Bible study rules for public schools proposed

Feb 10, 2010 Full story: The Courier-Journal 132,271

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Full Story

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#136830 Sep 3, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
The simple fact is that THE LARGEST ATHEIST ORGANIZATION IN THE U.S. FILED A SPURIOUS LAWSUIT based on their belief that the Cross caused them to be afflicted by many maladies.
atheism is a religion,atheists have started churches using the Christianh model as a place of worship
Cult=a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also : its body of adherents
There is your evidence,which you are making an obvious futile effort to deny....
Your mind has been hit by a tornado of deceit and left a wrech in it's path
Your mind is a tornado of deceit. A guy filed a class action lawsuit against Subway because their "foot long" buns were shorter than 12 inches. That doesn't make him a worshiper of cheese steak sandwiches or the leader of a BMT cult.
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#136831 Sep 3, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Oooohh...two replies from you to my one post - I love it when I can wind you up so easily.
Of course, we all know that you are fully supportive of icest yourself so your above post has no credibility or integrity.
What a hypocrite your belief has made you.
Curious rebuttals are similar in style to Muslim cleric replies to Hannity on fox news.

Fiery Exchange Between Fox News Hannity and Imam Anjem Choudary - 8/27/2014

antitheist

Pikeville, KY

#136832 Sep 3, 2014
Known Fact wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus said at John 8:31, 32 :“If you remain in my word, you are really my disciples, 32 and you will know the truth, and the truth will set you free.
But he said nothing about dreams.
News flash... no Jesus ... not real... never existed.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136833 Sep 3, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The god of the gaps argument you insist on using now has been used by religious people for thousands of years.
You do realise that there were many other arguments religious people used to cite, which, thanks to science, and unfortunately for you, are now redundant having been thoroyghly refuted and debunked.
I have no doubt whatsoever, tha tyou would still be using any one of those many arguments if science hadn't filled that gap.
All your argument does is show a gap in our knowledge - there is no justification for filling that gap with your invisible sky pixie. In fact, the Dreamtime Snake of the Australian Aborigines has the same amount of justification to fill that gap as your god does.
Jehovah - god of the gaps. lol
I am sure that you are krackedtu and that if you had a legitimate reason for defending your humpty dumpty faith,you would do so. Obviously,no such reason exists,therefore your feebleminded attempts to avoid the topic with innane comments.. All your argument shows is the very discernible gap between your ears,however,you are not alone....Box ,Duck it and Chroe are afflicted by the same degenerative maladies.
Stand up for your faith and defend it......I know,,,Ain't gonna happen...
There is a valid justification for your nondefense of your faith....You can't defend it
You showed up at a gunfight with an empty water gun and a head to match.
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss
Your water pistol is empty and so is your head...

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#136834 Sep 3, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No ,Juan Bobo..My conclusions are not nonsense. The fact that your faith has left you in an untenable and defenseless position leaves you with no choice other than to believe in magical miracles. Energy may have always existed? Energy may be eternal?
That is exactly what I believe about MY God, that He is eternal, which you atheists mock
And who created your God? is the constant whinnibg of atheists.
My God is eternal,from everlasting to everlasting . He has life within Himself and can therefore impart it to His creation.
Energy can neither create life as it has no life of it's own, nor consciousness nor intelligence.
Energy can only be converted.
So, if life was not created by Intelligence Design, then it must have been created by nonintelligence
or as you have sttated, by the churning of the elements....
So, you atheists claim that there is no intelligence capable of creating life, that life can only be created by nonintelligence...
However, atheist scientists are working 24/7 in attempting to create with their intelligence that which they claim intelligence can not create. That is a backazzwards faith that only unintelligence
can understand.
BTW , I've made it plain,time and again,that English is not my native language, that is why I write with an accent,,,
A credo is a piece of furniture that you rock a baby to sleep in..........LOL
You keep grasping at straw men. I do not recall any atheists here insisting intelligence could not create life. As of yet we have seen no intelligence create life.
Energy can convert, so it does stand to reason energy converted to the elements of life. This defies no laws of physics or biology.

It seems more reasonable to think simple energy preceded intelligence. You are claiming intelligence is eternal. Sorry, but I feel that defies the logic of complexity. You are claiming the most complex thing always existed. I am claiming the least complex thing probably always existed. So our ideas are very different. Maybe if you could show why the most complex is needed first to create the simple?

And yes, I am aware English is not your native language, so when you fail to understand our words, maybe you should have an ounce of humility and respect, and try to learn the proper use of our words.

And I showed what is nonsensical about your conclusions, and you did not dispute them. I believe in things and I do not believe nothing created nothing. You could not refute that.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136835 Sep 3, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
No,it's not AA org. that has a church, it's another bunch of atheists lunatics from London that have started churches based on the Christiam Model, where the loonie birds worship NOTHING
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssss
Carambaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aa
Now they are fighting like cats and dogs with their church in New York, a question of faith, NYC one claims to believe in God less than their counterparts in Lonbon.
It is a question of who believes the least.....Can you believe that? LOL
So another group has a building in which they call a church(or is that your view of the building) and they do not even worship anything, yet you still insist it is a religion? Oh, and it is not the group in question?
Catholics have a Pope, so does that mean you have a Pope? Of course not.

Fact is, you could not find good cause to show AA.org as a cult, so you made up some bullshit. If lies are all you have, then you have nothing.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136836 Sep 3, 2014
http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/church

[church] Spell Syllables

Examples
Word Origin

noun

a building for public Christian worship.

public worship of God or a religious service in such a building:
"to attend church regularly."

(sometimes initial capital letter) the whole body of Christian believers; Christendom.

(sometimes initial capital letter) any division of this body professing the same creed and acknowledging the same ecclesiastical authority; a Christian denomination:
"the Methodist Church."

that part of the whole Christian body, or of a particular denomination, belonging to the same city, country, nation, etc.

a body of Christians worshipping in a particular building or constituting one congregation:
"She is a member of this church."

ecclesiastical organization, power, and affairs, as distinguished from the state:
"separation of church and state; The missionary went wherever the church sent him."

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136837 Sep 3, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Naaaaaaaaaaaaaah, I explained very clearly, that you failed to understand can be blamed on your faith Isay they are a cult based on the content of their lawsuit, you are claiming they filed a crazy lawsuit...Crazy lawsuits are filed by crazy people....So you may be right, proving my point, which I have often stated" atheists are nuts" Thanks for not being able to refute my logic...
Ayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy yyy carambaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaa
So you feels cults are defined by content of a law suit? Just trying to determine your logic.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#136838 Sep 3, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
Curious rebuttals are similar in style to Muslim cleric replies to Hannity on fox news.
curious exhibits a strange and somewhat common condition among religies. He seems to have no ability whatsoever to dissociate from his own psychological dependence on religion, so he believes everyone else must be in denial of being delusional in the same way he is.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136839 Sep 3, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>Fair enough response. I've read books on dreams, they were fascinating but were very vague and could apply to many scenarios. Like I said, it could have just been a dream. It could have just been a coincidence. However, the timing was impeccable. Experts could say that the brain was practicing for the emotional trauma of dealing with a sick family members death. I knew he was sick, and in the hospital. I did not understand how bad he really was. I didn't know he was going to die. I was only hearing from my family maybe once a week at best. He was 2500 miles away from me. I knew that he was in a hospital, had been for a couple of weeks. It's just really strange, that on the night of his death, not the day or days before, that I would have that specific dream at that specific time, on that specific night. When I talked to relatives the best we could tell was when he was dying, in one state, I was having the dream in another. Coincidence, possibly, but it is what it is.
It could be coincidence, or it could be that you just remembered the dream this time due to the news of his death. You may have had similar dreams on other days but could not recall them due to having no relevant attachment to an event. That is how human memory works.
As I am sure you are aware, we do not remember most of our dreams.

And how is it you did not have a phone?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136840 Sep 3, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>About the eyes and body language. Eyes are very expressionistic yes. They are able to show a whole host of emotions. But they can also tell you a story. This is an example of what I'm trying to say.'Sort of". I happen to be able to draw portraits of people. You can draw a physical likeness of someone but it may not tell you about what that person is like. If you truly want to catch that persons "Essence" you have to look into their eyes and see what those eyes are telling you about that person. Then, you have to Open yourself up to receive that info. None of it can be "Your" preconceived notion of who you think they are. They have to tell you the story with their eyes and essence. Their eyes may tell you things about the type of life this person has lead. The type of person they are on the inside. Then you can examine the face. You can look at the way the eyes and face are. Are there lines? Are there Deep lines? More than a person their age should have? Less than a person their age should have? Are they the eyes of a innocent child? or are they the eyes of someone who has seen a lot? Are they the eyes of a heartless Shark? Etc. Skin tones: Does this person have the skin of someone who has been indoors most of their life, or someone who has had to work in the sun all their lives? And you keep building and getting a complete picture of the person as you draw them. When the portrait is finally done, you have opened yourself up to see whats truly there and have tried to catch their essence and put it on paper or canvas. The process of reading people is similar. All you have to do is see the eyes, and the head, and listen to the words coming out of their mouth and a true portrait will start to form in your minds eye on who this person really is. When you open up even more, and use the other techniques I discussed then you get even more information. You can also just pick up on the emotions of people, just by walking by them, but that's another issue.
Yes, I agree with this natural way of reading others. Some people are naturally good at reading body language. Sometimes it is simply a matter of trying to do it.
And clearly you are trying, and even have a body language book you may have gotten some pointers from.
Animals have evolved the innate skill of reading others so as to protect themselves from the dangerous ones.
Again, our instincts do seem amazing and almost magical. But as we learn how and why they came to be, the plausibility of it all being normal and natural is easier.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136841 Sep 3, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>What Ever.
So you reject testing your powers? Most do, as they probably know deep down, they have no powers that are special or supernatural.

Mike Duquette wrote:

<quoted text>
You could earn a cool million dollars by proving your powers under controlled conditions.
http://www.skepdic.com/randi.html
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136842 Sep 3, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
The god of the gaps argument you insist on using now has been used by religious people for thousands of years.
You do realise that there were many other arguments religious people used to cite, which, thanks to science, and unfortunately for you, are now redundant having been thoroyghly refuted and debunked.
I have no doubt whatsoever, tha tyou would still be using any one of those many arguments if science hadn't filled that gap.
All your argument does is show a gap in our knowledge - there is no justification for filling that gap with your invisible sky pixie. In fact, the Dreamtime Snake of the Australian Aborigines has the same amount of justification to fill that gap as your god does.
Jehovah - god of the gaps. lol
ooooooooooooooooooooooh, I love it when you post gibberish that can be easily refuted.
Now,tell me why you believe that it is impossible for a superiotr intelligence to create life,but readily accept that nonintelligence is capable of creating such. More over,your atheist cumquar scientists make the sams claim, while attemptimg to create,by their intelligence, what they claim intelligence is unable to accomplish... Certainly, their intelligence has failed...
So,they have failed where nonintelligence has succeeded, that is, assuming you accept their backazzwsards logic, which you and other atheists do.
That is the grinding stone necklace that your faith has placed on your necks ,which you are not able to defend ....A faith that leaves you defenseless is not worth defending.
Now, put away your empty water gun and run like H#ll, the guys with granade launchers have arrived on the scene. and undoubtedly will sink your boat whose floor, like your fraith ,is rotted and full of holes.
Get ready to meet the titanic..........
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssss, your faith has caused your drowning,and there are no life preservers anywhere to be found, atheism does not allow for such
The atheists went trolling and wound up drowning..........LOL
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136843 Sep 3, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bb11PXcgFOkXX
I see they chased you out of the children's playgroud again for offering candy to little kids.
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, the word is out, your house has been banned for Halloween..........
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#136844 Sep 3, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
ooooooooooooooooooooooh, I love it when you post gibberish that can be easily refuted.
Now,tell me why you believe that it is impossible for a superiotr intelligence to create life,but readily accept that nonintelligence is capable of creating such. More over,your atheist cumquar scientists make the sams claim, while attemptimg to create,by their intelligence, what they claim intelligence is unable to accomplish... Certainly, their intelligence has failed...
So,they have failed where nonintelligence has succeeded, that is, assuming you accept their backazzwsards logic, which you and other atheists do.
That is the grinding stone necklace that your faith has placed on your necks ,which you are not able to defend ....A faith that leaves you defenseless is not worth defending.
Now, put away your empty water gun and run like H#ll, the guys with granade launchers have arrived on the scene. and undoubtedly will sink your boat whose floor, like your fraith ,is rotted and full of holes.
Get ready to meet the titanic..........
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssss, your faith has caused your drowning,and there are no life preservers anywhere to be found, atheism does not allow for such
The atheists went trolling and wound up drowning..........LOL
You're beliefs read more like extremist Islamic than secular christian. Are you going to join them?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#136845 Sep 3, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I see they chased you out of the children's playgroud again for offering candy to little kids.
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssss, the word is out, your house has been banned for Halloween..........
Your beliefs read more like extremist Islamic than secular christian. Are you going to join them?
spaceship

Roseville, CA

#136846 Sep 3, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
So you reject testing your powers? Most do, as they probably know deep down, they have no powers that are special or supernatural.
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
You could earn a cool million dollars by proving your powers under controlled conditions.
http://www.skepdic.com/randi.html
When put to the test by atheist or non-believers that say you're either too ignorant to understand or that you do not have faith enough in the charlatan's claims. I tell them, go down to the VA and grow limbs back on soldiers that were blow off in combat. They will say "well Jesus never did that, and if he did then you wouldn't never have to have faith which the bible requires".

That said, the bible says if you had faith then nothing is impossible for them to do. Bible refutes their claims and faith healers have lost the debate.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136847 Sep 3, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
You keep grasping at straw men. I do not recall any atheists here insisting intelligence could not create life. As of yet we have seen no intelligence create life.
Energy can convert, so it does stand to reason energy converted to the elements of life. This defies no laws of physics or biology.
It seems more reasonable to think simple energy preceded intelligence. You are claiming intelligence is eternal. Sorry, but I feel that defies the logic of complexity. You are claiming the most complex thing always existed. I am claiming the least complex thing probably always existed. So our ideas are very different. Maybe if you could show why the most complex is needed first to create the simple?
And yes, I am aware English is not your native language, so when you fail to understand our words, maybe you should have an ounce of humility and respect, and try to learn the proper use of our words.
And I showed what is nonsensical about your conclusions, and you did not dispute them. I believe in things and I do not believe nothing created nothing. You could not refute that.
Well Dudkit,I implore you to continue espousing your atheist philosophy, as it tends to confirm my belief in the supernatural, which you claim not to believe in.
You are now stating that energy may have possibly always existed. We know that energy Can not be created by natural means and if it always existed,it must be supernatural.
That is exactly what I claim about my God,He is Supernatural...So you do believe in the supernatural when it is convenient for you to do so...
However, the effect can not be greater than the cause, energy can not impart to matter what energy itself does not posses, as energy can only be converted...
Sooooooooooooo, your beliefs are such that that which energy does not posses,life, intelligence and consciousness, energy can somehow convert these properties to nonliving, nonconscious and nonintelligent matter.
As yet you have not seen human intelligence create life, but, atheist scientists claim that there is no intelligence needed to create life, as a matter of fact they deny such intelligence exists.
Therefore, if energy is eternal, but can only be converted,from whence came it's ability to create life,intelligence and consciousness, properties it does not posses nor knows anything about.
The fact is that ,your faith has crippled your mind,left you defenseless and you are,invain,trying to prop it up with defective crutches,all to no avail.....
The millingstone necklace wrapped aroud your necks and designed by your faith has you atheists totally collared from where you can not escape....
That goes for you, Krakedtu, Chroe, The nut from California, where nuts are always in full bloom,
litterbox , who has not chimed in yet with his inane excuses, witchetty and her frail and dysfunctional broom and lest I forget Haven't forgotten, he be the one that can't remenber.
Magical miracles are for feeble minds and should only be taught in mental institutions, where they will be readily believed by those who file crazy lawsuits
garbage pick up day is tommorrow, so I know what I need to do with all your postings.
Good riddance to bad rubbish..........

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#136848 Sep 3, 2014
spaceship wrote:
<quoted text>
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =bb11PXcgFOkXX
At times, there is very little between curious and the IS idiots currently rampaging across the Middle East.

Since: Apr 08

Nottingham, UK

#136849 Sep 3, 2014
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
I am sure that you are krackedtu and that if you had a legitimate reason for defending your humpty dumpty faith,you would do so. Obviously,no such reason exists,therefore your feebleminded attempts to avoid the topic with innane comments.. All your argument shows is the very discernible gap between your ears,however,you are not alone....Box ,Duck it and Chroe are afflicted by the same degenerative maladies.
Stand up for your faith and defend it......I know,,,Ain't gonna happen...
There is a valid justification for your nondefense of your faith....You can't defend it
You showed up at a gunfight with an empty water gun and a head to match.
Yikessssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssssssssssssss
Your water pistol is empty and so is your head...
Rant

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Mayor west ousted by city's employees !!! 5 min I heard 2
Who is Winston tye seeing now....... 31 min Adam 22
Is Jesus a Zombie? 2 hr Mitt Romney 8
jeff vaughn not dories jeff violas jeff is a rat 2 hr LoL 8
Rats?? just wondering 2 hr pacman 6
Everybody shits everyday (Jul '09) 3 hr they_r_Evil 12
Barbourville nursing home 6 hr Rita 5
How to make homemade ice melt for steps, sidewa... (Jan '13) 12 hr Will 53
Barbourville Dating
Find my Match