burglers

London, KY

#1 Nov 12, 2012
I am needing to install a security system in my house and I dont know anything about this, I really need some information. Like who to hire to do this job and how much it costs.
wondering

Somerset, KY

#2 Nov 12, 2012
ADT cost us about $3500, but money well spent! Watch in the contracts, when they say free, it's usually just for 2 doors and 4 windows and one keypad, the rest you have to pay for up front! Motion sensors and smoke/fire is extra....
Pleased

Barbourville, KY

#3 Nov 12, 2012
I am very pleased with ADT. I pay $40 mo and didn't have to pay anything up front. Got 4 doors and motion sensor. Keypad and a remote wireless on my keychain to arm or disarm before I enter home. I love it and my family and I feel safe now. I've had no problems from it. One time we accidentally pressed the wrong button and the ambulance service called immediately said
They were on the way what was the emergency. Great response.
Well

Barbourville, KY

#4 Nov 12, 2012
Pleased wrote:
I am very pleased with ADT. I pay $40 mo and didn't have to pay anything up front. Got 4 doors and motion sensor. Keypad and a remote wireless on my keychain to arm or disarm before I enter home. I love it and my family and I feel safe now. I've had no problems from it. One time we accidentally pressed the wrong button and the ambulance service called immediately said
They were on the way what was the emergency. Great response.
That sounds great! Did you just call them and set up appt? Do you sign a contract for $40 a mth?
ADT

United States

#5 Nov 12, 2012
I have that in my home as well..I pay 40 a month and it's money well spent..I had to pay the 99 dollar up front fee..I don't regreat it one bit though ..my whole house is alarmed windows.. doors ect ect..It sures make me feel safer.. and they are dependable people !
ADT

United States

#6 Nov 12, 2012
Yes just call them set up an appt...1-800-600-5145
Well

Barbourville, KY

#7 Nov 12, 2012
ADT wrote:
Yes just call them set up an appt...1-800-600-5145
Thank you for the info!:)
stopburglar

London, KY

#8 Nov 13, 2012
have u had any problems with the ADT security system
wondering

Somerset, KY

#9 Nov 13, 2012
I've had a few small problems but they are always quick to come out and fix them, and anytime batteries go dead (which has happened once in 5 years) they come out and replace them for free! The one big problem that we had was when we switched our phone from land line to dsl, the signal kept getting lost, but they fix everything as long as you are paying your monthly fee!
easy

United States

#10 Nov 15, 2012
defeat window and door switches with a refrigerator magnet.

motion sensors(when professional installed pick up from about 3ft high up, and are usually only in the main room.

a cut in the phone and cable wire will ensure that monitoring is moot.

your multi thousand dollar security system was just defeated by my kids letter K from the fridge, a cheap pair of side cutters from my 9.99 taskforce tool box, and those old knee pads I used last year putting shingles on my grannies roof...

build a custom system or don't bother. Those (protected by adt) signs just let the crook know what he needs to bring.
easy

United States

#11 Nov 15, 2012
the best, simplest, cheapest security system you can own consist of this.

several Logitech cams hooked up through a USB hub to a laptop accessing the web through a cheap smartphone running an app called PDA.net . Set the cams record with the built in motion detectors, add a few lines of code to stream the live video feed to your other cell phone(or remote server if you want). A few more lines of code will place a call to any number you choose repeating a pre recorded message.

not only does this entire system cost between 500 and 700 total, the monthly fee if you use Vm as the carrier is 25 per month and you have an emergency cell phone. the system is completely self contained. it will work if all the lines to your house are cut, and when not in use the laptop, and cameras are at your disposal. did I mention that you will have actual video of anything that trips the system.......
secure

Manchester, KY

#12 Nov 18, 2012
What about the laser beams they use for security, does anybody have this system.
wondering

Somerset, KY

#13 Nov 18, 2012
As far as cutting a wire, ours is hooked to a satellite, but when it was hooked to phone line, when you cut the phone line, it automatically sent the alarm system off! And I tried your magnet, our windows have the glass break, when you rattle the window it automatically went off! As far as the camera system, we have 6 of those and a motion sensor when you pull in the drive way, so we know you are there that way too! We have dealt with enough thieves and got serious about keeping our stuff! And if some one happened to till come in, that's where the smith and Wesson comes into play! I despise a thief! We have already prosecuted one, before we had all that stuff! If your house gets broke into, don't wait for the police to find your stuff, we recovered most of ours on our own! We then handed all the info to the cops and county attorney, and called the sheriff to come pick him up when we saw him out!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 5 min ChromiuMan 131,410
Free Goat 10 min Sunshine 3
HeShe backing warren for judge 32 min im voting for a man 10
Where's Susie hibbard 1 hr Jessie 4
county equipment 1 hr elsi 3
who will you vote for as jailer 3 hr Please stay on track 41
Is James Brown single? (Apr '13) 4 hr kori 13
who got arrested at bville walmart? 7 hr Ky Resident 4
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match

Barbourville Jobs

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE