Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 20 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#137348 Oct 3, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
True. Kinda sad.
"Kinda sad" isn't quite how I'd put it, but then batshyte freakin' nuts is pretty obvious and has become somewhat redundant...
TheIndependentYa nkee

East Bernstadt, KY

#137349 Oct 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Again, spare me the baby babble. You might think it somehow reflects badly on others and implies >their< ignorance or dementia, but I assure you that thinking is misplaced.
The people we personally know are not here. I don't know or care who you associate with away from the internet and you have no cause or moral grounds to slander any "real life" acquaintances I or anyone else might have. On various threads we're entertained with an assortment of zealous religious fundamentalist nutballs and crackpots (aka "fundies" or "religies"for short - I could give you a list ) who do contend that certain sciences are religions and do wish they were replaced with prayer and Bible classes. You talk about "big daddy government" - try a theocracy. Those are the mental cases you rush to defend, not the rational people you personally know. Why? Because it's mean when those mental cases are called to account on their vitriol, pablum and slop?
BTW, you can make up words in almost every post but I can't occasionally use slang that is pre-existing. I can't criticize a group on their OFTEN stated platform, but you can label and condemn any group you choose at any moment regardless of the lack of any statements, identification, evidence or rationale whatsoever. That's how it works in accordance with your "morality" - and that's a slight example toward why you're rightfully deemed a hypocrite.
YOUR words just reflect YOUR ignorance or dementia, being as my posts are addressed only Right back at YOU-not to some "imaginary group" that Your own Bigotry reflects .

Therefore, according to your OWN juvenile, ignorant and bigoted references and statements thereof (such as "aka "fundies" or "religies"for short ") you do quite well in exemplifying a "perfect example" of Hypocrisy of the Extreme types, because I have yet to see ANYONE, request that the standard school curriculums of Science(s) be "replaced" with prayer and/or Bible classes. As in NEVER(!)-not the first time even.
So just where in the hell you are pulling THAT load of nothing but delusional, histrionic type CRAPOLLA from, is VERY questionable as to YOUR credibility-ChrumBum.

What the ell planet are you living on--and what CENTURY equiv would you equate itto-whackadoodle?

And I really do not care what IGNORANT labelduhm label your dopey Sanctimonious bigoted self wishes it could lick and stick as "deemed"-because that type of stuff is for gutter snipe Idiots, and GUTTER snipe idiots are just that-GS DUHHHmmy.
TheIndependentYa nkee

East Bernstadt, KY

#137350 Oct 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<shrug> you have a point to make? Looks more like someone is either off their meds or took them all at once. You might want to contemplate before that next trip to the cough syrup aisle - and I gather that the phonetics you are groping for is JEE EE DEE? Good luck with that.
What did I say.

GUH-EH-DUHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

DUH.

(and do NOT confuse me with any of your alcohol sniffing, bottle cap licking, welp mates, Chromchumpio).

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#137351 Oct 3, 2014
Speaking of batshyt crazy, here I am. Do not say Roskie 3 times cause if you do a crazy mf'er will show up with a guitar and quart of shine..
SistaNoneYa

East Bernstadt, KY

#137352 Oct 3, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
The persons you defend here are Christian fundamentalists who do not wish for evolution to be taught. Not sure why you deny knowing them.
Fundies is short for fundamentalism. Kind of like how you call Darwinists, Derwood.
Now continue on your path of hypocrisy.
fun-da-men-tal-ism
[fuhn-duh-men-tl-iz-uh m] Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun
(sometimes initial capital letter) a movement in American Protestantism that arose in the early part of the 20th century in reaction to modernism and that stresses the infallibility of the Bible not only in matters of faith and morals but also as a literal historical record, holding as essential to Christian faith belief in such doctrines as the creation of the world, the virgin birth, physical resurrection, atonement by the sacrificial death of Christ, and the Second Coming
Fk you and the ignorance you thrive on Duquette.

I KNEW and STILL KNOW BETTER.
SistaNoneYa

East Bernstadt, KY

#137353 Oct 3, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
The persons you defend here are Christian fundamentalists who do not wish for evolution to be taught. Not sure why you deny knowing them.
Fundies is short for fundamentalism. Kind of like how you call Darwinists, Derwood.
Now continue on your path of hypocrisy.
fun-da-men-tal-ism
[fuhn-duh-men-tl-iz-uh m] Spell Syllables
Word Origin
noun
(sometimes initial capital letter) a movement in American Protestantism that arose in the early part of the 20th century in reaction to modernism and that stresses the infallibility of the Bible not only in matters of faith and morals but also as a literal historical record, holding as essential to Christian faith belief in such doctrines as the creation of the world, the virgin birth, physical resurrection, atonement by the sacrificial death of Christ, and the Second Coming
And you can stick your ghetto gutter level, ignorant TRASH-where the sun don't shine.
Looking_For_Trut h

Mount Sterling, KY

#137354 Oct 3, 2014
I am surprised as to how many people in this day and time have absolutely no idea where the Bible came from. When I ask I get answers like “It was handed down from the Apostles.” Or “It is the divine writings from God.” People blindly believe what others say to believe, and to question anything is a sin against the church and god. Not to question, for me, is the biggest sin of all.

In 325 AD The Roman Emperor Constantine called the First Council of Nicea, the first general council of the Christian Church. He did this primarily because bloody and war like disputes among the 500 or so Christian Sects was causing disorder within the Roman Empire.(Sounds like the Middle East today) Arrested and held under threat of death to clear up the differences between their Christian beliefs there were over three hundred bishops gathered at the Council of Nicea from all around the Roman world. These were powerful men, it should be said that they were very knowledgeable and dedicated to their version of doctrine. They and Emperor Constantine are the ones responsible for the inclusion, or exclusion, of all the letters, books and writings that were assembled into what we today call The New Testament. It was these men, these high ranking, politically powerful, religious and very intelligent men that decided what writings were inspired and those that were not. Books and writings that fit their ideas of what Jesus “meant to say”, their ideas of how the church should be organized and ran. Was Jesus born divine or did he become divine? The date Jesus was born and Easter were all decided at this first council. Over a thousand writings did not make into the bible. Bishop Eusebius of Caesarea was ordered by Constantine to create 50 volumes of the new Holy Scriptures in 332 AD., this was how the Codex Vaticanus, The Bible was created.

The wise men of the Nicean Councils, Seven Ecumenical Councils, Roman Emperors and the Roman Catholic Church had nothing to gain by controlling what we believe or how we worship, well nothing but wealth, power and property. Why would you question anything they wanted you to believe? The Roman Catholic Church gave us the new King James Bible in 1885 and we all know how pure and righteous the Roman Catholic Church is. So don’t question anything, just keep believing what they tell you, close your eyes and follow,,,, if you dare.
SistaNoneYa

East Bernstadt, KY

#137355 Oct 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
<shrug> you have a point to make? Looks more like someone is either off their meds or took them all at once. You might want to contemplate before that next trip to the cough syrup aisle - and I gather that the phonetics you are groping for is JEE EE DEE? Good luck with that.
and just for the record--

Ya might want to limit the influences of the looneyness of your lunatics around the demented--because it IS sad, and very detrimental, to see such ignorance spread to such toxic plague levels.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137356 Oct 3, 2014
TheIndependentYankee wrote:
<quoted text>
YOUR words just reflect YOUR ignorance or dementia, being as my posts are addressed only Right back at YOU-not to some "imaginary group" that Your own Bigotry reflects .
Therefore, according to your OWN juvenile, ignorant and bigoted references and statements thereof (such as "aka "fundies" or "religies"for short ") you do quite well in exemplifying a "perfect example" of Hypocrisy of the Extreme types, because I have yet to see ANYONE, request that the standard school curriculums of Science(s) be "replaced" with prayer and/or Bible classes. As in NEVER(!)-not the first time even.
So just where in the hell you are pulling THAT load of nothing but delusional, histrionic type CRAPOLLA from, is VERY questionable as to YOUR credibility-ChrumBum.
What the ell planet are you living on--and what CENTURY equiv would you equate itto-whackadoodle?
And I really do not care what IGNORANT labelduhm label your dopey Sanctimonious bigoted self wishes it could lick and stick as "deemed"-because that type of stuff is for gutter snipe Idiots, and GUTTER snipe idiots are just that-GS DUHHHmmy.
Don't blame me for the posts you've chosen not to see. There have been several religie posters who have claimed that the teaching of the ToE is a religious indoctrination that needs to be removed from the classroom and they are without exception proponents of "putting God back in the schools." A little honesty wouldn't kill you, would it?
Speaking of which, your most recent venomous posts to MD strike me as being a prime examples of guttersnipe vulgarity - not that your own behavior is any indication of your own hypocrisy, right?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137357 Oct 3, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you and the ignorance you thrive on Duquette.
I KNEW and STILL KNOW BETTER.
You do? That must be the best disguised secret in the history of this thread.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137358 Oct 3, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
and just for the record--
Ya might want to limit the influences of the looneyness of your lunatics around the demented--because it IS sad, and very detrimental, to see such ignorance spread to such toxic plague levels.
I'm sorry, I can't make you stop posting.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#137359 Oct 3, 2014
LOL in a suit wrote:
<quoted text>
With your lack of respect for women.
Not surprising you have an ex and she rode your ass.
And religummist says, "I win"
Lmao.
I have Absolute Respect for women as far as it goes... I treat them equal across the board... If one acts with integrity, honesty, rationality then I treat them with as much respect as any man... If one acts with abhorrent behavior, dishonesty and irrational drivel then I treat them with the same respects as I would a man.... Respect is not given, it is earned.... If it's given without being earned it has no intrinsic value....
cricket23

Lincoln, NE

#137360 Oct 3, 2014
concerned wrote:
The danger in teaching the Bible is that this book has the power to create faith even in an atheist. If it is allowed to be taught there is a strong possibility someone could be converted to Jesus Christ. Under the current world views is it possible to allow such a powerful tool for good to be taught in public schools and that before the young minds of the future?

I've always been a student of history but I didn't know this.

In 1272, Arabic Muslims invented the condom, using a goat's lower intestine.

In 1873, the British refined the idea by taking the intestine out of the goat first.

Don't thank me, I do this as a public service for the advancement of education.

FYI: I did not run this through Snopes but I got it from a friend that I totally trust.

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#137361 Oct 3, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have Absolute Respect for women as far as it goes... I treat them equal across the board... If one acts with integrity, honesty, rationality then I treat them with as much respect as any man... If one acts with abhorrent behavior, dishonesty and irrational drivel then I treat them with the same respects as I would a man.... Respect is not given, it is earned.... If it's given without being earned it has no intrinsic value....
I definitely have respect for that thang between their legs. I'd do jest about anythang fer it HeeYawww

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#137362 Oct 3, 2014
Athenesword wrote:
<quoted text>
I definitely have respect for that thang between their legs. I'd do jest about anythang fer it HeeYawww
Then you are an Idiot...

Since: Oct 14

Betty M0ans

#137363 Oct 3, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>I have Absolute Respect for women as far as it goes... I treat them equal across the board... If one acts with integrity, honesty, rationality then I treat them with as much respect as any man... If one acts with abhorrent behavior, dishonesty and irrational drivel then I treat them with the same respects as I would a man.... Respect is not given, it is earned.... If it's given without being earned it has no intrinsic value....
Transparent. You think you're superior. How many are "worthy" of your respect?

Betty M0ans

#137364 Oct 3, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>Then you are an Idiot...
And you're not getting laid.

Betty M0ans

#137365 Oct 3, 2014
Bet the only book kids can't read in schools is the bible.
SistaNoneYa

East Bernstadt, KY

#137366 Oct 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame me for the posts you've chosen not to see. There have been several religie posters who have claimed that the teaching of the ToE is a religious indoctrination that needs to be removed from the classroom and they are without exception proponents of "putting God back in the schools." A little honesty wouldn't kill you, would it?
Speaking of which, your most recent venomous posts to MD strike me as being a prime examples of guttersnipe vulgarity - not that your own behavior is any indication of your own hypocrisy, right?
Another one to the TRASH bin for you Chrum.

You and Duquette seem to have some real issues with people that possess some actual DECENCY...Ethics and integrity.

TOO BAD.

Get used to it...cuz your low bar trashiness just stinks like what it is these days. Trash.
SistaNoneYa

East Bernstadt, KY

#137367 Oct 3, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
You do? That must be the best disguised secret in the history of this thread.
Only if you live under a dank, dark rock chiseled with ignorance.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
WHo is the most unfit mother in Bville? (Dec '09) 35 min Wonder 63
Hello Gray, Kentucky 51 min Franklin 20
Any info on the bad wreck on 25e near bar. 1 hr prays 10
Fed up! 1 hr Kids first 20
Keep deleting 1 hr People 14
Check drawers 1 hr True Anon 22
Amy mills (Jun '14) 2 hr ya mama 7
Where's Arthur Vaughn? 2 hr AJR 16
state police 3 hr Elizabeth 17
patrick baker arrested for donald mills murder (May '14) 6 hr singin in the pain 441
More from around the web

Barbourville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]