Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 152011 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#136953 Sep 9, 2014
colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>Nonsense what I feel my brother is real.. I hope one day you can feel what I got in my life. God is real God is great and you my friend are lost but remember God loves you he died on Calvary hill for all of us. God bless you. But how can you say it's nonsense??? I'm gonna pray for you.&#128591;&#128591; &#128591;
You may very well have real feelings, and that was the point. It does not mean your feelings of are of a real thing though. Of course you believe them to be, just as Muslims believe in theirs, and Hindu's believe in theirs. But you cannot be all correct, so it proves someone's feelings are a false perception.
Claiming an atheist as "lost" is nonsense. They simply do not believe in your god. And clearly your religion has brainwashed you to believe all others are less than you. That is not of good.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136954 Sep 9, 2014
colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text> Just looking for attention. Its ok Jesus loves you, Its people like you my lost friend is got a demon in you. I'll pray for you your just a little sheep went astray.. So I'm here to educate you cause God is real God died for you and me God bless you and God loves you.
I doubt you are going to tell us anything new. You are already repeating what we have heard a thousand times.
Claiming someone is infested with demons is getting you nowhere. It makes you just sound hateful and arrogant. And keep in mind, atheists do not believe in demons. So you may as well be claiming our backyard is full of unicorns.

So your god is dead?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136955 Sep 9, 2014
chris mink wrote:
<quoted text>
If my child wants to bring a bible to school no one will stop him if he was trying to push it on people that would be different it's a simple question ask students if they want to learn about jesus and how important it is if they don't want to then he pick up his bible and go to some other people and ask if they want to learn about jesus if they don't it's there fault even God said for us to be desiples and spread the Gospel to every one but it's there decision God doesn't force anything on you if you want the lake of fire have it your way but if you change your mind before its to late he's still there to listen God loves us that's why we have a choice he know our salvation has to come from our heart God bless
Why would we fear a lake of fire when we are so sure it is but a myth? The constant threat you Christians hurl around for fear tactics is so sad.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136956 Sep 9, 2014
amazed wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone can tell stores and put their own twist on it. I pray that the person that is teaching is not putting their own twist on things.The devil has such a hold on our children and society we had better get the word of God back in the public schools...The Lord will turn his face on our nation if we are putting him out of our lives and schools. Young minds can be molded, would rather it be for the better side than satans.
Young minds can be molded, and when you insist your particular superstition be molded upon others children, I and the constitution says no.
So you feel your god will punish a whole country because your religion is not taught in public schools? You sure sound pretty desperate that all Americans be brainwashed.
Praying will not stop teachers from putting their own spin on this. Be careful what you wish for.
Maybe we should have the book of Mormon taught in public schools? Or how about The Book of Abraham otherwise known to Mormons as the Pearl of Great Price. Or how about the Doctrine and
Covenants of Mormons? Millions of Americans believe in them as the "word of god". So who is to determine what real word of god is?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136957 Sep 9, 2014
coldhardfact wrote:
The only way to handle ISIS is to kill them all. Don't send in ground troops bomb them over and over again level everything around them. Then make a point to say if you support Isis or any group like them the same will happen to you and your country as well.
Maybe we should use the same approach to stopping crime in America? Just bomb them. Who cares if your innocent neighbors or your kids are collateral damage?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136958 Sep 9, 2014
Horatio wrote:
Everyone looks at the bible differently. im not close minded to anyones views. i just dont think it is to be taken so literally. its great stories that teaches morals. but not everything is to be taken literally. it tells you how and when u can beat your slave. so, also keep in mind it was written over 2,000 years ago. so just do the right thing in life. have humanity. thats it and dont let anyone tell u different.
Many bible stories are not moral.
6 If your very own brother, or your son or daughter, or the wife you love, or your closest friend secretly entices you, saying,“Let us go and worship other gods”(gods that neither you nor your ancestors have known, 7 gods of the peoples around you, whether near or far, from one end of the land to the other), 8 do not yield to them or listen to them. Show them no pity. Do not spare them or shield them. 9 You must certainly put them to death. Your hand must be the first in putting them to death, and then the hands of all the people. 10 Stone them to death, because they tried to turn you away from the Lord your God, who brought you out of Egypt, out of the land of slavery. 11 Then all Israel will hear and be afraid, and no one among you will do such an evil thing again.

Is this the passage Isis is following?
colt 45

United States

#136959 Sep 9, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you are going to tell us anything new. You are already repeating what we have heard a thousand times.
Claiming someone is infested with demons is getting you nowhere. It makes you just sound hateful and arrogant. And keep in mind, atheists do not believe in demons. So you may as well be claiming our backyard is full of unicorns.
So your god is dead?
No our god is very much alive my brother or you or me wouldn't be breathing. I'm praying for you Its lost souls need our prayers and educating. God bless you if you need a ride to church ask please don't let the devil claim ur soul.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136960 Sep 9, 2014
I see no comments about Phil Robertson's "Convert them or kill them" comment.
I see Hannity is defending the comment.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#136961 Sep 9, 2014
colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
No our god is very much alive my brother or you or me wouldn't be breathing. I'm praying for you Its lost souls need our prayers and educating. God bless you if you need a ride to church ask please don't let the devil claim ur soul.
Don't let your delusion claim ur sanity.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#136962 Sep 9, 2014
chris mink wrote:
<quoted text>
If my child wants to bring a bible to school no one will stop him if he was trying to push it on people that would be different it's a simple question ask students if they want to learn about jesus and how important it is if they don't want to then he pick up his bible and go to some other people and ask if they want to learn about jesus if they don't it's there fault even God said for us to be desiples and spread the Gospel to every one but it's there decision God doesn't force anything on you if you want the lake of fire have it your way but if you change your mind before its to late he's still there to listen God loves us that's why we have a choice he know our salvation has to come from our heart God bless
This post really needs some punctuation.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#136963 Sep 9, 2014
colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
by "our God" which version of God or god do you refer to? Different religions - even different denominations within Christianity have different versions of what their God is like, what it has done, and what it plans to do. which church do you recommend? I suspect that the god you worship is more evil than than the devil that skeptics do not believe exists. It would be a very good thing if we were absolutely certain the worst versions of the Christian God do not exist. And if everyone knew such a god did not exist. One definition of God is sufficient and exists - everything that exists can be called God. maybe include even everything that has existed and will exist, or even could possibly exist, if one can't be sure what will happen.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#136964 Sep 9, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
This post really needs some punctuation.
that was not to me, but please forgive my lack of caps, and the little tiny periods, and judge by the content of the substance of the comment.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136965 Sep 9, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>Putin must be following in the footsteps of the Knights Templar then. I suppose the invasion of his neighboring countries are, just his version of the Crusades. Again, history repeating itself. People killing in the name of God. So who are the true evil ones here? The ones who don't believe God exist? Or, is it the ones who use GODs name as an excuse to kill, repress, or pass judgement on others, to fulfill their own twisted agendas and misguided faith. Christianity does seem to have a history of this type of activity. Church leaders preaching their version of God, and people so eager to follow them, no matter how twisted the version is that's being indoctrinated to them. People who are so willing to follow, no questions asked, if it's coming out of the preachers mouth it must be true. Right? My advice is, "Don't Drink The Kool-Aid", and use some common sense.
For those not familiar with this expression, this link should educate you on the phrase.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drinking_the_Koo...
Well said.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#136966 Sep 9, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Maybe we should use the same approach to stopping crime in America? Just bomb them. Who cares if your innocent neighbors or your kids are collateral damage?
instead of a policy of "no boots on the ground", perhaps right-wing extremist socalled "Christians" should get up a private army - McCain and Palin can lead it - and go fight Isis and other Muslim /Arab terrorist groups - without US Government support or material or legistical support. Official US government support should mostly go to the Kurds. Let them take as much territory - and dams, oil fields and refineries, rivers and roads, cities and banks - as possible, because they are the best allies and most tolerant protectors of people of various views, and the best and bravest fighters, with the best leaders in the MidEast region.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#136967 Sep 9, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Why would we fear a lake of fire when we are so sure it is but a myth? The constant threat you Christians hurl around for fear tactics is so sad.
the lake of fire may be an idea based upon large forest fires or large streams of lava. The notion of hell is clearly stolen from some conditions on earth. The notion of a nice heaven is a bit more fanciful, and tends to lack the best attributes of earth and nature, and focus on jewels and gold and status and flattery. A very inferior heaven. I think purgatory would be the best bet, since Voltaire and all the creative geniuses of the world and brilliant thinkers would be there. Luckily we can access them thru books, in this life. Which is closer to a "heaven" for us.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#136968 Sep 9, 2014
havent forgotten wrote:
<quoted text>
that was not to me, but please forgive my lack of caps, and the little tiny periods, and judge by the content of the substance of the comment.
No probs!
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136969 Sep 9, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
I see no comments about Phil Robertson's "Convert them or kill them" comment.
I see Hannity is defending the comment.
I'm waiting to hear the house, senate republicans and fox-news comments on Obama's strategy handed to him by the top military commanders fairs, Wednesday night. I'm sure some right wing republicans agree with Phil Robertson.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#136970 Sep 9, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm waiting to hear the house, senate republicans and fox-news comments on Obama's strategy handed to him by the top military commanders fairs, Wednesday night. I'm sure some right wing republicans agree with Phil Robertson.
I should add the Fox "news" team and its true believing watchers to my list of folks who should join a private army and go fight Isis in Iraq and Syria. And the Limbaugh Beck and Coulter fans too.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#136971 Sep 9, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
strike the word fairs. What will be most interesting is what Rand Paul says and what Mitt Romney says. I think they are the two gOP front-runners for 2016. There are many words of wisdom from many Senate Democrats - and the two independents from Maine and Vermont. and from several House Democrats also - Smith of Washington, Schiff of California are two of the more important ones.
Issa is just up to more political partisan ship tricks. He is competing with Ted Cruz for the Joe McCarthy lookalike act alike award. Cheney is in that contest too. Cruz wins on the lookalike aspect, but the other two are first rate slanderers and liars, also.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136972 Sep 9, 2014
colt 45 wrote:
<quoted text>
He is alive? Well you said he died. Tell him to
Drop by the house and I will
See if he is worship worthy.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
house cleaner wanted 45 min Just asking 6
Whatever happened to the Eye Dr. Gregory? 1 hr TOASTup 14
Education 3 hr Curious 22
outlaws 3 hr eighty one 20
Grand Jury indicts Dexter Smith for perjury 6 hr Barb 23
Annual east 80 sale in london ky 11 hr Concerned 1
Will someone loan me $6000? (Apr '11) 11 hr well 41

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance