Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 179985 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

“See how you are?”

Since: Jul 12

Earth

#136886 Sep 5, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
"You compare the channels to find fault with those who don't say the same things you want to hear "
Really? How about just hearing about the stuff your guys want hidden... that's more like it!
CNN broke the VA scandal.... I guess that was no biggie for you...
IRS, Operation Wide Receiver, NSA, Holder, AP, Benghazi, race baiting, class warfare,
warfare on women, not a smidgen of corruption in this transparently corrupt white house...
I believe in what is RIGHT, not what is WRONG!
BTW In the polls, Fox news is the most trusted source... you can go back to your MSNBC!
You don't believe in what is right, you believe in what is right wing.
You fail to realize that what the poll actually reveals is the sharp partisanship and favoritism of FOX fans, while those who are not Fox regulars tend not to be either loyal to one single news outlet nor dote on one faithfully, erroneously and irrationally as absolutely objective and trustworthy.
There is plenty to point fingers at in the current White House, and there is plenty to point fingers at in the former administration - but FOX was disinclined to do so >because it CATERS< to a conservative audience. You fail. For each of the faults you find with the Obama White House there are faults to be found with every other White House - but FOX didn't and you don't. Every leader needs to be held to higher standards - not just Democrats. I'm not an Obamaphile and I'm certainly no fan of Holder but neither you nor FOX have any issue with the Bush Administration stacking the Justice Department, or with any of Rove's nefarious hijinks. Benghazi happened through the fog of war, the invasion of Iraq did not. BTW... incidents of race baiting occurs on both sides, but contemporary class warfare and the war on women are deliberate and they all yours, buddy.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#136887 Sep 5, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>He met Jesus even more dramatically than I did!
Hoping you meet Him too!
He had a stroke walking along a road. You acquired a methamphetamine induced psychosis. <shrug> It was what it was, it is what it is. Maybe I'll trip and hit my head taking the trash out or get encephalitis from a mosquito bite - would that make you happy?
Brandon and Jennifer

Frankfort, KY

#136888 Sep 5, 2014
We worship Chewbacca. He's the one true God. His minions are gerbils and we worship them too.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#136889 Sep 5, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
Ecclesiastes:
10:2 A wise man's heart [is] at his right hand; but a fool's
heart [is] at his left.
10:3 Also, when he that is a fool walketh by the way, his wisdom
faileth [him], and he saith to every one [that] he [is] a fool.
10:4 If the spirit of the ruler riseth against thee, leave not
thy place; for yielding pacifieth great offenses.
10:5 There is an evil [which] I have seen under the sun, as an
error [which] proceedeth from the ruler:
"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord."

Deuteronomy 23:1

So how do you xtians adhere to this rule?

Do you check each others genitals every Sunday before you get let into church?

Oh holy holy holy

“See how you are?”

Earth

#136890 Sep 5, 2014
Brandon and Jennifer wrote:
We worship Chewbacca. He's the one true God. His minions are gerbils and we worship them too.
I thought his minions were tribbles?

“See how you are?”

Earth

#136891 Sep 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
"He that is wounded in the stones, or hath his privy member cut off, shall not enter into the congregation of the Lord."
So how do you xtians adhere to this rule?
Do you check each others genitals every Sunday before you get let into church?
Oh holy holy holy
Well, that makes Jewish circumcision perfectly logical then. uhh, wait a minute...?
The Christians don't have to abide by the OT covenants - they're for everyone else. That's why thy can lie with impunity and call it "Truth." I'm pretty sure that practice started with Paul.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#136892 Sep 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Well, that makes Jewish circumcision perfectly logical then. uhh, wait a minute...?
The Christians don't have to abide by the OT covenants - they're for everyone else. That's why thy can lie with impunity and call it "Truth." I'm pretty sure that practice started with Paul.
When it suits them, teh Christians in here will quote the OT as if its word is still authoritative.

However, when it doesn't suit them, the OT suddenly becomes out-of-date and not applicable to them.

Flip-flop..........the sound of a Christian.
Brandon and Jennifer

Frankfort, KY

#136893 Sep 5, 2014
Why doesn't anyone give the God Chewbacca a chance. He doesn't say much, he's covered in fur and he has gerbils as followers. Get with the program folks! Chewy is the real deal!
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#136894 Sep 5, 2014
I think everyone has the right to believe what they want. I sure can't argue scripture with you guys, because I'm not familiar with them, nor would I want to. I'm not into blind faith, just taking the word of a book as the Word of God. I hate to be the one to point out the Obvious, but everyone is arguing over a book that was written by MEN. Lots of different men. Just looking at the facts, each of those people in that "BOOK" has their own take of what God has passed on to them. How can someone take the word of lots of someones they have never met or spoken to? I know this is gonna upset some people but for example, when Moses saw that burning bush, who's to say he didn't have a fever or was on some type of drug? No one was there. And all of those other claims and scriptures, rules and visions etc, from all those different people. Again, everyone is arguing and debating over a book that was written by men and taking it as the true word of God. You guys don't see an obvious problem with this?

“I'll think about it.”

Since: Nov 07

central Florida

#136895 Sep 5, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
Ummmm...if "stones" means genitals.....then "stoning" should mean beating someone (male or female) to death with genitals... which sounds suspiously like rape.

How very Islamic, where women are "punished" for various real or imagined offenses by being raped.

Bible or Koran, both are disgustingly barbaric.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#136896 Sep 5, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
I think everyone has the right to believe what they want. I sure can't argue scripture with you guys, because I'm not familiar with them, nor would I want to. I'm not into blind faith, just taking the word of a book as the Word of God. I hate to be the one to point out the Obvious, but everyone is arguing over a book that was written by MEN. Lots of different men. Just looking at the facts, each of those people in that "BOOK" has their own take of what God has passed on to them. How can someone take the word of lots of someones they have never met or spoken to? I know this is gonna upset some people but for example, when Moses saw that burning bush, who's to say he didn't have a fever or was on some type of drug? No one was there. And all of those other claims and scriptures, rules and visions etc, from all those different people. Again, everyone is arguing and debating over a book that was written by men and taking it as the true word of God. You guys don't see an obvious problem with this?
Who are you arguing with? Of course >we< guys see the obvious problems will all of this . It is the religious folks who think that being rational, thinking critically and logically assessing the evidence are "deceits of Satan."
The point is not whether people have right to believe what they want, it is that those beliefs do not grant any license to govern others via psychosis, delusion, superstition and mythology.
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#136897 Sep 5, 2014
ChromiuMan wrote:
<quoted text>
Who are you arguing with? Of course >we< guys see the obvious problems will all of this . It is the religious folks who think that being rational, thinking critically and logically assessing the evidence are "deceits of Satan."
The point is not whether people have right to believe what they want, it is that those beliefs do not grant any license to govern others via psychosis, delusion, superstition and mythology.
I wasn't arguing with anyone, just pointing out the obvious.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#136899 Sep 5, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>Sure your theory's "could" be possible, but "I" don't believe that was the case. I think I would have remembered having that dream in the past. I suppose it's possible that I did not remember it, It's just my opinion that I had never had that dream before. I think I would have remembered If I woke up crying another time. It's not something that happens to me. I may be sensitive, but not that sensitive. That's not a knee jerk response, that's what I believe because, the evidence says otherwise. No other waking up in the middle of the night distraught because a family member died dreams that I could recall. I think I would have remembered the waking up part in the middle of the night, having trouble going back to sleep because of A dream.
I made no claim about you waking up crying, as I do not recall you talking about that part before. I am simply talking about dreams and how we often do not recall them.
To claim you have not dreamed this before is an impossible claim to make, as we do not recall most of our dreams.
If this dream woke you, then is another reason you likely remembered it.
Even if it was the only dream of that sort, it still defies no science we know. Our brain takes practice runs of different scenarios to better equip us to deal with situations. In this case, it seems to be a perfect textbook example.
You can reject it all you wish, but it shows me just another example of your claims that have a plausible natural reason behind it. I see no reason to assume your experiences were less than natural.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136900 Sep 5, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>As a side note: You were probably studying the wrong kind of book to get the results you wanted with the women. Try reading, "How to become an Alpha Male by John Alexander, The Natural by, Richard La Ruina, Or " The A Game by Logan Edwards", your results should skyrocket. ;)
Sometimes you just need a different perspective to get the results you are looking for. Just trying to help, cause I'm nice like that.
My story had nothing to do with me getting women, it had to do with dealing with knowing what so many thought.
I am sure playing games(as the title of the book suggests) can trick women into going out with you. I feel being myself is the way I should go.
The glares of the Alpha males in the club was bothersome. I did sense a game of intimidation going on.
I am not rejecting the book, just giving my first thoughts on it. I suppose I am judging the book by its cover.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136901 Sep 5, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>As a side note: You were probably studying the wrong kind of book to get the results you wanted with the women. Try reading, "How to become an Alpha Male by John Alexander, The Natural by, Richard La Ruina, Or " The A Game by Logan Edwards", your results should skyrocket. ;)
Sometimes you just need a different perspective to get the results you are looking for. Just trying to help, cause I'm nice like that.
And I was not studying the book for the reasons you cite, but it does help one to know who is actually interested.
I study a lot of evolutionary psychology, and this lead me to the body language books.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136902 Sep 5, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been to Walmart lately?... You try reading body language there and you will go blind...
I went the other day with my Obama t shirt on. Can you imagine the looks I got?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136903 Sep 5, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Have you been to Walmart lately?... You try reading body language there and you will go blind...
Oh, and the shirt said Obama 44. The cashier asked what that meant, so I explained it. She said that is the sort of stuff only Jeopardy players know.

“See how you are?”

Earth

#136904 Sep 5, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>I wasn't arguing with anyone, just pointing out the obvious.
The obvious is that the story of Moses and the burning bush is wholly unsubstantiated. There simply isn't evidence to propose that any part of it took place, much less that Moses was imagining or hallucinating or that the event(s) happened at all. We might as well ruminate conjectures about what precise shade of blue Babe the ox was. I have discussed elements of the story of the Exodus simply to point out the ample foibles and hypocrisy of modern believers in bronze age mythology.

“Speaker of Mountain Wisdom....”

Since: Jan 10

http://www.pixoto.com/quantumm

#136905 Sep 5, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
I went the other day with my Obama t shirt on. Can you imagine the looks I got?
Surprised someone didn't pee on it.... ;)

“See how you are?”

Earth

#136906 Sep 5, 2014
Quantummist wrote:
<quoted text>
Surprised someone didn't pee on it.... ;)
Depending on what state he lives in I might be more surprised the cashier could read it.
"What is there is no P in Obama?" for a bag of Ol' Roy, Alex.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Shooting 22 min Quantummist 5
{keep a word drop a word} (Oct '11) 35 min Princess Hey 4,409
Does Any One Know Christina Sparks 40 min Add 7
Amanda couch 58 min my opinion 2
Why was Sherman Lawson Not Arrested ? 1 hr jackie 45
Bad girls 1 hr Weird 7
Chief Deputy Derek Eubanks... (Jan '12) 1 hr Election 2018 917

Barbourville Jobs

Personal Finance

Barbourville Mortgages