joker

London, KY

#1 Aug 11, 2013
anyone voting for Mike Smith ?
Mike Smith

London, KY

#2 Aug 11, 2013
joker wrote:
anyone voting for Mike Smith ?
yep
me

Barbourville, KY

#3 Aug 11, 2013
YES!
Good read

Somerset, KY

#4 Feb 18, 2014
Sheriffs in Kentucky are elected for four-year terms and are not term limited. Kentucky Sheriffs along with Constables are the chief law-enforcement officers in their county. Sheriffs and Constables in Kentucky have Full Arrest powers in all areas of their particular county, including incorporated cities. In most cases, however, they will patrol in cities when they deem fit, or in the case of a major emergency. Deputies will jointly patrol unincorporated areas of their county with the Kentucky State Police, who have full statewide police authority. In addition, sheriffs in Kentucky are responsible for court security, serving court papers and transporting prisoners. They are also responsible for collecting taxes on real estate and tangible property.

One of the main differences between Kentucky sheriffs and sheriffs in other states is that Kentucky sheriffs do not run the county jails. County jails are run by a separate elected officer called a jailer who has the authority to employ deputy jailers. The sheriff's office, however, may be asked by the jailer to assist with jail security in the event of an emergency.

Deputy sheriffs, like municipal police officers, must be trained and certified as peace officers through the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet Law Enforcement Training Center at Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond, unless they have previously completed another recognized police academy. To maintain certification, all certified peace officers must complete forty hours of in-service training annually. Sheriffs themselves, however, are not mandated to be trained and certified as the job requirements for sheriff are described in the Kentucky Constitution, rather than the Kentucky Revised Statutes. Many sheriffs, however, do choose to receive this training if they had not received it as a law enforcement officer with another agency prior to their election.
Curious Girl

AOL

#5 Feb 19, 2014
Good read wrote:
Sheriffs in Kentucky are elected for four-year terms and are not term limited. Kentucky Sheriffs along with Constables are the chief law-enforcement officers in their county. Sheriffs and Constables in Kentucky have Full Arrest powers in all areas of their particular county, including incorporated cities. In most cases, however, they will patrol in cities when they deem fit, or in the case of a major emergency. Deputies will jointly patrol unincorporated areas of their county with the Kentucky State Police, who have full statewide police authority. In addition, sheriffs in Kentucky are responsible for court security, serving court papers and transporting prisoners. They are also responsible for collecting taxes on real estate and tangible property.
One of the main differences between Kentucky sheriffs and sheriffs in other states is that Kentucky sheriffs do not run the county jails. County jails are run by a separate elected officer called a jailer who has the authority to employ deputy jailers. The sheriff's office, however, may be asked by the jailer to assist with jail security in the event of an emergency.
Deputy sheriffs, like municipal police officers, must be trained and certified as peace officers through the Kentucky Justice and Public Safety Cabinet Law Enforcement Training Center at Eastern Kentucky University in Richmond, unless they have previously completed another recognized police academy. To maintain certification, all certified peace officers must complete forty hours of in-service training annually. Sheriffs themselves, however, are not mandated to be trained and certified as the job requirements for sheriff are described in the Kentucky Constitution, rather than the Kentucky Revised Statutes. Many sheriffs, however, do choose to receive this training if they had not received it as a law enforcement officer with another agency prior to their election.
Exactly what are you trying to tell us here? I just know we need a new sherrif in town!
Good read

Somerset, KY

#7 Feb 19, 2014
Curious Girl wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly what are you trying to tell us here? I just know we need a new sherrif in town!
You would be surprised at how little people know. Keep reading good read through other post. You would be surprised at the people, who do not know requirements, laws and their rights as citizens. I am not speaking of only this post.
Pie

Manchester, KY

#10 Feb 20, 2014
Ask how many deputies have been academy trained in Knox county, even the Sheriff and Cheif Deputy arent. They have a bunch of guys running the roads trying to handle dangerous things they arent prepared for! To date they have only 3 certified deputies on duty. That place is a circus and the people should know.
knox

London, KY

#11 Feb 22, 2014
Politics wrote:
<quoted text>
Do you really think mike is going to change any of that? This world is corrupt and evil. Mike will be just like all the sheriffs past. He will be law enforcement until its strikes home. I guess you really think mike will keep your home safe so you can go on vacation. Think again. Mike will be to concerned keeping his hand over Gina and beating down whichever boyfriend she has this week.im distantly kin to somebody she has already caused all this to happen to. And I guess your family has nobody who does any wrong? You too will be fine with mikes posse of deputies until it comes home to daddy mommy unle aunt brother sister. Then you will not like the ways of the ex ksp. I promise you that.
Your comments are slanderous!
You have no idea what you are talking about.
TOTALLY CLUELESS.
Smart vote

Madison, TN

#15 Mar 2, 2014
The smart vote would be mike smith all the way.if the one in office wont do the job, keep voting till we get someone who will. Mike is a very nice guy with the resources to help knox county and the will to do it.
Respect get some

Somerset, KY

#17 Mar 7, 2014
Smart vote wrote:
The smart vote would be mike smith all the way.if the one in office wont do the job, keep voting till we get someone who will. Mike is a very nice guy with the resources to help knox county and the will to do it.
Not yet sure who to electioneer for Sheriff. You and everyone else talks about how nice Mike is and that he is qualified (I agree). You also said he has resources to help Knox County. What resources does he have that John Pickard does not? You say John won't do the job, could you elaborate? I am for one just not sure which.

The Sheriff office has made more arrest and I am looking at jail tracker randomly to assume this than city or state.
He has started to keep the public updated of arrest on facebook.
He works not only calls but follows up on robberies plus his other duties.

Help me when you say he is not doing his job.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 4 min Mike thunkit 138,194
lynn camp 4 min Parent 7
Romeo's restaurant to be on restaurant impossible! 3 hr Sharon 28
Whose the blonde prostitute that walks in town ... 4 hr Bite 1
Where Did The Town Prostitute Go (May '14) 5 hr black homie 12
Scotty Powell Not Reporting Cash Jobs 5 hr Town girl 12
where did wild roses go? 6 hr i know 5
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]