Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 166294 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#137375 Oct 4, 2014
SistaNoneYa wrote:
<quoted text>
Fk you and the ignorance you thrive on Duquette.
I KNEW and STILL KNOW BETTER.
Did I get your goat? If you could only show me as ignorant instead of just claiming it....
Now continue on your path to hypocrisy.
SNYB

Twinsburg, OH

#137376 Oct 4, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I get your goat? If you could only show me as ignorant instead of just claiming it....
Now continue on your path to hypocrisy.
Sorry Duquette-NO crumbs of ignorance for you to thrive on here..so you'll just have to continue to scrape it from the bottom of your sanctimonious ignorance barrels.

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#137378 Oct 5, 2014
cricket23 wrote:
<quoted text>
I've always been a student of history but I didn't know this.
In 1272, Arabic Muslims invented the condom, using a goat's lower intestine.
In 1873, the British refined the idea by taking the intestine out of the goat first.
Don't thank me, I do this as a public service for the advancement of education.
FYI: I did not run this through Snopes but I got it from a friend that I totally trust.
I don't think this is accurate. There's actually no way to know the date of the first time a condom was created and used. It's a point of debate among scholars but I'm 99.9% certain it is not an accepted fact that it was invented in 1272.

Though that would be a really interested fact if it turned out to be true.

Ask your friend for a source. Just out of curiosity, not in an accusatory way.
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#137379 Oct 5, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think this is accurate. There's actually no way to know the date of the first time a condom was created and used. It's a point of debate among scholars but I'm 99.9% certain it is not an accepted fact that it was invented in 1272.
Though that would be a really interested fact if it turned out to be true.
Ask your friend for a source. Just out of curiosity, not in an accusatory way.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/H istory_of_condoms
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#137380 Oct 5, 2014

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#137381 Oct 6, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
Yes, I know of this "wiki" you speak of. I was just asking for more information about the 1272 date and where it came from.
Libertarian4Life

Glasgow, KY

#137382 Oct 6, 2014
The First Amendment of the United States of America prevents any public establishments or institutions from endorsing any religion, because we have the freedom of religion. And religion is NOT defined as a stupid book that has nothing to do with Christ, and I will spell it out to you, The Holy Fucking Bible. There are many different cultures and religions in this country, and if you were to include one religion, you would have to include over 4,000 up to tens of thousands of them!

This is the noun definitions, via Webster(you're a pussy if you don't read this):

: the belief in a god or in a group of gods

: an organized system of beliefs, ceremonies, and rules used to worship a god or a group of gods

: an interest, a belief, or an activity that is very important to a person or group

For more, visit this link: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/rel...

David Patterson would effectively end the Department of Education, so that you are free to send your kids to any school or tutor that is right for them, and you can choose how your child is taught. There would be no mandatory schooling under David!

http://david4senate.com/

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#137383 Oct 6, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I get your goat? If you could only show me as ignorant instead of just claiming it....
Now continue on your path to hypocrisy.
Hello Mike, good to see your name here.
Been awhile.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137384 Oct 7, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I have no Idea... I haven't met them all yet....
As for superior in some cases absolutely, In some cases not so much and in some cases totally inferior... That is totally dependent on the other Individual as I, unlike you seem to do, do not make my judgments of another person based only on group associations but on the content of the character....
"the content of the character...."
That's what it all boils down to!
:-)
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137385 Oct 7, 2014
Athenesword wrote:
I think we should teach the worship of pussie in our public schoold. Wait, we already do it's called sex ed.
They used to do that... now every perversion is taught!
SAD!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137386 Oct 7, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think this is accurate. There's actually no way to know the date of the first time a condom was created and used. It's a point of debate among scholars but I'm 99.9% certain it is not an accepted fact that it was invented in 1272.
Though that would be a really interested fact if it turned out to be true.
Ask your friend for a source. Just out of curiosity, not in an accusatory way.
" the British refined the idea by taking the intestine out of the goat first"
This was the point of his joke....
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137387 Oct 7, 2014
First Corinthians 1

1:17 For Christ hath not sent me to baptize, but to preach the
gospel: not with wisdom of words, lest the cross of Christ
should be made of no effect.
1:18 For the preaching of the cross is to them that perish,
foolishness; but to us who are saved, it is the power of God.
1:19 For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise,
and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent.
1:20 Where [is] the wise? where [is] the scribe? where [is] the
disputer of this world? hath not God made foolish the wisdom of
this world?
1:21 For when in the wisdom of God the world by wisdom knew not
God, it pleased God by the foolishness of preaching to save
them that believe.
1:22 For the Jews require a sign, and the Greeks seek wisdom:
1:23 But we preach Christ crucified, to the Jews a
stumbling-block, and to the Greeks foolishness;
1:24 But to them who are called, both Jews and Greeks, Christ
the power of God, and the wisdom of God.

God is real.... He saved me!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#137388 Oct 7, 2014
Great result from the US Supreme Court re: gay marriage.

Love will always conquer hatred and bigotry.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#137389 Oct 7, 2014
Khatru wrote:
Great result from the US Supreme Court re: gay marriage.
Love will always conquer hatred and bigotry.
Was inevitable. However, not everybody that was against gay marriage "hated" gays, that's an oversimplification.
Basically this issue is decided, we need to all move forward.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#137390 Oct 7, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Hello Mike, good to see your name here.
Been awhile.
Hey Waco, what's up? Come join the party on this thread. We need something new here, as it is getting stale lately.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#137391 Oct 7, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
<quoted text> Was inevitable. However, not everybody that was against gay marriage "hated" gays, that's an oversimplification.
Basically this issue is decided, we need to all move forward.
No, they do not need hate the individual, they just hate what they are and do. That line is really blurry. Fact is, religion pushes the bigoted ideas more so than any other thing.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#137392 Oct 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Hey Waco, what's up? Come join the party on this thread. We need something new here, as it is getting stale lately.
Don't know if I can contribute much, I've calmed down a lot.
But, if the game is afoot....!!

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#137393 Oct 7, 2014
I have a nut following me from forum to forum, but I just ignore "it" mostly.
Some of the "posters" are pretty obsessive.

Since: May 12

Location hidden

#137394 Oct 7, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
No, they do not need hate the individual, they just hate what they are and do. That line is really blurry. Fact is, religion pushes the bigoted ideas more so than any other thing.
Certainly, the ISIS fanatics have given me pause.
I'd hate to see Christianity go to that extreme.
I'm just about out of hate, man. Just kills the carrier!

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#137395 Oct 7, 2014
waco1909 wrote:
Was inevitable. However, not everybody that was against gay marriage "hated" gays, that's an oversimplification.
Yes, you're right.

Sadly, it's not an over simplification for people like Y and A who is one of the less tolerant believers.
waco1909 wrote:
Basically this issue is decided, we need to all move forward.
It certainly is, I wonder if those fundies are capable of moving forward.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brian osborne,ray davis 2 hr Ash 19
Did Russia actually help Trump get Elected? 2 hr Chris_Jarvis 6
Quantummist Axiom's (Feb '10) 3 hr Chris_Jarvis 7
Knox county schools decision makers 3 hr mom 14
What is really wrong with Socialism? 3 hr Chris_Jarvis 1
Hey Quantummist! 4 hr Chris_Jarvis 4
Judge ex removing daniel boone statue ! 4 hr Really 2

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages