ops wrote:
Whats next the fonrtear camp and Indains? they might as well its the only thing left that is remotely close to what DBF is about might as well do away with those things and start calling the DBF a county fair
Are you referring to the "Frontier Camp and Indians"?? No wonder they did away with bingo, you people don't even know which letter is which.
ops

Barbourville, KY

#14 Sep 26, 2013
Paddle Whackey wrote:
<quoted text>Are you referring to the "Frontier Camp and Indians"?? No wonder they did away with bingo, you people don't even know which letter is which.
thank your local school system. yes I cant spell one thing good about not being able to spell is I don't have to be a jacka$$ and correct others you people are always looking for something to look down on people for. far as I care they can do away with the whole DBF I was just saying the DBF is part of knox county history. The DBF is held each year to remember the people who came before us I bet not one of you can tell me how to DBF got started without looking it up. nobody cares about there history any more they would much rather pick on somebody for bad spelling or anything that would hurt somebodys feelings
ops

Barbourville, KY

#15 Sep 26, 2013
Nobody knows why we have a Daniel Boone festival ? I figure someone would have said something by now. The festival was not started just to make money its to remember history. people get so tied up in making a dollar they let there dumbness and greed take them over they forget the point of many things and turn it into something its not. if you put people like that in charge of everone well I hate to say it you end up with a town like this one
devil worship

Barbourville, KY

#16 Sep 26, 2013
its a secret pagan ritual
Paddle Whackey

Graham, WA

#17 Sep 26, 2013
ops wrote:
<quoted text>thank your local school system. yes I cant spell one thing good about not being able to spell is I don't have to be a jacka$$ and correct others you people are always looking for something to look down on people for. far as I care they can do away with the whole DBF I was just saying the DBF is part of knox county history. The DBF is held each year to remember the people who came before us I bet not one of you can tell me how to DBF got started without looking it up. nobody cares about there history any more they would much rather pick on somebody for bad spelling or anything that would hurt somebodys feelings
Oh I hurt your feelings, too bad the truth hurts. Did you know that Kentucky was actually named Canetuck? Did you know that the Indians signed over the rights to harvest the cane to the settlers? I think that's how the DBF got started. It wasn't originally the DBF.
ops

Barbourville, KY

#18 Sep 27, 2013
Paddle Whackey wrote:
<quoted text>Oh I hurt your feelings, too bad the truth hurts. Did you know that Kentucky was actually named Canetuck? Did you know that the Indians signed over the rights to harvest the cane to the settlers? I think that's how the DBF got started. It wasn't originally the DBF.
I could be wrong but I think KY was called Ken Tuck and I think the daniel boone festival was started by a professer at union. I dont know his name. I can't remember the whole story.
Cannatuckahoe

Barbourville, KY

#19 Sep 27, 2013
named by the shawnee because of the Cherokee Tuckahoe people settled in the area.Cannatuckahoe. The cumberland river was the traditional northern boundry of the cherokee but shawnnee lived on both banks as well as cherokee on both banks.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wendy Mills engaged?? 20 min Truth Hurts 5
KY What's mitch McConnell done for coal, when ther... 1 hr DANGEROUS CURVE A... 5,309
Barbourville high school salaries WOW 1 hr Enough said 23
kC principal injured 2 hr Sarah J 2
The parent who flipped off and threatened every... 2 hr Lisa 3
knox board of ed raising taxes 2 hr just get worse 97
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 2 hr Ari son of Anarchy 153,924
Knox parent out of control goes after student a... 4 hr fan 15
Knox parent goes off at Bell and Knox football ... 12 hr Confused 6
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••