wow

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

Thursday April 23, 2009 7:28 PM WKYT Home WYMT Home Station Info News Tip Contact Us Mostly Cloudy
Temp: 67 F (19 C)
More Weather
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport, KY
Weather
Central KY Weather Eastern KY Weather Weather Maps News
Central KY News Eastern KY News National News Health Money Sports
WKYT Sports WYMT Sports UK Sports High School Sports Blogs
WYMT Weather Blog WKYT Weather Blog WKYT Sports Blog Employment Blog Chalk Talk Blog Travel Blog WKYT Political Blog WYMT Sports Blog WYMT Political Blog Behind the Camera Blog Movie Blog NASCAR Blog Sport Analysis Technology Blog The Ball Report Central KY High School Sports Triathlete Training Fitness Blog Good News Blog Classifieds
Contests
Find It
Links and Numbers What's New Desktop Alert Entertainment Newsletters Recent Newscasts Weddings Contests KY's Best Doughnuts Mr. Food Health Rental Guide .com Daily Health
Health News Health Watch Health Connections Community
Kentucky Newsmakers Issues and Answers Health Health Connections Health Watch Recipes Calendars What's New Pictures Sex Offenders Crimestoppers Birthday Club Rental Guide Movies
Movie Listings What's On
WKYT Programming WYMT Programming CWKYT Programming Jobs
Project Green
iWitness

Police: Witness Told Them of "3 Hour Fight" Between Missing Man And Suspect Save Email Print

Posted: 5:32 PM Apr 23, 2009
Last Updated: 6:29 PM Apr 23, 2009
Reporter: Phil Pendleton
Email Address: phil.pendleton@wkyt.com

0 comments

----------

Testimony In Missing Man Case

----------

A | A | A His body hasn't been found and no one is charged with killing him, but police say they're confident a murder has been committed..

On Thursday morning, they outlined their case against two men charged with disposing of Jeremy Johnson's body. He vanished in June.

According to what police said on the witness stand Thursday, Daniel Grubb and Jeremy Johnson may have had a "3 hour off and on fight" that started at the former Angels and Wings Restaurant & Bar in Corbin.

Exactly how Johnson died may be up for debate, but police said on the stand that Grubb and Bobby Walters are responsible for doing something with his body.

Police testified about a possible motive for an argument between Grubb and Johnson, who's been missing now since June 10, 2008.

“At one time…she (witness) heard Daniel yell Jeremy’s name and said it was over pills and money,” Det. Jason York testified Thursday during a preliminary hearing for Walters and Grubb in Knox District Court.

There was testimony from police statements that the fight may have escalated into something tragic, but police have not charged either suspect with murder.

“And Bobby told her (witness)….that Daniel had killed a guy, that Daniel came to his trailer or house and said,‘I killed Jeremy Johnson last night after a fight, hit him with a cinder block,'” said Det. York when answering questions from the Knox County Attorney.

Det. York later said that the witness told them that Grubb wanted to confess, but that Walters talked him out of it because "your father won't be able to help you."

Defense attorneys call those statements “hearsay,” but police say they were also able to record a phone conversation April 15th between a witness and Walters that led to Grubb’s and Walter’s arrests.

“On two different times, when he (Walters) was asked if anybody saw him and saw Daniel drag the body to the car, both times he said, no,” said Det. York.

The judge found probably cause and sent the case to the grand jury.

kybutterfly

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 23, 2009

wow wrote:
Thursday April 23, 2009 7:28 PM WKYT Home WYMT Home Station Info News Tip Contact Us Mostly Cloudy
Temp: 67 F (19 C)
More Weather
Lexington, Blue Grass Airport, KY
Weather
Central KY Weather Eastern KY Weather Weather Maps News
Central KY News Eastern KY News National News Health Money Sports
WKYT Sports WYMT Sports UK Sports High School Sports Blogs
WYMT Weather Blog WKYT Weather Blog WKYT Sports Blog Employment Blog Chalk Talk Blog Travel Blog WKYT Political Blog WYMT Sports Blog WYMT Political Blog Behind the Camera Blog Movie Blog NASCAR Blog Sport Analysis Technology Blog The Ball Report Central KY High School Sports Triathlete Training Fitness Blog Good News Blog Classifieds
Contests
Find It
Links and Numbers What's New Desktop Alert Entertainment Newsletters Recent Newscasts Weddings Contests KY's Best Doughnuts Mr. Food Health Rental Guide .com Daily Health
Health News Health Watch Health Connections Community
Kentucky Newsmakers Issues and Answers Health Health Connections Health Watch Recipes Calendars What's New Pictures Sex Offenders Crimestoppers Birthday Club Rental Guide Movies
Movie Listings What's On
WKYT Programming WYMT Programming CWKYT Programming Jobs
Project Green
iWitness
Police: Witness Told Them of "3 Hour Fight" Between Missing Man And Suspect Save Email Print
Posted: 5:32 PM Apr 23, 2009
Last Updated: 6:29 PM Apr 23, 2009
Reporter: Phil Pendleton
Email Address: phil.pendleton@wkyt.com
0 comments
----------
Testimony In Missing Man Case
----------
A | A | A His body hasn't been found and no one is charged with killing him, but police say they're confident a murder has been committed..
On Thursday morning, they outlined their case against two men charged with disposing of Jeremy Johnson's body. He vanished in June.
According to what police said on the witness stand Thursday, Daniel Grubb and Jeremy Johnson may have had a "3 hour off and on fight" that started at the former Angels and Wings Restaurant & Bar in Corbin.
Exactly how Johnson died may be up for debate, but police said on the stand that Grubb and Bobby Walters are responsible for doing something with his body.
Police testified about a possible motive for an argument between Grubb and Johnson, who's been missing now since June 10, 2008.
“At one time…she (witness) heard Daniel yell Jeremy’s name and said it was over pills and money,” Det. Jason York testified Thursday during a preliminary hearing for Walters and Grubb in Knox District Court.
There was testimony from police statements that the fight may have escalated into something tragic, but police have not charged either suspect with murder.
“And Bobby told her (witness)….that Daniel had killed a guy, that Daniel came to his trailer or house and said,‘I killed Jeremy Johnson last night after a fight, hit him with a cinder block,'” said Det. York when answering questions from the Knox County Attorney.
Det. York later said that the witness told them that Grubb wanted to confess, but that Walters talked him out of it because "your father won't be able to help you."
Defense attorneys call those statements “hearsay,” but police say they were also able to record a phone conversation April 15th between a witness and Walters that led to Grubb’s and Walter’s arrests.
“On two different times, when he (Walters) was asked if anybody saw him and saw Daniel drag the body to the car, both times he said, no,” said Det. York.
The judge found probably cause and sent the case to the grand jury.
go knox co , do your thing, i Pray for the Johnson family . I think something will really be found out this time.knox co sheriff dept, Jason york is doing a great job, hope they will continue til it's over, A year is to long for this missing person/murder ???
Screwhim

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

Did Daniel get killed in prison??
wondering

Manchester, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 20, 2013

When did he get killed in prison? I never did ever hear anything else about that trial or what ever happened. I know Bobbie Walters passed away of natural cases while in jail but I never did hear if this ever went to trial or what punishment they received.
owe ya

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

I remember around when that happened I didn't know Jeremy Johnson was missing, Zack Hart was wanting to move up to Indianapolis around then and he did. Yeah Zack and some others had already been talking about it, they probably didn't know for sure if it was true, and Zack wanted out of Corbin before he got insinuated, it was kinda close to the time when Daniel had gotten arrested, maybe.
Does any one know if, Daniel's sister able to get Her boy back from Social Services, yet?
owe ya

Saylorsburg, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 29, 2014

Yeah Her son He's probably somewhere above ten years old now.

This all those drugies fault, they wanted to get drugs around Daniel's Pretty sister Jessica, it's Jeremy's fault too, but he won't bring drugs around Her Family no more.

Yeah those drug dealers see something Beautiful and want to ruin it.

I hate them stupid young drug dealing wanna be Daddies.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 6 of6
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

46 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 6 min Limbertwig 144,599
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 50 min Mike Duquette 127,770
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 1 hr whocares 360
Do people still cruise the strip on weekends? 2 hr Nope 9
KC Basketball Coach 2 hr Well 46
Melissa Collett (May '12) 2 hr Mad 45
Brooke (Teeth) (Oct '09) 2 hr Amy 27
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000