Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 156497 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#137189 Sep 17, 2014
pusherman_ wrote:
<quoted text> Hey, maybe you missed the part where he said he wasn't gay. Why do you keep harassing this overly sensitive man? Can't you see he has an identity crisis going on? You're going to make the complex worse..
He can't debate. All he seems able do is repeat the same crap and continue to miserably fail to evince any of his implied moral precepts. <shrug> I don't anticipate that he'll ever come up with anything meaningful. The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them.
I often wonder how the fundamentalists come up with the idea that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. There was never a time in my youth where I made the decision to be attracted to girls - I just always have been. I can only presume that there was a time in fundie homophobes' lives when they must have been on the fence about which way they were going to flip.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#137190 Sep 17, 2014
phil greer wrote:
Christians believe that there is a universe creating super being capable of reading everyone’s thoughts. Christians believe that this super mind reading being is judging the thoughts of billions to see if they meet his standards. After reading and judging the thoughts of billions of humans the mind reading super being will impose an eternal sentence upon all of either a world of eternal supposed bliss spent worshiping the mind reading super being or eternal torture spent forever burning but never dying.
The thoughts determining which of the eternal judgments you will receive must be that you believe, contrary to any evidence whatsoever, the following; over 2000 years ago the mind reading super being that created the universe became a ghost, impregnated a Jewish teenager with himself, was later killed by the governing authorities that were ignorant of the fact that they were part of a suicide plan that the creator of the universe had thought up.
The thought reading, universe creating super being was according to his plan taking the place of sheep. The sheep were previously being killed to pay for what the thought reading, universe creating super being judged to be sins against his self. Part of this belief must be that the thought reading, universe creating super being after committing this assisted suicide didn’t stay dead but came back to life and flew into outer space.
The delusional Christian having lost the ability to understand how utterly insane all of this nonsense is believes that it is the unbeliever of this delusional world that fails to see the light and needs their help to come to the same conclusion that they have about Christianity and how much sense it all makes.
The Story of the Resurrection of Jesus

colt 45

United States

#137191 Sep 17, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
He can't debate. All he seems able do is repeat the same crap and continue to miserably fail to evince any of his implied moral precepts. <shrug> I don't anticipate that he'll ever come up with anything meaningful. The best way to deal with trolls is to ignore them.
I often wonder how the fundamentalists come up with the idea that homosexuality is a lifestyle choice. There was never a time in my youth where I made the decision to be attracted to girls - I just always have been. I can only presume that there was a time in fundie homophobes' lives when they must have been on the fence about which way they were going to flip.
shut up u little prissy punk.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

Manchester, KY

#137192 Sep 17, 2014
colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>shut up u little prissy punk.
Were you born stupid or have you really had to work at it?

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#137193 Sep 17, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Seems like a natural.
colt 45

United States

#137195 Sep 18, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
I work at giving your mom my big cock. She pays good.
colt 45

United States

#137196 Sep 18, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Why debate the fact that your a homosexual that thinks you know everything... plus why debate with people who only sees things they way you want them.. choke on the next sick down your throat..chromiuman and Mike d. Are two married pickpockets trying to debate. Go to gay marriage Topix u to would fit in good. Plus you all resorted to acting likes britches I'll challenge you all to a boxing match for charity. step up or shut the fuck up.
colt 45

United States

#137199 Sep 18, 2014
For mine enemies will be cut down like the blades of grass.
colt 45

United States

#137200 Sep 18, 2014
God is real. God is great. Mike and chromium is lovers.
colt 45

United States

#137201 Sep 18, 2014
Any one of u talk behind a computer. . In real life your a bunch of weak. Ass. Bitches...
colt 45

United States

#137202 Sep 18, 2014
For God is my Shepard I shall not want.
just

Hyden, KY

#137205 Sep 18, 2014
like a answer .if the judgement day is yet to come. then how can they be any body in hell. without being judged.?..

“Question, Explore, Discover”

Since: Dec 11

Location hidden

#137206 Sep 18, 2014
just wrote:
like a answer .if the judgement day is yet to come. then how can they be any body in hell. without being judged.?..
The short answer: hell is a myth.

Christian mythology is weird and convoluted. There are multiple big events in the world that involve mass death and suffering and gods suddenly presenting themselves and doing things (whereas currently they seem unable to). So you get people going to hell and then later you get this Judgement Day boloney.

Notice how in religion all the impressive magic was either done in the past so we can't confirm it or it is yet to be done in the ambiguous future so it can't be nailed down to a timeline. With that sort of framework you can invent whatever crazy stories you want and just leave it all up to "faith".

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#137207 Sep 18, 2014
colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
I work at giving your mom my big cock. She pays good.
Ain't you a good spokesman for Christ!

Since: Feb 14

Location hidden

#137208 Sep 18, 2014
colt 45 wrote:
Any one of u talk behind a computer.. In real life your a bunch of weak. Ass. Bitches...
And you're not? Right!
You remind me of them bada$$' in prison, when you put em in check, they're the first ones that run and tell..

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137209 Sep 18, 2014
just wrote:
That was covered a few days ago. Hell just means grave or alternately the trash dump in the valley of Gehenna. You are confusing it with the lake of fire in the book of Revelation (19-21). According to John of Patmos, dead souls will be raised from their cold graves (hell), judged and the sinful and the allies of Satan will be thrown alive into a burning lake of sulfur for all eternity for a second death. Naturally, you should realize that this was all just a paranoid schizophrenic's dream and has nothing to do with the OT or the Gospels. If you have any other questions about the Bible, feel free to ask atheists to get a straight answer.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137210 Sep 18, 2014
Yiago wrote:
<quoted text>
The short answer: hell is a myth.
Christian mythology is weird and convoluted. There are multiple big events in the world that involve mass death and suffering and gods suddenly presenting themselves and doing things (whereas currently they seem unable to). So you get people going to hell and then later you get this Judgement Day boloney.
Notice how in religion all the impressive magic was either done in the past so we can't confirm it or it is yet to be done in the ambiguous future so it can't be nailed down to a timeline. With that sort of framework you can invent whatever crazy stories you want and just leave it all up to "faith".
Pretty much the Jesus story by itself indicates that if you behave and think in the way he directed you get the reward of heaven and if you don't you just die and that's it. "The wages of sin is death." No reward of eternal life frolicking among the cherubim and seraphim, The End Finis No Curtain Calls. It isn't much different than other religions in which spiritual fitness brings bodhi or nirvana.
Ben

Versailles, KY

#137211 Sep 18, 2014
kellerman wrote:
It's not appropriate to teach religion in school. we live in a diverse society and can't teach all religions in schools. One has to keep these separate, it's up to the parents to inform their children on religious upbringing. I thought this issue was long solved, but i see it keeps coming back up.
This is part of Anthropology and SHOULD DEFINITELY be taught in schools.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#137212 Sep 18, 2014
Ben wrote:
<quoted text>
This is part of Anthropology and SHOULD DEFINITELY be taught in schools.
I wouldn't leave it open ended as any school in any grade. Anthropology is not a children's course.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#137213 Sep 19, 2014
aWitchintheWoods wrote:
Chinwendu, for your posting of #137005,#137010,#137011,#13701 2,#137013, you are the winner of this month's Blah, Blah, Blah Award!
Do you really think that quoting the "holy" babble means anything to those of us who actually use our brains to THINK?
Foolish babble stories only underscore WHY we don't believe that nonsense.
Those stories are full of injustice, brutality, the rape and abuse of women, violence, how to slaughter your sacrifices, how to manage your slaves, intolerance of those who are different in any way.... all sanctioned by Yahweh.
You should notice that your deity reflects the thinking of superstitious Bronze Age tribesMEN.
This, in turn, should cause you to wonder WHY you think this kind of being would be admirable.
Do you kiss @ss, just on the off chance that this nasty creature is real, you might get granted immortality? It's not worth it......
"means anything to those of us who actually use our brains to THINK?"

Hahahaha.... you think you are using your brains...?

He is real, and not nasty at all.... He's offered you a gift, and it is YOU.... that is being nasty!
Of course.... you don't "see" it that way.... you "THINK" you are right....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tc a daddy again 1 hr just wondering 8
Who will be the next Knox Co. Judge Exec.? 3 hr Sam 164
Knox Schools 3 hr Truth 1
Radio frequency 4 hr andy 6
Recounts what happens next a civil upheaval? 11 hr cant make em drink 19
What's going on with Misty Briwn 11 hr Just curious 1
Poll Who is the Best Looking Brother? (Sep '08) 15 hr hot chic 14

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance