Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 158184 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#137471 Oct 11, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> A person can keep their faith, despite court rulings.
Faith isn't about hate, or intolerance.
Supreme Court has decided.
I recognize that not all Supreme Court decisions are moral, or correct, the Dred Scott decision comes to mind, but this was no Dred Scott decision.
It was simply a decision.
I will continue as I always have, treating people with respect, unless they show they are unwilling to do the same to me.
My starting position with people is always one of respect. I don't mind that we have different world views and opinions; after all, they are just as entitled to their opinion as I am to mine.

Where it becomes a problem for me is when believers think that anyone who doesn't see it their way is some kind of slavering monster of depravity.
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#137472 Oct 11, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Just wondered. We've had some discussion with an LDS member about women's roles in the home and society. I believe it ended up, "How to say "barefoot and pregnant" in a thousand words or less."
By the way,just for the record, I am Male not Female.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#137473 Oct 11, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text> By the way,just for the record, I am Male not Female.
Bigotted thought you were female, not me. My opinions and statements stand as they are, regardless of your age, race, creed, sex or sexual preference.
Phil Greer

Louisville, KY

#137474 Oct 11, 2014
As a god delusional Christian the ability to apply reasoned thought to the bible and the gods contained there is not available. I know this because for years I was deep inside the Christian god delusion myself and suffered this strange malady. Christians believe that there is a universe creating super being capable of reading everyone’s thoughts.
Christians believe that this super mind reading being is judging the thoughts of billions to see if they meet his standards. After reading and judging the thoughts of billions of humans the mind reading super being will impose an eternal sentence upon all of either a world of eternal supposed bliss spent worshiping the mind reading super being or eternal torture spent forever burning but never dying.

The thoughts determining which of the eternal judgments you will receive must be that you believe, contrary to any evidence whatsoever, the following; over 2000 years ago the mind reading super being that created the universe became a ghost, impregnated a Jewish teenager with himself, was later killed by the governing authorities that were ignorant of the fact that they were part of a suicide plan that the creator of the universe had thought up.

The thought reading, universe creating super being was according to his plan taking the place of sheep. The sheep were previously being killed to pay for what the thought reading, universe creating super being judged to be sins against his self. Part of this belief must be that the thought reading, universe creating super being after committing this assisted suicide didn’t stay dead but came back to life and flew into outer space.

The delusional Christian having lost the ability to understand how utterly insane all of this nonsense is believes that it is the unbeliever of this delusional world that fails to see the light and needs their help to come to the same conclusion that they have about Christianity and how much sense it all makes.

Phil Greer
kyshalom

Campbellsville, KY

#137475 Oct 11, 2014
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?
This will be taught as a history class in the high sch. only. At that they form their own opinions; just ask any? I like them seeing more truth than hidden lies or deceptions.
sling it

Lexington, KY

#137476 Oct 11, 2014
Well it's election time again. The voters are slinging more mud at each other than any mud being slung anywhere else. You know you don't have to vote the whole ballot? If there's a candidate you don't particularly like or you do not want either candidate in office then don't vote for them just leave them blank. Only vote for the people you know and like. It's kind of a protest vote when that candidate doesn't get as many votes as there were voters.

But nothing is going to change, everybody gripes how bad things are then turn right around and repeat the same thing they do every six years. Things must not be that bad.

All I know is whoever gets the most votes wins but it won't be on my account, I'm not for either and I'm not casting a vote for either one of them.
Sorry

Lexington, KY

#137477 Oct 11, 2014
sling it wrote:
Well it's election time again. The voters are slinging more mud at each other than any mud being slung anywhere else. You know you don't have to vote the whole ballot? If there's a candidate you don't particularly like or you do not want either candidate in office then don't vote for them just leave them blank. Only vote for the people you know and like. It's kind of a protest vote when that candidate doesn't get as many votes as there were voters.
But nothing is going to change, everybody gripes how bad things are then turn right around and repeat the same thing they do every six years. Things must not be that bad.
All I know is whoever gets the most votes wins but it won't be on my account, I'm not for either and I'm not casting a vote for either one of them.
I'm so sorry, I posted this on the wrong topic.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137478 Oct 12, 2014
kyshalom wrote:
<quoted text>
This will be taught as a history class in the high sch. only. At that they form their own opinions; just ask any? I like them seeing more truth than hidden lies or deceptions.
Actually, I think it died in committee - which is a good thing as it would have violated the constitution. Speaking of hidden lies and deceptions - funny thing, that. Every member of the armed services takes an oath to defend the constitution, but politicians don't. In a way, it reminds me of religies and the 9th commandment.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137479 Oct 12, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>Nope. Nope. Not a Mormon.
Jehovah's Witness?
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#137480 Oct 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Jehovah's Witness?
I consider myself a Spiritual person. I do not follow an organized religion. To many contradictions, in organized religion and the Bible. To much hypocrisy, unbelievable accounts, and discrimination in organized religion and the bible. You can look at my past posts to see what my views are on religion and God in general.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137481 Oct 12, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>I consider myself a Spiritual person. I do not follow an organized religion. To many contradictions, in organized religion and the Bible. To much hypocrisy, unbelievable accounts, and discrimination in organized religion and the bible. You can look at my past posts to see what my views are on religion and God in general.
No worries - just followup questions to post #137460. Do you consider yourself more or less spiritual than an organized religion misogynist?
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#137482 Oct 12, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
No worries - just followup questions to post #137460. Do you consider yourself more or less spiritual than an organized religion misogynist?
My views on organized religion are on post #136583 page 6521. My views on spirituality start on page #6517. I will let you read them so that I don't have to open that can of worms again. As for being a misogynist, I value women and their opinions, I really don't know why that question was even asked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny .
However if a woman has issues, where she thinks that any type of intimacy and Consensual sex, between consenting adults is some type of violation or attack, I would challenge that assertion.(That is not normal thinking). I would challenge that assertion whither it be posted by male or female. Especially if it was directed at me. If that was the post that you were referring to.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137483 Oct 12, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>My views on organized religion are on post #136583 page 6521. My views on spirituality start on page #6517. I will let you read them so that I don't have to open that can of worms again. As for being a misogynist, I value women and their opinions, I really don't know why that question was even asked.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misogyny .
However if a woman has issues, where she thinks that any type of intimacy and Consensual sex, between consenting adults is some type of violation or attack, I would challenge that assertion.(That is not normal thinking). I would challenge that assertion whither it be posted by male or female. Especially if it was directed at me. If that was the post that you were referring to.
I also looked askance at some of haven't forgotten's POV on intimate/romantic relationships. I've been in relationships with women who probably felt something similar. Even though I endeavored to add nothing to the baggage they brought with them, I do not off-offhandedly dismiss whatever the relevance or causes of that baggage was.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#137484 Oct 12, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> I love gay people. Not my job, to judge these people. Myself, I think God has more mercy, than people give him credit for.
I can't judge anybody. I am no better than anyone else.
I met/know many gay people. They are like everyone else.
Just trying to make it another day.
It's a rough world.
Let's not make it any worse, by hating and judging!
My God loves all.
Ok, now back to the actual point. Why not call out those who are intolerant?

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#137485 Oct 12, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
Why someone would think it Bigotry, because someone does not condone Homosexual acts? Why would someone say that they love Gay people when they obviously do not know "all" Gay people? People can like and accept Gay people and their lifestyles, or love specific people, it does not mean they are bigoted it they don’t like what all homosexuality that truly entails. Once you get past the happy feelings, acceptance and meaningful relationships there obviously comes a time when intimacy takes place. I’m sure a lot of men, Christians, Atheist's, or not, just do not like the thought of a Penis being inserted into their rectum. And a lot of females do not like the idea of another woman exploring all of her essence. That does not make them Bigots, because these acts repulse them. I know several Gay people; I have had friends who are Gay. I even have Gay family members; they are just regular people to me. I suppose it’s all good, it doesn’t bother me one way or the other. If that’s their thing then hey, go for it. I think if you are going to talk about this, then you need to take all things into consideration, as to why people may not like homosexuals. It's not just Christians who feel that way.
It is bigotry when your ill will thoughts lead to actions like intolerance. The religious are the main ones being bigoted towards homosexuals. To act as if this is not the case is part of the problem. The amount of atheists who are intolerant of homosexuals is so small, it is laughable anyone mentions them with the actions of religious bigots.
The religious books of Christians, Jews and Muslims all make for this bigotry.
Yes, it is common to not like those like yourself. Sadly religion adds to this problem, not alleviates it. The holy books demand you be intolerant of different people.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137487 Oct 13, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Was inevitable. However, not everybody that was against gay marriage "hated" gays, that's an oversimplification.
Basically this issue is decided, we need to all move forward.
Having known such perversion, and being saved
from that sin....
It's not hatred, or bigotry... it is real Love, not wanting them to burn in hell,
but being cleaned from their evil choices!
It is a choice, and NOT a law yet!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137488 Oct 13, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Certainly, the ISIS fanatics have given me pause.
I'd hate to see Christianity go to that extreme.
I'm just about out of hate, man. Just kills the carrier!
You will never have your head removed by a Christian, or a gay stoned by them either!
Muslims require it!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137489 Oct 13, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah it was a great ruling. One more signal that homophobia is not going to be a very popular idea moving forward. Best ditch it now while you still have some dignity. In a few years even saying you're opposed to gay marriage will be exactly like saying "I ain't racist, but..."
Leave it to Liberals to holler "Racist", or "Homophobe" to try to silence a critic... that's all you have!
"IF" there was any "Truth" on your side... we'd be there with you!
Liberals love to lie!

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137490 Oct 13, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>Leave it to Liberals to holler "Racist", or "Homophobe" to try to silence a critic... that's all you have!
"IF" there was any "Truth" on your side... we'd be there with you!
Liberals love to lie!
Don't worry, YaA, No one is taking away your freedom of expression just for being a racist, a homophobe, a liar or just plain nuts. As I've pointed out many times before, some people don't need to capitalize "Truth" (wink, wink) to give the word a contradictory definition. I see that you still haven't come to grips with the truth (no caps required) that Jesus was a liberal (no caps required).

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137491 Oct 13, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>You will never have your head removed by a Christian, or a gay stoned by them either!
Muslims require it!
Don't write checks you can't cash, YaA. You can't promise good behavior - especially from irrational and judgemental Godbots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Amy mills Johnny smith 13 min hot mom 11
looking 45 min to rent 1
Working for the state, at Knox Central High Sch... 1 hr I am confused 1
County cops and wymt tv news 1 hr Wondering 10
Ashley Judd is F@@@ing stupid 1 hr True dat 3
Anyone know 3 hr Lol 9
jail tracker 3 hr mad dog 1
Knox closed for flood 4 hr Dan 4
Fancy people in D.C. 4 hr joan 16

Barbourville Jobs