Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters

Full story: TwinCities.com

Supporters of Republican U.S. Senate candidate Rand Paul wrestled a woman to the ground and one stepped on her head after she tried to confront the candidate in Kentucky.

Comments (Page 1,118)

Showing posts 22,341 - 22,360 of26,170
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Not changing the point, but it's nice/Christian you dismiss an actual death, by a guy without coverage...

It's a dumb question, since medical decisions on coverage have been made for eons.. Of course, you're such a partisan putz, that's above your IQ !
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Amused Slew wrote:
Not changing the point, but it's nice/Christian you dismiss an actual death, by a guy without coverage...
It's a dumb question, since medical decisions on coverage have been made for eons.. Of course, you're such a partisan putz, that's above your IQ !
One more attempt to get you to think>Coverage is determined by the policy content.Deciding what to do about the usual and normal treatment by the appointed elitist in Washington called death panels,is the question.You comprehend?

Why are you so concerned about one that passed away?A relative?
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Judged:

Call them whatever you've been taught, but it's clear hypocrisy to cry about titles...

WHEN you're avoiding REALITY !!!

I see, you dodged my comment on Paul's dead campaign manager, who died broke and without coverage...

Seems like a "Christian" thing to do, since his death didn't affect you, right ??

We see who needs rhetoric and who finds reality....

Question: Does the Affordable Care Act (i.e.,“Obamacare”), include “death panels”?

Answer: If you consider death panels to be people who answer the phone when you doctor calls to find out whether you can have heart bypass surgery at age 70, then no.

Over the weekend, Paul Ryan said that death panels and a group the law did create, the Independent Payment Advisory Board, were the same thing. This board has 15 members, all of whom must be confirmed by the Senate. They are charged with finding ways to keep health care spending in line so that the program doesn’t go bankrupt.

The board makes recommendations to Congress, which can accept or reject them.(The suggestions take effect after a certain amount of time if Congress refuses to vote. This is done so that Congress can’t just ignore the board.)

The law prohibits the board from rationing care, cutting benefits, changing eligibility or raising Medicare premiums. So the group cannot suggest that everyone over age 75 is no longer eligible for a knee replacement. It may, however, recommend that your surgeon be paid 5 percent less for performing the operation.

Yeah, posting the numbers is impressive, for you.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Call them whatever you've been taught, but it's clear hypocrisy to cry about titles...

I see, you dodged my comment on Paul's dead campaign manager, who died broke and without coverage...

Seems like a "Christian" thing to do, since his death didn't affect you, right ??

Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2013

Not an American and didn't want help... Are "we" done or did you have ANYTHING intelligent to share ???
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Nice religious right comment, thanks for clarifying yourself, son....
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Question: Does the Affordable Care Act (i.e.,“Obamacare”), include “death panels”?
Answer: If you consider death panels to be people who answer the phone when you doctor calls to find out whether you can have heart bypass surgery at age 70, then no.
Over the weekend, Paul Ryan said that death panels and a group the law did create, the Independent Payment Advisory Board, were the same thing. This board has 15 members, all of whom must be confirmed by the Senate. They are charged with finding ways to keep health care spending in line so that the program doesn’t go bankrupt.
The board makes recommendations to Congress, which can accept or reject them.(The suggestions take effect after a certain amount of time if Congress refuses to vote. This is done so that Congress can’t just ignore the board.)
The law prohibits the board from rationing care, cutting benefits, changing eligibility or raising Medicare premiums. So the group cannot suggest that everyone over age 75 is no longer eligible for a knee replacement. It may, however, recommend that your surgeon be paid 5 percent less for performing the operation.
Yeah, posting the numbers is impressive, for you.
Thanks for the information about the death panels.Trouble is,all we get from the news is not as you say.Also the talk is that the Drs.will be fined(taxed?)$100,000 if they perform the knee surgery the panel says not to do.!First.time.more on the second and so on.My question still is Why do we need any one to even discuss this with the Dr.and why does he need to call and get permission to do the Care? My point was and still is -it is my decision and my Dr`s.,not some bozo in Washington.You have not answered this.
Now about the guy that died with no insurance and was broke,many a millionare has done the same!Many of the winners of the lottery do this!At least so goes the news.What is your point?Could any one help him?I don`t know,do you?Why are you lingering on this one case?
The first posting of the 6494 was simply a slip of the finger,but it riled you,so repeated.Want more?
Back to the panel.If the question of medical treatment had to be passed by Congress,and the Congress sat on it as they do,death panel term is probably correct!Due to delay.This whole thing seems like a waste .($$)
need it too

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2013

Judged:

the Muslims
have just warned the world -
{ via al ja zerza - big al gores NEW Arab network } that another 911 style attack will happen soon ,...

one can only wonder , just what those morons are up too this time ,.......
TWA

London, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

how come they dont want to talk about the kenyans brother living in a mud hut, or his uncle here illegally, or all the kids in the streets of chicago that die weekly because they refuse to enforce the law
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 2, 2013

Judged:

Sorry, to hear about your parents...

Nice religious right comment, thanks for clarifying yourself, son....

Since: Jul 12

Spring, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

After digging to a depth of 300 feet, last year, American scientists found traces of copper wiring dating back 1000 years, and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network in operation, at that time.

Not wanting to be outdone, in the weeks that followed, Russian scientists dug down 500 feet, and headlines in the Russian newspapers read, "Russian scientists have found traces of 2000 year old optical fibers, and have concluded that their ancestors already had advanced high-tech digital fiber optic telephone service 1000 years earlier than the Americans."

One week later, the American press reported the following, "After digging as deep as 1,000 feet, our scientists have found absolutely nothing, and have concluded that as far back as 5000 years ago, our ancestors were already using mobile phones."

Sounds kind of like something Obama would do, doesn't it?
skillett

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
After digging to a depth of 300 feet, last year, American scientists found traces of copper wiring dating back 1000 years, and came to the conclusion that their ancestors already had a telephone network in operation, at that time.
Not wanting to be outdone, in the weeks that followed, Russian scientists dug down 500 feet, and headlines in the Russian newspapers read, "Russian scientists have found traces of 2000 year old optical fibers, and have concluded that their ancestors already had advanced high-tech digital fiber optic telephone service 1000 years earlier than the Americans."
One week later, the American press reported the following, "After digging as deep as 1,000 feet, our scientists have found absolutely nothing, and have concluded that as far back as 5000 years ago, our ancestors were already using mobile phones."
Thats a good one.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

BIG_STEVIE wrote:
Actually, sounds like something a racist, wing nut, teabagger would accuse Obama of doing... rather than a dumb, old, joke, by a dumber, older, joker....
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
<quoted text>Actually, sounds like something a racist, wing nut, teabagger would accuse Obama of doing... rather than a dumb, old, joke, by a dumber, older, joker....
You may not understand the jokes as you are a rebell to fun.But many of us do.Thanks Stevie!
The things any gov`t will do to appear superior,and to get publicity,and stay on the feeding trough!
You see,many of the ones" out here"think the ones'in there' are money grubbing greedy souls any way.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Moron, that brings in death panels, doesn't back it up, except with rhetoric and asking for poor to go without healthcare... IRONY, huh ???
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

wtf wrote:
<quoted text>There are no death panels you ignorant pos.
Join the discussion and get the facts,just as Slew did!,
Call them what you wish,if My Dr.has to get permission,from anyone,it interferes with care and MY decision.The reason all decisions on treatment are the Drs.and the patients .None other.

As the time has gone by and more and more information comes out about ObamaCare,it becomes more and more indicative it is a BUMMER!
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
So, you ask for facts and print garbage, ignoring reality and your OWN WORDS ???
"man", you're a complete waste of the skin you're in...
Go back and read what was posted.
There are poor always with us.The "poor"was not mentioned as going without medical care.It is the poor that are the talk of all of you on this universal care.What was mentioned was that the indigent and the disabled always need our help and it is freely given to them ,.What else was said,was that if you can work,if you can get your own medical insurance,you should have to!Who wants to help the free loader?

It is not the responsibility of the workers that will and do work,to provide all that will not and refuse to work with anything!!Feed the poor as long as they need it, is freely done,but not when they are just too lazy to get up and clean up their act.You do like to misinterpret just to suit your own replies.

Some of the things you may not know--are you aware many have figured out a way to get medicaid by writing a Quit Claim deed on their property and planning in advance to skip paying for long term care?Are you aware this causes the taxpayers to kick in for that care?.Are you aware the "victim" has" victimized" you? And the system?This is the area where what is not right.

Are you aware the illegals go to the hospitals and get care,freely,when they are illegally here?Does this seem correct and right to you?Yes,they may need emergency care,yes they should be helped and then sent back to the point of origin.

You have junped to conclusions with out thinking---again.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Feed the poor, unless you can judge them unworthy, then what ?? LMAORUTFU ~! FEED THEM RHETORIC ??? Kill illegals ?? Come on... say what you mean...

Sure, I "junped" and you're a moron.
whitehair

Eminence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

Amused Slew wrote:
Feed the poor, unless you can judge them unworthy, then what ?? LMAORUTFU ~! FEED THEM RHETORIC ??? Kill illegals ?? Come on... say what you mean...
Sure, I "junped" and you're a moron.
Only had to judge several times when we had requests for food from needy families at my Church,and for your knowledge,we paid for this by collections from our members and contributed .If we had a gov`t that worked,it should be up to them to have restrictions and investigators.You know this.

No one would kill illegals,and you know this as well.Being sent to the point of origin is sending them home,but needless to say,at what ever they could pay at their own expense.You know this,but go ahead,misinterpret.
Amused Slew

Seattle, WA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 4, 2013

Judged:

You wrote, deny people healthcare... As for your church, when it feeds as many as our SSI system, let me know...

Love illegals paying to get home, nice "plan", when earlier you claimed they are poor & a burden...

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 22,341 - 22,360 of26,170
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

64 Users are viewing the Barbourville Forum right now

Search the Barbourville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 14 min JOE NASTY 145,000
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 1 hr SNYB 128,057
Barbourville topix 7 hr Rumors 11
Re. Maggie Milles 7 hr Just Looking 1
Truddy 7 hr Just Looking 3
looking for a mini pot belly pig 8 hr Shy 3
KC Basketball Coach 8 hr Panther Fanz 71
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder 9 hr onefoehim 390
•••
•••
•••
•••

Barbourville Jobs