Bible study rules for public schools ...

Bible study rules for public schools proposed

There are 149566 comments on the The Courier-Journal story from Feb 10, 2010, titled Bible study rules for public schools proposed. In it, The Courier-Journal reports that:

FRANKFORT, Ky. - The state would create rules for teaching about the Bible in public high schools under a bill filed Monday by three Democratic senators.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Courier-Journal.

Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#136702 Aug 30, 2014
The_Box wrote:
<quoted text>
It's trivial to explain it: the little boy's parents made the whole thing up in order to make money.
Sure....
Go ahead, and believe whatever you want to, but I know God is real...
so what you believe is wrong... when it comes to God!
Feeling sorry for all like you :-(
Know it all

Richmond, KY

#136703 Aug 30, 2014

How about Joe Sores, I hear he is back with that girl Betty.
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#136704 Aug 30, 2014
Horatio wrote:
We should all at least agree that the creation of the universe in any sence was magical and simply remarkable.
Cannot deny that!

And we did not observe it, and we cannot repeat it!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#136705 Aug 30, 2014
Jenny4 wrote:
Wow! Is this a joke???
I would be for a class that taught all of the world's religions in a secular manner. However, teaching just the Bible is a CLEAR violation of the 1st amendment's establishment clause! Sorry people, it will not(and should not) happen!
No it is not!
It's clear in History, that out "Once" Great nation was founded on Biblical principles!
We can see today how turning from God has destroyed this nation...
The end is near...
Repent, and call on Jesus!
Yes and Amen

Mount Sterling, KY

#136706 Aug 30, 2014
God is so Good!
He took a couple of milligrams of protein packed into a seed, and
that seed drew minerals, and water from the earth, and brought forth
big juicy tomatoes..... that drop more seeds to produce more
plants after their own kind!
Thank you Lord!

You all have a Great weekend!:-)
pitbullie

Versailles, KY

#136707 Aug 30, 2014
[Dear BS,
If you actually had a cardiac arrest, it could very well not matter at all that you had oxygen "on you". When your heart is not beating normally fresh oxygenated blood would not be properly supplied to your brain. When your heart slows down or stops, so does the supply of oxygen to your brain.

Just basic biology
BRAIN STORM

Campbellsville, KY

#136708 Aug 30, 2014
pitbullie wrote:
[Dear BS,
If you actually had a cardiac arrest, it could very well not matter at all that you had oxygen "on you". When your heart is not beating normally fresh oxygenated blood would not be properly supplied to your brain. When your heart slows down or stops, so does the supply of oxygen to your brain.
Just basic biology
I had thought about that. I figured since the oxygen was on me all the time that I would still would have had oxygen being sent into my blood anyway. I'm not for sure, I'm not a doctor either. That still doesn't explain how everything else could happen when I was not starving for oxygen in everyday life. The physical manifestations that were seen, or the same type of NDE experiences in deep meditation. Like being able to go back through the tunnel to the light. No longer being aware of my physical body. Etc. Granted in deep meditation your heart rate most likely lowers and breathing slows, but you are still getting Oxygen to you brain.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136712 Aug 30, 2014
pitbullie wrote:
[Dear BS,
Just basic biology
Interesting article what happens to a pilot training in a centrifuge forced blood away from the brain.

An out-of-body experience (OBE) generally involves a sensation of “floating” or trailing behind one’s physical self. Currently, mainstream science defines an OBE as a genre of hallucination created by neurological factors ranging from lucid dreaming, gravity-induced loss of consciousness, magnetic stimulation in the brain and dissociative agents like the drug ketamine.

Dr. James Winnery, a chemistry professor at West Texas A&M, discovered that one could systematically trigger OBEs among fighter pilots training to withstand extreme gravitational forces felt in the cockpit. When using a centrifuge (the rapidly rotating cylindrical chamber pioneered by NASA astronauts), the tremendous gravitational stress forced the pilot’s blood away from the brain, eventually causing a brief loss of consciousness. After leaving the centrifuge, a number of pilots reported having the strange perception of trailing their physical body, then watching their physical selves as they exited the centrifuge chamber.

http://dailynexus.com/2013-02-22/mind-body-an...
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136713 Aug 30, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
Looks like number twelve and thirteen are applicable in our guy with the NDE tale. I am sure he has no books that dispute his preconceived beliefs, so this information is all surely very new to him. Strange, if I had some experience like this, I would read everything I could get my hands on about it. But when it comes to believers, they just accept things as is. Hawking in alive.
Brain Storm opened a Pandora's box how religious ones and others may have these hallucinations. Brain damage could be one reason how religion and holy books started. Joseph Smith and Brigham Young's claim that Mormons taught that the moon was inhabited by people that dressed like Quakers.
havent forgotten

Lamoni, IA

#136714 Aug 30, 2014
Jenny4 wrote:
Wow! Is this a joke???
I would be for a class that taught all of the world's religions in a secular manner. However, teaching just the Bible is a CLEAR violation of the 1st amendment's establishment clause! Sorry people, it will not(and should not) happen!
hi jenny. are you the same jenny whose comments
i liked before. I agree with this one. However, it might be difficult for a teacher to teach about all the world's religions, without encountering criticism. The teacher certainly could not tell the whole truth about them, and their effects upon history and individual human beings. A good case for a college course on comparative religion would be easier and safer to make. Remember the Scopes trial. I am not sure how much more evolved some people are in their thinking than back then. Have you seen the films about that trial. Really fine actors - an old black and white version I saw recently even had Gene Kelly in it as a newspaper reporter.
Mammoth

United States

#136715 Aug 30, 2014
I think I can post again. Hmm, been a while.

Since: Apr 08

Cambridge, UK

#136716 Aug 30, 2014
Yes and Amen wrote:
<quoted text>
No it is not!
It's clear in History, that out "Once" Great nation was founded on Biblical principles!
We can see today how turning from God has destroyed this nation...
The end is near...
Repent, and call on Jesus!
When was the US at it's nmost godly?

When they were slaughtering the indians in their thousands.
Curious

Winter Garden, FL

#136717 Aug 30, 2014
Mike Duquette wrote:
<quoted text>
So are you prepared to defend his claim of Stephen Hawking being dead? You are no empire, liar.
Hey sasquatch, Stephen hawkins has nothing to do with the subject in question,you twerp

This is what you wrote and what I was referencing
"I am no expert, but clearly neither are you, so when you claim in some absolute manner that an oxygen mask kept your brain supplied with all the oxygen it needed, I am going to call you out."

You atheists like to play bait and switch.
Problem is that he was batting 4 for 4 against you with a couple of grandslams and you wanted to call him out....
And I never claimed to be an Empire nor a Kingdom,,,,You are a,,,,,Liar ,liar,pants on fire hanging on a telephone wire.......... Ya disoriented twit,,,,

BAck to the donut shop you go
So you can claim you're in the dough
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136718 Aug 31, 2014
Khatru wrote:
<quoted text>
When was the US at it's nmost godly?
When they were slaughtering the indians in their thousands.
Wow, YAA has no rebuttal to that.
spaceship

Rancho Cordova, CA

#136719 Aug 31, 2014
Saudi Arabia , Kuwait and Qatar is funding ISIS. Turkey is allowing ISIS a gateway to sell oil to support their fighters and filter westerners through their country to aid ISIS. Fox news trying to blame Obama for what Bush got our country into in Iraq.

Former president Bush says Christians and Muslims worship the same god. I wonder if Bush is an atheist, he pretty close to the truth, only a turban and donkey away from being correct.

“Breaking the spell ”

Since: Dec 10

of the puppet master

#136720 Aug 31, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>I did look it up. And I couldn't find a death for him. I did respond with a smile. You need to lighten up some. I did answer the question like you answered some of your questions. Facts, Proof, Samples, even though I suspected that you may be correct. I was giving you a taste of your own medicine. It was a teaching experience from me to you. I just thought I would send back the kind of responses that you put out.
So you see I was correct and you were wrong, yet could not admit to defending a lie. Why should I lighten up when you cannot admit what you did wrong? Yes, it was good you could at least admit your claim was wrong, but you still somehow clung to the idea you were not defending a lie.
Now you sit here and try to claim it was you teaching me a lesson? Are you nuts?
Clearly you learn nothing from your mistakes.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136721 Aug 31, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>No I will pass on starting the cult. That's not even something I practice anymore. Let scientologist and Atheist do that.:)
Name one atheist cult? Cults are of superstitions. Cults are of religion and you are lying by trying to blaim atheists.
You are sounding more and more like Curious.
private

College Station, TX

#136722 Aug 31, 2014
?

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136723 Aug 31, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>Were you there? Where you right there with us in the elevator? How could you even presume to know what took place in the elevator. Why do you seem so defensive as to what's being said. There you go with that closed mind thing again. You sure do a whole lot of ASS- U ME- ing. For someone who likes proof you sure do jump to a lot of conclusions with any shred of evidence or experience. WOW. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
I am assuming your friend can read body language. Should I not? What am I assuming wrongly? You were messing with her and she figured it out. You infer she could only sense this due to some supernatural power, I say it has a likely natural reason you clearly overlooked.
You gave clues in your story, and I made a few deductions. I see you showed none of my deductions wrong as of yet. All you did was get your panties in a wad.

“Breaking the spell ”

of the puppet master

#136724 Aug 31, 2014
BRAIN STORM wrote:
<quoted text>Were you there? Where you right there with us in the elevator? How could you even presume to know what took place in the elevator. Why do you seem so defensive as to what's being said. There you go with that closed mind thing again. You sure do a whole lot of ASS- U ME- ing. For someone who likes proof you sure do jump to a lot of conclusions with any shred of evidence or experience. WOW. Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.
Here is another assumption. You are going to ignore considering if I may be correct and you will not pick up a book on body language.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Barbourville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Tires in River at Park 46 min My opinion 2
KCHS girls coach 4 hr Criscrose 5
What's best place to get front end alignment? (Mar '13) 4 hr Curious 23
Where can you get non-ethonal gas around B'ville? 4 hr NonEthanol 4
Where is the Rodney Bullock post? 6 hr patty 5
all dads 10 hr Cant-fix-stupid 9
Wreck!! 10 hr Cant-fix-stupid 7
Who hung them self in town? Jul 21 Justin 9

Barbourville Jobs

More from around the web