Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 167626 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#137420 Oct 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you drunk or on drugs?
Nope! don't drink and haven't done any drugs for some time now. I do have a broken ankle right now, but the pain Meds they gave me is like trix are for kids...yabba dabba doo!
CommonSense

Hindman, KY

#137421 Oct 10, 2014
We may as well teach Star Wars and Twilight if we're going to teach the bible and other fairy tales.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#137422 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Progress, not perfection! I actually didn't think you were into withholding your opinion on religion!
Seriously, as long as there are people screaming "you're gonna burn in hell", it destroys any chance at dialog.
You may have noticed, many churches actually perform gay marriages now,I don't think you can say Christianity is static.
What do you think?
Well I did not say, and speaking out is what keeps progress. I have yet to hear you speak out on this.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#137423 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Intolerance is one thing, chopping heads off, is a bit more extreme.
I know some secular humanists tend to judge Christians before they even meet them.
Could be, that's intolerant as well.
I hope you do not feel intolerance is ok because they are not chopping off heads. Is this your measure of good or bad?
We all judge, no matter what word you use for it. We use what we were taught and our instincts to judge. Christianity teaches harsh judgment of homosexuals. It is a bad teaching. How long are you going to pretend it does not, and it is harmless? Chopping off of heads is not the only form of harm in the world. Sounds as if it is your go to diversion of all Christian wrongs.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#137424 Oct 10, 2014
justice_- wrote:
<quoted text>
The biggest difference is that an atheist has personal issues based on what they believe...not some twisted concept formed from what some guy thought thousands of years ago...also atheist don't claim people will perish in hell for being gay.
The blue pill or the red...Do you want to see the world for what it is? Or do you want the magical land of make believe ?I don't believe a lot of Christians would tell anyone if they were okay with homosexuality ... It's got to be a challenge to try and hide what you feel is right so you can be a righteous follower .
So who is correct ? Some believe it's child abuse not give your children religious intervention at an early. age..Others believe it to be an outrage ...why teach all the utter nonsense ..
An atheist sees Christians the way he/she wants to.
I have no problem with atheists.
They have a big problem, with me.
Which is too bad, because I'm into a"live and let live " philosophy.
Atheists always tell me I'm an idiot for believing in God.
I ignore that.
I rarely assault atheists for their beliefs, they are always compelled to deride mine, however.
Nature of the beast.
I think we should all love one another, and accept people as they are.

Location hidden

#137425 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> An atheist sees Christians the way he/she wants to.
I ignore that.
I rarely assault atheists for their beliefs, they are always compelled to deride mine, however.
Nature of the beast.
Peace is the answer, love is the way..

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#137426 Oct 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope! don't drink and haven't done any drugs for some time now. I do have a broken ankle right now, but the pain Meds they gave me is like trix are for kids...yabba dabba doo!
I don't recommend gobbling pharmaceuticals like they were a children's cereal. They make you post weird stuff.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#137427 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> An atheist sees Christians the way he/she wants to.
I ignore that.
Nature of the beast.
I'm derisive toward idiotic people who want to put mythology into schools as if it trumped science. If you had evidence to present that the Bible is credible, you've had 2,000 years to do so - and you can't chalk up failing to do so to procrastination.
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, IN

#137428 Oct 10, 2014
Hahahahahahahahaha, you are all getting trolled, this could never happen, you religious fools are all silly, even christians mock other christian churches, and you think putting EVERY church under the same roof teaching EVERYONE'S CHILDREN would be a good idea. Let's be honest, you can't even agree on another Christian's views from the same church, so you aren't going to give up the freedom to chose who teaches your children. That's why private schools and church/state separation exist in the first place. The only people posting here have never read a book other than the Bible.

Location hidden

#137429 Oct 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't recommend gobbling pharmaceuticals like they were a children's cereal. They make you post weird stuff.
Hahaha, irecknso
I was only giving my opinion Cman...
you don't mind do you?

Location hidden

#137430 Oct 10, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
Hahahahahahahahaha, you are all getting trolled, this could never happen, you religious fools are all silly, even christians mock other christian churches, and you think putting EVERY church under the same roof teaching EVERYONE'S CHILDREN would be a good idea. Let's be honest, you can't even agree on another Christian's views from the same church, so you aren't going to give up the freedom to chose who teaches your children. That's why private schools and church/state separation exist in the first place. The only people posting here have never read a book other than the Bible.
I have read books uncounted fool..

Location hidden

#137431 Oct 10, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm derisive toward idiotic people who want to put mythology into schools as if it trumped science. If you had evidence to present that the Bible is credible, you've had 2,000 years to do so - and you can't chalk up failing to do so to procrastination.
Why hello there. The legendary ChromiuMan.
I'm sure you're quite derisive of that. I, myself, favor the teaching of hard science in schools.
Religion, if someone desires that, can be taught at home, or a religious institution.
How a person reconciles their religious beliefs, with modern science, is up to them.
Don't you think?

Anonymous

Elizabethtown, IN

#137432 Oct 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, ROFL

Location hidden

#137433 Oct 10, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
I hope you do not feel intolerance is ok because they are not chopping off heads. Is this your measure of good or bad?
We all judge, no matter what word you use for it. We use what we were taught and our instincts to judge. Christianity teaches harsh judgment of homosexuals. It is a bad teaching. How long are you going to pretend it does not, and it is harmless? Chopping off of heads is not the only form of harm in the world. Sounds as if it is your go to diversion of all Christian wrongs.
I love gay people. Not my job, to judge these people. Myself, I think God has more mercy, than people give him credit for.
I can't judge anybody. I am no better than anyone else.
I met/know many gay people. They are like everyone else.
Just trying to make it another day.
It's a rough world.
Let's not make it any worse, by hating and judging!
My God loves all.

Location hidden

#137434 Oct 10, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Obviously, ROFL
Prove I haven't or your best bet is to not comment to me..
Anonymous

Elizabethtown, IN

#137435 Oct 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
Prove I haven't or your best bet is to not comment to me..
Tool, if your best is idle threats at an anonomous post, then you insult yourself while I sit here laughing

Location hidden

#137436 Oct 10, 2014
Anonymous wrote:
<quoted text>
Tool, if your best is idle threats at an anonomous post, then you insult yourself while I sit here laughing
Hahaha
Yeah, irecknso..
Then you need to stop with your bigoted post and lumping everyone together like you know we haven't read anythang but the Bible..

Since: Jun 14

Location hidden

#137437 Oct 10, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text>
You mean you never made it past page one?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#137438 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> By "gauging" ,I mean the usual sizing up human beings do when they meet other human beings. How do you form your opinions of people that you've just meet?
I also size them up, I just do not try to disguise this as less than judging.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#137439 Oct 10, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Intolerance is one thing, chopping heads off, is a bit more extreme.
I know some secular humanists tend to judge Christians before they even meet them.
Could be, that's intolerant as well.
Judging is not intolerance. Even if someone judges harshly does not mean does not tolerate what he does or is. Maybe you should look up the definitions to these words.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Homes for sale 12 min Ya think lol 7
Thank You Carnell for having Customer Appreciat... 14 min Greed is a sin 4
Sunrise of the 21st by Q 42 min Quantummist 1
Riding the Clouds by Q 1 hr Quantummist 1
Knox County Jailer?? 2 hr Basketball man 27
Linsey lancaster 4 hr my girl 17
what about greg,shawn,pee wee simpson ? 4 hr IRS 8
Iknow who got Ronnie Messer busted!!! (Jan '10) 21 hr UghWhoIsItThen 56

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web